Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WEIGHT NO MORE - OCTOBER CHAT

1242526272830»

Replies

• hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    hope002
    Friday
    PW 205
    CW 204.1
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,468 Member
    Friday Check In
    Food - logged & on target
    Water-88 oz
    Exercise - 15 stationary bike, 15 treadmill and PT
    Steps-6,680 steps
    Good day yesterday until about 4. My husband brought home food from the bar. He NEVER does that. I ended up eating 1/2 of the cheesesteak eggrolls and a new dessert. They never had dessert before. It was cinnamon apple roll ups with nutella. I ate about 2/3 of that. I do these things and then think why after. I had salad and chicken planned. I decided to not have dinner as it was so close to dinner time. I was so busy packing and getting things together for my trip that I didn't notice I was hungry until it was time to go to bed anything. So even though I went off plan, I consider it a success. I have been trying IF a little. Past two days I was able to do 15 hours and 14 hours. It is a start. I have a harder time with the morning so the key is not eating after dinner and eating at a normal dinner hour. My family tends to eat late. Ok...I am babbling and I really have to run. Today I am going to walk 30 min in the airport. I am not going to be able to get anything done before I leave or I would do the stationary bike for 15. I am not pushing anything because I have to rest my knee. Hope everyone has a great day!

@tryingagain5 I am glad your pain is almost gone. I am interested to hear if the fatigue is related. I love the idea of reverse trick or treating! How fun! We don't get many either as I live on a main road. We used to have a little bon fire with our neighbors on Halloween and handed out our candy together. I don't know why we don't do that anymore...
    @hope002 Nice loss!! Hope things are going well. I was thinking of you, I did IF last night for 15 hours and the night before for 14 hours!
    @Cafelelia You are so quick with getting the weights in! Lol! Thanks! I do try I promise!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    @hope002 nice loss! Looks like onderland is calling to you.
    @Cafelelia I am so impressed you had a loss with everything on your agenda. There is always a way and you found it! Great job. And cute pic!
    @nstephenson01 wow what a loss Nancy! Looks like we are going to hit our goals before thanksgiving! Very proud of you.
    @sleepymom5 travel safe. Your so close to onderland Pam. You can do it!

The last 3 days I have stayed on track. I have been eating really well and a light dinner. Each night I have felt like I needed/wanted just a little more, something sweet or and extra serving. Each night I have said no. The results have been worth it. Tomorrow I can finally make those pumpkin donuts. I have a plan for the week. I am also planning to decrease my weigh ins. Skipping today and tomorrow. My clothes fit so much better with just a few pounds down. I bought some Lands End rose color corduroys on line. I was worried since they said the waist runs small. They fit perfectly!!! I haven’t taken my measurements since goal in July. I will take them this morning. I used to do it the first of every month.
    I am definitely back in diet/health/losing weight mentality. It’s a big difference how we approach things. @nstephenson01 had it right. A lot of times we know what we want. And we can really deeply want it, but unless we do something about it nothing will change. I was really wanting to get back to goal the last few months but this time I’m doing it. Out with desserts, wine, unplanned snacks, mindless eating, second servings. They have no place on my plan if I don’t reach my weekly goal. I reached my goal and enjoyed my spot of whiskey on the rocks last night. I am tracking for success!
  • Mrsbell8well
    @lennoncpa are you in your 30’s!!! Great job! I bet you were so happy to see that number.
    @tryingagain5 I am so glad chiro seems to be working for you. Make sure to drink lots of water on those days. Flush out the toxins.
    @timibotkin your a trooper. Hang in there. Your in my prayers. Good luck this week. Glad you had a small rest break.
    @sleepymom5 I love making seasonal oatmeal. I will share my pic from yesterday. I chopped apples into a bowl. Cooked oats in unsweetened vanilla almond milk, cinnamon, raisins and poured that hot over my apples. Topped with chopped pecans. Tasty!
  • Mrsbell8well
    ig6efspc8g25.jpeg
    Breakfast
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Good morning! I’m disappointed! Last week I weighed in on my home scale, I didn’t go to my WW meeting. According to my home scale, I was down, but the WW scale shows a gain.

The last couple of days were not as good as the beginning of the week, so I guess I cancelled out some of the good I did with a couple days of bad behavior.

Back at it again! A new week to reset! I can do this! I’m going to make November my month!

Have a great day & weekend!😊
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Friday check in

Food - logged & on target
    Exercise - rest day
    Water - 1.8 l

Yesterday was a good day and was able to make mostly healthy choices in spite of the driving and multiple games. We just finished the last game and the tournament is finally over, other than the team dinner this evening. My son’s team did not win the tournament, but my son got a shut out yesterday (he is a goalie) and we were all thrilled with that. The team dinner is at a chain restaurant with a fixed menu, so I cannot plan entirely. I have a high level plan though. I have a scratchy throat, which is not a surprised given the time in cold arenas, but I am going to try to fit in a walk before the dinner to get some exercise.

Remember that we switch over to the November thread tomorrow!

@Zumba_Luvah - Congratulations! You are knocking it out of the park, and keep doing what you are doing!

@kirsten11872 - That’s right, just look forward and make that plan for November! You can do this and you are!

@Cyndiesstuff - That is your November plan right there, and yes you can!!

@mrsbell8well - You are doing great and you will reach that goal with ease! What a yummy breakfast!

@sleepymom5 - Hope that you have had a great flight to Florida and the trip will be a nice opportunity to focus on yourself. Glad that you tried IF! Again, given what is going on with your knees, your steps and exercise are impressive!

@hope002 - Another great loss! Congratulations!

@tryingagin5 - So happy that your pain is almost gone! I love the reverse Halloween idea!
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    fpz2f1j06nzz.jpeg

Week 5 Weigh Ins Outstanding
    @ihp2015
    @KatAdele
    @Barbb1557
    @amsandos

November Week 1 Reminders - Go to the November Team Thread! See you there tomorrow!

• nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Daily Check in: Friday
    Food: Pre-logged; ate on plan but dinner was later than usual
    Water: not enough
    Exercise & steps: 90 minute yoga class, 30 minute dog walk;12,685 steps

Have been able to get back over 10,000 steps the last two days which makes me oh so happy! We have somewhat decent weather in the forecast.... at least no snow! I keep forgetting to start my IF app so need to get back on track with that. Weight is up a little.. hope its due to yesterday's yoga class. It was a little intense with lots of thigh exercises. Do you all remember Suzanne Sommer's Thighmaster? LOL

@tryingagain5 I love your reverse trick or treating! How fun!! I was going to say to be sure to drink plenty of water following your chiropractor appointments to flush out toxins but @mrsbell8well beat me to it. :smiley:

@sleepymom5 Hope you have a nice trip to FL. Mmmmm mmmm mmmm I love bar/pub food. I always walk while I'm at the airport... good for you.

@mrsbell8well my weight is back up a bit. I may have slipped up without realizing it. Time to reflect on Thursday & Friday and rein things in where necessary. Not letting you get too far ahead of me :smile:

@cyndiesstuff Great start, stop and keeps. Let's make November our month!

@kirsten11872 my weight is up a bit also. No worries... new week/new month! We got this!! We're going to make it a great November!!

Nice loss @Zumba_Luvah! 180's here you come!!

Great job busy momma @Cafelelia!

See y'all on the November thread!!
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    @sleepymom5
    It will be interesting to see if the fatigue is related to the adjustments. Next appointment is Monday so I will find out then.
    @Mrsbell8well
    Thanks, me too. I probably don't get enough water after the chiro appointments. I"ll have to work harder on that. Thanks for telling me.
    @Cafelelia
    Thanks, me too. Yes, we had lots of fun with the reverse trick or treat. It was well received by our neighbors. We are trying to get a condo community group started and have a FB page started and already had quite a few neighbors join. We hope to do some neighborhood events and get to know the neighbors we don't know and the ones we already know we would like to know better.
    @nstephenson01
    Reverse trick or treat was great fun! I can't take credit for it.😉 It was my friend's idea.
    I will have to increase my water intake on my chiro appointment days. Thanks for the advice. I know to do that after I get a massage. Not sure why I didn't think of that for the adjustments.
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    @Mrsbell8well yes I’m in my 30’s and I want to keep it there!! Such a struggle to get down and it’s goes up so fast!

@sleepymom5 it’s crazy that I can eat the same calories worth of oatmeal and lose weight when if it was the same amount of calories in chips or other junk food, I most definitely would gain weight! Plus I actually feel good when I eat a lot of oatmeal!! Isn’t that interesting?
  • tryingagain5
    Sat 11/1 check in
    Food: logged but over
    Water:48 oz
    Exercise: none yet. Feeling pretty tired today, still fatigued from the chiro appointment or just from working 3rd shift.🤔 I know I didn't get enough sleep this week. Plan on going to bed early tonight.
    My new mattress got delivered today. It's going to be interesting to actually sleep on a good mattress. I've been sleeping on one that needed replacing a long time ago.
  • tryingagain5
    lennoncpa wrote: »
    Moz17l4bli6qc.jpeg
    My new foster dog Jimmy

Aww! What a cutie!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,468 Member
    @Mrsbell8well That oatmeal looks yummy! I am going to try that. Do you remember you posted a pic of acorn squash. Do you remember what you put in that?
    @cyndiesstuff That sounds like an awesome plan! You are ready for an awesome November!
    @kirsten11872 No matter what the scale shows, you had a good week. I know you are disappointed but think how much better you did than the weeks before! I agree, Novemember is going to be your month!
    @Zumba_Luvah Nice loss! I guess things are going well!
    @Cafelelia I am sure you will be happy to get home. How awesome your son had a shut out! I hope dinner went well.
    @nstephenson01 I am glad that the weather is getting warm enough to walk. It is too early to be cooped up. I am sure the dogs love it too!
    @lennoncpa It is interesting how different food affects you. The oatmeal may fill you up more too. What a cute foster dog!
    @tryingagain5 I am interested in what the doctor is going to say. I am also glad to hear that the mattress is helping you sleep. I think the fatigue could be any of those things. Sometimes your body needs a rest day!
This discussion has been closed.