General Discussion

Options

Replies

• Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,244 Member
    Options
    I think I am about to break... Like, I am pretty sure I am having a panic attack at the moment.

Took my car in for an oil change and to have them check on another issue. Both rear struts are snapped. Which means they have to be replaced right away as it is not safe to drive. $1500... which I have but it will need to come out of savings which just kills me to do. Just as I think life is getting easier, something like this happens.
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Took Boyfriend to have his COVID test, and now we wait to hear the results in 1-2 days. Whee. I don't think he has it, and we've both been double vaxed, so any case he has will probably be minimal, but Girlfriend already has lung issues so we do NOT want to accidentally pass it to her. Or, you know, to our elderly parents.

Because we needed something else to worry about. (roll eyes)
  • mytempleisloved
    mytempleisloved Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm new to groups. Looking through them to see where I might fit. This is day 3 for me and I need to lose 200+ pounds. I'm also 60+ years old. I cooked a lot of protein and veggies last night so that I would not have any excuses to go get take-out or fast-food. Had one meal today. Mostly veggies and about a 40 oz. baked pork chop. Today, I am craving something sweet. What do you do to get rid of your sweet tooth?
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    I'm new to groups. Looking through them to see where I might fit. This is day 3 for me and I need to lose 200+ pounds. I'm also 60+ years old. I cooked a lot of protein and veggies last night so that I would not have any excuses to go get take-out or fast-food. Had one meal today. Mostly veggies and about a 40 oz. baked pork chop. Today, I am craving something sweet. What do you do to get rid of your sweet tooth?

see you found your way in here! welcome!

And I think you mean 4 ounce? 40 ounce would be like... an entire pork loin probably I think LOL ;)

Is there any reason you are only eating one meal a day or is that just all you have eaten so far? thats not much food for an ONLY meal.
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    NerdyScienceGrl Posts: 669 Member
    Options

Welcome! I was never a huge sweets person, but I have found that certain fruits are satisfying when I have one. I also will do things like, apples/bananas with some nut butter, sprinkle some low cal chocolate chips on top and top with a little honey.

I also use this cake in a cup recipe: https://jenniferbanz.com/keto-mug-cake
    And spruce it up with fresh fruit or chocolate.
  • mytempleisloved
    Options
    Callsit,
    Yes you are right. It's was a 4oz pork chop. I don't typically eat breakfast. My first meal is usually around 1pm unless I have to go to my part-time job (3 days a week). On work days, I eat around 11am. I'm trying so hard to do this. I hope that I can find a way to eat so that I will not end up binging. to be honest, I could eat some more right now. I do feel a little hungry. I'm going to take Nerdy's advice and go look for a piece of fruit/cup or eat a Jell-O cup. I am really trying to figure out what will work for me - that I can stick to for the long haul. I do have a sugar addiction.
  • mytempleisloved
    Options
    Nerdy, thanks for the advice. See my post to Callsitlikeiseeit. I appreciate the feedback.
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,784 Member
    Options
    Sugar cravings do diminish if you ride them out...

If you don't feel able to ride them out, I'd choose something like a couple of squares of good quality dark chocolate, where a little goes a long way. Or something naturally sweet, like fresh fruit, a couple of dates, a measured amount of dried fruit and unsalted nuts.
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    edited September 2021
    Options
    I’m feeling this today —

gol7o70xesud.gif

I’m hungry and would eat anything - the dangerous, eat drywall kinda hungry 😂 …tired too. Not sure why. I don’t normally eat this time of day but already had a protein bar and pistachios.

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,618 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Maybe something bulky would help? Vegetables? with a little something to add flavour?
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    Options
    I’m stuck in a meeting unfortunately so only have things in my office to eat for now. Luckily it’s almost over cuz I’m headed toward hangry.

Calories may have to go out the window today — I have a high cal dinner planned but my body seems to think it needs fed now.
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    My biggest success has been keeping my weight loss stable within 2-3 lbs. through the pandemic and accompanying craziness. I’ve never maintained a stable weight for an entire year before!
    I’ve logged every day. I can easily maintain at 1700 calories but deficit will be in the 1200 range because I’m old and short so there’s not much leeway.
    My challenge is getting motivated enough to lose the last 25 lbs. when the doctor is happy and I can maintain without too much effort. But I’d just like to reach the goal I’ve set for myself. It’s basically a head game now.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,618 Member
    Options
    Let's do it, Yoolypr. I'm kind of in the same boat - where I am at now is acceptable - but I want to reach my goal!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Me three!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,611 Member
    Options
    She sounds good and competent Alexandra!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    It’s getting lonely out here! Where did everyone go? Is it MFP? Is it me?
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    Yooly I was wondering exactly the same! I hate it when everyone goes quiet...
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Yeah - like where is my support system? Miss hearing from everyone. Thank goodness Bella that you haven’t bailed out. It’s getting to be chocolate bunny/ jelly bean season and I need some external scaffolding. 🐇🍫🍭🍬!!!
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    The daily check-in here is one of my defensive layers and when it feels like I’m checking in just with myself I really feel the absence of the external support. I’ll be here every day to shore up your willpower and resolve Yooly!