MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES OCTOBER CHAT

Options

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to step away from the challenge for now, the scale doesn't tell the whole story and it's just bringing me down. I'm going to focus on gaining strength and sticking with my goals.

We are sorry to see you go!! Please know that you can rejoin anytime you would like to come back. :)
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    This is a great challenge and will be fun to see what everyone does every day and it will help us to stay mindful of our goals. :)

5 for 90
    1. Spend 20 minutes in the morning doing my Bible study
    2. Do the 21-Day Fix and give it my all
    3. Drink all my water!!
    4. No pecans today
    5. I’m so very thankful for my husband! <3
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Steps oct 2 7700.

I like the 5 for 90 challenge and will post my list tomorrow along with my cals. Just too beat today.

Have a nice night all!
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to step away from the challenge for now, the scale doesn't tell the whole story and it's just bringing me down. I'm going to focus on gaining strength and sticking with my goals.

I completely understand how the scale might be bringing you down because I am right there with you. But I hate to see you go. I have only been with his group for a few months now. I have seen people lose each week and this group has cheered them on and supported them and I have seen people gain weight and this group has cheered them on and supported them. I guess, for me, that support I have witnessed and am now receiving is far greater than what the number on the scale says. I hope you decide to stay. 🤗
  • sunshineplace
    sunshineplace Posts: 252 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Jactop wrote: »
    Username: Jactop
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 212
    Todays Weight: 209

Woohoo!

Thanks for the chuckle as well about cutting the hair and clipping the toenails. Lmao.
  • sunshineplace
    Options
    @broncobuddee I apologize for the delayed response.

Opening weight 158.4 and Thursday for weigh in so I will post week one weight tomorrow.
  • sunshineplace
    Options
    Checking in finally!

Mini vacay was awesome. I ate and drank some sinfully wonderful things and I walked a lot. Not expecting a loss tomorrow and that’s ok with me.

This week has been a real challenging one, so I am going to put it behind me and start fresh tomorrow.
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Jactop wrote: »
    Tuesday Check-In
    Steps 17,167
    Calories: under I think (homemade is hard to track)

Do you create recipes in MFP? I find it very easy, although I have to watch the choices the program gives and check for accuracy, maybe make changes, but then I have all the stats for the one dish.
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Wednesday check-in (OMG - status, steps and now 5 for 90!! =>)
    Steps: 14,495 (over)
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 3 mini walks versus the whole three miles today - Nike up!!

1. Make time for yourself: getting to sit down with MFP for a half hour, uninterrupted... =>
    2. Exercise 30 minutes a day: 3 mini walks
    3. Hydrate: a toughie as I can't slug or I retain but I did get 5 cups throughout the day plus other liquids and am not dehydrated
    4. Give up a trigger food: the gluten free tortilla chips have occasionally been a trigger food but are not always. Trigger behavior, on the other hand, is to not look in the fridge after dinner - it can lead to mindless snacking before bed
    5. Thankful for: my mother's continued health good enough to be in her apartment and be a grateful, happy clam =>

Today has gone well on the health front - good food choices, was out in the heat for 3 mini walks but I was able to do it. For tomorrow...a big test. I have a 7am meeting that I'll commute 30 min to the office for (arrival at 6:30), work all day, attend a professional conference and then drive 3 hours and arrive at the coast by 9:30 or 10pm. Long day and I've figured out that going in early, attending my 7am and then taking an hour from 8-9 for a 3 mile walk is my only hope of making the step challenge. Ultimately, it's for me, of course, but the challenge has peaked my interest and desire to compete successfully with me; one of us is bound to come out ahead.

@Wishusdonna - so lovely to see you checking in and it seems you have been doing well, very happy about it!
    @notsolazylisa - I get the feeling, having to focus on the number so much as a report to others was hard for me to get used to...are there other options such as only weighing once a week...? Just brainstorming and agree with @mrmcgrath on how uplifting it is to see the group working as a unit to the good of all.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,791 Member
    Options

Daily Post: October 2

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    water over
    Steps 16897
    Exercise: walking and weights
    Tracked everything today
    Yes step challenge sounds great
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Check-In
    Calories: under, healthy choices/on plan
    Water: on target
    Exercise: platform stepping (45 min); martial arts class (84 min)
    5 for 90
    1. Make time for yourself: DONE Meditation session completed today
    2. Exercise 30 minutes a day: DONE
    3. Hydrate: DONE I got in 64 oz and think I will have 12 more.
    4. Give up a trigger food: DONE Had a food plan and ate only on-plan items in on-plan amounts.
    5. Thankful for: my health, this group, my family, my martial arts friends

Step Challenge: Met Goal (11,823) (was aiming for 7500)

Thursday Plans/Goals/Improvements
    Calories: on target, all healthy choices/on plan
    Water: on plan or over
    Exercise: martial arts practice, platform stepping
    Steps (Challenge Goal): 7500
    Work my 5 for 90 list
  • Wishusdonna
    Wishusdonna Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hey @notsolazylisa - no worries, you do what you need to, and this is always here! I just hung about here when my tumour was still inside me as I knew those scales would be meaningless, and post-surgery I disappeared because, similar reasons, plus I was so tired and in pain! And you all didn't want to know how I was only really eating ice cream and chocolate.

I'm at the stage now where I'm weighing me once a week and just trying not to gain, as I know I can't go run it off yet. My tracker says normal exercise is fine now. It isn't. I know how I feel. And just battling against those doom-feelings is enough.

5 for 90 is an excellent idea. I post in a group called 5 Little Yays about the things I'm thankful for each day, and that's 5 things. It's a little mindfulness thing, where you just stop, look around you, and think, there is somethng here right now, isn't there? Or reflect on your day and think of those moments.

So:
    1 - make some time for yourself - I did. I watched Wild on Netflix and did some knitting.
    2 - exercise - this I managed. 30 minutes of gently swimming. 16 lengths and then my body said enough!
    3 - hydrate. More difficult back at work. 2 days of only managing 7 cups. Must try harder.
    4 - Well, my eczema is still gone, so that's alcohol???? Tick.
    5 - posted elsewhere.

Yesterday's calories green zone of good under-ness!
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Thursday 10/3 checkin
    Username: mrmcgrath
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 202.4
    Todays Weight:

Yesterday
    Calories: over/under? Under
    Water: over/under?Slightly under
    Macro/micros : within range
    Steps : 5045
    Exercise: non

5 for 90:
    Meet step goal
    Stay hydrated
    Make self care a priority
    Meditate and or journal daily
    Encourage someone
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    @mrmcgrath - What a great day! 😄

@notsolazylisa - @Wishusdonna said everything I would say, but better! "No worries, you do what you need to, and this group is always here" and you are always welcome to drop in to say hello! If leaving is what works, know that you go with our wishes for all the best! 👍🏽👐

@Wishusdonna - What a great day! And thank you for that lovely post!
    Oh, and I found your time to yourself inspiring (Wild on Netflix plus knitting). Knitting is on my list of things to learn... 🧶

@digger61 - Yay! So glad you are joining the Step Challenge. You put is such an impressive number of steps, and you are so consistent! 🚶🏿🚶🏿🚶🏿

@raleighgirl09 - Thank you for sharing about all that thinking and planning to have today work for you. It's impressive and I always think it's great to hear how people are getting there. Go, raleigh, go! And I am inspired to Nike Up today! 🙏🏃🏽 👍🏽

@sunshineplace - Yay! So happy to see you here! 🌞 We are glad the mini vacay 🍹 was restful. 🧘 Whatever today's number is, you sound ready to be back in action on weight and health! 👍🏽

@its_cleo - Thanks for checking in even though you were beat. I hope you got lots of good rest! 💤💤 Sleep is so important to health and I keep seeing studies that suggest important to maintaining a healthy weight as well.

@TeresaW1020 - I loved your 5 for 90 for yesterday! 😁 I especially loved your gratitude for your husband. SO sweet, and so inspiring! I am grateful for mine, too. He's in the other room making coffee, and I am going to go remind him of how great he is in just a minute!

@leonadixon - Hurray for all those steps! 🚶🏿🚶🏿🚶🏿

@Jactop - It's just so nice to have you back! I had forgotten about your working at a chocolate store. Your discipline always impresses me. 🏆 I love that you had a plan in place, and hope that all went well!

@Renaegry - What a great day you had! 🏆All those steps AND the Fitbod workout! 👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Daily Post: October 2

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    water: under (got busy working. Forget to drink)
    Steps: 10,756
    Exercise: 3.5 km walk during morning football practice

Plan for today is to get on the treadmill after football practice. Didn’t feel like braving the cold this morning. So while I sit here I am playing on my phone and reading. Drinking my coffee. Perfect morning. Lol
  • sunshineplace
    Options
    Sunshineplace
    Thursday
    Week 1
    PW 158.4
    CW 157.2

I am thrilled. Was not expecting a loss. I guess even though I wasn’t paying attention and tracking etc that some good old habits that are ingrained helped me through this week.
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Steps for 10/2: 7390 Yay me! over goal!
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    THE MODS CHALLENGE HAS BEEN POSTED BY @Beka3695
    COME ON TEAM MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES LET'S GET BEHIND THIS ONE
    HERE IS THE LINK ADD THIS TO YOUR DAILY CHECK IN

5 FOR 90 - The last 90 days of 2019
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10766872/under-construction#latest

Peeps! Peeps!
    The Mods 5 FOR 90 Challenge is super awesome!
    (Thank you, @navydaddyjtc ! Thank you, @guitargirl55 ! Thank you, @Beka3695 and other Mods!)
    Go check it out, and see if it calls to you, as it did to me!

I came home from the gym this morning thinking about what I could work on between now and end of year, and was totally delighted to see this challenge.

The game is to choose 5 little things to do EVERY DAY for the last 90 days of the year.

I am working on my list and will post it as part of my check-in later today!

mc0tusdkrigw.jpg

@AustinRuadhain ... GREAT POSTING...THANKS FOR THE KUDOS, BUT THIS WAS ALL @Beka3695 AND @JUGAR ON THIS ONE
    I ESPECIALLY LIKE THE POSTER... I JUST MIGHT USE IT FOR THE WARRIORS.
  • its_cleo
    Options
    Steps today 9820.

Calories over but I have to rejig my goals bc they're realistic and just upsetting me.

I am currently immersed in work and postseason baseball and so my posts will be short for the nexr week! :smiley:

But I'm also trying to work in exercise bc watching baseball=lots of sitting lol.
  • its_cleo
    Options
    I meant to say my goals are not realistic lol re the calories
This discussion has been closed.