TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (October)

Options

Replies

• Coral333
    Coral333 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    @HASWLRS I’ve just caught up on your leaving post having got back from our trip. I’m so sorry to see you go and will miss you!
    Wishing you all the best and hope that you’ll be feeling on the right track within yourself soon. X
  • Coral333
    Options
    I finished my 10k! I ran it all and got a decent time. It was beautiful and I'm so proud to have come this far. Need to find another one to sign up for!

That’s fantastic! Go you and loving the enthusiasm for signing up to the next 🥳

• Coral333
    Options
    pkg1998 wrote: »
    Started my road trip yesterday on my way to Missouri to visit my parents and made a pit stop in Mississippi to visit my youngest at college. Road trips are always hard when it comes to exercise and eating. I use it as an excuse to not work on my goals. Doing it different this time - drank water (although not as much as I should have) on the drive yesterday and exercised in the fitness center at the hotel this morning before heading out on the final leg of my journey. Packed clothes for exercise while in Missouri, but will be staying with my parents so I will have little input on what we eat. Going to focus on portion control and trying to stay away from the sweets. Wish me luck!

Hope you have a brilliant time! How lovely to be able to make a pit stop in to see your youngest as well.

I’m impressed (and a bit jealous 😂) with the self control you’ve got going on - I was at the opposite of the scale on this and took a bag of sweets in the car to snack on for “road trip snacks” on our way home from our break. Somehow mindless snacking on chocolate seems even better in a car!! Working hard now to make sure it doesn’t have an overall impact for Friday.

• brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    Mini Challenge 10.20.19
    Tracked: yes
    Under: no
    Exercise: no
    Lazy Sunday watching Halloween movies with my family. Now it is Monday and I need to get my butt in gear.

• petrocoetsee
    petrocoetsee Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    October Week #3 Results

Team TBBT had a respectable week, coming in third with a team loss of 0.30% (0.52% for first). Individually, our very own @cmhubbard92 had a very good birthday week, coming in second overall with a loss of 2.70%!! Congratulations, Christine!!

The TOP THREE Big Butts last week were:

@cmhubbard92 - 2.70%
    @Tracie_Lord - 2.45%
    @petrocoetsee - 1.39%

Yeahhh!!! Good to know that our butts are slightly smaller than the previous week <3B)
  • annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all the LOSERS last week! :wink:

Mini Challenge 10/20/19
    yes/yes/yes

and on target for today, too - heading out for exercise now!
  • brandi_84
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    October Week #3 Results

Team TBBT had a respectable week, coming in third with a team loss of 0.30% (0.52% for first). Individually, our very own @cmhubbard92 had a very good birthday week, coming in second overall with a loss of 2.70%!! Congratulations, Christine!!

The TOP THREE Big Butts last week were:

@cmhubbard92 - 2.70%
    @Tracie_Lord - 2.45%
    @petrocoetsee - 1.39%

Awesome job!
  • heaz10
    heaz10 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    @lozenger1984 great job on completing your 10k...huge accomplishment!

@pkg1998 good for you for drinking water in the car...one place I just can't do it. Enjoy your time with your parents.
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,035 Member
    Options
    I finished my 10k! I ran it all and got a decent time. It was beautiful and I'm so proud to have come this far. Need to find another one to sign up for!

@lozenger1984 congratulations on completing the 10k!!! That's awesome!
  • brandi_84
    Options
    sandkp wrote: »
    Week 10/21 - 10/28

FOOD CHALLENGE
    Since it is October and most associate it with Halloween, we are going to eat CANDY... haha kidding.😉 We are going with the other aspect of Halloween..well really just color Orange (most associated with pumpkins and jack-o-lantern.) Since candy is sweet we are going to stick to the fruit side and not the veggie side this week.  (See note below on what a pumpkin is... if you want to throw it in we would not count it against you!)

YOU NEED TO EAT AN ORANGE OR GOLD COLORED FRUIT
    AT LEAST THREE (3) OUT OF THE SEVEN (7) DAYS.

THESE MAY INCLUDE:
    ORANGES, MANDARIN ORANGES, TANGERINES, TANGELOS, KUMQUATS, GRAPEFRUITS & POMELOES.
    THE FRUIT MUST BE EATEN IN ITS UNPROCESSED FORM
    (NOT ORANGE YOGURTS, SMOOTHIES, OR BEVERAGES)

NOTE:
    Are pumpkins a fruit or a vegetable? What is the difference between the two?

Answer

A pumpkin, from a botanist‘s perspective, is a fruit because it’s a product of the seed-bearing structure of flowering plants. Vegetables, on the other hand, are the edible portion of plants such as leaves, stems, roots, bullbs, flowers, and tubers.  Because pumpkins are less sweet and more savory from a culinary perspective, we categorize them as a vegetable.

EXERCISE CHALLENGE:
    Since we as a team have had a lot of stress related posts, let's take time to push that stress away.  Find your favorite "get rid of the stress" video (meditation, yoga, stretching or any other "de-stresser" video).  Let's try to work it in our weekly exercise plan once or twice this week.  List a link here and add it to our spreadsheet on the video link page.  If you want to share why you chose it or a review feel free to add that in too!

The exercise portion I will definitely get done this week. I already have my groceries for the week though and don't think I'll be able to make it back to the store to get the fruit. But it is a really good food challenge.
  • brandi_84
    Options
    username: petrocoetsee
    Weigh in:
    SW: 205.50
    CW: 201.3

@petrocoetsee Fantastic loss! I am always impressed with your mini challenge log.
  • petrocoetsee
    Options
    @brandi_84 Thanks. I am really trying (and struggling)
  • petrocoetsee
    Options
    10/21 Monday
    Mini challenge
    Tracked...yes
    Under... Yes
    Exercise: No. Rest day

Other challenges:
    Steps:3101

Water: oz.85
  • petrocoetsee
    Options
    @sandkp how about a food challenge with fruit/veggies for the Southern hemisphere? We are moving towards summer with summer fruits in abundance. Oranges and other winter fruits are no longer available here (at least, affordable winter fruits)
  • annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Mini challenge 10/21/19

yes/yes/yes
  • pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Hey guys - looks like we’re missing a lot of weigh-ins for this week already. Let’s try to get caught up before the end of the week if we can. We have a couple more weeks in October and TBBT needs to finish strong.

Sunday:

@energyseeker @LMK02020

Monday:

@heaz10 @lozenger1984 @MelsLeanDream

Thanks - Pam
  • pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I’ve been busy at my parents, but I’m reading your posts and loving the activity in the mini challenges.

@sandkp Would it be possible to have the information about the food challenge posted on maybe Friday/early Saturday? I know that I usually go shopping on the weekend and maybe that’s true for other members too. It would make it a little easier when planning the menu for the week, but I’m not sure how that fits into your schedule.
  • cossmoss15
    cossmoss15 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Thursday weigh-in (this is really late)

Last week 126.4
    CW 128.0 (Oct 17)

@HASWLRS Thank you for all the work you have done to support our group. All the best to you as you move forward.

@cmhubbard92 Belated Happy Birthday. You did an amazing job of enjoying yourself but not using your birthday as an excuse to ignore your current journey.

I am trying to focus on eating healthy and way more vegetables. Trying new recipes is time consuming. Last night my dinner included, squash, apples, broccoli, leeks, and lemon. Good we have leftovers so not as much prep today.
  • lozenger1984
    lozenger1984 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Not sure the scales are correct as flashing the mo battery sign but they've come upp as 154.9 this morning! (last weigh in 157.5). I'll take it and hoping it reads the same when I get home!
  • heaz10
    heaz10 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh in:
    PW: 207
    CW: 205.7
This discussion has been closed.