This September I Will....

Options

Replies

• nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Hey, if anyone here is an Instagram reader, check out trainwithjoan with Joan McDonald. Amazing "young" lady of 73 who didn't start working out until a few years ago. What an inspiration! I think Ernestine Shepherd has just moved to second place on my favorite incredible people list.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,998 Member
    Options
    9/17 NYYYYYNN-N
    9/18 NYYYYTNN-Y
    Gotta tighten up! Got swept up in a project!
  • nebslp
    Options
    9/17 NYYYYYNN-N
    9/18 NYYYYTNN-Y
    Today is your day! Gotta love projects though☺️ when you’re so into the present moment that you lose track of time.
  • nebslp
    Options
    Wow! MFP is having issues today. I relied to MadisonMolly’s post, it said I had replied to another group that I belong to, and now it shows the quote here but not my reply! Not their finest hour!!!
    I said @MadisonMolly2017 “today is your day and you gotta love projects that you are so present in that you lose track of time.” We’ll see where this goes!
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,288 Member
    Options
    1. My goal for this month -- This September I will increase my walking miles from 3 miles an hour to 4 miles an hour.
    2. The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal - I will walk 5 days a week w/my DH.
    3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit - Getting up at 4:00 to walk at 5:00 so we can pick up our Grandson and Grandpuppy at 7:00.
    4. How often will you do your new habit (daily is best if possible) 5 days a week...rest days Monday and Friday.
    5. What reward will you immediately give yourself for doing your habit? Jumping around doing a Happy Dance!
    6. What help do you need from us? I like @pennysob's answer...cheers!!
    7. What does success look like to you at the end of September? That I'm getting back to the walking speed I was at before the pinched nerve in my back side-lined me for almost a year. I had spine surgery in June to fix it all. Recovery is slow.

09/01 - Rest Day...Did the Scottish Festival Sat., but wasn't ready for it. Egads! I hurt like crazy!
    09/02 - 3.02 miles in 1 hour. And it begins...
    09/03 - Rest Day...had to have a procedure done at the hospital. Everything worked out okay. :D
    09/04 - 3.00 miles in 1 hour...DH loves the cool, dark mornings...nopey, nope, not my favorite, but we got it done.
    09/05 - 2.78 miles in 59 mins.
    09/06 - Rest Day
    09/07 - 3.01 miles in 75 mins. Walked in a lot of sand today. Slows ya down some.
    09/08 - 3.30 miles in 65 mins. All on flat ground!
    09/09 - Rest Day
    09/10 - 3.00 miles in 60 mins.
    09/11 - 2.89 miles in 60 mins.
    09/12 - 3.00 miles in 60 mins.
    09/13 - Rest Day
    09/14 - 3.53 miles in 70 mins.
    09/15 - Rest Day
    09/16 - 3.18 miles in 60 mins.
    09/17 - 3.10 miles in 61 mins.
    09/18 - Rest Day
    09/19 - 3.13 miles in 59 mins

Chris
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    nebslp wrote: »
    Wow! MFP is having issues today. I relied to MadisonMolly’s post, it said I had replied to another group that I belong to, and now it shows the quote here but not my reply! Not their finest hour!!!
    I said @MadisonMolly2017 “today is your day and you gotta love projects that you are so present in that you lose track of time.” We’ll see where this goes!

Thank you for your support @nebslp

I decided you are right! I discovered an art form that seems to be perfect for me. Think mixed media & fiber arts on a small lap loom. I am even painting ribbon & paper & including it.

Luckily I didn’t Marie Kindo ALL of my yarn & old clothes. I plan to use the clothes (which really aren’t in good enough shape for another) as strips in the tapestry/weaving/collage/assemblage aka I don’t know what to call it but I love the freedom, excitement & ease I am experiencing!

Thanks again!!
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday

9/16 - Mon. Very short yoga desk workout at work. Upper body resistant band work out. Again, very short. I just got the bands and am learning how to use them.
    9/17 - Tues. Lunges and Squats while walking the dog. A stretch routine later during the day.
    9/18 - Wed. Completed part (about 75%) of a workout video.
    9/19 - Thur. Very short band workout. Need to spend more time figuring out what to do. I was tired.

@nebslp I checked out 'train with joan McDonald'. Thanks for the recommendation. It is very inspiring.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    9/17 NYYYYYNN-N
    9/18 NYYYYTNN-Y

9/19 NYNYYYYY-NO insomnia
    9/20 YYYYYYYN-Y

• znaoiec
    Options

9/16 - Mon. Very short yoga desk workout at work. Upper body resistant band work out. Again, very short. I just got the bands and am learning how to use them.
    9/17 - Tues. Lunges and Squats while walking the dog. A stretch routine later during the day.
    9/19 - Thur. Very short band workout. Need to spend more time figuring out what to do. I was tired.
    9/20 - Sat. Short upper body video by Jessica Smith and a bit of a dance video by UptotheBeat.
    I have never really done videos (or much beyond walking) so it is being kind of interesting.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend!!!

• znaoiec
    Options
    9/20 - Fri. Short upper body video by Jessica Smith and a bit of a dance video by UptotheBeat.
    I have never really done videos (or much beyond walking) so it is being kind of interesting.

For today
    9/21 - Sat. Two short videos. Yoga and Tai chi.

• nebslp
    Options
    @znaoiec you’ve had a great week!
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    Such great updates! And welcome to our group, @znaoiec! I’m always happy to see new members post and not wait until the next month. Getting started now, wherever you are, doing whatever small action is sustainable for you is the building block for success. Glad that you’ve joined us!

My focus this month on eating more mindfully is going pretty well. I enjoy my food more by slowing down and eating without distractions like the TV. But sometimes I get looped into old habits, like eating solo with my iPad. Still, I’m catching myself more and putting it aside. So I’m still making progress.

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,288 Member
    Options
    1. My goal for this month -- This September I will increase my walking miles from 3 miles an hour to 4 miles an hour.
    2. The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal - I will walk 5 days a week w/my DH.
    3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit - Getting up at 4:00 to walk at 5:00 so we can pick up our Grandson and Grandpuppy at 7:00.
    4. How often will you do your new habit (daily is best if possible) 5 days a week...rest days Monday and Friday.
    5. What reward will you immediately give yourself for doing your habit? Jumping around doing a Happy Dance!
    6. What help do you need from us? I like @pennysob's answer...cheers!!
    7. What does success look like to you at the end of September? That I'm getting back to the walking speed I was at before the pinched nerve in my back side-lined me for almost a year. I had spine surgery in June to fix it all. Recovery is slow.

09/01 - Rest Day...Did the Scottish Festival Sat., but wasn't ready for it. Egads! I hurt like crazy!
    09/02 - 3.02 miles in 1 hour. And it begins...
    09/03 - Rest Day...had to have a procedure done at the hospital. Everything worked out okay. :D
    09/04 - 3.00 miles in 1 hour...DH loves the cool, dark mornings...nopey, nope, not my favorite, but we got it done.
    09/05 - 2.78 miles in 59 mins.
    09/06 - Rest Day
    09/07 - 3.01 miles in 75 mins. Walked in a lot of sand today. Slows ya down some.
    09/08 - 3.30 miles in 65 mins. All on flat ground!
    09/09 - Rest Day
    09/10 - 3.00 miles in 60 mins.
    09/11 - 2.89 miles in 60 mins.
    09/12 - 3.00 miles in 60 mins.
    09/13 - Rest Day
    09/14 - 3.53 miles in 70 mins.
    09/15 - Rest Day
    09/16 - 3.18 miles in 60 mins.
    09/17 - 3.10 miles in 61 mins.
    09/18 - Rest Day
    09/19 - 3.13 miles in 59 mins
    09/20 - Rest Day
    09/21 - Sick...ugh!
    09/22 - 3.82 miles in 75 mins.

Chris
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,631 Member
    Options
    Good to see some people making great progress! I have not had as good of a time with my goal. But, onwards and upwards, I will do better this week.

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿
    This September, I will exercise for 20 minutes at least three days per week.
    I will be following the BodyBoss Ultimate Fitness guide along with my sister so we can keep each other motivated. This guide provides for five workouts a week, but in the interest of self-care (i.e. not beating myself up and quitting at the first mini-failure) I will be aiming to complete three of those - if I do any extra then that's just a bonus!
    I will set aside time each afternoon after work to complete the workouts. I foresee some issues where I have appointments booked after work, so on these days or days where my baby needs me more, I will complete the workout later in the evening.
    Each day that I complete 20 minutes of exercise, I will place a special sticker into my planner to mark it.
    At the end of the month, I will have completed the pre-training for the BodyBoss fitness plan, and I will reward myself by booking myself in for either a massage or a haircut.
    Week 1 (2-8 Sept): ✅
    2/9 -
    3/9 :) (Body Boss PTW1D1)
    4/9 -
    5/9 :) (Body Boss PTW1D3)
    6/9 -
    7/9 :) (5km walk with pram at parkrun)
    8/9 -

Week 2 (9-15 Sept): :s
    9/9 -
    10/9 -
    11/9 -
    12/9 -
    13/9 -
    14/9 -
    15/9 -

Week 3 (16-22 Sept): :neutral:
    16/9 -
    17/9 -
    18/9 -
    19/9 -
    20/9 -
    21/9 :) (5km walk at parkrun - time: 59:40)
    22/9 :) (20 min dance workout video)

Week 4 (23-29 Sept):
    23/9
    24/9
    25/9
    26/9
    27/9
    28/9
    29/9
  • znaoiec
    Options
    9/20 - Fri. Short upper body video by Jessica Smith and a bit of a dance video by UptotheBeat.

For today
    9/22 - Sun. Two short videos. Jessica Smith Barre workout and Tai chi.

Thank you for the welcome and support. So far it is going better than expected. I am only doing short little bits but I am pleased to be making the effort to add this to my day. I am feeling a bit ADD in my approach but it seems to be what is working right now. I hope everyone had a good weekend!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,829 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Keeping up with Flylady baby steps as planned

9/16 Monday - dusted and dust mopped living room 2 minute hot spot in bedroom and cleaned a bit in Zone 3 - the bathroom
    9/17 Tuesday- routines
    9/18 Wednesday - lots of cooking, but cleaned the microwave and the cart it sits on.
    9/19 Thursday - shopping and routines
    9/20 Friday- today the baby step is about laundry, but my husband does most of the laundry, so all I have to do is fold and put away. I am making that folding and putting away part of my evening routine. Went to see Downton Abbey. 😃
    9/21 Saturday - Cleaned shower caddy and bathroom window and washed bathroom curtains. Also, cleaned the cupboard under the sink.
    9/22 Sunday - just morning and evening routines. Went to an opera.

@TwistedSassette , good for you - another park run!
    @znaoiec , little bits will get the job done. In fact that is the magic of my efforts at house cleaning and decluttering. I don’t do more that 15 minutes at a time.
    @cpanus , you are doing lots of walking! Bravo!
    @MadisonMolly2017 and @nebslp, your efforts at broadening your creativity are so inspiring!
    @themedalist , your mindful eating sounds really great. It is a shame that we make a meal and then don’t pay attention to that wonderful food.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    9/17 NYYYYYNN-N
    9/18 NYYYYTNN-Y

9/19 NYNYYYYY-NO insomnia
    9/20 YYYYYYYN-Y

9/21 YYNYYNYN-N
    9/22 YNNYYYYY-Y

• texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    I read every ones posts! Some really insightful posts! Well done everyone 👆💐.

Welcome @znaoiec! Our declutterfests are so inspiring and such fun to be a part of. Glad that you were drawn to that word 😀. I am delighted that you joined in mid month! And you chose a great "I Will" for September. That was very creative doing Lunges and Squats while walking your dog 😅.

I will use o:) for lights out around 10:30ish P.M (or earlier of course). 11P.M. or later is definitely an❌.

September 1 o:)
    September 2 o:)
    September 3 o:)
    September 4 o:)
    September 5 o:)
    September 6 o:)
    September 7 o:)
    September 8 o:)
    September 9 o:)
    September 10 o:)
    September 11 o:)
    September 12 o:)
    September 13 o:)
    September 14 o:)
    September 15 o:)
    September 16 o:)
    September 17 o:)
    September 18 o:)
    September 19 o:) I'm counting it ok tonight. We had a very loud thunderstorm so I went to sleep later, but no alarm next morning and I actually slept in! We haven't had rain in quite a while, so this was welcome even if very loud and bright ☔⚡ at bed time. The electricity stayed on!
    September 20 ❌ I stayed up late to finish some things that I really needed for early next morning. It was a good thing that I did.
    September 21 o:) It was a fun day/ evening with my daughter and her roomie. We had a lovely day. It was a girls day so we left all the guys at their homes. I decided it was ok to go to sleep a bit later with a planned sleep-in the next morning.
    September 22 o:)

🤠🌺
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,631 Member
    Options
    Made a good start to the week with a step aerobics workout last night that kicked my butt!

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿
    This September, I will exercise for 20 minutes at least three days per week.
    I will be following the BodyBoss Ultimate Fitness guide along with my sister so we can keep each other motivated. This guide provides for five workouts a week, but in the interest of self-care (i.e. not beating myself up and quitting at the first mini-failure) I will be aiming to complete three of those - if I do any extra then that's just a bonus!
    I will set aside time each afternoon after work to complete the workouts. I foresee some issues where I have appointments booked after work, so on these days or days where my baby needs me more, I will complete the workout later in the evening.
    Each day that I complete 20 minutes of exercise, I will place a special sticker into my planner to mark it.
    At the end of the month, I will have completed the pre-training for the BodyBoss fitness plan, and I will reward myself by booking myself in for either a massage or a haircut.

Week 1 (2-8 Sept): ✅
    2/9 -
    3/9 :) (Body Boss PTW1D1)
    4/9 -
    5/9 :) (Body Boss PTW1D3)
    6/9 -
    7/9 :) (5km walk with pram at parkrun)
    8/9 -

Week 2 (9-15 Sept): :s
    9/9 -
    10/9 -
    11/9 -
    12/9 -
    13/9 -
    14/9 -
    15/9 -

Week 3 (16-22 Sept): :neutral:
    16/9 -
    17/9 -
    18/9 -
    19/9 -
    20/9 -
    21/9 :) (5km walk at parkrun - time: 59:40)
    22/9 :) (20 min dance workout video)

Week 4 (23-29 Sept):
    23/9 :) (20 min step aerobic workout video)
    24/9
    25/9
    26/9
    27/9
    28/9
    29/9
  • znaoiec
    Options
    9/22 - Sun. Two short videos. Jessica Smith Barre workout and Tai chi.

9/23 - Mon. Short Tai chi video and short resistance band video. It is amusing that my husband has joined me in doing both videos. I can't remember him ever doing something like this.

It has been interesting to read what everyone is doing for their healthy habit. I read it and think... I want to do that too! I have made a note to myself to visit Flylady. Any help with cleaning and clutter is always on my agenda.