Replies

• Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone!!!!
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Happy new year everyone! Well I doubt my weigh in for Saturday will be good, I'm sure I'll be up a few, probably to 191. I've been eating between 1200 and 1600 calories since Sunday but for me to lose, I need to stick to under 1200. Plus it's that TOM. So I do not have high hopes for Saturday lol. But I am going to make sure I stick to 1100 to 1200 today tomorrow and Friday.

My goals for 2020: to keep doing what I've been doing the past 2 months that has caused me to drop about 12 pounds. I hope to lose 10 more pounds by June and then 10 more by the end of the year. And if I that doesn't happen, then I hope to stay in the 180s.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,448 Member
    Options
    Check in for Tuesday 12/31
    Food-didn't log and over from drinking
    Water-over 64 oz
    Exercise-30 min walk, PT and stretching

Happy New Year!! I don't know why my computer isn't loading my pics since yesterday. I had a nice little New Years pic but this will have to do.

I have been eating really well lately even with going out. I am starting to really be in tune with my hunger scale and stopping when I am satisfied. I have a quiet day planned today. I am going to do another 1/2 hour walk. Then just a quiet day at the shore. I will probably read and relax for the most part. Hope everyone enjoys the first day of the new year! :smile:

@pacsnc6 What nice activities for this time of year. You have to keep us updated with the puzzle progress. I am still looking for a pool to join water aerobics. I am not having much luck. I find the pools but they want me to join the gyms too.
    @GingerPwr Sounds like a nice end to 2019. I am sure most of us need a reset too lol! We are on this thread until the week is through. We are finishing out Dec. We will post the January thread soon so we can go over and introduce ourselves.
    @tryingagain5 What an awesome weigh in! Good bye 190s!! It is so funny how different our weather is. No ice or snow yet this year for us. The iron level could definitely be contributing to you being tired.
    @phoebe112476 Not a bad weigh in at all considering! Thanks for sharing your progress for Dec and 2019. You really are an inspiration!
    @Freeglerock Awesome weigh in! You will be in onderland before you know it! You made me lol about the Trifle. I could see me doing the same thing! No worries-new day, new year, clean slate!
    @Mrsbell8well Happy New Year! I hope you are feeling better and are able to enjoy the celebrations!
    @Zumba_Luvah This is a tough time of year. Sounds like you have good goals going into the new year! You got this!!
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    irp8br95edz6.jpeg

Happy New Year Everyone!! It’s a new decade, new year, new month & new day! Wishing all of you the very best!! It’s also a leap year, so one extra day to be awesome!!

The January challenge starts on Sunday and we will post the link the the January thread as soon as it is up!!
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year
    @sleepymom5 The pool I go to is in a city owned recreation center. I have a membership card ($20 a year) and have to pay for the sessions too. As a city resident the cost is about $2.50. All the gyms I checked into do not have a pool.
    I am down 4 pounds from last New Years so am happy but wish it was more. I am down 14+ from my high about three years ago. I know I get lazy at times and need to move more. It is so easy to get involved in a book or movie and just stay in the chair for hours!
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year Team Weight No More!!

I'm still working on my 2020 goals. I have a few ideas but haven't formulated how I will reach them.

Check in for the last day of the year & decade:
    Exercise: Woke up super cranky for some reason. Took the dogs out for a 6 mile hike and was so happy to be able to finish the year with a nice outing. There was no one else out and about so it was very quiet and peaceful. Being out in the woods changed my mood around. I took down the Christmas tree and some of the decorations. Since I put up the tree a little later than usual it felt too soon but what's done is done. Steps for the day were 19,957 and I'm grateful to finish the year with a hike.
    Food: good for the early part of the day but we won't talk about the afternoon/evening
    Water: Great... lost track after 80 oz

Hubby is from the south so its customary to make black-eyed peas, cornbread, etc. on New Year's Day for good luck so today will be a food-filled day but back to normal tomorrow!

@Cafelelia Hocky is indeed a rough sport. I never really considered the goalie being a safer position as the puck is always headed their way. Hope your son heals quickly.

@sleepymom5 beautiful beach and I have to add... your hair looks gorgeous. As a curly haired girl, beach air turns my hair into a frizzy hot mess!

@GingerPwr So happy you stuck with us!

Nice losses @freeglerock & @tryingagain5. Way to end the year!!

@CassieGetsFit2013 prayers to you, your mom and your family.

Welcome @lburch!
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year and new you to all of us😀
  • twyla77
    twyla77 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    happy new year, everyone!
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5
    Thanks! I was surprised but pleased the scale was down that much. The weather was sunny but cold today. It will be interesting to find out if my iron level is what's causing the tiredness. Great job on keeping in tune with your hunger scale and stopping eating when you feel full. I know that's a hard thing to do. It's something I need to work on.

@pacsnc6
    Great job on your loss over the year. It doesn't matter if it was "only 4 pounds" Any loss or maintain is wonderful. Keep up the good work. If you don't feel like doing an intense workout, maybe try to get some movement in while watching TV. There are workouts you can do while seated, then you don't have to get up off the couch. This summer I had a couple of weeks where I wasn't allowed to exercise because I had a couple of stitches in my leg for a biopsy. I googled "seated workouts" and found a lot of different ones to try. The one I picked really gave me a good workout all without leaving my couch.

@lburch
    Welcome!

@nstephenson01
    Thanks! I'm glad for the loss. Now to keep up the motivation for new year. I'm still working on figuring out some goals too. I plan on continuing with the ones I've already made but want to add one or two extra.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    Wednesday 1/1/20 check in

Happy New Year everyone!

Food: logged and about 100 calories over
    Water: 64 oz
    Exercise: 50 minutes high intensity workout at home

I had planned on going to bed early last night. I started watching a TV show and fell asleep before it was over. I know I fell asleep sometime between 9:30 and 10 and woke up just before midnight, then went to bed. I woke up just before 3 AM, not sure why I woke up but my power was out. A few minutes later the power company called giving me an estimated time of 5:45 for the power to come back on. I couldn't get back to sleep so I ended up just playing on my phone for a while, couldn't do anything else without power and it was warm staying under the covers. The power came back on at 5:30 so I got up then. I don't know why the power went out. I've lived here a long time and it's only gone out maybe 3 other times. Years ago I found a high intensity style workout online and did that this morning. It was 50 minutes and it burned 330 calories.

I have to work tonight so I slept most of the afternoon so I"ll be able to stay awake tonight.

Hope everyone has a good night!

• sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,448 Member
    Options
    @Cafelelia I didn't know it was a leap year! Love that post! Happy New Year!
    @pacsnc6 It never occurred to me to check our township recreation department. No pool though. I am going to join the YMCA as a program member. I am glad that you enjoy the water aerobics so much. It is easy to fall into sedentary activities this time of year. That is a good loss for the year. Slow and steady! Better than all the years I have gained.
    @lburch I kinda feel like I did the same thing as you this year although I didn't plan it that way. I have done the restrictive and beating myself route too many times and failed. I am with you. It is important to give yourself grace and keep moving forward! What awesome goals you have! We will help keep that Tina behaving! Lol! I think you are going to be an awesome addition to our team!
    @nstephenson01 Sounds like a nice way to end the year. Dinner tonight sounds good too. Enjoy! I got sushi! I never get it but not much was open down here so I got sushi and my husband got a hoagie. Thanks for the compliment on my hair, this time of year it is good. When it is hot and humid my hair does the opposite of yours, it just flattens against my head lol!
    @tryingagain5 I love that post! We all need to remember that! That is crazy about the power. Ours doesn't go out often. I wonder if there was an accident or ice near you. I am glad it went back on before it got too cold. Good luck at work tonight.
    @lennoncpa Happy New Year! Let's make 2020 our year!
    @twyla77 Happy New Year Twyla! Hope 2020 is your best year yet!
  • phoebe112476
    phoebe112476 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Two intentions I have for the new year: find another yoga studio I love nearby this new house and resume my monthly budgeting. No weight loss intentions since this is just my new life style, but I will keep on towards my goal of another 5-10 pound of loss in the next several months.

To meet my new yoga goal - I have been looking at new yoga studios and found one 2 blocks (yes 2 blocks) from my house. I will try in next month. In the meantime, I went to a new studio about 13 minutes drive away that I really enjoyed today. I am planning to use them for a while and then try this super close place. I am finding that I falling back in love with Yoga. I have been taking the classes at a local fitness center and they are fine. But I love classes at the yoga studios so much better. The ambiance and focus on peaceful setting is such a large part of it for me, apparently.

Now I am off to stop procrastinating looking at my January budget. Happy New Year team.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @sleepymom5
    Yes, we (I) do. That's why I posted it. My trainer always believes that I can do more than I think I can but I don't always believe him but do at least try to do what he thinks I can do. Most of the time he's right.

The automated call from the power company didn't say why the power was out but I could see a neighborhood near mean that did have power. I looked up my county and there were about 1800 homes without power so I'm guessing it may have had something to do with ice. The condo complex where I live has the power lines underground, which is why the power doesn't go out much. The other times was from a really bad thunderstorm and a couple of times from accidents where someone hit a transformer.
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    Wednesday weigh in

Username GingerPwr
    PW 149
    CW 150

It's actually down from the weekend.

Soooooo yesterday the hubs and I had a very long talk about whether or not to separate. We've decided to spend this year rebuilding ourselves, becoming better as individuals. He's not moving out... yet... but this is going to be one very long, very intense year.

My big goal for myself is to just focus on what I can control, and a big part of what I can control is my diet and exercise. With everything else spiraling around me, the bare necessities of sustenance and activity are going to be my anchors for the near future.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Wednesday check in

Food - logged on target
    Exercise - total rest day
    Water - 2l

All of our guests left by noon yesterday, and I just rested. We all rallied around my MIL for the entire holiday and she is now feeling strong enough to start to build her new normal. I am getting cleaners in at my house today, which feels like a nice thing to do for the new year. While hockey is back on for our boys, my husband is handling most of it. So I am really taking these next few days to try to be still and reflect, which I really need to do more often. Older son is healing well from his injury and is back to playing with a bit of extra protection for his hand. His goalie coaches had seen that type of injury before, but confirmed it was kind of a freak accident. Goalie is the safest position because players are not allowed to body check, trip or touch the goalies in any way. It is those body checks in particular that cause the most serious injuries (think American football tackles). Yes, the pucks are flying at the goalie, but their protective gear is extensive.

@GingerPwr - I am sorry about your relationship difficulties, but it sounds like the two of you can at least communicate and it is good to take the time to figure things out. Whatever happens, I hope that you are ok and come through this stronger. You are right that you may not be able to control everything around you, but you can focus on yourself, practice self-care and make as many healthy choices as you can.

@tryinagain5 - We had power go out for a bit too. The temperatures have been warmer than usual here, but there were a few days of wind and rain. Our outage lasted only about an hour, but it was a pain nonetheless.

@phoebe112476 - Great goals for the new year!! Let us know how it goes with at your new yoga studio!

@nstephonson01 - Amazing number of steps and what a great way end the year!

@lburch - Welcome to the team and I love your goals!! I am an injured runner and have done a few half marathons. You are well on your way to that half marathon goal. When and where are you planning to run that race?

@pacsnc6 - You are doing great and can lose even more this year!

• lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I’m watching a show on how to keep your healthy resolutions. It has a list of 5 things and here it is: t7kbb1j2clvl.jpeg

I do almost all of those the wrong way - maybe I should pay attention to these tips!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.