WEIGHT NO MORE - OCTOBER CHAT

Options

Replies

• nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    @lennoncpa These are the nuts I eat on almost a daily basis. I weigh out 1 oz. I can't be trusted around salted or flavored nuts... these don't have the same hold over me LOL. I also use the pumpkin seeds for crunch in salads nowadays instead of croutons.

https://gorilla-foodco.us/collections/nuts-nut-butters/products/gorilla-food-co-absolute-beast-mixed-nuts-seed-2lbs-32oz
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Daily Check In: Friday
    Food: Pre-logged but snacked off plan while cooking dinner
    Water: Great... too much! Lost track after 80 oz. Got the hiccups and tried getting rid of them with water which didn't work and just made me have to get up multiple times during the night.
    Exercise: 30 minute dog walk, 90 minute yoga class; just shy of 10,000 steps

Got off track last night while cooking dinner and started snacking on a baguette... it wasn't even a good loaf of bread! Our grocery store doesn't know what a baguette is LOL. Oh well... today's another day and another chance to do better. Not logging today because I'm making some crazy insane mixed seafood dish for dinner that seemed like a good idea yesterday when I bought the ingredients but today seems like a lot of work. Its snowing which for some reason makes me feel like I need to eat. Just forced myself to eat some strawberries... hopefully keeps me from the bad stuff.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    kirsten11872
    Week:4
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    Previous weight:175.8
    Current weight:174.5
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Saturday 10/26 check in
    Food: logged and over but only by 17 calories. I hadn't planned on going out to eat tonight but a friend texted and said a few people were going to Logan's and asked if I wanted to go with them. I still had around 1000 calories left for supper. I made good decisions, had the teriyaki chicken, garden salad and broccoli. I didn't touch the peanuts or the rolls. NSV for me! Usually I would have had both and made poor choices for dinner.

Water:56 oz

Exercise: haven't done any yet but plan on doing some low intensity exercise when I do my laundry. Time will depend on how my back feels once I start.

My back was pretty stiff when I got up this morning but got a little better as I moved around. We sat for a while at the restaurant and my back got stiff again. I'm icing it now per the chiropractor's directions. I think part of the issue (but not all of it)is that my mattress needs to be replaced. I should have done that a long time ago. Finally went today, bought one and am having it delivered next Saturday. I could have had it earlier but it didn't work out with my schedule so Saturday it is.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Daily Check In: Saturday
    Food: Logged and over
    Water: 56oz
    Exercise: none but I did get over 6k steps which is my goal until I get my legs sorted out.

Not a bad day yesterday, not great but better than I have been. I did eat off plan, I was supposed to have salad but I was too tired (lazy) to make it and had pizza. I was just over a little but I logged everything. Which is better than I have been doing lately. I otherwise got nothing done around the house that I wanted. My legs were killing me. I actually felt like I had the aches from the flu but just in my legs. I took ibuprofen, iced, rested but nothing relieved it. It was awful. I actually slept terrible too, I kept waking up because they hurt. Interestingly, they don't feel bad right now. Now it is back to my knees and hip. I am going to go and at least stretch and do my PT exercises later. I also want to try the bike or maybe the elliptical or a slow walk on treadmill. I don't want to push it. I will call the doctor in the morning . I feel like people have much worse pain than this but it is effecting my day to day activity. I can't just sit around all day.

I also feel like I am in a better place in my head too. Since I was sitting a lot, I did listen to podcasts and I actually read some blogs and success stories on MFP. I think that helped. It is funny if you think about it. What is in our heads can be our biggest obstacles. That is mostly my problem.

@nstephenson01 How did dinner turn out? Sounds like it would be something I would like. We are getting a ton of rain here. I am really getting lessons on weather with this group. Lol!
    Amazing day Friday with the water and the exercise!
    @kirsten11872 Nice loss! Looks like you are getting back on track!
    @tryingagain5 Great job at dinner! Trying to lose weight shouldn't mean that we can't go out unexpectedly. You did awesome, you went out, made good choices and enjoyed your friends' company. I bet the mattress will help with your back. I actually want a whole new bed Lol! I want to get one of those adjustable ones. We actually have been saying over two years that we are getting one lol! We should go and just do it.
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    59v8976rvg19.png
    WEEK 4 OF THE werof0swdicv.jpg
    WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE AND SUPPORT GROUP IS DONE ,FINISH, ALL OVER, KAPUT, AND HERE IS HOW IT ALL WENT DOWN FOR THE GROUP AS A WHOLE
    8mtzctvx832i.png

THE WINNERS ARE...

TEAM % Shrinking Assets 0.55%
    INDIVIDUAL % LovebyDraug69 4.52%
    TEAM LBS LOST Shrinking Assets 22.2
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST LovebyDraug69 10.4

AS A WHOLE WE LOST 62.8 POUNDS OR 0.28% !!!!!

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Shrinking Assets 0.55%
    2nd Trimstones 0.37%
    3rd Mission Slimpossibles 0.26%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST
    1st Shrinking Assets 22.2
    2nd Trimstones 15.1
    3rd Mission Slimpossibles 9.5

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @LovebyDraug69 4.52%
    2nd @Terytha 3.26%
    3rd @Luciicul 2.87%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST
    1st @LovebyDraug69 10.4
    2nd @DreaRN15 7.4
    3rd @Terytha 7.2

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @KathynDes
    @DreaRN15
    @raleighgirl09
    @tryingagain5
    @Pamela_Sue
    @Katmary71
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @runarml
    @amytriesww

CONGRATS TO OUR GROUP WINNERS

jbckoik7b3cq.png

• sleepymom5
    Options
    hdfzxgsmoio0.jpeg

Making a plan on Sunday for the week sets you up for success. This is the last week of October, let's make the most of it!
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    ymhufe7ogfel.jpeg

Sunday Weigh Ins
    @amytriesww
    @twyla77

Monday Weigh In
    @amsandos
    @jedaschultz

Tuesday Weigh In
    @Phoebe112478
  • twyla77
    twyla77 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Twyla77
    Week 5
    Weigh In Day: Sunday Oct 27
    Previous Weight: 132.5
    Today’s Weight: 131.8

I’m sure this loss is all due to the last 2 days being out with the flu lol. Feeling better this morning though!
  • amytriesww
    amytriesww Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    amytriesww
    Week 5
    Previous weight: 219.7
    Current weight: 217.0

I gladly take this loss this week, since exercise seemed to fall to the wayside. I think I only worked out 2 or 3 times. I'm so thankful my eating is under control, or I'd be in trouble! lol Just wanted to let you all know I'm still over here doing my best, even though I barely checked in this week. School is killing me! I still have 1 assignment and 2 exams to take today. Then, 16 more assignments for next week. I think there's only 6 or 7 more weeks of school and I still feel like I haven't found a balance! lol I know it sounds like I'm complaining (and I sort of am! lol), but I'm also grateful that I have the means to go to school and get a degree at age 37, because I never thought I could. So, there's my positive for the day! haha
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @sleepymom5
    I really wanted a new bed but it's not in my budget.🙁 So a new mattress it had to be. Will have to save up for a new bed someday.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Saturday check in

Food - logged & on track
    Exercise - 30 min walking
    Water 1.8 l

Good day yesterday, very busy weekend overall. Just got back from my son’s hockey game. The arena was so cold, I am having a hard time warming up. Just about to start my food prep for the week. It is an off week as I am travelling with my younger son to his tournament starting on Thursday.

It is the last week of October, so let’s make it a great one!!

@nstephenson01 - I think it is really common to want to eat more when it is snowing or very cold. Probably an ancient hibernation thing!

@kirsten11872 - Nice loss this week and hope all is well!

@tryingain5 - Nice NSV! Hope that you back is feeling better too!

@sleepymom5 - I love that Sunday list that you posted. Glad you are in a better place and that you are going to get your knees checked out. I love reading those success stories on MFP!

@twyla77 - Nice loss, but so sorry that you got the flu!

@amytriesww - Your weight loss ninja streak continues! You are doing great, plus going to school! Very amazing that you are working towards your degree!

@tryinagain5 & @amytriesww - Congratulations for the honorable mentions this week! Way to go!
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    @twyla77 Oh no! The flu is awful! I am glad you are starting to feel better.
    @amytriesww I know that is not the type of loss you are used to but still a good loss! I know that you have a lot to be thankful for with being able to go to school at all but that doesn't make things any easier. Give yourself credit for still getting exercise in 3 days and also for keeping your eating under control. Stress and being overwhelmed are big factors for overeating. Keep up the good work!
    @tryingagain5 That is pretty much why we keep putting it off. They are expensive lol!
    @Cafelelia I just can't imagine how cold you get in those arenas We have a ice skating ring in our town and the few times I have been in it I have been freezing! Can you walk around while you are there? I guess you would have to be sitting to watch the game though. I am guessing your sons must be pretty good to be in travel hockey. That is awesome! Busy but awesome!
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    LET THE REGISTRATION BEGIN
    I HAVE OFFICIALLY OPENED NOV REGISTRATION AND IT RUN UNTIL NOV. 9
    I WILL BE POSTING ON THE MFP COMMUNITY BOARDS AND WILL PASS ALONG THE LINK ON YOUR TEAM THREADS SO EVERYONE CAN JOIN IN THE CONVERSATION AND KEEP US ON THE TOP OF THE PILE.

LETS HAVE A BANG UP 09k4v7guf8m9.pngNOVEMBER.
    CAPTURING ALL OF THE z4701vu0nm03.png FOR OUR GROUP
    THANKS GREG
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    Sunday 10/27 check in
    Food: logged and on track
    Water: 40 oz
    Exercise: 30 minutes low intensity at home.

I'm finding that if I sit too long or after sleeping my back gets stiff. Guess I'm going to have to move more.

Fruits/veggie/water:
    2 days had 4 fruits and 4 veggies
    1 day had 3 fruits and 3 veggies
    1 day had 3 fruits, 2 veggies
    1 day had 2 fruits, 3 veggies
    1 day had 1 fruit, 1 veggie
    1 day 0 fruit, 0 veggie

Water:
    3 days: 56 oz
    3 days: 40 oz
    1 day: 48 oz
    Hope everyone has a great week this week! Keep up the good work!
  • Navydaddjtc
    edited October 2019
    Options
    GOOD MORNING TEAMS
    I JUST POSTED ANOTHER DISCUSSION ON THE BOARDS
    HERE IS THE LINK TO IT..... WARNING FIRST THE PICTURE YOUR ABOUT TO SEE IS ME YES ME PRE ILEOSTOMY SURGERY AND PRE GETTING BACK TO THE JOURNEY.
    SO COME AND AND POST A REVIEW OF OUR GROUP
    HERE NOW IS THE LINK
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10770143/if-this-can-help-me-then-why-arent-you-here-with-us/p1?new=1
This discussion has been closed.