MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES OCTOBER CHAT

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    Tuesday check-in (oh, you step challenge you - you'll get me checking in, too!! =>)
    Steps: 11,636 (over)
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 3 mini walks versus the whole three miles today - Nike up!!

@renaegry I have had goals on the brain, too. I used to try to just get 5000 steps a day and moved to a goal of 8000 when I felt I should be giving more effort (July-ish?). But the goal was in name only - it was there and if I didn't make it, well, I just didn't. But I was steadily getting more and more because I began taking exercise more seriously (August-ish?) but I still wasn't too strict on the trying to attain the goal. I had the goal - I just wasn't actively pursuing the goal (begging the question...). Not quite 2 weeks ago, I joined a program where the goal is 10,000 and I was kinda grumpy about it but I did try harder and then, for whatever reason, a week and a half ago - I began to actually work on the goal, more than just having it. Like any relationship, I'll get out what I put in, I guess.

Oddly enough - today was the most difficult day to attain the goal since we started going steady, me and goal of 10,000 steps a day. 5 hours of sleep, full work day, hot as all get out during the mini walks, grandbaby after work, hungry and tired when I got home in the dark. But I so wanted to see the goal, I so wanted to achieve what I set out to do today and especially on day one of my Slimpossibles step challenge! So I asked hubby to please do one of our 'hood revolutions which is a tad over a mile and I made the goal today, on day one of the challenge, when it would have been very easy to not do that. I don't think I'd have made the effort if I wasn't actively working on the goal and it being day one of the challenge - but I'm celebrating doing it, regardless.

I am struggling now with hyper-vigilance on food and exercise but I'm not struggling in the other direction - for today. If I'm going to struggle, I'd rather have this opportunity to learn to be a new me and maybe I just need to be hyper-vigilant for a while.

Here I am passing through your team thread just seeing how everyone is doing, and I really enjoyed this post. I love the idea of a relationship with your goals, and how it is easy to take them for granted, or just kind of play hard to get, and then you are going steady. Thanks for that! It makes a goal more human :o and somehow deserving of the kind of respect and understanding that we hopefully give to others. And WTG on not standing up your step goal on your hot October 1st date B)
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Busy and stressed but:

Oct 1 steps 8100

Cals under

Ex with trainer today. Deadlifts and reverse lunge with barbell.

Tomorrow stair climbing.

Big success today was being super streased and not getting chocolate cake.
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    its_cleo wrote: »
    Busy and stressed but:

Oct 1 steps 8100

Cals under

Ex with trainer today. Deadlifts and reverse lunge with barbell.

Tomorrow stair climbing.

Big success today was being super streased and not getting chocolate cake.

That is a huge non scale victory!
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Tuesday check in

Calories: under
    Exercise: morning elliptical workout
    Water: almost at 100oz. So much better than yesterday.

Goals for Tuesday:
    1. Workout in the morning✅
    2. Drink 100oz of water- almost there!!
    3. log my meals!✅

Goals for Wednesday:
    1. Workout in the morning
    2. Log my meals
    3. Keep drinking more water
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »

Almost made 40lbs for the year, stinking .2lbs away from 40 for year and 95 since largest. Hope you all are doing well!

That .2lbs is only a 1/475th of what you've lost so far. If you cut your hair and clipped your toenails you'd be there. Congrats on the 39.8lbs. That's an awesome accomplishment

@renaegry why not set more than one goal? I have a regular day step goal which is attainable but takes some effort and on days when I do cardio I aim for 8k over goal

@TeresaW 1020 I'm in for the step challenge. My goal is 15k. I'll post my steps in the morning
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Tuesday Check-In
    Calories: under, healthy choices/on plan
    Water: over
    Exercise: platform stepping (147 min)

Step Challenge: Met Goal (23,007)(was aiming for 7500)

Wednesday Plans/Goals/Improvements
    Calories: on target, all healthy choices/on plan
    Water: on plan or over
    Exercise: martial arts practice, platform stepping
    Steps (Challenge Goal): 7500
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Under on Calories
    Steps for 10/1 - 17046
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,791 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Tuesday October 1

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    water over
    Steps 15041
    Exercise: walking and weights
    Tracked everything today
  • hinemoa2088
    hinemoa2088 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Steps for 10/01: 12,867
  • Wishusdonna
    Wishusdonna Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I'm still on week 6 post-recovery, and I did say I would wait until week 8, but want to ease myself back to routine gently. So, I'm not too bothered about hitting a 10K step target, so long as I am moving, and I'm looking at healthy eating again now. Should be easier, as I'm doing so well with not really drinking (2 glasses after a show on 21st, and I won a glass on Thursday in a pub quiz, 1st prize, natch). Also, I'm back at work, but they've messed up my pay (which would be reduced anyway), so forget treats, I can't afford them!

My weight has stayed the same - still 154lbs since post-surgery. I've only got a stone to go, I guess?

October so far has been: exercise 7,778 steps, water not enough (and that's important), and calories: on target!
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Wednesday 10/2 checkin
    Username: mrmcgrath
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 202.4
    Todays Weight:

Yesterday
    Calories: over/under? Under
    Water: over/under?Right at
    Macro/micros : within range
    Steps : 7561
    Exercise: walking and leg stretches

Goals or Improvements for today:
    Meet step goal
    Lots of water
    Stop getting frustrated
    Gym for arm strength

I have really stepped up my exercise this week, food has been on target minus some extra sweets (all within calorie goal, and water has been relatively on point and yet the number on my scale has increased. I have read where it is normal when you start exercising to put on a little at first and then it starts to correct itself. I sure hope this is what it is because at this moment, this week’s weigh in doesn’t look good.
  • fleetwood1
    fleetwood1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Username: Fleetwood1
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Weight: 257.4
    Today's Weight: 254.4

My goal this month is to get below 250. I have been inconsistent the last couple of months but look forward to October. Fall is beautiful in MN where I live. I made apple crisp this last week and made sure I watched my portion. However, more enjoyable is hiking in the state parks and trails.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    2-Oct Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 1
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Weight:203.8
    Todays Weight: 204.2

Well, my weight was down on Monday but then I decided to begin a whole new workout routine and every muscle in my body is sore. Next week!! :)

Steps for 10/1: 8549

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @fleetwood1, you are right that if you stay consistent you will reach your goal. Yes, your area of the world is incredibly beautiful, and hiking is a great way to get in shape and get to where you want to be. Apple crisp is so yummy! Good job on watching your portions.

@mrmcgrath, yes, it is totally normal to gain when you start a new exercise routine or up your current routine. So, if your weight is up like mine was, don't get upset. The water will come out of your muscles and you will start losing again. This is why it's so important to also take our measurements. Don't just rely on the number on the scale because it's not always indicative of all the hard work you are doing. :)

@Wishusdonna, you just keep healing and you will get to where you want to be. Maybe it's a good thing you can't afford those extra treats right now. ;)

@digger61, great steps!! I'm adding you to our step challenge. Let me know if you didn't want that but with your awesome numbers, you should be in on the challenge. You could win!! B)

@Austin Ruadhain, 23,007 steps!!! Girl, did you ever sit down! D

@Jactop, I will put you down for a goal step of 15K.
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Oct 2
    Username:Renaegry
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Weight:156.8
    Todays Weight: 157

Steps for Oct 1 - 11,873

Oct 1 checkin

Calories: in par
    Water: over
    Exercise: got in a walk and did a Fitbod workout
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

LAST 90 DAYS

The moderators have put together an extended challenge for the last 90 days of the year. Being the last 90 can be difficult, with EVERYTHING that is going on - these 5 steps are designed to keep you centered during the chaos.

Check out the new EP Moderators' Challenge. Five little things you do EVERY DAY for the last 90 days of the year. You can adapt the list for yourself, but they should be five attainable things that if you do them every day for the rest of the year, you will hit the New Year as a new you already.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10766872/5-for-90-the-last-90-days-of-2019#latest
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Check-In
    Steps 17,167
    Calories: under I think (homemade is hard to track)
    Carbs: over
    Water: under
    Exercise: bike 30 min, walk 30 min

Wednesday Goals
    -get in a morning workout
    -stick to my calorie budget.

I'm back to work at the chocolate store for the first time since Feb. If I try to abstain and have one piece I know I'll throw in the towel so I'm logging my food for the entire day and allowing myself what will fit in my budget. I'm also packing some healthy snacks which should help. Fingers crossed
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    THE MODS CHALLENGE HAS BEEN POSTED BY @Beka3695
    COME ON TEAM MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES LET'S GET BEHIND THIS ONE
    HERE IS THE LINK ADD THIS TO YOUR DAILY CHECK IN

5 FOR 90 - The last 90 days of 2019
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10766872/under-construction#latest

Peeps! Peeps!
    The Mods 5 FOR 90 Challenge is super awesome!
    (Thank you, @navydaddyjtc ! Thank you, @guitargirl55 ! Thank you, @Beka3695 and other Mods!)
    Go check it out, and see if it calls to you, as it did to me!

I came home from the gym this morning thinking about what I could work on between now and end of year, and was totally delighted to see this challenge.

The game is to choose 5 little things to do EVERY DAY for the last 90 days of the year.

I am working on my list and will post it as part of my check-in later today!

mc0tusdkrigw.jpg

• leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Steps for October 1- 5482 almost!
  • notsolazylisa
    notsolazylisa Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to step away from the challenge for now, the scale doesn't tell the whole story and it's just bringing me down. I'm going to focus on gaining strength and sticking with my goals.
This discussion has been closed.