edited October 2019
    Options
    Height: 5'3" (26yo)
    Starting weight: 68kg
    Ultimate goal weight: Around 57-60kg

Oct SW: 66.1kg (29th September)
    Oct GW: 65kg, or less, but not below 64kg

The plan
    1. Track all good and exercise (aim to stay under 2100 net calories on average)
    2. Lift weights 3-4x per week
    3. Some kind of cardio at least 5x per week

1/10: -
    2/10: 65kg
    3/10: 64.2
    4/10: 65.1
    5/10: 65.4
    6/10: 65.3

7/10: 66.1
    8/10: 65.4
    11/10: 66.5kg
    13/10: 65.8kg

14/10: 65.6kg
    15/10: 65.1
    16/10: 64.7
    17/10: 65.1

I'm so tired (from work plus early mornings) right now, but I do feel great about my weight loss plan this week.

@ku140 congratulations on your milestone!
  • StayFocused01023
    StayFocused01023 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'4"
    36 yo
    HW: 170s
    SW Oct: 144.2 Moving Average
    Ultimate goal: Around 127lbs
    Oct goal: 142.0-142.5lbs Moving Average

My goals for October:
    Goal 1: Go out Dancing (I LOVE dancing and haven't been out in months!)
    Goal 2: Try some more advanced classes to up my exercise routine
    Goal 3: I have a work conference 10/9-10/14 and I will be flying/staying out of town in a hotel for 5 nights - my goal is to have meals planned that don't require cooking and I can pick up at the grocery store while there ACCOMPLISHED!!

I weigh daily and use moving average
    10/02: 144.2
    10/07: 144.6
    *10/16: 143.7
    10/23:Bday!
    10/30:

I need to restart my focus on the ab routine I was doing every other day... it's been about 10 days so I'm making a mini goal to restart that on Monday. Crashing a bit from an intense 6 days out of town and went straight back to work. I watch my nephew at my sister's house every Wednesday and they always have sweet cereal around... definitely had my hands in those boxes a few times tonight... but I tracked it all :tongue:
    I feel great about how my eating plans and tracking went while I was traveling!! I think the combination of setting myself up + limited options made it work out really well
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    l4a_p wrote: »
    Height: 176cm (5'9")
    Weight: 66kg (145,51lbs)
    BMI: 21,3

Goals:
    1) Again maintain this weight for another month. I don't feel comfortable yet to start trying to lose more weight
    2) Be more consistent with the workouts (especially core)
    3) Be more consistent with kcal budget: right now I do a lot of days heavily over and then compensate the next day(s) - I want this to be more level headed
    4) Continue running on HR and hope to see improvement...

1 October: 65,9kg
    8 October: 66,4kg (146,39)
    14 October: 65,8kg (145,06)

17 October: 66,1kg (145,73lbs)

UGH Doing an uncustomary mid-week post just to complain a bit... I've had 3 brilliant days with clean eating in budget AND lots of exercise. Scale didn't budge and remained at 65,9. Then yesterday evening I went a little bit over calories and this morning I was treated to 66,1kg. Now, I know it's not much more but I'm flabbergasted how it can be going up instead of down! It's my first week of cutting and so far the result is worse than when I was maintaining!
    The only difference is that I've added more fiber to my diet. I was only eating average 14grams instead of the recommended 25grams and I wanted to rectify that and see if it would be beneficial. So far the results are stacking against fiber, oddly enough. WHY IS THE BODY SO WEIRD?!

It’s just a fluctuation, tomorrow or Saturday you will see that your efforts paid off.
    Keep on trucking lady!!!

• jacau
    jacau Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    l4a_p wrote: »
    It's my first week of cutting and so far the result is worse than when I was maintaining!
    The only difference is that I've added more fiber to my diet. I was only eating average 14grams instead of the recommended 25grams and I wanted to rectify that and see if it would be beneficial. So far the results are stacking against fiber, oddly enough. WHY IS THE BODY SO WEIRD?!

Give it a few days. If I remember correctly it's some gut flora that needs to adjust so it can put up more efficiently as well with the increased fiber content. An example, gut flora is also where people get some gassy issues when changing to lentils, beans and co at first if they usually don't include legumes in their diet. After some time this should get better. For now it might be a combination of increased water retention and somewhat inefficient digestion that's holding you back. Unfortunately these little buggers do play a role in the whole journey.

Here's a snippet from something you can find online about this:
    "If you suddenly start eating a lot of high-fiber foods, such as whole grains, fruits and veggies, you may get a little constipated from the large increase in fiber. Constipation is most likely if you don't drink plenty of water along with these fiber-filled foods. Gradually increase the amount of liquid you consume as you add more fiber to your diet to help limit the risk for constipation and other potential side effects, such as bloating and gas. Once your system is used to dealing with the extra fiber, these symptoms should go away."
  • YoureAWalnut
    YoureAWalnut Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    28, 5'10
    GW: 150
    SW: 195
    Goal#1: Log consistently and accurately! Even on the weekends when I typically overeat and don't track.
    Goal#2: Do 20 min of cardio at least daily, take 2-3 long dog walks a week.
    8/17/19- 188.1.
    I was able to run or stairmaster for 30 min everyday this week and stay +/-100 calories of my daily budget too. Realized a couple things I eat regularly have wayyy more calories than I expected, most notably, Costco Pesto sauce. I love that stuff and put it on everything from pasta to sandwiches and realized one serving is 330 calories! That's almost an entire meal's worth of calories!!
    Main hurdle coming up is to make sure I continue to log everything accurately this weekend. We are going to trick or treat charity run and there will be candy everywhere. I don't want to let little treats here and there undo all the hard work i've done during the week.
  • cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Antiopelle wrote: »
    OSW: 78
    SW: 70.8
    GW: 70
    Goal #1: maintain between 68 and 70.
    Goal #2: restart the pushup challenge, this time with real pushups
    Goal #3: keep on logging everything

So, I'm back from my superlong holiday, which kept me away from the scales (which was scary in itself), but I weigh exactly the same as when I left. Lots of parties and diners, but also a lot of diving, so that was a good exercise in maintaining already :smiley:

I've not been able to bike to work this week as the weather is horrible.
    I didn't restart the pushup challenge - no excuse
    I did log everything, but then again I ate like a vacuumcleaner, with no mindfulness whatsoever.

So I need to get a grip, I've been there before and this is exactly the point were I normally would slide again. But not this time ! I need to figure out some cardio during the winter months which seem to have started early this year. The logical thing to do is to go the gym, but I don't like it as I'm a real outdoors person. I'll give it a thought though and take a decision before next week. My resting HR is through the roof so something needs to be done.

No exercise + eating without limits = current weight of 71.4

1. No bike to work last week, and very long days staying in meetings without movement.
    2. Still didn't restart the push-up challenge
    3. I kept logging everything.

Ok, so Im still sliding on wrong side of things. Today is my birthday and my goal was to weigh 70 and I didn't make it. No biggie, I still can do it, but I'll need to change things. It's been two weeks now and I need to find a way to include more exercise. Wednesday evening I will check out a gym close to home to see what they can offer me for the winter months.

Current weight: 71.5

Just a quick post to say I’ve managed to see 70 today, which is my ultimate goal weight. Thank you to you all to keep me accountable and for all your support. I’ll stay here just to keep it on track this time.
    Now up to maintenance!

Congratulations!!!!!!! It's not even the end of the month and you've killed it!!
  • cayenne_007
    Options
    5'8" 42yo
    SW: 145.6
    Oct GW: 140
    GW: 133

August SW 145.8 EW 145.6
    Sept SW 145.6 EW 145.6

I'm going to add in one thing to force myself to measure at the end of the month......
    Bust: 38 - Aug (-1")
    Band: 33 - Aug (-1")
    Waist: 28.5 - Aug (-.5")
    Hips 38.5- No change in Aug

No change in measurements in Sept - At least I was consistent with weight/measurements! LOL!

Goal #1: Workout 5 days a week - Yoga Burn/Bike/Walk - stay consistent with Push Up Challenge
    Goal #2: Build Upper Body Strength - 90 Second Planks - Forearm & Extended Do 25 real push ups in a rep
    Goal #3: Drop .5" off waist
    Goal #4: Stay under on intake min of 5 days a week
    Goal #5: Do some decent crockpot meals

10/1 - 145.6 - exhausted. Just going to watch intake today and try to crash early. Went over about 300. Just felt crummy.
    10/2 - 146.8 - Funny how 8 hours of sleep can change your prospective. Yoga Burn Week 11 at lunch and Push Up Challenge - 14,16,12,12,20 - FINALLY did a rep of 20!!! Worked out at the barn for a couple of hours and rode one colt. Stayed just within on cals.
    10/3 - 147.6 - I'm just gonna ignore this and carry on. Yoga Burn Week 12 at lunch. Did decent on food.
    10/4 - 147.0 -
    10/7 - I feel like CRUD! As in run over by a truck... been fighting sore throat/swollen lymph nodes since Sat. I'm just trying to take it easy today and let my body recuperate. Ugh! Giving myself a pass on yoga and pushup challenge for a couple of days...I can't get sick, I don't have time for this... I'm really done whining now.
    10/14 - 146.0 ... my 'couple of days' turned into a week. I just couldn't find my groove last week & getting an IUD knocked me down pretty hard. Busy weekend with lots of time outdoors. I've eaten horribly the last week - bit surprised the scale wasn't higher this morning. Happy Monday! Push Up Challenge restarted week 4 for about the 3rd time 16,14,12,12,18 - shook like a leaf on the last rep. Got in a decent quick walk at lunch.. it's a start. Wound up under about 400 cals.
    10/15 - 145.6 - Yoga Burn week 8 & 30 min walk at lunch. Managed to eat healthy & stay under 300 cals.
    10/16 - 145.0 - Yoga Burn week 10, push up challenge 14,16,12,12,18 and 20 min walk for lunch. Took my colt to a practice session an hour from home. Ate too late last night but stayed under by 200 cal.
    10/17 - 146.4 - pretty sure it's from eating mozzarella sticks at 9:00 last night, but they were worth it.
  • CocoLoris
    CocoLoris Posts: 115 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    30, 5'6"

SW: 69,3kg
    GW: 63kg

Goal #1: Try to only lose 250g - 500g per week * aka : adjust cals over 7 days to match if possible
    Goal #2: Start StrongLift - DONE

Oct 04 : 69,3kg
    Oct 11 : 68,8 kg (-500gr) - 1 week @1500cals + w/o and being active
    Oct 18 : 67,8 kg (-1,0kg) - week @1650 cals + w/o and being active
    Oct 25

Ooook,... gotta up the calories a bit more :-) I find that the more I increase cals, the hungrier I get. But a quick change in how I proportion my meals & macros and snacks + drinking a lot helps things.

I have started weighing everyday and I’m pretty unbothered by the number, however I still get the automatic thought of « I need to push things along faster » everytime I go from 1 decade to the next. But luckily I challenge these thoughts suuuuuper quickly and everything goes back to normal.

I am noticing some NSVs as well which I am truly happy about:
    1. I see that my shoulders are leaning out
    2. have less fat on my stomach
    3. my walks are even easier than before
    4. I’ve got plenty of energy and I sleep well and wake up early without an alarm (! That has never happened before)
    5. I appreciate my meals for the taste and not for the balance in macros (regarding my overall calorie goal of the day)

Happy continuation 🤘
  • Cora0477
    Cora0477 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Height: 5’4”
    Goal: 120

Sep 27: 130.0
    Oct 04: 128.4
    Oct 11: 128.8
    Oct 18: 127.0
    Oct 25:
    Oct Goal: 126

I ate mostly at maintenance this week and had to guesstimate a lot due to travel and guests. I did get lots of exercise and activity in though. We hiked trails with lots of steep stairs to see waterfalls. Took the kids to an 11 acre corn maze, and since none of them wanted to use the map, we spent hours walking it over and over trying to find all the stations. It was fun but exhausting.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    @booksnbrains Share your food diary. Maybe we can come up with ideas in your diet.
    @Go_Deskercise Sounds great on your house stuff!! Have a good weekend and keep it up!
  • cayenne_007
    Options
    5'8" 42yo
    SW: 145.6
    Oct GW: 140
    GW: 133

August SW 145.8 EW 145.6
    Sept SW 145.6 EW 145.6

I'm going to add in one thing to force myself to measure at the end of the month......
    Bust: 38 - Aug (-1")
    Band: 33 - Aug (-1")
    Waist: 28.5 - Aug (-.5")
    Hips 38.5- No change in Aug

No change in measurements in Sept - At least I was consistent with weight/measurements! LOL!

Goal #1: Workout 5 days a week - Yoga Burn/Bike/Walk - stay consistent with Push Up Challenge
    Goal #2: Build Upper Body Strength - 90 Second Planks - Forearm & Extended Do 25 real push ups in a rep
    Goal #3: Drop .5" off waist
    Goal #4: Stay under on intake min of 5 days a week
    Goal #5: Do some decent crockpot meals

10/1 - 145.6 - exhausted. Just going to watch intake today and try to crash early. Went over about 300. Just felt crummy.
    10/2 - 146.8 - Funny how 8 hours of sleep can change your prospective. Yoga Burn Week 11 at lunch and Push Up Challenge - 14,16,12,12,20 - FINALLY did a rep of 20!!! Worked out at the barn for a couple of hours and rode one colt. Stayed just within on cals.
    10/3 - 147.6 - I'm just gonna ignore this and carry on. Yoga Burn Week 12 at lunch. Did decent on food.
    10/4 - 147.0 -
    10/7 - I feel like CRUD! As in run over by a truck... been fighting sore throat/swollen lymph nodes since Sat. I'm just trying to take it easy today and let my body recuperate. Ugh! Giving myself a pass on yoga and pushup challenge for a couple of days...I can't get sick, I don't have time for this... I'm really done whining now.
    10/14 - 146.0 ... my 'couple of days' turned into a week. I just couldn't find my groove last week & getting an IUD knocked me down pretty hard. Busy weekend with lots of time outdoors. I've eaten horribly the last week - bit surprised the scale wasn't higher this morning. Happy Monday! Push Up Challenge restarted week 4 for about the 3rd time 16,14,12,12,18 - shook like a leaf on the last rep. Got in a decent quick walk at lunch.. it's a start. Wound up under about 400 cals.
    10/15 - 145.6 - Yoga Burn week 8 & 30 min walk at lunch. Managed to eat healthy & stay under 300 cals.
    10/16 - 145.0 - Yoga Burn week 10, push up challenge 14,16,12,12,18 and 20 min walk for lunch. Took my colt to a practice session an hour from home. Ate too late last night but stayed under by 200 cal.
    10/17 - 146.4 - pretty sure it's from eating mozzarella sticks at 9:00 last night, but they were worth it. Stayed under on intake....didn't eat as well as I usually do - company meetings so no workout time at lunch either. Rode for 3 hours at practice - doesn't burn much, but the fresh air does a body good.
    10/18 - 147.0 last day of meetings... ugh!