MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES OCTOBER CHAT

Options

Replies

• Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Check in for Monday:
    Calories: under but only because my hubby over cooked dinner. It was so kind of him to cook but I could barely eat it. Lol!
    Exercise: I wish I had my Fitbit! I’m sure I’d be at 10k steps! Worked out on the elliptical this morning then walked at lunch
    Water: definitely not enough. Have a bit of a headache tonight because of it. I always have a hard time drinking enough water when the weather turns cold.

Goals for Tuesday:
    1. Workout in the morning
    2. Drink 100oz of water
    3. log my meals!
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    Monday weigh-in
    Last week: 129
    Today: 127.2
    Calories under
    Exercise bike

Almost made 40lbs for the year, stinking .2lbs away from 40 for year and 95 since largest. Hope you all are doing well!

WOW - nothing in the world like taking the time to look back and really absorb what you have accomplished. 40 pounds in 9 months is UHmazing! And 95 overall....fantastic work! I bet you feel so much better and are able to do so much more... => So happy for you!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Monday Check-in
    Calories: under, healthy choices/on plan
    Water: over
    Exercise: martial arts practice (21 min); resistance training (30 min); platform stepping (45 min); martial arts class (80 min)

Step Challenge: Met Goal (9675) (was aiming for 7500)

Tuesday Plans/Goals/Improvements
    Calories: on target, all healthy choices/on plan
    Water: on plan or over
    Exercise: martial arts practice, platform stepping
    Step Challenge Goal: 7500
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,791 Member
    Options
    🌟Daily Post: Monday, 30 September

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    water over
    Steps 15639
    Exercise: walking and weights
    I have to get back to logging missed a couple of days last week and also checking in more
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Username: Jactop
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 212
    Todays Weight: 209
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Monday Check In
    I tracked
    Under calories
    16516 steps

Can't wait to weigh in when I wake up later today. The scale has been heading down bit by bit this week!!
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 10/1 checkin
    Username: mrmcgrath
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 202.4
    Todays Weight:

Yesterday
    Calories: over/under? Right at
    Water: over/under?Over
    Macro/micros : sugar and sodium high.
    Steps : 7533
    Exercise: stretching and walking

Goals or Improvements for today:
    Meet step goal
    Lots of water

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Good morning Slimpossibles!!! Happy October! I love the start of a new month but October is the best month of all in my opinion. It means cooler weather, flannel shirts, changing leaves, and only three more months until Christmas!! :D

STEP CHALLENGE BEGINS TODAY!!! I saw that many of you recorded your steps yesterday and that is great! I will begin keeping track today since that is what I told the group. :)

ufak33w1vcit.jpg
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Morning all.

Monday Sept 30
    Calories: over. (Had lasagna made with ground turkey but ate too much and had garlic toast)
    water: on par
    Steps 6029
    Exercise: absolutely nothing 😞

Looking for an opinion. If you have a step goal of 10k and you find you only reach it 2-3 days a week. (Days you do cardio) is it a good goal or too high?
  • Kres567
    Options
    digger61 wrote: »
    🌟Daily Post: Monday, 30 September

Calories: Under
    water over
    Steps 15639
    Exercise: walking and weights
    I have to get back to logging missed a couple of days last week and also checking in more

Great steps!!
  • Kres567
    Options
    renaegry wrote: »
    Morning all.

Monday Sept 30
    Calories: over. (Had lasagna made with ground turkey but ate too much and had garlic toast)
    water: on par
    Steps 7916
    Exercise: absolutely nothing 😞

Looking for an opinion. If you have a step goal of 10k and you find you only reach it 2-3 days a week. (Days you do cardio) is it a good goal or too high?

At first when I read your question I thought it was a tough one but then I started to think about goals. Goals should be realistic and feel like you can attain them so that you feel successful instead of disappointed. Maybe to start off with you look at your average steps for the week and set your daily goal at that average. Some days you will be higher and some right on target. And then perhaps work to increase it each day even by a little. If 10k is an ultimate goal for you I think you will feel more success by building it up over time.

I know I feel better and do better on the days I consistently walk 10K so for me it’s a good number.

I hope that helps!
  • renaegry
    Options
    Thanks @Kres567 I took a look back at my Fitbit weekly reports and my average steps over the last month have been been 9300-9800. So I guess if you look at it that way 10k should be attainable. Maybe I need to get off my butt and hit the treadmill even for a 20 min walk everyday to get those extra steps in.
  • renaegry
    Options
    Have another question for you all. Do you eat your Fitbit calorie adjustment (those that have fitbit) or eat your exercise calories?
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Reminder: Registration for October is still open!
    Please consider
    - Posting a reply on this thread (to help keep it visible)!
    - Posting a comment on your MFP profile. Here's what I posted on my profile:
    Registration is open for the October Fat2Fit challenge here on MFP! If you'd like accountability (weekly weigh-ins, tallied to see which team does best each week) and wonderful support (a team conversation where people talk about victories & roadbumps, participate in team challenges, and more), then come join the Fat2Fit group and then post an entry on this thread to get yourself registered! I am a member and have found the group hugely friendly, supportive and helpful: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10765939/fat2-fit-weight-loss-challenge-october-registration/p1?new=1
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    @renaegry:
    Nice Monday! It's great that you logged your food and figured out the calories issue.
    As for the eating back calories -- I eat back most, but not all. I don't always believe those counts, so I try undershooting, and watch to see what happens.Like so much of this, I think you have to measure, record, and watch to see what happens for you.

@TeresaW1020 - So excited for the Steps challenge. Thanks for making this happen! 😁

@mrmcgrath - Great check-in! I hope steps and water are going well today! 🌊🚶🏽

@bethanie0825 - What a great Monday! Good luck on Tuesday's weigh-in! Fingers crossed for you! 🤞🏽🤞🏽

@digger61 - I hope logging is going well today! ☑️

@Katmary71 - I am right there with @raleighgirl09 in wanting to acknowledge you for the huge accomplishment you have made. That 0.2 is just in the noise.

@Kres567 - Under calories because hubby burned dinner -- how sweet and tragic and funny! I hope today is going well. Great goals!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @bethanie0825, great loss!! Did you do anything special this week to get those results?

@renaegry, I don't eat back my exercise points but on days that I do a workout I will usually eat a little more than on days when I don't work out.
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Calories - Over
    Water - Under
    Steps 9946
    Working on today - More water, stay within calorie and more mini breaks at work
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Tuesday check-in (oh, you step challenge you - you'll get me checking in, too!! =>)
    Steps: 11,636 (over)
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 3 mini walks versus the whole three miles today - Nike up!!

@renaegry I have had goals on the brain, too. I used to try to just get 5000 steps a day and moved to a goal of 8000 when I felt I should be giving more effort (July-ish?). But the goal was in name only - it was there and if I didn't make it, well, I just didn't. But I was steadily getting more and more because I began taking exercise more seriously (August-ish?) but I still wasn't too strict on the trying to attain the goal. I had the goal - I just wasn't actively pursuing the goal (begging the question...). Not quite 2 weeks ago, I joined a program where the goal is 10,000 and I was kinda grumpy about it but I did try harder and then, for whatever reason, a week and a half ago - I began to actually work on the goal, more than just having it. Like any relationship, I'll get out what I put in, I guess.

Oddly enough - today was the most difficult day to attain the goal since we started going steady, me and goal of 10,000 steps a day. 5 hours of sleep, full work day, hot as all get out during the mini walks, grandbaby after work, hungry and tired when I got home in the dark. But I so wanted to see the goal, I so wanted to achieve what I set out to do today and especially on day one of my Slimpossibles step challenge! So I asked hubby to please do one of our 'hood revolutions which is a tad over a mile and I made the goal today, on day one of the challenge, when it would have been very easy to not do that. I don't think I'd have made the effort if I wasn't actively working on the goal and it being day one of the challenge - but I'm celebrating doing it, regardless.

I am struggling now with hyper-vigilance on food and exercise but I'm not struggling in the other direction - for today. If I'm going to struggle, I'd rather have this opportunity to learn to be a new me and maybe I just need to be hyper-vigilant for a while.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 just changed BP meds last Tuesday. I knew the other one was making me hold onto a bunch of water weight
This discussion has been closed.