TEAM: The Slimsons (January)

Options

Replies

• AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone this is my 3rd month with the slimsons. December didnt go at all toplan and i ended up 5lbs heavier bathe endnofbit but woth Christmas and other family/work stuff going on I got way off track.

2020 is the year i will do this starting out at 186lns this month my aim is to lose 8 exercise at least 3 times a week and check in here daily.

Good luck to all my old and new teammates we can do this!

@smallhippo1 Welcome back! Up 5 lbs during December isn't too bad considering that a lot of people gain much more than that. I think your goals for January are awesome! You got this.
  • WMEJA
    WMEJA Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    WMEJA wrote: »
    AB0215 wrote: »
    WMEJA wrote: »
    Hello Ashley,
    My name is Wendy. I am on your team, SLIMSONS. I just want to start off by saying how excited I am to be part of your team. I know that I just sent you a message but, I am wondering, if it is not too late, if can change my weigh in day to Saturday. I like to see where I stand at the end of the week so that I can change things for the following week if that makes sense. I already weighed myself today. Thank you for your time.
    Wendy
    @WMEJA Hi Wendy.
    I can change your weigh in day to Saturday, only word of caution is if you post late it might not be counted for the week because I tend to do the week endings Sunday mornings. However, it's not a problem otherwise, I like weighing on Saturday too, but I have other reasons for it.

@AB0215

Hello Ashley,

I usually weigh myself on Sunday mornings so, I would do the same thing for Saturday morning but maybe before I eat next time. I can do either day but at least on Saturday I am more likely to do it on time if I weigh myself on Saturday morning right? I do worry about posting on time. Anyway, thank you.
    Have a nice day.

Wendy

@WMEJA Maybe we keep it Sunday for this month and decide if you want to change to Saturday for next month, for consistency's sake.

Okay maybe that's a good idea. It works out because that way I will have to worry about being late posting my weight since I am weighing in at the beginning of the week. I will try it.. I mean that is my usual day anyway so, I will keep it that way. Thank you. 😊🙂
  • AB0215
    Options
    osier5 wrote: »
    Hi, Slimsons! This is my first month doing a challenge. I'm 47 with 2 "adult" children (21 and 19) and a 15 year old. I'm currently in grad school and working full time. The stress/anxiety has been intense. I've been overweight for most of my adult life. I committed to living a healthier life (mentally and physically) in July 2018 and have lost 75 pounds but I have 25 pounds to go. I spent 5 months of last year off track but have been diligent since October. I joined this challenge because I really want to hit my goal and I'm hoping being accountable to this team will keep me on track.

@osier5 Welcome!! I think it's extremely hard sometimes to stay on track when there is constant pressure everywhere to eat and drink all the time and stress doesn't help, it's just really challenging. I've learned that there are ways to overcome the stress and anxiety of daily life and still make better choices, and it's a matter of trial and error sometimes to find something that works for your situation but adding in some meal prep can help so you have healthy choices to eat already made and you're not tempted to grab something easy that isn't healthy when you're stressed or busy.
    Welcome!
  • rissahm139
    rissahm139 Posts: 10 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    rissahm139
    January Week 1
    PW: 273.8
    CW:271.6
  • AB0215
    Options
    rissahm139 wrote: »
    rissahm139
    January Week 1

@rissahm139 We have your scheduled weigh in day as Wednesday, did you want to change it to Sunday/
  • SammyDee2015
    SammyDee2015 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Sammydee2015
    January Week 1 (sun 5th)
    PW: 192.8
    CW:188.8
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    Sammydee2015
    January Week 1 (sun 5th)

mhho54c4vqyn.png
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    rissahm139 wrote: »
    rissahm139
    January Week 1

4cru5wso26t1.png
  • AB0215
    Options
    Sammydee2015
    January Week 1 (sun 5th)

@SammyDee2015 Awesome job!
  • gridirongrrl
    gridirongrrl Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Great start to the month everyone! Looks like a lot of our Sunday weigh in folks had great numbers! Congrats to you all!!
  • smallhippo1
    smallhippo1 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Well done to everyone with a loss today!

Daily check in
    Calories-yes
    Track-yes
    Exercise- not today
    At work all day so no exercise today. Weigh in tomorow so looking forward to januarys fresh start.
  • dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Daily Post - Sunday

Track ✔
    Calories ❌
    Exercise ✔

Strange hearing myself saying this, but I'll be glad to get back to school tomorrow. I need to get back to my regular routine. Being home all day in the winter rain is messing me up. All I want to do I eat out of boredom.
  • WMEJA
    WMEJA Posts: 652 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Daily Post: Sunday January 5
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: No
    I have two goals for today. My first goal is to track all the calories I am consuming and my second goal is to rest. I usually rest on Sundays and exercise on the other days. But, I never take a rest from tracking food that I eat.
  • KT4everFree
    KT4everFree Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Sunday
    Calories: good
    Exercise: yes
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Calories: Sort of, ate more than I wanted to but still under where I needed to be.
    Exercise: Yes 1 hour treadmill
  • SammyDee2015
    SammyDee2015 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Sun)
    Track: Yup!
    Calories: under by quite a bit. Feel guilty but meh.
    Exercise: 10km on the treadmill.
  • RetroJoe28
    RetroJoe28 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Calories: Under but to close for comfort
    Exercise: Yes 2 mile run
    Steps: 8688
  • 2bemybest
    2bemybest Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Daily check in:
    Daily check in yes
    Calories-yes
    Track-yes
    Exercise- yes 75 min yoga

Lots of cleaning today too so on my watch says I burned
    602 move calories, 153 exercise minutes
    Nice!

Love seeing all these successful weigh ins! Go team!
    Kathy

• southgirl94
    southgirl94 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Jan Wk 1 - Sun, 1/5

CW: 177.6
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: 43 minutes of cardio
  • schlerin
    schlerin Posts: 801 Member
    Options