TEAM: Run Track Minds (January)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• dougb756
    dougb756 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome, I’m ready for this challenge 💪🏽💪🏽💪🏽
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Looking forward to slaying more fat in January!! 😎
  • somum
    somum Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    @AmyG1982 Thanks for the awesome welcome Amy along with all your hard work and support! I almost considered not coming back for Jan since I am doing quite a few challenges and I don’t want to over extend myself in case I miss a post or weigh in. But I think the accountability is great along with the ability to optionally post the dailies. So I am looking forward to Jan weight loss success for our team and all the encouragement found in our community!

Happy New Year everyone!
  • goodreadsgal
    goodreadsgal Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the introduction and welcome. Can’t wait to shed pounds and get healthy. I’ve tried WW too many times to remember. I like the idea of calories in/out. Basically I think that’s what it all comes down to. I have almost 100 pounds to lose😬😬.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,081 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone....Happy New Year...My name is Megan....2019 was not too kind to me ..,..Back in Jan. I was hospitalized for 9 days due to the Flu at that time I also found out I was type 2 diabetic and I also had pneumonia (found that out after I was released) ....I was doing okay with my weight loss at that time until April when I hurt my foot (come to find out I had 2 fractures in my foot) so I gave up on me and my weight loss ...I am restarting my weight loss on Jan. 5....my plan is to go back on keto .,...workout slowly with walking and go from there .....I am a single mom to a beautiful 14 year old daughter whom I homeschool.....looking forward to meeting you all ..GO RUN TRACK MINDS TEAM :)
  • LyndaBSS
    Options
    Username: LyndaBSS
    Daily Post: Wednesday
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Walked dogs, picked up around the house
    How Was My Day: Good day. I made good choices.

Welcome to the New Year everyone. Let’s do this thing! 💪
  • joannejones0903
    joannejones0903 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Username: joannejones0903
    Daily Post: Wednesday
    Exercise: Walked
    How Was My Day: Good. I feel in control of my eating.
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    somum wrote: »
    @AmyG1982 Thanks for the awesome welcome Amy along with all your hard work and support! I almost considered not coming back for Jan since I am doing quite a few challenges and I don’t want to over extend myself in case I miss a post or weigh in. But I think the accountability is great along with the ability to optionally post the dailies. So I am looking forward to Jan weight loss success for our team and all the encouragement found in our community!

Happy New Year everyone!

Welcome back! Don’t let the challenges stress you at all, just check in whenever you can, we’re here for you!
  • AmyG1982
    Options
    Thanks for the introduction and welcome. Can’t wait to shed pounds and get healthy. I’ve tried WW too many times to remember. I like the idea of calories in/out. Basically I think that’s what it all comes down to. I have almost 100 pounds to lose😬😬.

I don’t know what my end goal is going to be but I’m around that number too. Good luck and welcome!
  • AmyG1982
    Options
    Hi Everyone....Happy New Year...My name is Megan....2019 was not too kind to me ..,..Back in Jan. I was hospitalized for 9 days due to the Flu at that time I also found out I was type 2 diabetic and I also had pneumonia (found that out after I was released) ....I was doing okay with my weight loss at that time until April when I hurt my foot (come to find out I had 2 fractures in my foot) so I gave up on me and my weight loss ...I am restarting my weight loss on Jan. 5....my plan is to go back on keto .,...workout slowly with walking and go from there .....I am a single mom to a beautiful 14 year old daughter whom I homeschool.....looking forward to meeting you all ..GO RUN TRACK MINDS TEAM :)

Oh man, that sounds like a really rough year! I hope this year is kinder to you! I also do keto (not super strict) :) good luck!
  • AmyG1982
    Options
    Just remember this challenge doesn’t officially start until Sunday so if you’re part of the December challenge you need to add your final weight there this week :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    AmyG1982 wrote: »

Oh man, that sounds like a really rough year! I hope this year is kinder to you! I also do keto (not super strict) :) good luck!

Thanks Amy.....I was doing well with Keto until April and my A1c for diabetes was in the low range of 6 now its over 7
  • midsummer174627
    midsummer174627 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    b]Daily Post[/b] Thu 1/1
    Track: yes
    Calories: over
    Exercise: no
    Today: strong start to 2020!
    Goal this month is just to track every single day.
  • Kathie_GoGo
    Kathie_GoGo Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Wednesday (Jan 01)
    Tracked: NO
    Calories (goal 1200): Not 100% sure since I didn't track but made mindful choices
    Activity: 3 mile run
    Daily Step Goal Streak: 14
    Daily Water (goal 8x8oz): On Target

Thought From My Day: HAPPY NEW YEAR ~ START STRONG 😎
  • jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Hi Team! Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season!

My December was CRAZY, between being busy at work and socially I could barely keep up with anything let alone the team. If it weren't for @AmyG1982 stepping in and helping out, I wouldn't have survived! But, now I'm back and ready to kickstart 2020 by getting back to my healthy lifestyle journey. I am looking forward to a slower January where I can refocus on my goals and shed some holiday weight gain.

I have been on the team since March, and I cannot believe that I am approaching one year with the challenge! Time flies!!! I am also a month away from hitting the one year milestone on this journey. I've lost 30 pounds in the past year, and while at times I wish/anticipated that I would be farther along on my journey by now, its ok! I am doing this the right way, not depriving myself of anything, practicing moderation, and still enjoying life! I have about 15-20 more pounds to lose to get to goal and I am so excited to be on this journey with you all!

This coming month my goal is to incorporate exercise. So far, I've lost the weight just by counting calories, now I'm at the point where I want to tone up and get stronger!
  • goodreadsgal
    goodreadsgal Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    QUESTION. Are we suppose to check in daily effective immediately or on the office start day January 5? Thanks
  • AmyG1982
    Options
    QUESTION. Are we suppose to check in daily effective immediately or on the office start day January 5? Thanks

Totally up to you! More people will likely join in after the official start but it doesn’t hurt to get in the habit now :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Username: Megan_smartiepants1970
    Daily Post: Wednesday and Thursday
    Exercise: Yes ..walked yesterday with Leslie Sansone dvd 1mile...today did a Richard Simmons aerobics for 42 minutes
    How Was My Day: No complaints here...day went well
  • LyndaBSS
    Options
    Username: LyndaBSS
    Daily Post: Thursday
    Exercise: Walked dogs, picked up around the house
    How Was My Day: Good day. I made good choices.

High anxiety day today. Have my first date tomorrow in 15 years. Very nervous. 🤭

This discussion has been closed.