Replies

• sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,448 Member
    Options
    Check in Monday 31st
    Food: not logged but on target
    Water: 64 oz
    Exercise: Rest day

I had a good day yesterday. My cold is improving. I decided to take a rest day since it was damp and cold. I thought that it probably was a good idea to stay in by the fire. Today it is colder but dry at least. I really am excited to walk up to and hopefully on the beach. If it is too cold or windy, I will walk on the promenade. It is like a boardwalk but paved. I guess that is why they call it that? I am not going to push it, I just want to see what I can do since I couldn't do much last summer. I also have to do my PT and stretches. I can't miss them more than one day or I can feel it. We have a quiet night planned. We are going to go to dinner, watch the fireworks at 8 and then just hang at home. I feel better but just can't imagine being out tonight. We have been eating out a lot but I have been making good choices, mostly soup. Hope everyone has a nice finish to 2019!
    @Freeglerock It looks like you are really enjoying that bike! You have been doing awesome with it! You are going to look back on that hill and remember how hard it was at first to go up. Hope you have a Happy New Year! You will be there before most of us! xoxo
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    6vlvb2gmwij4.jpeg
    Happy New Year's Eve everyone :)
  • CassieGetsFit2013
    CassieGetsFit2013 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,

I'm not the type to pray or the one who really asks for prayers, but we could really use some now. My Mom went to the ER earlier this morning and they're admitting her. She was recently diagnosed with stage 2 Lymphedema. The wound Dr. Gave her a chance to take care of them on her own, but they just kept getting worse and worse! She's struggled taking care of them on her own, with the help of her BF, me, and my Sister, but they just kept getting worse. 😔 She was afraid to get admitted cause she's so worried how everyone will get to where they need to go cause she's the main driver for everyone! Everyone told her not to worry, we will figure things out, but we all wanted her to be in the Hospital cause she'll get the best care that she really needs so her legs can heal and so that she can feel much better. Thanks everyone!
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Monday check in

Food - logged & on target
    Water - 1.5 l
    Exercise - 4 k steps

Another low key day yesterday. Today and tomorrow are quiet as well, then I am back to busy. My older son was playing at an away hockey tournament this weekend. He is a goalie, which is one of the safer hockey positions, believe it or not. Well yesterday, he caught a very fast slapshot with his right blocker hand. It was so fast, it drove the glove seam into his finger, causing a gash and he needed to leave the game to get stitches. It was a freak thing, and my guy was more upset about leaving the game than getting his finger stitched up. He is doing ok, but I had to change the dressings a bunch of times already. Being a hockey mama is not for the faint of heart!!

@GingerPwr - Happy 1 year anniversary! You did great this year and we are so happy to have you here!

@jedaschultz - Amazing loss! You did great over the holidays!

@twyla77 - Amazing loss too and also over the holidays!

@hope002 - You are a fasting champion! That post fast meal looks yummy!

@sleepymom5 - Hope that you are enjoying the shore! I am giving my applewatch rings a break for today & tomorrow!

@nstephenson01 - I have an air fryer, but bought one that is a toaster oven/ convection oven/air fryer combo. I don’t cook with a lot of frying, so I have only used it a few time. It is nifty though. Walking & running in the snow are my favorite things to do!

@tryingagain5 - Great day yesterday! So glad your back is feeling better!

@lennoncpa - Oh my, why did somebody give you nuts! They probably don’t understand your struggle with them. I like @jugar’s advice.

@jugar - I cannot wait for the new month to start, it is going to be a great month and year!

@freeglerock - Sounds like you had a lovely day yesterday! Love that bike ride! Mmm, trifle!

• Cafelelia
    Options
    tikbdnslride.gif

2020 is coming soon!! Let’s think about what our goals will be!!
  • Cafelelia
    Options
    @CassieGetsFit2013 - Our posts must have gone up at the same time. I am so sorry about your mom. I am praying for her, you and your entire family. Big hugs to you
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    I am checking in on my phone if the picture is different. I did ok with my walk. I did 30 min and I went 1.85 miles. I am happy about that but at the end I was hobbling a little. I wasn’t in pain but I was aware of my hip if that makes sense. It was high tide so I didn’t walk in the beach. I think I am going to stick to the pavement this trip as I don’t want to take my chances on the uneven sand.

@Cafelelia What a freak accident for your son! I am glad he is ok. Enjoy the quiet time while you can!
    @cassiegetsfit2013 I will keep your Mom and all of you in my prayers. I hope she is better soon. Xo
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 12/31 check in
    Food: logged and just a little over
    Water: 64 oz
    Exercise: none

We had a lot of wind, snow and ice last night. It took me 10 minutes to get everything off my car before I could leave work this morning. I went and got my lab work done after work. It wasn't busy so I pretty much got in and out quickly.

I slept for several hours after I got home.
    I was able to see the results of my bloodwork online. It looked like everything was good with the exception of my iron level. My doctor's office called me to say they had gone over the results and it showed my iron was low and I possibly have mild anemia. They want me to get some more bloodwork done so they can do some more tests to figure out why. This one is non-fasting. I plan on going Friday after work. My doctor's appointment was changed again and is now Friday the 10th. I was planning on asking the doctor about my iron level since every time I go to give blood they tell me my iron is on the lower side of normal. I'm wondering now if some of my being tired is the low iron level and not just the 3rd shift schedule.

I don't have to work tonight since it's the holiday for 3rd. We go back tomorrow night. I have no plans tonight and will probably go to bed long before midnight.

• tryingagain5
    Options
    @sleepymom5
    Sometimes I don't have supper until 6 or after so I don't have too much trouble with eating later in the evening but my days and nights are backwards.

@Cafelelia
    I hope your son heals quickly.

@CassieGetsFit2013
    Hugs and prayers for your mom and family.
  • Cafelelia
    edited January 2020
    Options
    wcv7aupjgm4u.jpeg
  • Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    Good news..... the trifle is now finished!
    Bad news...... I ate it from the trifle bowl at 2am this morning after a little too much wine!🙈
  • Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    @tryingagain5 Fab loss, well done! You are doing so well
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    Good news..... the trifle is now finished!
    Bad news...... I ate it from the trifle bowl at 2am this morning after a little too much wine!🙈

Don't beat yourself up. It never helps and for me causes more issues. It's done and over with now. Do your best to eat healthier options today.😃 But also make room for treats once in a while.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @tryingagain5 Fab loss, well done! You are doing so well

Thanks! So are you, you'll be back in onederland soon!
This discussion has been closed.