Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WEIGHT NO MORE - OCTOBER CHAT

Replies

• Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Happy Sunday morning!
    @Barbb1557 your post is heartbreaking. But sweet that you got to hold baby and wonderful that you have become so strong! I love how you took such good care of yourself. Most of us easily succumb to emotional triggers. Great job. One day at a time.
    @sleepymom5 daisy makes me smile. Thanks for the pics and the support.
    @Cafelelia glad your feeling better and HAPPY Birthday!!!
    @nstephenson01 I can so relate to your eating stories. We are a lot alike. 7 pounds yes I am doing this for you girl lol! I know we can do it.
    I made my commitment yesterday and stopped for groceries on my way home from work. Stocked up on gbombs. Greens, beans, onions, mushrooms, berries and seeds. Came home made lentil soup and cooked up a storm. Roasted beets, sweet potatoes and mushrooms. Washed lettuces and greens. Roasted spaghetti squash and steamed broccoli. I ate soup, mushrooms and a tiny delicious sweet potato for lunch. Spaghetti squash and garden marinara for dinner with steamed broccoli. Stayed on track even though I felt like I ate a lot of food. Strawberries for dessert. I read about natural candy bars on Pinterest. Sweets are my weakness. After my nap I had to make one. Date with a bit of nut butter, raw shredded coconut and a few small bits of dark chocolate. Yum.
    Work has been very challenging since coming back from vacation. Trying to catch up. One employee had to be written up and now she’s out 10 days medical leave. Another employee is on final written warning and did a no show. Which will now lead to termination. Wednesday is my follow up for kidney stone. I took stone to lab. Anxious to see the results.
    Old folks seem to need us more than ever.
    I have eaten more lately. I’m thinking maybe I will just focus on “dieting “ again instead of my life. My weight goes up or down. Doesn’t seem to want to stay put. But it’s maintenance and I’m ready to play the game. This is it for life. I refuse to gain it all back.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Update...I just weighed myself, and yes I know there’s lots of reasons our weight fluctuates, I am down 1 1/2 pounds from yesterday. I told Molly I was testing out my theory yesterday. Sometimes when I want to lose I eat more not less. More fruits and veggies and high quality protein. It works.
    I ate all day yesterday. If I’m going to lose weight I can’t allow myself to feel hungry or deprived. It’s like showering my self with lots of positive self love through nutritious food.
    I too believe in fasting and cleanses but it’s a balance.
    Spending the day cleaning and organizing our storage basement area. Molly built shelves all across the back wall. Been trying to get to this for a year.
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    WEEK 3 TALLIES ARE IN FOR THE 0rrifgvtybw1.jpg WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE

HERE IS HOW ALL WENT DOWN

f8masgbhrpbm.png
    l9o6g4msodu5.png

THE WINNERS ARE...

TEAM % Weight No More 0.57%
    INDIVIDUAL % TrishasTime 2.67%
    TEAM LBS LOST Weight No More 22.0
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST TrishasTime 6.6

AS A WHOLE WE LOST 11.6 POUNDS OR 0.05%!!

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @TrishasTime 2.67%
    2nd @Sunshineplace 2.59%
    3rd @Katmary71 2.48%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST
    1st @TrishasTime 6.6
    2nd @Zumba_Luvah 4.4
    3rd @Sunshineplace 4.2

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @SLIMN2016
    @Zumba_Luvah
    @amytriesww
    @jedaschultz
    @TheMrWobbly
    @iamworthy14
    @jtarmom
    @KathynDes
    @kateberard

• Mrsbell8well
    One last thing...@nstephenson01 your determination inspired me and stopped me from making pumpkin donuts this morning. Off to make fresh celery juice for breakfast.
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    @Cafelelia
    Happy Birthday! Enjoy your day!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,470 Member
    @amytriesww Lol! I always forget too! It is week four! Amazing loss my friend!

And how could I forget?! It's @Cafelelia 's BD!!
    Happy Birthday Lisa!
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Daily Check In: Saturday
    Food: Logged, ate on plan
    Water: Great
    Exercise & steps: 40 minute dog walk; 12,009 steps

Been doing a lot of thinking lately. I've been stuck at 165 for a while and honestly don't mind being at that weight but I don't like being at 167-168 which is where I fluctuate to so I have to get down to 160 so the fluctuations don't make me so upset. I didn't lose the first half of my weight starving myself. I planned my meals, scheduled times to eat so I never got overly hungry and simply ate healthy food. I have MFP set at 1200 calories and I think its too low for me most days. I've decided to refocus on quality, healthy foods and not worry so much about calorie counting. We'll see how that works out. TOM arrived and I feel like crap but I've never been so happy.. my mind is so much more positive and hubby is much less irritating LOL

Went to the Farmers Market yesterday. We've had a lot of early, very cold weather so our season is essentially over. There were only 4 vendors and a smattering of patrons. The vendors were so thankful that the few of us showed up and we were so glad they were there.
    It was a market lovefest LOL. I only picked up some baby lettuce and broccoli as there wasn't much of a selection. Meals are planned the next few days and snacks will be nuts, lean protein, fruit/veggies & beans. As long as hubby gets meat and veggies for dinner he's happy.

Let's do this @Mrsbell8well. Those donuts are not for you right now! :smiley:

Congrats @Zumba_Luvah, @amytriesww & @jedaschultz for such a successful week! I love our team!!

Virtual hugs to all of you battling colds... its no fun to be sick

Have a great Sunday all! What steps will you take to make it a successful week? Mine are: Plan my meals, eat as planned, drink my water, exercise, get plenty of sleep
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    sleepymom5 wrote: »
    @hope002 I need more info than that! Lol! A 24 hour fast AND 75 min hot yoga AND a 45 min walk? How did that go? Were you dragging? Very impressive day there my friend!
    🙂🙂 Thanks
    I've been doing IF 16/8 for a while now and it's easy for me. On Thursday I started my fast at 3.40 and didn't eat until 3.40 on Friday. I went for a walk around 11am. I was feeling great. Yoga class was at 6.30, so I wasn't fasting by then.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Check in for Saturday

Food - logged & on target
    Exercise - 30 minute walk
    Water - 2l

I stayed on track even with my meal out last night, which included a small dessert (chocolate mousse, so good)! Thank you to everyone for the birthday wishes! The biggest gift the family gave me today was extra sleep & breakfast in bed! Such a treat as I am usually up at 6 am before everyone. I am so happy to reach this age (53) with so many blessings, including this wonderful team!

@hope002 - You have been my fasting inspiration!

@nstephenson01 - Great plan for the week! 1200 is low in my opinion. There could be days where you have that and are fine, and others where you may need more. I think it is a great idea to focus on healthy foods and listen to your body.

@amytriesww- Another amazing loss congratulations!

@sleepymom5 - I love that celebration photo! Jury duty, ugh. Hopefully, you get dismissed quickly, you are a busy lady!

Congratulations team for our amazing performance this week! Special congratulations to @Zumba_Luvah, @amytriesww, and @jedaschultz!! Lose, gain or maintain, we are all winners for taking this journey!
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    ke3n8vvj62ld.jpeg

My bday present to myself! I have a Garmin for race training, but this is nice given I am not able to train right now. Love it!
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Sunday 10/20 check in
    Food: logged and under
    Exercise: 20 minutes low intensity exercise at home
    Water: 64 oz
    Still feeling kind of "yuck" from my cold. Wasn't really hungry again today.
    Back not quite as bad as yesterday but still taking it easy with exercise.

This week fruit: 2 days had 2, 1 day had 3, 1 day had , 3 days had 0.
    Veggies: 1 day had 4, 2 days had 2, 2 days had 1, 1 day had 1, 2 days had 0
    Water: 2 days had 56 oz, 4 days had 48 oz and 1 day had 64 oz

Not doing so good on my fruit, veggie and water goals. Going to have to work harder on this.
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Happy Sunday everyone. It’s been a beautiful weekend but my eating has been off! I just need to get my mind back in the game. Instead of mindless eating!!!!!
  • sleepymom5
    Sorry everyone. I am too pooped to post! I am heading to bed. Jury duty is in the am so it depends when I get up if I get on here in the am. Maybe I can while I am waiting in the jury room too. Goodnight!
  • twyla77
    twyla77 Posts: 445 Member
    Twyla77
    Week 4
    Weigh In Day: Sunday Oct 20
    Previous Weight: 132.9
    Today’s Weight: 132.5
  • twyla77
    twyla77 Posts: 445 Member
    Happy Birthday, @Cafelelia!

Hope everyone had a great weekend, and is ready for the week ahead! I’m enjoying a cup of relaxing tea before bed, and trying hard to not feel stressed out about my busy week at work - I’ve got a huge project due, so my mind is racing about all the things that MIGHT go wrong, even though they probably won’t go wrong. I don’t know why my mind always goes to the bad stuff? A friend just sent me this, so thought I’d share!

4lopl9kvjv3f.jpeg
  • sleepymom5
    Quick check in-Did ok yesterday with eating but ate too many chips. I don't even know why...My knee is killing me so no exercise yesterday and my steps were low. I still can't believe my knee is bothering me now. Have to run, time to get ready for Jury Duty. Ugh. I am going to bring a book or two to keep me occupied. I never seem to get picked. I will check in later. Have a great day everyone!

@nstephenson01 I think that is a great plan, especially being so close to goal. As I said to Mrsbell8well earlier, there is a lot of trail and error. You have to find what works for you. You are so healthy and active already, you just need to find what is the best for you!
    @hope002 That is awesome! I remembered when you started with IF so it just amazes me how well you are doing! It seems quick to me but I am sure it has been a long road for you. Keep up the good work!
    @Cafelelia Wow! You got through Thanksgiving AND your Birthday and stayed on track! Awesome! Is that another garmin? That is really nice. I always think I wouldn't wear one on my wrist but I like that one. I would wear something like that. My fitbit clips on my bra but it is starting to go now.
    @tryingagain5 I need to work on the fruit and veggies too, I started out strong and then fizzled. My problem is I am not putting them on my plan except for salad. I have to go back and look at your tips from last week.
    @twyla77 Nice loss! Good luck at work this week. Sounds like another busy one for you! I love what your friend sent, it is a good reminder. Thanks for sharing
This discussion has been closed.