Replies

• southgirl94
    southgirl94 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Nov Wk 3 - Tues, 11/19

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: 45 min light cardio

I haven’t felt well the last week. I’ve tried to watch what I eat, drinking more water, and I’ve seen a difference in how my clothes fit, sub as my jeans (although it could be I’ve worn them a couple times before I can wash them). Trying to keep it up; I don’t need a two-week bout of bronchitis like I had last spring.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Check-in
    Calories: under,
    Water: 104 oz
    Exercise: walking weights
    Steps Tuesday 11/19 - 13184

• mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Mrsjas2000
    Week 3
    Tuesday’s
    PW 255
    CW 255
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Hi team! I've not been doing the daily updates because I've chosen to take the time that I normally spend on losing weight (logging, reading and commenting in here, working out, showering -yes I shower and bathe a lot less when I don't work out, weighing and measuring, etc. etc etc.) I actually spend several hours of every day in total to things connected to losing weight. When my goal is to lose weight it becomes my driving force. I will watch youtube videos, read articles, all on the subject regarding health. It becomes my full time job. Well having my house fake clean for my son's party (stuff shoved in closets, under the bed and couch) felt good and I am determined to decorate my house as early as possible for Christmas this year so I have spent the entire week "real" cleaning, lol. I've been watching Hallmark channel and have had the TV on while I clean but I've also been baking. Made pumpkin pie from scratch and baked two fresh loaves of bread. I'm just in a festive mood and it's making me happy. During my weight loss journey I do find that I tend to hit a mental wall where I just need a break from obsessing about my weight. I realize I'm at that point again. Also...the fasting I've been doing has led to some binging. When I was doing my half marathon training I never binged. I would have controlled "feast days" where I might eat up to 3000 calories, but that's because my calorie burn from my long run alone might have been around 1200 calories or more. So I've become really good at fasting recently but instead of coming out of it in a controlled manner, I've been basically binging. I blame the carbs. After a fast, I eventually find myself wanting carbs and once I've had one serving of carbs, it's like a landslide. I tell myself, oh, you've eaten carbs, you might as well eat all the carbs you want and then fast again tomorrow. So obviously I've fallen into some unhealthy mindset recently and I'm trying to work my way out of this binge, fast cycle. I do still think fasting is a good thing, but I need to get the eating part under control. Anyways, I'm here, I'm alive. Going to finish out the month with you guys but for December I've decided to join the Cheerleader's team. @AB0215 , please add me to the cheerleader team for December. I need to get my head in order.
  • Kin59vara
    Kin59vara Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Wednesday
    Track; yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: Daily Burn 18082 steps

• o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    143tobe wrote: »
    Hi team! I've not been doing the daily updates because I've chosen to take the time that I normally spend on losing weight (logging, reading and commenting in here, working out, showering -yes I shower and bathe a lot less when I don't work out, weighing and measuring, etc. etc etc.) I actually spend several hours of every day in total to things connected to losing weight

Hi 😊

I haven’t been doing the daily posts much either but I’m determined to get back into it. It all went kind of downhill since my sons birthday on the 14th, when I ate so much cake and junk. I’ve just found it hard to break that cycle. I’m also in a festive mood and I’m really excited about Christmas. I too am planning on completely cleaning out my house and decorating for Christmas. I’m sorry to hear you won’t be on the team for next month, but you know what you need to do and that’s what matters. I’ve been thinking about taking some time out myself but I don’t know if that will end up being a bad thing, so I’ll stay for now. I’ll give it another month and see how it goes.

All the best x

• o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    🌟Daily Post: Tuesday, 19 November

☹️Calories: Over
    Exercise: Approx 2 miles walking
  • dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-in
    November Week 3

PW - 251.8
    CW - 247.8
  • satchel2008
    satchel2008 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Daily post Tuesday
    Track yes
    Carbs on track
    Exercise yes
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: November 19th

Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: 10,600 steps

Somehow I forgot my original weight loss goal. I thought my original goal was to get to 138 lbs. 136 lbs gets my BMI under 25 (getting me to the "normal" category for the first time in many, many years). Soooo....I still have 40 lbs to lose, not 38 like I thought. Oh well. What's two pounds?
  • dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Daily Post - Wednesday

Track ✔
    Calories ✔
    Exercise ✔

Just trying to get to next Thursday. I need some time off.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Wednesday
    Track; yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: walking and weights 11524 steps
  • southgirl94
    southgirl94 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Nov Wk 3 - Wed, 11/20

Calories: Under
    Exercise: 30 minutes walking
  • satchel2008
    satchel2008 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Daily post Wednesday
    Track:yes
    Carbs on track
    Exercise no
  • Kin59vara
    Kin59vara Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Thursday
    Track: yes
    Calories: over
    Exercise: Daily Burn, 13733

Union meeting for vote on a contract.......no raise........health care still a problem......only thing that was accomplished is that they had an incentive for retirement ( get rid of highest-paid workers)....disheartening.... my school has one of the highest ratings in the state in a community that is well-to-do but there is no appreciation for our work....sad... BUT I should not have come home and destroyed my own health routine.
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    GOOD MORNING TEAM SLIMSONS

TODAY'S MOTIVATIONAL TIP IS:
    EMPOWERED EATING OR BECOMING FOOD CONSCIOUS

pp8ackv4j8du.jpg

So some of us are old timers when it comes to changing our mindset on this journey but some of us are newbies.

Well whether or not you're new or old to this way of life, we all need to change our mindset in order to be successful on our personal journey to a new healthy but slimmer body.

So what is being empowered to eat or food conciousness? For those who don't know being food conciousness or being empowered to eat is being aware of what you're eating and asking yourself if you'll be able to continue eating these same foods once you get to a healthier new you. That's it.

Once you become food conciousness even when you cheat (like I did yesterday) you will pause and say okay that was a bad move and then try to do better next time. That's it! No guilt trips or shame. Just us aiming to do better next time. This is a process and it will not happen overnight.

Hope this helps someone ❤
    Have a blessed and productive day!💃🏾💃🏾

-Glorious Gloria
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    Daily Post
    Monday

Track yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise no but did my sitfit app
    Water 140oz ??
    Goals/comments so no one came for PT today but I did do OT in the evening besides my Sitfit app.

Tuesday

Track yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise yes PT and OT for an hour
    Water maybe 170oz
    Goals/comments
    So I'm getting the hang of being here at the Rehab but they have me utilizing a wheelchair 😍

Wednesday
    Track yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise yes so did some PT and OT today
    Water 160oz
    Goals/comments so met another resident who invited me to eat at her table so the good thing in this Rehab is I'm walking a lot more than if I was home. But I did cheat tonight with candy bars but will try to do better tomorrow.
  • caloricus
    caloricus Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Daily post

Track ✔
    Calories ✔
    Exercise ✔

For both Tuesday and Wednesday
  • smallhippo1
    smallhippo1 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Daily post for Wed
    Track yes
    Calories over
    Exercise no

Cancelled exercise class as had to go shopping for something and succumbed to a toasted marshmallow hot choc at Starbucks but new day today
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Hey friends, sorry, I haven't been posting ,but I've been lurking, was sick on Friday, Saturday spent the day with my family, Sunday packed my husband for his work trip to Vegas and this week I've been training hard (peak week) and preparing for my weekend in Vegas with him and also next week we will be heading to NM to visit his mom and grandma so I'll be somewhat MIA for another week. I am trying to get back into posting ,but I have been physically and mentally drained with all these preparations and also I've still been working 60ish hours this week. It's just a lot and I am not handling it as well as I'd like to be. But I will make it. :smile:
This discussion has been closed.