• gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    batgirl140 wrote: »
    Batgirl140

Weigh in Nov week 3

PW: 207
    CW: 211.4. This is actually better than it was. 😕

I don’t know how to get my drive back!! I’ve lost the desire to take care of myself that I had at the beginning of the year. My dogs been sick since June and I’m getting emotionally and physically drained. Need to find my way back to what I was doing earlier this year!!

I am so sorry to hear your babies have been sick. Hope they feel better soon. I understand your feelings about being drained and unmotivated when life happens it seems one thing after another and sometimes you have to dig really deep deep in order to take one step forward but keep trying and eventually you'll get back there to being motivated but it takes work.
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Thursday

Track yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise yes PT and OT
    c50ychg1o2k3.jpg
    xezubuwqdf5v.jpg
    Water 189oz
    Goals/comments
    Maurice pushed so much my legs are stiff

Daily Post Friday.

Track yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise OT and PT only stretching and walking Maurice wasn't happy today but that's what happens when you push me beyond my limits yesterday.
    Water 170oz
    Goals/comments I told my OT that the arm exercises are working as I was able to put on my deodorant for the first time in a while. (It's the little accomplishments)

Saturday
    Track yes
    Calories maybe over by a few 100
    Exercise no
    Water 166oz
    Goals/comments so upset that I had Domino's pizza for lunch
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »

Goals/comments I told my OT that the arm exercises are working as I was able to put on my deodorant for the first time in a while. (It's the little accomplishments)

@gjaholy33 Pushing yourself is how you improve, sometimes it can be too much, but it does sound like it's helping, and stretching can help the stiffness after pushing yourself. And that small accomplishment of putting on your deodorant is super exciting, it means you are getting better. I'm so happy for you, you go girl! And don't feel bad about Dominos, first of all, one day isn't going to kill you and second of all, a few slices aren't horrible, especially if you have the room in your calorie count. And sometime you need extra food if you've been pushing yourself. Case in point, yesterday I worked out early and then walked the Vegas strip for hours, so after my 10 miles walked, I was super hungry, and it makes sense because I tripled the amount of time I normally walk..so, the bottom line is, sometimes you need it.
  • caloricus
    caloricus Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Daily post

Track ✔
    Calories ✔
    Exercise ✔
  • AB0215
    Options
    Username lucysaunders1691
    Week 4 November 23
    PW 239
    CW 236

3lb loss this week happy with that

@lucysaunders1691 In the interest of transparency, I was double checking the last weigh post we have to make sure I didn't make a mistake (because I'm not beyond making them) and the last post I found for your weigh in was actually back on the 10th and was for 237.4 so the actual loss calculated by the spreadsheet will be for 1.4 lbs and also, we are entering week 4 now so that would have been for week 3 and your weigh in this week will be for week 4. Also, for consistency's sake, you should be weighing in each week on the same day so you really should have posted that on Sunday and not Saturday as the weeks run Sunday through Saturday so your weigh in for week 4 would be today, Nov 24th, now if you'd like to change your weigh in day to Saturday, that is an option or another day if you'd prefer.
    Username lucysaunders1691
    Weigh in day Sunday
    Week November 2
    PW 244.8lb
    CW 237.4 lb
    Loss of 7.4lb this week I'm really happy with that.
    I can't workout how I have managed that
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    Apps been acting funky so hopefully I’ll get to post this.

I had a really hard week last week. Did the past year or year and a half right before I get my period I have become extremely emotional and sometimes even severely depressed. (I talked to my doctor about this. Apparently I’m getting up there and I’m probably starting to go through hormonal changes due to pre menopause). Anyway top this off with my father passing in July, these past few months have been hard. Tomorrow is my birthday. We went out to dinner and my husband gave me the sweetest card. I know I haven’t been easy lately but I feel so lucky to have this person by my side.
  • southgirl94
    southgirl94 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Nov Wk 4 - Sun, 11/24

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: 3 miles walking on trails for an hour (result of getting lost walking for first time on trail at dusk), 20 minutes cardio at the gym
  • Kin59vara
    Kin59vara Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Daily post: Monday
    Track: yes
    Calories: slightly over
    Exercise: Daily Burn, 9810 steps

I am in a marathon of cleaning for company. It is NOT a favorite thing but I find I can focus on one thing at a time so my eating and exercise are still not a habit so when I get distracted I find that these go out the window.
  • Kin59vara
    Kin59vara Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    o0kody0o wrote: »
    Hi everyone

I haven’t been very active on MFP lately as I’m really struggling with eating so much cr@p ☹️ I start the day off fine, still weigh out my portions and have a decent dinner with lots of veg, and then night time comes. After dinner I find myself eating biscuits and chocolate and that’s where it gets out of control. I can’t just have 1 or 2, I end up eating a lot. Because of this, I have somehow been maintaining my weight but that’s not my goal right now. I still have approximately 13lbs to lose but I know I won’t lose it if I continue eating this junk. I think stress and boredom has played a part in this. I’ll do my weigh-in tomorrow as always but if anyone has any suggestions/tips for me, it’s much appreciated.

Thanks 😊

Sorry I am in the same boat so not a person that can offer advice.
  • smallhippo1
    smallhippo1 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh in
    Smallhippo1
    Monday
    November week 4
    Pw-179
    Cw-181

Not a good week gutted to have gained 2lbs but its not been a good week at all food wise i dont know what was wrong with me but lost 11 pounds in previous 3weeksof challenge so still happy with the overall 9lbs gone in 4 weeks but I know what I need to do to get back on track for this week.
  • smallhippo1
    Options
    Will i just automatically get added on to December or do I need to register for it?
    Thanks
  • smallhippo1
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    Daily Post Thursday

Track yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise yes PT and OT
    c50ychg1o2k3.jpg
    xezubuwqdf5v.jpg
    Water 189oz
    Goals/comments

Daily Post Friday.

Track yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise OT and PT only stretching and walking Maurice wasn't happy today but that's what happens when you push me beyond my limits yesterday.
    Water 170oz

Saturday
    Track yes
    Calories maybe over by a few 100
    Exercise no
    Water 166oz

Well done on the arm improvements, sometimes it's the little accomplishments that really matter. Sounds like your on the right track and don't worry about the dominos sounds like you deserved a little treat. Hope you have another lovely day today 💐
  • smallhippo1
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Question of the week:

As I'm traveling this week and I keep thinking about how my choices are currently affecting my goals (not that I'm near my scale at the moment), but it has me thinking about this upcoming Thanksgiving week for our US friends, so my question is this: How will you fit Thanksgiving into your goals? Will you prepare some lower calorie options? Will you take the day and enjoy your time with family and friends and get back to the plan Friday? And for our friends outside the US, you can use think of it in terms of another holiday like Christmas for example.

I already had Thanksgiving with my family before I left, and we made it Keto because most of us eat that way, I am currently in Vegas with my hubby and I'm still eating Keto, but I did abandon my fasting schedule as I was feeling a bit jet lagged after the 3 hour flight, however, still eating Keto and actually not eating a lot, so all in all, I'm feeling good about my choices so far. My Thanksgiving this week will be Keto and I will be getting back to my regular fasting schedule, and I am choosing this and I chose to share my goals with my mother in law so she would be on board, she knows how hard I've worked to achieve my goals and she's already went shopping to get the things I like to have while fasting and asked me what she could prepare for Thanksgiving that I'd be comfortable eating.

I realize that what I do is extreme, and no one should feel bad about indulging on Thanksgiving, it is after all ONE day, and if we keep our indulgences limited in that respect, we will still reach our goals.

I'm off the the hotel gym, then to my massage and pedicure! Super excited.

Sounds like your having a lovely time I would love to go to vegas!

So good that your family are supportive of your goals I'm in the UK so no thanksgiving here but at Christmas I will come off plan for 3 days Christmas eve,Christmas day and boxing day as i know realistically i will over indulge during those 3 days but I will be right back on it on the 27th December.
  • karsei01
    karsei01 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Karsei01
    November Wk 4

SW:249,1
    Swnov:249,1
    PW: 245.8 CW: 244.7
    Loss last week: 1.1
    Loss nov: 4.4
    Loss Total: 4.4

A loss is a loss.
    Strugling to find the deep motivation. I work a lot (last year I've averaged 60-65 hours/week), an one (out of total four) child is really demanding. (ADHD an Post trauma). His father has been on "holiday" for last year and a half, and the boy is really struggling with emotions and anger. So instead of going all in, I/we just collapses on the couch when the day is over.
  • dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Daily Post - Sunday

Track ✔
    Calories ✔
    Exercise ✔

• LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    Sunday, Nov 25

Track: yes
    Calories: 😳😳😳
    Exercise: 4 mile run and then went to Fort Worth for the Christmas Parade and logged almost 20,000 steps. We met up with 2 of my nursing friends of over 12 years and had a great time of visiting and laughing and entirely too much lemon cake, filet mignon and cheesesteak eggrolls.

But it was my "Thanksgiving" since we're not having one and with all the running I did beforehand and steps walking and shopping and talking, I'm not too bummed. It was too much fun!.
  • LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    This may be TMI, but does anyone else have to deal with chronic constipation? I have already had a colonoscopy and everything is good there. I was told to drink more water and add fiber supplements. I already drink I between. 90 to 130 oz of water and take supplements. I still am only going every 3 or 4 days. Sometimes 5.
    Sorry if this is TMI, but I hope someone else has dealt with this and has some tips or hints. The only good thing about this is when I do go, I lose weight. TIA!
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Hey Slimsons

I’ve decided to withdraw from the challenge as I’m just really struggling at the moment. I’ve not been participating in the daily posts and I’ve just been sort of lurking. I need to find a way to break this junk eating cycle I’m in right now. I feel like I’ve been stuck in this rut for so long now and it’s getting me down. Thank you to everyone for your support. You guys are awesome and I hope you continue to smash your goals 🙌🏻 I hope I’ll be able to rejoin the challenge in the near future but for now, I just need to take a little break.

All the best
    Avril 💕
  • caloricus
    caloricus Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Daily post

Track ✔
    Calories ✔
    Exercise ✔
  • AB0215
    Options
    LadyRN76 wrote: »
    This may be TMI, but does anyone else have to deal with chronic constipation? I have already had a colonoscopy and everything is good there. I was told to drink more water and add fiber supplements. I already drink I between. 90 to 130 oz of water and take supplements. I still am only going every 3 or 4 days. Sometimes 5.
    Sorry if this is TMI, but I hope someone else has dealt with this and has some tips or hints. The only good thing about this is when I do go, I lose weight. TIA!

@LadyRN76 Fun fact. Fiber is always the suggestion for solving constipation, but there is a really great analogy for why I don't understand this. You wouldn't add more cars to the road to improve the traffic scenario so adding bulk isn't necessarily going to solve a problem where bulk is already accumulating and causing a traffic jam....

For me, I don't really have this issue and even when I eat carnivore style and take in no fiber, I don't have this issue so it sort of makes me wonder what really causes constipation, is it what we're eating? Is it that something doesn't agree with us...is it something else? That's really what I think that long term needs to be answered and it may be worth experimenting for yourself.

Having said that, in the mean time, try something like miralax...which is safe to use daily to help, so safe I have to feed it to my cat daily or he can't go. I don't think this is really a long term solution, however it can be done daily with no issue for a length of time if necessary, however I do think that there is probably an underlying reason for the constipation...and you should experiment on yourself to try and find it's root cause. I don't eat carbs and I don't have issues, my mom doesn't eat carbs and has the opposite problem of constipation frequently and..it sort of makes me wonder.
This discussion has been closed.