Replies

• craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    craigo3154
    December week 2
    PW: 145.7
    CW: 145.1

Progress. Not my lowest weight for the week (144.2), but still in the right direction.

Goal was 2% for the month (SW:148.4), already below that so it's a win for me.

6 month goal is 137.8, so still a long way to go.

You may ask, why is my 6 month goal so conservative (less than 11 lbs from my starting weight)? Why do I think 7.3 lbs is a long way to go for me?

Answer is that I am already in maintenance.

I am a 5"9', 51yo male.

I am a mesomorph (average build) already at a normal BMI (21.5). My optimal performance weight (from the last 2 years) is the low side of a normal BMI (20.4). Losing the last 5 lbs when already close to optimal body size is REALLY hard.
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    @craigo3154 , to me your weight goal sound very low for 5'9" male, but I am assuming that you have been 137.8 before, and you know what feels good to you.

I enjoy reading your posts... actually encouraged me to get out for my morning walk today. It truly does help to better my outlook for the day!
  • looneycatblue
    Options
    @Shalvy2007 Nice Loss!
  • looneycatblue
    Options
    Out of my own curiosity, I would like to know, (only if you feel like sharing), your weight goal and height. I am not sure what my ultimate weight goal is, and would like to get some ideas from you.

Height = 5'5.5"
    Goal Wt = 150 (maybe 145?)
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    @tuddy315, wonderful loss! :star:

@shalvy2007, also a wonderful loss! :star:

@looneycatblue, are you asking everyone or Craig? :smile:
  • looneycatblue
    edited December 2019
    Options

@looneycatblue, are you asking everyone or Craig? :smile:

Everyone :smiley:
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    @looneycatblue, I'm 5'7" and my GW is 165. :smile:

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Cleaning and organizing for 60 minutes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • BB_1033
    BB_1033 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Out of my own curiosity, I would like to know, (only if you feel like sharing), your weight goal and height. I am not sure what my ultimate weight goal is, and would like to get some ideas from you.

Height = 5'5.5"

I'm 5'3
    First goal is 150 (something attainable but a big deal still)
    Ultimate goal is 125-130 ... basically a normal BMI

Right now I'm focusing on "gains" muscle strengthening and growth. That'll ultimately raise your metabolic rate and help burn fat and keep muscle mass you typically lose when loosing weight. Healthy and strong is my checkered flag ❤
  • BB_1033
    Options
    Exercise? Ehh, today was a "rest day" cardio or yoga wise. But my daughter had two chorus concerts today and I kept house clean in between all the back and forth. So basically my body was in constant motion from 6:45am here til honestly now 10:38pm. I'm finally in bed and relaxing lol

Tracked? Yes
    Stayed with in my limit? Yes
  • craigo3154
    Options
    @craigo3154 , to me your weight goal sound very low for 5'9" male, but I am assuming that you have been 137.8 before, and you know what feels good to you.

I enjoy reading your posts... actually encouraged me to get out for my morning walk today. It truly does help to better my outlook for the day!

@looneycatblue. It is low, but yes I have been that weight before (for almost a year). My "danger" weight is anything under (132.3 lbs - 60kg). If I get that low, then I will be seeking medical attention (or my family will be doing it on my behalf).

When I was 48 and 201 lbs (91.5kg), I could not conceive of how I could ever get to 154 (70kg) my competitive skating weight when I was in my 30's. After spending a year under 140 lbs (63.5kg), being near 150 I felt not as good as I should.

Unfortunately, a morning meeting prevented a walk this morning, but still got a 5k walk done after dinner.

Height = 5'5.5"

Great goal.

For an average build, a BMI of 22 is an attainable target. Anything less than BMI 24 is usually a good target. For 5'5.5" female this is 146.5 (so 145 is good).
    BB_1033 wrote: »

I'm 5'3
    First goal is 150 (something attainable but a big deal still)
    Ultimate goal is 125-130 ... basically a normal BMI

Right now I'm focusing on "gains" muscle strengthening and growth. That'll ultimately raise your metabolic rate and help burn fat and keep muscle mass you typically lose when loosing weight. Healthy and strong is my checkered flag ❤

Building strength does help with increasing metabolism and future weight loss. I could write pages on this though :)

For 5'3" female BMI 24 is 135.5 . BMI 22.5 is 127.

150 is a great first goal.

Remember, all this is predicated on an average build (mesomorph). If you are an endomorph (heavy build), then ideal BMI is closer to 24, even 24.9. If you are ectomorph (slim build), then an ideal BMI is closer to 21.

Lastly: Irrespective of what the numbers say your end target could be, set a target you REALISTICALLY BELIEVE you can reach. Only once you reach (or are really close to) a target you BELIEVE you could make, then you can adjust the target based on your current circumstance.

No sense in setting a target based on scientific numbers that you do not BELIEVE. Science numbers are taken on a large statistical average. No one is truly average. There are always people below or above the average, sometime by a large margin.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    December 10
    Exercised?: Yes (5 km in 39 mins - hills)
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Cooler temperatures again today. Managed to just beat 39 mins today for the 5km. Walked after dinner, but before business meeting.

Tough day for me today. Got a lot done, but not in a sustainable way. Will need to plan a recovery type weekend this weekend. Just at a loss as to what to plan.
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    jj87forbm7w5.jpg

Good morning! Today we’re looking for weigh-ins from:

@craigo3154 - nice loss! :star:
    @dmfaler
    @GLouis4
    @inshapeCK
    @mygoal1993
    @Tickie99

Please post using this template:
    Username
    December Week 2
    PW:
    CW:
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    December 11
    Exercised? Yes, just keeping active with housework, cooking and cleaning
    Calories? Yes
    Tracked? Yes
  • BB_1033
    Options
    @craigo3154 Oh I know ty though 😁 ... I'm going off my body type and my average before I had 3 csections.
  • Tickie99
    Tickie99 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Tickie99
    December Week 2
    PW: 190.3
    CW: 187

Height: 5'6
    Goal Weight: 150-145
  • tuddy315
    tuddy315 Posts: 11,331 Member
    Options

Height = 5'5.5"

I'm 5'3" and my goal is to be at 150. We'll see where it goes from there.
  • dmfaler
    dmfaler Posts: 56 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    dmfaler
    December week 2
    PW: 153
    CW:151

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 30 min elliptical, 20 min lower and core

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? No

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? No

Congrats @Shalvy2007 !
  • dmfaler
    Options

Height = 5'5.5"

I am 5' 3" and my ultimate goal is 129 (I am small boned). I would probably be happy at 135 since I am 62 years old but we will see...
  • dmfaler
    Options
    Tickie99 wrote: »
    Tickie99
    December Week 2
    PW: 190.3
    CW: 187

Height: 5'6
    Goal Weight: 150-145

Nice loss - congrats!
  • dmfaler
    Options
    craigo3154 wrote: »
    craigo3154
    December week 2
    PW: 145.7
    CW: 145.1

Progress. Not my lowest weight for the week (144.2), but still in the right direction.

Goal was 2% for the month (SW:148.4), already below that so it's a win for me.

6 month goal is 137.8, so still a long way to go.

You may ask, why is my 6 month goal so conservative (less than 11 lbs from my starting weight)? Why do I think 7.3 lbs is a long way to go for me?

Answer is that I am already in maintenance.

I am a 5"9', 51yo male.

I am a mesomorph (average build) already at a normal BMI (21.5). My optimal performance weight (from the last 2 years) is the low side of a normal BMI (20.4). Losing the last 5 lbs when already close to optimal body size is REALLY hard.

Congrats on your loss!
This discussion has been closed.