Random Acts of Questioning

Options
15678911»

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,632 Member
    Options
    I wish MFP would separate complex carbs from refined simple carbs.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,642 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Even crono doesn't do that and it will be a long time before that really happens as it would require a lot of cooperation and effort by the food industry and legislation and... A lot of it is info we don't even have. Which is why so many guidelines use totals as a proxy for added when in reality they are after the added as opposed to the total.

Additionally I would posit that it is ADDITIONAL (un-necessary) sugars that go into things. Naturally occurring (when occurring naturally as opposed to added) tend to be absorbed more slowly anyway because the whole meal plays into it--all the other stuff you're eating in your balanced non single item meal :wink:

Of course total load also counts. I can definitely tell at times when I've over-done even naturally occurring sugars or overloaded on carbs in general without corresponding exercise happening during the appropriate time frame to suck out the excess from my blood stream. I strongly suspect that having tipped into type ii before weight loss plays into that quite a bit!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,642 Member
    Options
    Balanced non single item meal may also be of relevance! :lol:
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,632 Member
    Options
    But so boring :)

I see how it could be challenging - but "added sugar" and "refined carbs" would be, in my mind, so much more useful. But alas MFP is not mine alone :)