2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,829 Member
    He seems to get by on Tylenol. He takes it occasionally for muscular pain rather than arthritis. His thighs were achy this week so he used it for a few days. It seems to work for him when he needs it.
  • mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,645 Member
    eldsp6v0dns6.png
  • mdubbs1
    I have a confession to make I bought a dozen HMR dinners to try and I don't remember where I put them. I shall unearth them eventually!

It's a beautiful sunny day here in Baltimore I enjoyed feeding the colonies this morning. It gets me out of the house twice a week.

I figured with deliveries getting wonkier and wonkier I'd better get DH's Christmas gifts ordered and figure out what to have to Christmas dinner. DH votes for cornish hens so I guess that's what we'll have since I have no strong feelings other than not doing another turkey for 12 months!!

I continue to get cards and emails from dad's former students and players. Everyone has a "Dody Allison" story it seems.
  • mdubbs1
    5cc13brazv41.png
  • Helene610
    That’s so nice that former students of your dad are sharing memories. Are you finding out things about him you didn’t know before? How is your brother doing?
  • mdubbs1
    Helene610 wrote: »
    That’s so nice that former students of your dad are sharing memories. Are you finding out things about him you didn’t know before? How is your brother doing?

The sibs seem to be at least temporarily calm. I've learned a few details about dad but what's most surprising maybe is who I've heard from. So far not the folks I would have guessed.
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    mdubbs1 wrote: »
    5cc13brazv41.png

I love this! I got on the scales this morning for the first time in weeks. I was surprised that I only gained 5 pounds the past two months. I'm trying to be better and weigh the same or less at Christmas.
  • mdubbs1
    The veterinary internist told me Jack was a little heavy. I had to laugh because compared to Tuffy, Jack's svelte.
  • mdubbs1
    Why can't people just stay home? I guess that's a rhetorical question but I'll be darned if I can figure it out. I just got an invite to a "Bville Class of 68 Girlfriends' Lunch". They do it regularly and apparently that includes during a pandemic. Geesh!

I just made a dentist's appointment for my tooth so this week I have work, food deliveries, bone density test, and dental appointment. Not to mention a "to do" list that just won't quit.
  • KonaKat
    I have "Staying at Home" almost pat. Except for when I sub, I get up in the morning, have breakfast, do things around the house, have lunch, read and watch TV, have dinner, watch TV and then go to bed. Rinse and repeat! I also call it Groundhog's Day. Today, for the first time in 10 days, I left the house to take donations to the city. It was a quick roundtrip taking only 3 hours. Ulpon return, I had lunch and returned to "Groundhog's Day." We don't have anything like luncheons, etc. going on. The community Thanksgiving Dinner was a drive thru where you went to the High School, rolled down car window and received a styrofoam box of food and returned home.
  • Helene610
    Good luck with the dentist. I hope it’s nothing major.
  • mdubbs1
    I guess in a pandemic there's an advantage to being an introvert already used to working at home. LOL! At least I get to go out and feed. I told DH yesterday that I think my van could make the colony/post office/gas station run itself by now. The only other trips I make are vet and doctors which are almost all in the same area so it's like I have a route 1 and a route 2.
  • mdubbs1
    edited December 2020
    Today I am doing: billing for work, grocery deliveries (two in one day since I have an appointment for a bone density test tomorrow), and making turkey corn soup.

For dinner tonight we'll have the last container of turkey corn soup from last year. DH will also get a sandwich and pumpkin pie.
  • Helene610
    Turkey corn soup sounds delicious. What do you put in it besides turkey and corn?
  • mdubbs1
    Helene610 wrote: »
    Turkey corn soup sounds delicious. What do you put in it besides turkey and corn?

Broad noodles (the broader the better) and diced potatoes.

I've got the carcass boiled, cooled and the meat separated. I'm off to a good start.

I'm sure a real cook would use stuff like celery but I tend to go with the basics.
  • KonaKat
    I woke up at 4:30am, and when I saw I wasn't going back to sleep I decided to start a new way of organizing all this stuff I have, and in the process, decide that some of it doesn't need to be kept. I have too many clothes.
  • mdubbs1
    KonaKat wrote: »
    I woke up at 4:30am, and when I saw I wasn't going back to sleep I decided to start a new way of organizing all this stuff I have, and in the process, decide that some of it doesn't need to be kept. I have too many clothes.

Organizing and decluttering!! WAY TO GO!!!

Now if I could just get DH to do that.

What I'm not looking forward to is eventually having to use all the canned goods and paper stuff in this house but I figure that will be a good problem because it will mean the shortages are behind us.
  • Helene610
    I made navy bean soup today. I was inspired to make soup after reading about your turkey soup. In addition to the beans, I added onion, carrots and some finely chopped ham. I added a little hot sauce for some kick. It turned out very well. I made it in the crock pot after I soaked the beans for an hour.
    Maryanne, Giant sells containers of diced carrots, celery and onion. I forget what they call it. It’s in the section where they sell the bags of salad. It makes a nice shortcut if you don’t want to do all that chopping.
  • mdubbs1
    Helene - that soup sounds good!

I fed the colonies and shortly I'll be off to a bone density test. Oh, the excitement! I did all the pre-visit online Hopkins stuff even though they'll likely pay no attention to it when I get there.
  • mdubbs1
    mtte0r3v0o19.png