10/18
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes

10/19
    Exercise: no

Water and steps not good again, but still working on it!
  • Calli1616
    Calli1616 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Username: calli1616

Weigh-In
    SW: 197.6
    PW: 194.6
    CW: 192.8
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 8,001 Member
    Options
    October Week #3 Results

Team TBBT had a respectable week, coming in third with a team loss of 0.30% (0.52% for first). Individually, our very own @cmhubbard92 had a very good birthday week, coming in second overall with a loss of 2.70%!! Congratulations, Christine!!

The TOP THREE Big Butts last week were:

@cmhubbard92 - 2.70%
    @Tracie_Lord - 2.45%
    @petrocoetsee - 1.39%
  • Calli1616
    Calli1616 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Great job @cmhubbard92!
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Week 10/21 - 10/28

FOOD CHALLENGE
    Since it is October and most associate it with Halloween, we are going to eat CANDY... haha kidding.😉 We are going with the other aspect of Halloween..well really just color Orange (most associated with pumpkins and jack-o-lantern.) Since candy is sweet we are going to stick to the fruit side and not the veggie side this week.  (See note below on what a pumpkin is... if you want to throw it in we would not count it against you!)

YOU NEED TO EAT AN ORANGE OR GOLD COLORED FRUIT
    AT LEAST THREE (3) OUT OF THE SEVEN (7) DAYS.

THESE MAY INCLUDE:
    ORANGES, MANDARIN ORANGES, TANGERINES, TANGELOS, KUMQUATS, GRAPEFRUITS & POMELOES.
    THE FRUIT MUST BE EATEN IN ITS UNPROCESSED FORM
    (NOT ORANGE YOGURTS, SMOOTHIES, OR BEVERAGES)

NOTE:
    Are pumpkins a fruit or a vegetable? What is the difference between the two?

Answer

A pumpkin, from a botanist‘s perspective, is a fruit because it’s a product of the seed-bearing structure of flowering plants. Vegetables, on the other hand, are the edible portion of plants such as leaves, stems, roots, bullbs, flowers, and tubers.  Because pumpkins are less sweet and more savory from a culinary perspective, we categorize them as a vegetable.

EXERCISE CHALLENGE:
    Since we as a team have had a lot of stress related posts, let's take time to push that stress away.  Find your favorite "get rid of the stress" video (meditation, yoga, stretching or any other "de-stresser" video).  Let's try to work it in our weekly exercise plan once or twice this week.  List a link here and add it to our spreadsheet on the video link page.  If you want to share why you chose it or a review feel free to add that in too!
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    10/20 Sunday
    Mini challenge
    Tracked... yes
    Under... yes
    Exercise:  yes

Other challenges:
    Steps: n/a
    Water:  50 oz.
  • heaz10
    heaz10 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    10/14:
    Exercise: yes 30 min walk
    Steps: 10,121

10/15:
    Exercise: yes 40 min treadmill
    Steps: 10,051

10/16:
    Exercise: yes 35 min walk
    Steps: 10,154

10/17:
    Exercise: yes 50 min walk
    Steps: 10,342

10/18:
    Exercise: yes 45 min treadmill
    Steps: 10,719

10/19:
    Under: barely
    Exercise: yes 30 min walk
    Steps: 10,576

10/20:
    Exercise: yes, golf and walk
    Steps: 14,512

• heaz10
    heaz10 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    @HASWLRS you will be missed. Thank you for all of your encouragement and kind words.

@cmhubbard92 happy birthday!
  • petrocoetsee
    petrocoetsee Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    10/20 Sunday
    Mini challenge
    Tracked...yes
    Under... Yes
    Exercise: Yes. ±8km hike

Other challenges:
    Steps:15678

Water: oz.93
  • petrocoetsee
    petrocoetsee Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    username: petrocoetsee
    Weigh in:
    SW: 205.50
    CW: 201.3
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,035 Member
    Options
    pkg1998 wrote: »
    Started my road trip yesterday on my way to Missouri to visit my parents and made a pit stop in Mississippi to visit my youngest at college. Road trips are always hard when it comes to exercise and eating. I use it as an excuse to not work on my goals. Doing it different this time - drank water (although not as much as I should have) on the drive yesterday and exercised in the fitness center at the hotel this morning before heading out on the final leg of my journey. Packed clothes for exercise while in Missouri, but will be staying with my parents so I will have little input on what we eat. Going to focus on portion control and trying to stay away from the sweets. Wish me luck!
    @pkg1998 Great job planning in advance for your trip! I hope you can reach your goals while on vacation!!! Enjoy your time with your parents!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    Mini Challenge
    Friday 10.18.19
    Exercise: no
    Once again this week I have not qualified for the mini challenge but have done my very best to track.

@brandi_84 at least you are remaining focused, even if you are not reaching all of your goals! Great job remaining dedicated!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Ugh 😩 I woke with a terrible man cold today.
    I’ve been thinking about: do I cave to my craving and eat poutine for brunch?

Whenever I get sick I want to eat high calorie, high carb, salty foods. Particularly poutine and a burger.

The voice in my head tells me to “go ahead, eat. Comfort your feelings with cheesy salty warm food. It will make you feel better”. I guess I could eat half a portion of each and just know I’ll go over my calories today. Or I can ride out the cravings. Internal ping pong.

@stubbornloser I hope you are feeling ok! Hopefully you were able to rest up and take care of yourself! Feel better!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Calli1616 wrote: »
    Username: calli1616

Weigh-In
    SW: 197.6
    PW: 194.6
    CW: 192.8

@Calli1616 great loss!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    October Week #3 Results

Team TBBT had a respectable week, coming in third with a team loss of 0.30% (0.52% for first). Individually, our very own @cmhubbard92 had a very good birthday week, coming in second overall with a loss of 2.70%!! Congratulations, Christine!!

The TOP THREE Big Butts last week were:

@cmhubbard92 - 2.70%
    @Tracie_Lord - 2.45%
    @petrocoetsee - 1.39%
    Calli1616 wrote: »
    Fantastic! Great job @cmhubbard92!

@HASWLRS @Calli1616 thank you both!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    sandkp wrote: »
    Week 10/21 - 10/28

FOOD CHALLENGE
    Since it is October and most associate it with Halloween, we are going to eat CANDY... haha kidding.😉 We are going with the other aspect of Halloween..well really just color Orange (most associated with pumpkins and jack-o-lantern.) Since candy is sweet we are going to stick to the fruit side and not the veggie side this week.  (See note below on what a pumpkin is... if you want to throw it in we would not count it against you!)

YOU NEED TO EAT AN ORANGE OR GOLD COLORED FRUIT
    AT LEAST THREE (3) OUT OF THE SEVEN (7) DAYS.

THESE MAY INCLUDE:
    ORANGES, MANDARIN ORANGES, TANGERINES, TANGELOS, KUMQUATS, GRAPEFRUITS & POMELOES.
    THE FRUIT MUST BE EATEN IN ITS UNPROCESSED FORM
    (NOT ORANGE YOGURTS, SMOOTHIES, OR BEVERAGES)

NOTE:
    Are pumpkins a fruit or a vegetable? What is the difference between the two?

Answer

A pumpkin, from a botanist‘s perspective, is a fruit because it’s a product of the seed-bearing structure of flowering plants. Vegetables, on the other hand, are the edible portion of plants such as leaves, stems, roots, bullbs, flowers, and tubers.  Because pumpkins are less sweet and more savory from a culinary perspective, we categorize them as a vegetable.

EXERCISE CHALLENGE:
    Since we as a team have had a lot of stress related posts, let's take time to push that stress away.  Find your favorite "get rid of the stress" video (meditation, yoga, stretching or any other "de-stresser" video).  Let's try to work it in our weekly exercise plan once or twice this week.  List a link here and add it to our spreadsheet on the video link page.  If you want to share why you chose it or a review feel free to add that in too!

@sandkp I like the food challenge this week! I have been eating clementines this week as strawberries are pretty much out of season and too expensive now(really sad now). I will at least be able to complete this challenge this week. Hopefully will remember to do the destress video, too! Thank you for your effort to post!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    heaz10 wrote: »
    @HASWLRS you will be missed. Thank you for all of your encouragement and kind words.

@cmhubbard92 happy birthday!

@heaz10 thank you!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    My last post this morning, I promise!

10/19/19

10/20/19

Spent a good portion of this weekend cleaning and organizing parts of the house and garage. Even though we didn't do too much this weekend, it was a nice break from work!
This discussion has been closed.