TEAM: Gutbusters (December)

Options

Replies

• looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    @BonnieHosk85 encouraged me to think about a mini-challenge for this week. So I was thinking about something that I really need to work on, and you might too. I tend to graze/snack way too much after dinner, I can easily add 300-500 more calories to my day, that I really don't need. It is not that I am hungry, just a bad habit of sitting down in front of the TV, relaxing from a long day, and mindless eating. This needs to change.

How about if we plan out our evening snack/dessert, and limit it to what you really want that will also fit into your health & calorie goals. For me, I will still have something, but limit it.

Some ideas:
    1 nice piece of dark chocolate o:) (not 1/2 dozen leftover Halloween candy >:) )
    Some mixed berries with a bit of whipped cream
    Cup of rich warm hot chocolate top with some whipped cream or marshmallows
    Cup of frozen yogurt, I really like the Dannon Light & Fit (80 calories), lots of flavors. Just put a few in the freezer, and when ready, take in out for about 30 minutes to soften up some.

Please share your ideas and let me know if you want to do this mini-challenge. <3
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Thanks, @looneycatblue. I will commit to trying not to have anything after dinner, and if I must, to just have a bowl of cheerios with blueberries.

P.S. I woke up at 3:30 this morning. I don't like getting up quite that early on Sundays! LOL! The new recipe sounds great!
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options

How about if we plan out our evening snack/dessert, and limit it to what you really want that will also fit into your health & calorie goals. For me, I will still have something, but limit it.

Please share your ideas and let me know if you want to do this mini-challenge. <3
    @looneycatblue. Great idea. Eating from boredom and emotion are very common. Planning what you want to eat is a useful strategies for helping control this.

As for challenges, I am in.

My plan for most evening is really simple, but not for everyone. For dinner, I can have whatever desert I like (ice-cream, pavlova, cake, etc.., even second helpings if I want), However, once dinner is over, all I can have is water or tea (after years of management, I tailored my preferences to black, no sugar/sweetener - took about 8 months to re-train my preferences).

Because I am not having "eating" snacks, I find, I do not feel the need to eat (I am also not in the habit of eating cookies or any other snacks when drinking tea).

Last night, after dinner, I kept to this plan (walked 5km, but had only water and tea before retiring for the evening).

Suggestion for next week would be mindful evening eating. If you eat something with calories, it must not be while distracted. ie. not in front of the TV, not while at computer, etc.. This way you think and feel about what you are consuming (and why). For those that emotion or comfort eat, this can be a first step to finding alternatives as to how to be kind to oneself when requiring support.
  • BB_1033
    BB_1033 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    @looneycatblue love it! That's a problem of mine as well, except mine is when I'm exhausted and hormonal. So I purposely made sure the only "snacks" in the house, even for my 21 mo old (bc I tend to snack on his bc its convenient lol) is peanuts or smart popcorn, fresh fruit etc.
  • dmfaler
    dmfaler Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes. Raked leaves
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Not sure. Probably a little over. Ate breakfast out so it was hard to know the calories
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    December 9
    Exercised? Yes. Housework
    Calories? Yes
    Tracked? Yes
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    Good morning! Today we’re looking for weigh-ins from:

@audreypawdrey
    @BB_1033
    @Coccolino30 - let's rock this next week! :smile:
    @looneycatblue
    @TheeSunShine75

Please post using this template:
    Username
    December Week 2
    PW:
    CW:
  • BB_1033
    Options
    BB_1033
    December Week 2
    PW 174
    CW 165

😳😳😳 I triple checked. Water weight gone possibly? I certainly don't feel that much smaller or see it. I'm a bit concerned with a huge drop like that. Think it may be time to get checked for diabetes again. I was diligent about my calories this past week and did exercise and/or stay busy so I don't know. I'm sure its gonna go up some in a week or two...hormones haha
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    @BB_1033, wow! I hope you are okay and no diabetes rearing its ugly head for you. :star:
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR WEEK 1 WINNER 1st - RetroJoe28. - 2.55%
    s9ih9u7ckwdb.jpg

AND TO THE SLIMSONS FOR TAKING 1ST PLACE IN WEEK 1!!

December Week 1 is now in the books!

December is a hard month to stay on track. With the holidays, and everyone is busy this time of year, everyone did a great job sticking to the plan despite all of that and as a whole, we are carrying 45.9 less pounds around. Awesome job!!

Below are the full results for Week 1.

The Biggest Loser Is...
    1st - RetroJoe28. - 2.55%
    2nd - Richmondwriter. - 2.45%
    3rd - @dmfaler. - 2.17%

The TEAM Biggest Loser...
    1st - The Slimsons. - 0.67%
    2nd - The Big Butt Theory. - 0.25%
    3rd - Flab-U-Less. - 0.12%

Top 3 Individual % by Team:

The Big Butt Theory
    1st - Richmondwriter. - 2.45%
    2nd - Tinydancer106. - 1.79%
    3rd - FitByFifty1970. - 1.65%

The Slimsons
    1st - RetroJoe28. - 2.55%
    2nd - Mss9675. - 2.15%
    3rd - DebJB30. - 1.63%

Gutbusters :heart:
    1st - @dmfaler. - 2.17%
    2nd - @craigo3154. - 1.82%
    3rd - @MrsRosie111. - 1.09%

Run Track Minds
    1st - SoMum. - 2.11%
    2nd - Jwall309. - 1.56%
    3rd - MissSlimline. - 1.27%

Flab-U-Less
    1st - ToadstoolBetty. - 1.59%
    2nd - Tina9572. - 1.49%
    3rd - Stimpy56. - 1.21%

Individual Top 3 Pounds Lost
    1st - RetroJoe28. - 5.0 lbs.
    2nd - SoMum. - 4.6 lbs.
    3rd - Mss9675. - 4.0 lbs.

Overall Pounds Lost by Team
    The Big Butt Theory - 11.2 lbs.
    The Slimsons - 26.4 lbs.
    Gutbusters - 4.7 lbs. :heart:
    Run Track Minds - -1.7 lbs.
    Flab-U-Less - 5.3 lbs.

Overall Total Lost: 45.9 lbs
  • BB_1033
    Options
    @BB_1033, wow! I hope you are okay and no diabetes rearing its ugly head for you. :star:

I had it with all my pregnancies and it runs in the family but so far have managed to steer clear. I am getting older though haha. I'm hoping it's the yoga I've taken up. Maybe its helped lower cortisol or etc.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    December 8
    Exercised?: Yes (5 km in 41 mins - hills)
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Scale reported a 1.5lb drop this morning. It had not moved since Wednesday last week. I had been keeping to plan the entire week, so I kept faith that it would move eventually. 7 day average is still trending in the right direction.

Very warm (30+C, 85+F), also tired and mentally having a bad day. 41 was the best I could do. However I did get to walk, so I call that as a win.

Enrolled daughter in school for next year. She had a meltdown at the school while there doing the enrolment (she had not been there in over a month). Unless therapy can perform some miracles, I can see her missing the first half of next year. Fortunately she had done enough this year to progress to next year.
  • craigo3154
    Options

1st - @dmfaler. - 2.17%

@dmfaler. @MrsRosie111. Well done for over 1% in a week.

Just a note for everyone. Irrespective of whether you lost or gained in the week, this is marathon, not a sprint. Overall winners for a month tend to be the consistent performers.

Weight does go up an down a lot. Even inside a single day. Rarely will greatest losses (and greatest loss %) be the same each week.

The best thing to learn from this competition is WHAT WORKS FOR YOU and how to stick to plan.

Help and listen to each other. Make a plan that works for you and stick with it. If you find your plan does not work, change the plan and stick with the changed plan.

I am happy to share what works for me. I am also happy to help others in the team. I have quite a bit of history and knowledge as to how to lose weight (and keep it off).
  • dmfaler
    Options
    BB_1033 wrote: »
    BB_1033
    December Week 2
    PW 174
    CW 165

😳😳😳 I triple checked. Water weight gone possibly? I certainly don't feel that much smaller or see it. I'm a bit concerned with a huge drop like that. Think it may be time to get checked for diabetes again. I was diligent about my calories this past week and did exercise and/or stay busy so I don't know. I'm sure its gonna go up some in a week or two...hormones haha

Wow, congratulations! Hope it is not your diabetes but a real loss :)
  • dmfaler
    Options
    Congrats to everyone who had a loss this week. If you didn't, don't worry - it is a new week! This time of year is especially challenging so no gain is a real accomplishmnt.

I really think it is helping me A LOT to be in this group and be accountable. It makes me think twice before mindlessly eating an unhealthy snack or sweet.

Thank you everyone for just being here.

@audreypawdrey - congrats on your loss and good luck on your DietBet. I do find that I have to track every bite I eat or I get derailed. Great job on the exercise!
  • dmfaler
    Options
    craigo3154 wrote: »

1st - @dmfaler. - 2.17%

@dmfaler. @MrsRosie111. Well done for over 1% in a week.

Just a note for everyone. Irrespective of whether you lost or gained in the week, this is marathon, not a sprint. Overall winners for a month tend to be the consistent performers.

Weight does go up an down a lot. Even inside a single day. Rarely will greatest losses (and greatest loss %) be the same each week.

The best thing to learn from this competition is WHAT WORKS FOR YOU and how to stick to plan.

Help and listen to each other. Make a plan that works for you and stick with it. If you find your plan does not work, change the plan and stick with the changed plan.

I am happy to share what works for me. I am also happy to help others in the team. I have quite a bit of history and knowledge as to how to lose weight (and keep it off).

Thank you! Congrats to you too!
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    looneycatblue
    Dec 9, week 2
    PW: 168.4
    CW: 165.6

Down 2.8... making up for my gains the past 2 weeks.
  • audreypawdrey
    audreypawdrey Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    dmfaler wrote: »
    Congrats to everyone who had a loss this week. If you didn't, don't worry - it is a new week! This time of year is especially challenging so no gain is a real accomplishmnt.

I really think it is helping me A LOT to be in this group and be accountable. It makes me think twice before mindlessly eating an unhealthy snack or sweet.

Thank you everyone for just being here.

@audreypawdrey - congrats on your loss and good luck on your DietBet. I do find that I have to track every bite I eat or I get derailed. Great job on the exercise!

Thank you! I am so close, and I am just going to need to focus. This time of year is so hard! I think this group has helped me out a lot too. It is great to have a reminder of our goals and a sense of community commitment!
This discussion has been closed.