Spinach leaves renamed to "Overpriced Fat Grass"
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Coffee - Bean Juice

Cake - Icing
    second attempt:
    Gummy Bears - Awesome Gummy Bears

Can't answer my own question very well because love most things that people hate and I hate really popular things.
  • Hubzilla
    Hubzilla Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Gummy Bears - gelatinous dental destroyers
  • hansep0012
    hansep0012 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    a) Gummy Bears - high fructose corn syrup from hell
    b) Eel - Viking love potion
  • michne16
    michne16 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Twizzlers
  • hansep0012
    hansep0012 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    a) Twizzlers - Five strand cabling
    b) Okra - Baby zucchini (not even!)
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    How can you tell if you are really hungry or if it’s just your brain yakking at you?....I think I am on the brink of starvation today!....I swear I could eat wall paper!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    How can you tell if you are really hungry or if it’s just your brain yakking at you?....I think I am on the brink of starvation today!....I swear I could eat wall paper!

Hunger is physical. You feel it in your stomach... sometimes you hear it from there too.

From my experience the food noise in the brain is often just urges, cravings, and dissatisfaction. Dissatisfaction is one of the worst. It is that deal where you roam the kitchen, streets, or universe in search of "something good" and eating various other things during your trek.

Sometimes it is a combination of the two. You can be hungry and dissatisfied at the same time.
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    A lot of my so called “ hunger “ today is probably due to stress...concerned about the spinal injections husband is getting in the morning...but I still felt hungry...I tried to eat 1220 calories today for a 2 lb a week loss but I was really active this morning and I think I needed to refuel before I did...I usually dont eat breakfast but I should have had a string cheese or something this morning besides coffee....I only had a 240 calorie lunch and when I wrote this post I really was hungry!...after I wrote this I had an English muffin and a cup of lite hot chocolate which held me till dinner and then I got a 45 minutes swim in so I can have my snack later and stay around 1450 calories for the day!...yay me!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Nope, 1400 calories for the day!...yay me, again!
  • puboochu
    puboochu Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Sometimes thirst presents as hunger, I always drink a glass of water and wait a few minutes.
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    I have noticed that my finger nails and toe nails are growing really fast but my hair seems to be getting thinner and when I brush it a lot comes out....the hair could be an age thing but I have always had medium thick wavy hair....could I be lacking some vitamin?...I take daily vitamins and I eat fruit and veggies....my protein is low a lot of days.....not overly concerned just curious....I plan on getting about 8 inches of my hair cut off in a few weeks....I don’t want to go bald and I don’t want 12 inch nails either!
  • rieraclaelin
    rieraclaelin Posts: 115 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Just a quick question... How much do your daily calories drop as you lose weight? I know you can input it through MFP and it's supposed to automatically lower it every, what, ten pounds or so?

But, I'm not using the calorie goals given to me by MFP, I'm using what my dietician told me to do. So, I'm just curious? I've lost ten pounds since my last meeting with her, and I have another appointment with her on the 15th. But I'm still just curious :p
  • MuttiNM
    MuttiNM Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    @rieraclaelin From what I've seen when I go through the guided set up after every 10 pounds or so, it looks like it decreases 5 calories for every pound lost. Just recently I saw someone post that it's a 5.5 calorie decrease for every pound lost so that seems close to what I've been seeing.
  • rieraclaelin
    Options
    @MuttiNM awesome, thank you so much!
  • rieraclaelin
    Options
    Weird question, but, as you lose weight, does the way your fat feels change?

Like, for example, I have a lot of fat around my stomach, both upper and lower. Moreso upper, though. And it used to be kinda tight? Still squishy, but also pretty tight.

But now that I've lost almost 42 pounds since June, I noticed today that it's very, uh, jelly like? Well, kinda like a waterbed, actually. I poke my stomach and it wobbles like water :p and it's not nearly as tight there

Just an observation I made, and was curious!
  • Firefly743
    Firefly743 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    @MuttiNM
    Honestly, I thought MFP readjusts calories when it is appropriate - I didn't really give it a second thought. But now reading your response above, I kinda freaked out...I went thru the goals and had it recalculate my calories and sure enough, it dropped them, just over 5 calories per pound I've lost.

I had no idea I had to go in and do this myself!!! UGH!!! Not that I'm against having to do the work, I just didn't know, I thought the system did it. Anyway, so is every 10 pounds when you would recommend recalculating?

(And now having this knowledge, I could just hug you!) :)