sleepymom5 Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    f5v3nglogfnl.jpeg
    Let's end October strong!!
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Happy Monday! Wasn't the best weekend but wasn't the worst either. After weight dropping down its back up this morning. I often avoid weighing myself on Monday morning but I needed a reality check. Its not enough to want to lost 8 pounds by Thanksgiving... I need to put together a plan and COMMIT to the plan... its the 2nd part I have trouble with. I consumed more sodium than usual so hoping some of the gain is due to water retention. Another snow day and single digit temps on tap for us. I'm not ready for winter LOL. Heading out to my yoga class as I feel its important to keep moving especially in the cold and not just hibernate which is what I really want to do! Stopping by the grocery store for a couple of essentials and hope to be back home before the worst of the storm hits. Oh and we're upgrading a 500 gallon above ground propane tank to a 1000 gallon underground tank. Guess the guys will be having fun working in the snow.

Love both those pics @sleepymom5! Thanks for posting them!!

Welcome to onderland @jedaschultz!

Gotta run. Have a great day everyone!!
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    I have a doctor's appointment at 2 today. Hooray!

@jedaschultz Awesome! Not only are you in Onderland, you are over a pound into it! I can't welcome you as I am not quite there but hopefully this Friday. I am glad you are doing so well and your husband is too!
    @nstephenson01 You really are in the home stretch. We all need to be committed or we are not going to see the results we want. You can do it! You have come so far and are so close! I agree with the moving especially in the weather you are having. I also seem to want to hibernate when it gets cold Lol! Hope you are back home safely from yoga and your errands before the storm is too bad.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Sunday check in

Good day yesterday, and was on track with everything. My younger son is sick today, so I do not have a lot of time to get through posts. I see right above that @jedaschultz is in onederland! Congratulations!! I will try to check in again tonight or tomorrow morning.
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @nstephenson01 thanks for the link - those sound awesome. I understand how nuts can have a hold over you - obviously if you've read about my "nutty" struggles! Its funny but its not! I just ran to the grocery store at my lunch break to get bananas and I almost went down the nut aisle! I know better than to shop hungry - I didn't give in but it was a battle of the mind. It's kind of like I have a "good" Sheryl sitting on one of my shoulders that encourages my battle to eat good and on the other shoulder is the "bad" Sheryl that tries to convince me to eat bad foods!! Today the "good" Sheryl won!!
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5
    Thanks! I'm trying to work hard on getting in the fruit, veggies and water. Some day it will be less of a struggle.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    Monday 10/28 check in
    Food: logged and under
    Water:32 oz
    Exercise: 20 minutes total at home( 2-10 minute sessions) I didn't get to the gym today.

Had to get up early and go to work to get some help with signing up for medical insurance and then stopped at furniture store to change something on my mattress order.

After that I needed to get some more sleep. I'm going into work early tonight. 10 hour shift instead of my normal 8 hour.

Back is feeling ok right now. I go back to the chiropractor tomorrow afternoon.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @sleepymom5

I hope you got some answers at the doctor's appointment.
    Sorry about your daughter's anxiety issues. I don't have that so I can't relate either but I work with people who do have some of that.
    Since she somewhat knows what can bring it on I hope your daughter can try to avoid those situations if possible.
    Hugs!
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @lennoncpa
    Great job on not giving in! Keep up the good work!
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Will be home late afternoon tomorrow and start tracking food on Wednesday. Have been eating good mostly this trip as my Mom and sisters are healthy eaters. Curious to see how the scale will react to this trip. It was a great trip until early this morning when I was sick so today I mostly slept on the drive.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @nstephenson01
    You're right, the commitment part is hard! People seem to do well at the beginning and then kind of fizzle out.

It's like at the gym, people sign up in January and by the end of February it's only the regulars and the newbies who really want to make a change who are still there.

I know it's hard, I have the same struggles. Keep at it! Even(especially)when you don't want to! You can do it!
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @jedaschultz
    Great job! Keep up the good work!
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    The doctor thinks the ligament and miniscus in my right knee are inflamed. I need to get it xrayed. She is happy I have been resting and icing it. She want's me to take tylenol as well as ibuprofen. She also wants me to wear a knee brace. She thinks my left knee is just bothering me because it is picking up the slack for the right knee. We will see. I am hoping to get in for the xray tomorrow.

@Cafelelia Hope your son is feeling better soon. You have had a tough start to the colder weather. I hope you and the rest of the family stays well.
    @lennoncpa I am glad the good Cheryl won against the nuts today! Keep up the good work!
    @tryingagain5 Looks like another good day! I don't know how you do it with the night shifts. Hope you had a good night. Thanks for the kind words about my daughter. It has been a long haul with her.
    @pacsnc6 I am glad the trip went well. Was your brother expecting you all to be there or was it a surprise. Hope you are feeling better, that isn't a good way to end the trip. I am happy to hear it was good otherwise.
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    sqaiuk4h63q3.jpeg

Monday Weigh In still due
    @amsandos
    Tuesday Weigh In
    @Phoebe112478
    Wednesday's weigh ins
    @Barbb1557
    @GingerPwr
    @tryingagain5
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    I just finished reading 48 posts. Geez it’s easy to fall behind. @Cafelelia congrats on breaking that plateau. @amytriesww great loss this week! @jedaschultz onderland! You did it great job!!!
    @sleepymom5 have you tried acupuncture?
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @Zumba_Luvah you are on a roll!!! Isn’t this your lowest weight in quite awhile? You have had a great month.
    @nstephenson01 I understand your struggles. It’s crazy that we can’t always follow through with our plans and goals. But I know you can do it. Keep feeding yourself nutritious healthy foods and doing your yoga etc. we can do this.

We had a really fun weekend with friends. Took the old folks with us. Spent one day thrift shopping. I adore ivory clothes. Bought Talbots beautiful ivory slacks with tags brand new $99 for $3.99 😁. Other nice things too.
    Thursday morning woke with a small spider bite on my arm. Each day getting worse. Had to go to doctors yesterday for steroid cream. Turned into a massive softball size red angry mess. October has just been crazy for me. First week kidney stone second week had to get ears irrigated (2 weeks I couldn’t hear), and now spidey bite. I have actually had a brown recluse bite before. Not fun.
    So it was a bit of a challenge with food this weekend. Finding vegan friendly restaurants that had token food that wasn’t very good. I woke up early Saturday and made a nutritious plum apple crisp to take with us. Saturday night we bought vegan vanilla ice cream and all 6 of us ate it in our hotel room. After everyone left I ate 2 more servings. It was so good but I think I felt food sorry for myself and indulged in something safe. But I rarely overeat like that.
    I’m up early today. Work is very stressful right now. One of my employees just got promoted. Another maybe quitting or terminated. I’m now down 3 and after this week maybe 4. I have work quotas I have to maintain. Even though I was out sick 1 day and on vacation...my numbers have to stay the same. Sigh...looking forward to retirement.
    Ran 3 miles on Sunday but having a tough time getting back into routine.
    I need to do a weigh in this morning too Nancy for a “reality” check.
    Counting down to November. I hope I survive October.
  • lennoncpa
    Options
    Happy Tuesday everyone. I’m struggling with the constant hunger that I just can’t seem to satisfy. Yesterday I ate strictly healthy foods, just more of it than normal. And I made up a crockpot full of oatmeal last night so I will have it available for me me today and tomorrow. I’m trying to eat filling food that isn’t crazy high in calories.
  • lennoncpa
    Options
    @sleepymom5 wishing you luck with the knees. I’ve had 3 knee surgeries over the years. The arthroscopic type so they just go in and clean it up for me then I’m good as new! Hope you don’t need surgery but it is nice to know there are options!
This discussion has been closed.