Options

Replies

• KT4everFree
    KT4everFree Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    KT4everFree
    CW-218.4

Hi all,
    I was on this team last month and I managed to get through December with a lose,😁,very happy with that. But did not reach my weight lose goal for the month. I did stick to my newly established goal of exercise 4x week.

I’m going to add another class to the rotation,this will make it 5 days at the gym a week as my new January goal. I’m a bit scared about it but what the heck.

I’d like to get to 210 by February and not just track but pre- plan each day the night before. When I actually put my eating plan down the night before I eat much more healthy.

All the best for a healthy 2020!
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    WMEJA wrote: »
    Hello Ashley,
    My name is Wendy. I am on your team, SLIMSONS. I just want to start off by saying how excited I am to be part of your team. I know that I just sent you a message but, I am wondering, if it is not too late, if can change my weigh in day to Saturday. I like to see where I stand at the end of the week so that I can change things for the following week if that makes sense. I already weighed myself today. Thank you for your time.
    Wendy
    @WMEJA Hi Wendy.
    I can change your weigh in day to Saturday, only word of caution is if you post late it might not be counted for the week because I tend to do the week endings Sunday mornings. However, it's not a problem otherwise, I like weighing on Saturday too, but I have other reasons for it.
  • osier5
    osier5 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    osier5
    January Week 1
  • aprillacey2
    aprillacey2 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    aprillacey2
    January week 1
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    batgirl140 wrote: »
    Hi my names Beth, I’m 43. Ive got 2 young sons. I’ve been with the Slimsons for s year but in the last 4 months I’ve slipped back into old habits and have gsined about 20 lbs.

I’m still down about 23 lbs from this time last year so super happy about that but still have a lot to go. I’ve spent the last 2 months under stress and getting crappy broken sleep, I’ve got my hormones all in a mess. Heading to the doctors to look into that but in the mean time I want to reestablish my presence on this feed daily and cut the sugar. I do miss my salads but I’ve gotten lazy again and don’t even want to make myself food. Need to be diligent and get back to it!!

Good luck to everyone!

Welcome back Beth congrats on succeeding with 23lbs down and I know you will succeed in all your goals this month❤
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    Welcome to Our January Challenge!🎉🎊

I saw this post on Facebook group and I thought I'dshare it with you guys as I think it is perfect for this Challenge

🥳Happy and Healthy New Year to you all! Now that we have celebrated all the holidays 🕎🎄🎉, it's time to RECOVER!
    Here are a few tips to help you jump start your New Year.

7 Tips to Help Recover From The Holiday Binge

1️⃣ LOSE THE SHAME!!!🙁➡️🙂

2️⃣ Don't Give Up! Don't let a set back take you off the end goal. 🥅🥇

3️⃣ Write ✏down a list of foods 🍔🍭🍪you overate/ overindulged on

4️⃣ Take those food threats and throw 🚮them away... OUT OF SIGHT + OUT OF MIND!

5️⃣ DRINK WATER 💦FIRST! That can include different flavored sparkling waters and teas⛾ too! The more water you drink = the more weight you lose!

6️⃣ Eat VEGGIES 🥦🥕🍆🥗most in your next few meals.

7️⃣ GET ACTIVE!!! 🤸🏽‍♀️Walk those flights of stairs instead of the elevator/escalator. Do some sort of dedicated exercise 🏋🏼‍♀️ 🏊🏽‍♀️🚴🏼‍♀️for at least 30 minutes a day. A moving body is a losing weight body!!!

***Side note***
    Clean a dedicated space for you in the house that you can 🧘🏽‍♀️meditate/ relax/ 🏋🏽‍♀️exercise.... a space that is specifically for you!

WE GOT THIS!❤
  • WMEJA
    WMEJA Posts: 652 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    WMEJA
    Week 1
    Sunday
    PW: 230.1
    CW: 229.3
  • WMEJA
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    Welcome to Our January Challenge!🎉🎊

I saw this post on Facebook group and I thought I'dshare it with you guys as I think it is perfect for this Challenge

🥳Happy and Healthy New Year to you all! Now that we have celebrated all the holidays 🕎🎄🎉, it's time to RECOVER!
    Here are a few tips to help you jump start your New Year.

7 Tips to Help Recover From The Holiday Binge

1️⃣ LOSE THE SHAME!!!🙁➡️🙂

2️⃣ Don't Give Up! Don't let a set back take you off the end goal. 🥅🥇

3️⃣ Write ✏down a list of foods 🍔🍭🍪you overate/ overindulged on

4️⃣ Take those food threats and throw 🚮them away... OUT OF SIGHT + OUT OF MIND!

5️⃣ DRINK WATER 💦FIRST! That can include different flavored sparkling waters and teas⛾ too! The more water you drink = the more weight you lose!

6️⃣ Eat VEGGIES 🥦🥕🍆🥗most in your next few meals.

7️⃣ GET ACTIVE!!! 🤸🏽‍♀️Walk those flights of stairs instead of the elevator/escalator. Do some sort of dedicated exercise 🏋🏼‍♀️ 🏊🏽‍♀️🚴🏼‍♀️for at least 30 minutes a day. A moving body is a losing weight body!!!

***Side note***
    Clean a dedicated space for you in the house that you can 🧘🏽‍♀️meditate/ relax/ 🏋🏽‍♀️exercise.... a space that is specifically for you!

WE GOT THIS!❤

Thank you! This is very helpful!
  • WMEJA
    Options
    schlerin wrote: »
    Week 1
    Sunday
    PW: 203.8
    CW: 202.0
    l50lgqup8urh.png

True that! Lol thank you for posting this!
  • Jen_967
    Jen_967 Posts: 1,919 Member
    Options
    January Week 1
    Sunday weigh in
    PW: 252
    CW:248
  • 2bemybest
    2bemybest Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Introduction
    Hi team! So excited to be part of this challenge. I did a challenge like this years ago and was very helpful and motivating for me. I will be 50 this month on the 23rd. I have a pretty stressful but satisfying job as clinical director of non profit providing mental health/ case management and permanent housing to homeless population often with co-occurring illness on a housing first model. I have two boys in college still living at home and I live in Alaska. I have had a lot of challenges with health issues over the last decade but in the last few years slowly I have lost 20 lbs. My highest was a little over 200 and currently at 165. My goal I think is 145? I am 5'6". It's been so long since I was at my goal weight I am not sure what it should be! lol. So I am going to go with how I feel and how my clothes fit as I am also pretty muscular. I recently joined the gym so have upped my workouts significantly so going every day with MWF being elliptical, TTHSa this fun awesome class called Centergy that is yoga/pilates set to modern music and Sunday restorative yoga. Diet is pretty clean as I have food allergies and have been eating a very strict anti inflammatory diet for years. I am in the process of trying to add back in more food actually. Look forward to getting to know you all better and supporting you on your journey to better health!

Kathy
  • WMEJA
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Hello Ashley,
    My name is Wendy. I am on your team, SLIMSONS. I just want to start off by saying how excited I am to be part of your team. I know that I just sent you a message but, I am wondering, if it is not too late, if can change my weigh in day to Saturday. I like to see where I stand at the end of the week so that I can change things for the following week if that makes sense. I already weighed myself today. Thank you for your time.
    Wendy
    @WMEJA Hi Wendy.
    I can change your weigh in day to Saturday, only word of caution is if you post late it might not be counted for the week because I tend to do the week endings Sunday mornings. However, it's not a problem otherwise, I like weighing on Saturday too, but I have other reasons for it.

@AB0215

Hello Ashley,

I usually weigh myself on Sunday mornings so, I would do the same thing for Saturday morning but maybe before I eat next time. I can do either day but at least on Saturday I am more likely to do it on time if I weigh myself on Saturday morning right? I do worry about posting on time. Anyway, thank you.
    Have a nice day.

Wendy

• AB0215
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Hello Ashley,
    Wendy
    @WMEJA Hi Wendy.

@AB0215

Hello Ashley,

I usually weigh myself on Sunday mornings so, I would do the same thing for Saturday morning but maybe before I eat next time. I can do either day but at least on Saturday I am more likely to do it on time if I weigh myself on Saturday morning right? I do worry about posting on time. Anyway, thank you.
    Have a nice day.

Wendy

@WMEJA Maybe we keep it Sunday for this month and decide if you want to change to Saturday for next month, for consistency's sake.
  • AB0215
    Options
    2bemybest wrote: »
    Introduction
    Hi team! So excited to be part of this challenge. I did a challenge like this years ago and was very helpful and motivating for me. I will be 50 this month on the 23rd. I have a pretty stressful but satisfying job as clinical director of non profit providing mental health/ case management and permanent housing to homeless population often with co-occurring illness on a housing first model. I have two boys in college still living at home and I live in Alaska. I have had a lot of challenges with health issues over the last decade but in the last few years slowly I have lost 20 lbs. My highest was a little over 200 and currently at 165. My goal I think is 145? I am 5'6". It's been so long since I was at my goal weight I am not sure what it should be! lol. So I am going to go with how I feel and how my clothes fit as I am also pretty muscular. I recently joined the gym so have upped my workouts significantly so going every day with MWF being elliptical, TTHSa this fun awesome class called Centergy that is yoga/pilates set to modern music and Sunday restorative yoga. Diet is pretty clean as I have food allergies and have been eating a very strict anti inflammatory diet for years. I am in the process of trying to add back in more food actually. Look forward to getting to know you all better and supporting you on your journey to better health!

Kathy

@2bemybest Welcome Kathy! I think it's hard to judge what your goal weight will be until you get there, something I've learned several times over this journey. Each time I think I'm there, I realize that I still have fat I can lose and change the number so, it's just hard to know until you get to that point where you're happy with how you look and feel.
    I think diet is probably the most important aspect of weight loss and you seem like you already understand how much your diet plays a roll in your over health, something that a lot of people don't realize and you're well on your way to achieving your goals.
    Welcome!!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Jen_967 wrote: »
    January Week 1
    Sunday weigh in
    PW: 252
    CW:248

@Jen_967 Awesome start!!
  • AB0215
    Options
    WMEJA
    Week 1
    Sunday
    PW: 230.1
    CW: 229.3

@WMEJA Great start!!
  • AB0215
    Options
    osier5 wrote: »
    osier5
    January Week 1
    @osier5 Nice start to the month!!
    aprillacey2
    January week 1
    @aprillacey2 Great start!!
  • AB0215
    Options
    KT4everFree
    CW-218.4

Hi all,
    I was on this team last month and I managed to get through December with a lose,😁,very happy with that. But did not reach my weight lose goal for the month. I did stick to my newly established goal of exercise 4x week.

I’m going to add another class to the rotation,this will make it 5 days at the gym a week as my new January goal. I’m a bit scared about it but what the heck.

I’d like to get to 210 by February and not just track but pre- plan each day the night before. When I actually put my eating plan down the night before I eat much more healthy.

All the best for a healthy 2020!

@KT4everFree December is a super hard to make it through with a loss so congrats! I think you're well on your way to way achieving your goals for this month!!! Those healthy new habits will carry over!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Kin59vara wrote: »
    Kinvara
    Week: January Week 1
    PW = 164.7
    CW= 165.1

Reflections: I weigh myself every day and see fluctuations. I know that I am up .4 but also know why it is so. My calories were under BUT my husband wanted to go to his favorite restaurant and share our favorite meal after watching my son coach at a high school basketball game. Sometimes my calories are under but the choices that I have made impact my weight.

@Kin59vara Some foods agree with us better than others and daily weighins can help you determine which choices work better for your body, I also weigh daily and it's definitely interesting to see how your body responds to what you eat.
This discussion has been closed.