Replies

• Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Check in for Monday

Food - Logged and fasting
    Water - 2l
    Exercise - circuit training & exercise bike

Am sleepy today as we stayed up late to watch the election results, which were quite close in many ridings. My son’s candidate won, and he was amazed this morning that he played a small part in that victory and in the elections process. My son is an extrovert, so the campaign team quickly put him out canvassing throughout the campaign. He also worked late last night until the polls closed, knocking on doors and getting people out to vote. I am just so happy that he got involved, found a new interest and learned so much. Am such a proud mama today!

@pacsnc6 - That is totally fine if you weigh in tomorrow. How nice that most of your big family will be together! Very cool that you have a novelist brother and that you will all be there to support them! Hope that you have a great time!

@nstephenson01 - Looks like you have delicious eating to look forward to today. Hope that you are feeling better. It is raining here too, but no snow yet!

@mrsbell8well - Thanks for sharing the photos of you delicious food! Running home from work is an awesome way to commute!

@phoebe112476 - Fantastic loss!! Congratulations!!

@sleepymom5 - I take it you did not get picked for jury duty? Hope that the cysts turn out to be nothing.

@hope002 - Great day yesterday! I completed a 24 hour fast yesterday, which was kind of a good idea after my birthday festivities. It went great, but the last hour was tough, probably because I was aware it was the last hour!

@tryingagain5 - That salad sounds delicious! Hope that you have recovered from your cold and that your back feels better too.

@GingerPwr - Hope that you are feeling better from TOM. Your post made me laugh!

@amytriesww - What can I say, you are a ninja! What you have accomplished since June is extraordinary!! Just so happy for you and congratulations!! Onederland is directly in reach!!

@lennoncpa - My thoughts exactly about the weather today!

@ljdanny - Hope that the baby is doing well! I am not a Fitbit user, so cannot assist, but if anyone is, feel free to provide some advice! Icky, lice! I was just saying to a friend the other day that I am happy my kids are past that phase (although I guess it could still happen). I remember when they were in preschool, it felt like we got weekly lice warning letters from their school.

@KatAdele - Hope that you have a great week!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,462 Member
    Options
    Check in for Monday and Tuesday
    Food - Ugh!
    Water - at least 64 oz
    Exercise - Nothing
    Steps 3,700 and a little over 6K

I always seem to get off track when I am busy and I don't have time to plan. Yesterday and today weren't the best eating days. Not bad but not good either. My knee is also really bothering me so I didn't exercise on purpose. If it doesn't improve, I am going to the doctor next week. Tonight I am going to write out a plan for tomorrow and for the rest of the week. I am also going to go food shopping while MK is at the counselor so I have everything ready to go. Things go so much smoother when I plan, I don't know why that is the first thing to go when I get busy or overwhelmed.

Jury duty was interesting. I was called with 55 other people to get picked for a criminal case. I was #48 out of 55. So we lined up and walked down the stairs, across the court yard and into another building. We had to wait in a hallway for a while and then they took us into a court room. The defendant was sitting at a table and the lawyers were at the other. We sat for about 10 min before a judge came in to tell us that there was a glitch. Apparently, the defendant was in that hallway in shackles as we entered. I was in the back so I didn't see him but the people in the front did. The judge said that the jury isn't supposed to know when a defendant is incarcerated so we couldn't be used for that case. We also couldn't go back into the jury room because we were "tainted". They didn't want us to tell other potential jurors what happened so we had to go to another room. We couldn't go to the bathroom or into the hallway unless we went together as a group for the same reason. We finally got taken back for another case that I wasn't picked for. It was a long day.

@Mrsbell8well Sounds like you are getting right back on track! Over a year being vegan, no over the counter pills etc is impressive! You can do anything you set your mind to. Your salads look delicious. I also forgot it is the season for acorn squash! I am going to have to pick them up. Your recipe sounded yummy!
    @jedaschultz Nice loss! I am glad WW is working for you! Awesome job going away and not gaining! You should be proud!
    @Cafelelia That is so impressive that your son not only has an interest but is also volunteering his time for the election! That is awesome! I am glad his candidate won!
    @KatAdele I am a little late to the commenting but you are right-new week=clean slate! You got this!
    @ljdanny How are things going with the little one in the house? Hopefully you can get some exercise in with all the excitement. I have no suggestions for the fitbit. That is so annoying. Maybe there is a glitch and you can try again? Ugh! Lice! It seems like that always goes around with those young kids. Hope it clears up soon.
    @amsandos Nice loss!
    @lennoncpa Sometimes the rain can look pretty. It has been rainy here too.
    @amytriesww It is amazing how far you have come! Not only the weight but your whole outlook. You have really taken charge of your life! You are an inspiration!
    @GingerPwr Ugh! Hope the TOM is over quickly.
    @tryingagain5 That salad sounded amazing! That really helped with the fruit and veggies! Hope your back and cold are feeling better soon. My cold seems to finally be getting better. It has been well over a week. It is good that you took the night off and are getting some rest. Feel better!
    @hope002 Another great day!
    @phoebe112476 Nice loss! You are doing great!
    @nstephenson01 Sounds like you are doing well. Especially with it being your TOM and with your husband being home. Your meals for today sound delicious, especially lunch. William likes Houston. Still needs a real job with benefits. He has been doing Uber eats which pay the bills but that is about it. I am so excited to see him!
    @pacsnc6 That sounds like it will be such a nice trip! Enjoy your family!
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Check in for Tuesday
    Food IF on track
    Water not enough
    Exercise 3 walks
    Steps 14,750

I only ate 2 hours today and managed to consume almost 1500 calories 😳😳😳
    I am doing another 24 hours fast
  • Barbb1557
    Barbb1557 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Barbb1557
    Weigh in day Wednesday
    Week 4
    CW 228
    PW 226.8
  • Barbb1557
    Barbb1557 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Barbb1557
    Checking in
    I fell off the food wagon, I gave in to my pretzel cravings and bought a bag of my favorite buffalo wing pretzels and ate them. They were not as good as I remembered and my stomach did not feel well afterwards. I have been over eating a lot, but keeping the food relatively healthy.
    There is a destructive pattern in my life with the interactions I have with my grand daughter, whom I love with all my heart, and my son and daughter in law. I have repeatedly asked to go to their home to talk about it, but they do not make the time.
    Weighing in today will hopefully get me back on track and luckily I see my trainer today. My coffee was extra yummy today and I will make some oatmeal before my workout.
    Thanks for all the kind words, they are very much appreciated.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    pacsnc6
    weigh in
    week 4
    pw 162.2
    cw 163.3
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Username: tryingagain5
    Week:4
    PW: 197.4
    CW: 192.8
    Wow! 4.6 loss
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    NO TRIGGER FOODS CHALLENGE
    Hey teams!! I am so sorry that we forgot to post this week's challenge. I'm a new captain so I'm claiming newbie's brain and will work harder to set myself a reminder. ;)

Since we have only four days left for this week why don't we focus harder on one of our 5 for 90 and say NO TRIGGER FOODS for the rest of the week?

Post here in the challenge and in your own team threads what trigger food(s) you are going to completely give up and maybe by really focusing on it for this challenge will help carry you through the rest of the year! :)

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10769602/no-trigger-foods#latest

1o35atok500a.png
  • Cafelelia
    Options
    Check in for Tuesday

Food - Logged & on target
    Water - 2l
    Exercise - 30 minute walking

Good day yesterday. I have physio today. My leg is pretty good. She will probably do some strength testing and I hope to move to monthly appointments.

@tryingagain5 - Fantastic loss! Congratulations! Hope that you are feeling better today too.

@pacsnc6 - This is a small fluctuation and you are posting early in any event. Hope that you have a great time with your family!

@Barbb1557 - Your CW is not so bad, and given what is going on with family, it is totally understandable that you gave into some cravings right now. It is great that you are seeing your trainer so that you can refocus your efforts. You are doing great and don’t give up!

@hope002 - I noticed that with a longer fast, it is easy to take in a lot of calories in a short window. I read somewhere (can’t remember) to limit it to 500 calories for a short window or after breaking a fast. A lot of this is trial and error. Hope that the 24 hour fast is going well. Do you drink coffee or tea, or just water?

@sleepymom5 - So sorry that you knee is hurting, and you should definitely get that checked out if it continues. You had a lucky break with jury duty! I agree that everything works better with planning. I have never been good at advance meal prep just for me, as I cook for the entire family most days (my husband takes over on weekends). I am trying to take it to the next level by just making all breakfasts and lunches for myself in advance. It really does not take that much more time but it is getting organized with the groceries etc. I am going to keep at it and hope that it becomes easier.
  • Cafelelia
    edited October 2019
    Options
    As Teresa posted above, this week’s challenge is about trigger foods, and that fits in well with this month’s discussion on overeating. Halloween is next week for many of us, and it is a great time to think about trigger foods and start planning. Do you plan to have some Halloween candy? Do you plan to abstain? What happens when your co-workers bring in all of their Halloween left overs the day after?

My trigger food is chips, particularly at Halloween time. Those little bags just seem so harmless! I have to travel for my son’s hockey tournament on Halloween, so being out of my routine will make things even more challenging. We are staying at my mom’s house though, so I can avoid restaurant foods all 4 days, except for the team dinner on the Saturday. I am still deciding whether I have a Halloween treat this year, or not. My kids usually bring home way more than they can ever eat, so their Halloween haul is tempting. I am going to think about it and decide closer to the time.

Some handy charts are attached for common Halloween candies. Apologies if the candy photos are tempting, but most of us will see this stuff very soon.

3ss7hhxy6upw.jpeg
    46v9986er2jn.jpeg

• Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    dlir1vmsmgd2.jpeg
    My goal is to lose another pound by Saturday then a pound a week for the next 4 weeks. It feels like a long 4 weeks.
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    I slept in this morning! I just have been dragging lately and I am not really sure why. I do have to get moving. I have to go walk my son's dog and then go to get Mary Kate for her doctor's appointment. Daisy has the vet too. I pushed everything to the fall because I was at the shore all summer so I feel like all I have been doing is going to appointments lately Lol! Hope everyone has a fantastic day!

@hope002 You really are doing amazing with the fasting. How many calories are you aiming for in that window. Maybe if you have everything planned and ready to go it will help you stay within the calories you want. I don't know too much about IF so I don't have too many ideas.
    @Barbb1557 Nice loss! Even with the pretzels. Try to remember this experience, how it felt after (guilty), the taste (not as good as you remember) how you felt physically (stomach hurt). Try to think of that next time you reach for them at the store. One slip up doesn't undo all the good you have been doing. Don't beat yourself up, just get back on track. I am sorry about what you are going through with your son and his family. Is there any way you can talk to just your son? How about seeing a counselor? If not, maybe this is something you are going to have to figure out on your own or with friends. You can only control your own thoughts and actions, whatever anyone else does or says is beyond your control. You might have to figure out how you are going to handle the situations when you are with them. Hugs my friend. I know that this isn't easy.
    @pacsnc6 Enjoy your trip!
    @tryingagain5 Woo Hoo! That is awesome!
    @Cafelelia I hope your appointments do go down to once a month after today. I love the post on trigger foods. I have that problem too. I was just thinking today about not buying Halloween candy until Halloween or the day before lol. I love those charts too! Makes you think! Maybe I should print those out...
    @Mrsbell8well Already 2 starts filled in. You got this!
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday everyone. I’m having issues with non stop hunger! It’s so frustrating because it seems like nothing will satisfy me!! Grrrrr
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Wed 10/23 check in
    Food: logged and on track. I went out for dinner tonight but knew what I wanted before I got there and stuck with my healthy plan and I purposely saved most of my calories for this meal.
    Water: 48 oz
    Exercise: 30 minute session with the trainer but less intense again because of the ongoing back issue. I showed him the pictures of me at my heaviest and lightest weights. He has seen them before but it's been a while. They are keeping me motivated to keep going. I should have thought of looking at them everyday a long time ago
    My coughing also seems to aggravate my back. Hope the cold goes away soon too.

I did stop by the chiropractic office my dad goes to. I have an appointment for Friday morning. On the first visit they take xrays and do a physical exam and then if an adjustment is needed they also do that. Hopefully I will get good results from that.

My cold is making me very tired but I have to go back to work tonight. I have time for a nap so I'm going to do that before going in to work.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    It’s a cold morning. Brought in plants last night so they wouldn’t freeze. We have a beautiful small pond behind our backyard fence. We love watching the changing seasons. The ducks and geese are throwing daily parties and laughing up a storm. Autumn has definitely arrived.
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    Check in for Wednesday
    Food - Ugh!
    Water - 64 oz
    Exercise - None and almost 4K steps
    I just have been so tired lately and I have had a bad week. I need to get my head back in the game. I just have had so much to do and I think I am overwhelmed. I haven't been planning or logging. I haven't even been planning my days. I have another busy day today, mostly because I have been pushing everything off and now I HAVE to get stuff done.
    My son William is coming home today. I can't wait to see him. We are going to the bar for dinner. If I drink, I will only have one. I will be getting MK this afternoon for a dentist appointment and to have dinner with us so I need to get her back to school after dinner. I have to figure out what I am going to order. The way I have been eating lately, I don't trust myself eating 2-2.

@lennoncpa I feel like I am having the same problem. I have been asking myself it is really hunger and it mostly has been. Problem with me is I am not making the best choices when I am hungry.
    @tryingagain5 Hang in there. My cold hung on for a while but I think it is almost gone now. I stopped taking the cold medicine I was taking so that is a good thing at least. Hope you find some answers with your back.
    @Gingerpwr It could be anything. If you have been on track, just keep doing what you are doing, the scale will eventually catch up.
This discussion has been closed.