TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (September)

Options

Replies

• erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    swauters wrote: »
    Hello September.
    I just weighed myself and gained 6.2 lbs in August. Yikes!
    This week is full. Monday=holiday bbq. Tuesday=1st day of school and back to work, Wednesday = MIL birthday, Thursday= Packers game (party)

My plan is to weigh and log everything I eat as well as to move 30 minutes extra each day. September MUST be better than August and I am the only one who can do it. No excuses

Good ol football season... One of the main reasons I am pushing myself extra in September. Eagles football is religion in our house and switches Sundays from housework and relaxing into parties and extra calories.
    Gonna have to become a regular at my gym Sunday mornings, haha
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 8,001 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Good morning team TBBT! It's one of those rare months where the first of the month is actually the first day of the Challenge! So, welcome to September, the month and the Challenge!

It's been a while since we had Sunday weigh-ins, but this month we have three, and they are all new members of TBBT. So I will be looking for a weigh-in post today from:

@dymphnadaniels, @energyseeker, and @mthomas0228

• HASWLRS
    Options
    Hi. I’m Kim from Wisconsin. I’ve gained 20# in past 2 years post menopause. My goal is 10# weight loss following a Mediterranean diet and increasing my water intake and 20 minutes of interval/ cardio type exercise before work. Will walk after work. Scheduled for work Labor Day so no picnics for me. I’m tired of being tired.This challenge should keep me motivated. Just had discussion with husband to help keep me on track. He’s retired and does a lot of the cooking. I work full time. Have a healthy month everyone.

@energyseeker, welcome, Kim! You seem to have a great plan in place for diet and exercise.
    That's great that you have your husband on board...it's so much easier to do this with support. (That's why we are all here, isn't it?)
  • energyseeker
    energyseeker Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    energyseeker
    Weigh in week September week 1
    Weigh in day Sunday
    Previous weight 160 #
    Today’s weight 159.4
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    energyseeker
    Weigh in week September week 1
    Weigh in day Sunday
    Previous weight 160 #
    Today’s weight 159.4

@energyseeker, whoo hoo!! Our first weigh-in post and our first loss for September!! Well done, Kim!!
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Sept 1
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes
    60 weight training
    Step:5235
    Water: 96oz
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    murdog3t wrote: »
    Sept 1
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes
    60 weight training
    Step:5235
    Water: 96oz

@murdog3t, way to get back on track....great start to the month!!
  • dymphnadaniels
    dymphnadaniels Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »

Do you have anything published that I can buy anywhere? I actually just finished a couple of books and am now looking for some new ones to purchase.

No, because my work has been with NAMI of SW MO and published for free. I don't even know if they keep back issues of their publication. I have copies of what I have written for them. The articles vary from simply understanding the doctor's script to articles where I had to interview people. A lot of it was research and writing, with cited sources so you could read up more if you were inclined to do so. Sometimes they were able to pay me for my work and sometimes not. It doesn't matter me; I enjoy the work. I have been doing writing of some kind since I was in elementary school. They also published a poetry book with several of my poems in it that they sold for $20 a piece. I believe it was called Our Open Door; I can try and find my copy and let you know.

• dymphnadaniels
    dymphnadaniels Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    dymphnadaniels
    Weigh-in week: 1 (September 1)
    Weigh-in Day: Sunday
    Previous Weight: 296.8
    Current Weight: 291.0
  • swauters
    swauters Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Hello September.
    This week is full. Monday=holiday bbq. Tuesday=1st day of school and back to work, Wednesday = MIL birthday, Thursday= Packers game (party)

My plan is to weigh and log everything I eat as well as to move 30 minutes extra each day. September MUST be better than August and I am the only one who can do it. No excuses

Good ol football season... One of the main reasons I am pushing myself extra in September. Eagles football is religion in our house and switches Sundays from housework and relaxing into parties and extra calories.

Here too. Someone is always hosting a party or we head to the stadium and tailgate. At least watching from home makes the food more controllable. Since we dont usually play the Eagles, I will also cheer for them.
  • ForLangston
    ForLangston Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Tracked, at and lots of walking. Will be dancing later on :)
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    dymphnadaniels
    Weigh-in week: 1 (September 1)
    Weigh-in Day: Sunday
    Previous Weight: 296.8
    Current Weight: 291.0

@dymphnadaniels, double whoo hoo!! That is one great weigh-in to start September!! Well done!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Tracked, at and lots of walking. Will be dancing later on :)

@ForLangston, love that you go dancing! Is there a special dance club you go to?
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Hello September.

Here too. Someone is always hosting a party or we head to the stadium and tailgate. At least watching from home makes the food more controllable. Since we dont usually play the Eagles, I will also cheer for them.

@erikNJ and @swauters, Raiders fan here. (Although my husband does have a soft spot for the Packers as he saw a game at Lambo Field one December. It was so cold, the beer turned to a slushy before you could finish it! And we were definitely cheering for the Eagles when they won their Superbowl!) My oldest cheers for the Raiders as well, but my youngest chose to be a Colts fan. We bought tickets to see the Colts play the Raiders at Lucas Oil Field this September....of course, that was before we learned of Luck's retirement!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
  • heaz10
    heaz10 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone...looks like September is off to a great start. My name is Heather and I have been in the challenge for several months. I am in my forties, married, and have two teenagers. I have struggled with weight for quite awhile. I work full time, drive to what feels like a million sports activities and sometimes forget to take care of me. I have been working on eating healthier and making sure I have fruits and vegetables prepped and ready. I love to walk and do this several days a week. I tend to be slow and steady with the weight loss, usually a pound a week. I like the goals of interacting more on here. It helps you to feel connected and the support you receive is so encouraging. Hopefully our team will have a great month. Good luck everyone!
  • heaz10
    heaz10 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    9/1:
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes... barely
    Exercise: yes. 30 minute walk
  • energyseeker
    energyseeker Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    9/1
    Tracked calories yes
    Stayed under goal yes
    Exercise 20 minutes
  • swauters
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Hello September.

@erikNJ and @swauters, Raiders fan here. (Although my husband does have a soft spot for the Packers as he saw a game at Lambo Field one December. It was so cold, the beer turned to a slushy before you could finish it! And we were definitely cheering for the Eagles when they won their Superbowl!) My oldest cheers for the Raiders as well, but my youngest chose to be a Colts fan. We bought tickets to see the Colts play the Raiders at Lucas Oil Field this September....of course, that was before we learned of Luck's retirement!!

There is nothing quite like living on a football city. I actually like to watch from home (or a friends home) rather than going to the games. At home it is warm, the food is cheaper, and no lines for dirty bathrooms.
  • swauters
    Options
    Mini challenge
    Tracked-yes
    Under yes, with 18 net carbs
    Exercise yes, walked the dog
This discussion has been closed.