2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

KonaKat
KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
Happy New Year! On this first day of the New Year, it is typical for people to set resolutions that are too much for them. As a result, six weeks later those lofty goals have been forgotten. Let us focus upon one day at a time.

One day is 24 hours! We can make it through 24 hours! If there is a backset, then we will focus upon what is needed to get back on plan for the next 24 hours. These successful days do add up!

Here is to our progress in 2020! (Raising imaginary toast!)

Replies

• KonaKat
    The New Year is here. I began it by stepping on the scales. I guess my holiday success was not gaining November through December. In fact, I am down slightly. I consider that a success considerinng how much I like holiday goodies.

I have also returned to exercising with a goal of 150 minutes a week or 5 days of 30 minutes each.
  • mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,645 Member
    KonaKat wrote: »
    Happy New Year! On this first day of the New Year, it is typical for people to set resolutions that are too much for them. As a result, six weeks later those lofty goals have been forgotten. Let us focus upon one day at a time.

One day is 24 hours! We can make it through 24 hours! If there is a backset, then we will focus upon what is needed to get back on plan for the next 24 hours. These successful days do add up!

Here is to our progress in 2020! (Raising imaginary toast!)

Here's to your imaginary toast (diet root beer for me)!
  • mdubbs1
    The New Year is here. I began it by stepping on the scales. I guess my holiday success was not gaining November through December. In fact, I am down slightly. I consider that a success considerinng how much I like holiday goodies.

I have also returned to exercising with a goal of 150 minutes a week or 5 days of 30 minutes each.

Losing through the holidays is fantastic!!!!!

My goals are to get back on the food wagon and back on the treadmill!!!!!
  • mdubbs1
    0qhau7dp3wfv.png
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,829 Member
    Like Jean, I maintained through November and December. I don’t think I’ve ever done that before. Congrats to both of us. I enjoyed some holiday treats but kept things within limits. I,m starting 2020 down 23 pounds from last May. I’ve been consistent logging my foods since September. I don’t think I missed a whole day although I had a few days where I didn’t log all three meals.

One thing I learned about myself is I rarely eat snacks. I’ve used them if I needed them but most days were three meal, no snacks. My program analyzes categories of food. I discovered I eat my fats than I realized. My love of cheese was a big factor. Knowing that, I started watching how many fat foods I ate in a day. Cutting down didn’t lessen my enjoyment but I started to make healthier choices.

I’ll continue choosing healthy foods in 2020 and I’m ready to get back to losing weight. I need to work more exercise into my life. That’s the part of my journey I have been lax at. So that’s my 2020 outlook in a nutshell.
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    I’m starting 2020 at a higher weight than last year and I definitely gained during the holiday season. I always gain when I travel and last year’s trip to Greece just before the holidays days began put me into a bad pattern of gaining weight.

So my plan is to get back to making healthier choices, eating less and starting an exercise routine. I haven’t decided yet if that means going back to the gym or dusting off my Wii and using some of the exercise programs I have for it. Or perhaps a combination approach. Food for thought today while I watch the Rose Parade.
  • Helene610
    Pam, maybe starting with WIi and programs will ease you back in to exercise. Plus you can avoid the January rush at the gym. By February, most of those people will have dropped out and you can use the gym without the crowds.
  • mdubbs1
    Helene610 wrote: »
    Pam, maybe starting with WIi and programs will ease you back in to exercise. Plus you can avoid the January rush at the gym. By February, most of those people will have dropped out and you can use the gym without the crowds.

Sad but I guess true!
  • KonaKat
    I hope the dog isn't tied to the chair!

ipx52plack3d.png
  • KonaKat
    Good morning! Day one is in the books. I was on plan all day and did 50 minutes of exercise.

The 24 hours ahead or one day has started with me being tempted by a QVC deal to organize. I need shelving units of a specific size and these meet my requirements. I need to check Amazon for comparison. But first, breakfast!!
  • mdubbs1
    I hope the dog isn't tied to the chair!

ipx52plack3d.png

• mdubbs1
    Good morning! Day one is in the books. I was on plan all day and did 50 minutes of exercise.

The 24 hours ahead or one day has started with me being tempted by a QVC deal to organize. I need shelving units of a specific size and these meet my requirements. I need to check Amazon for comparison. But first, breakfast!!

Great start!!
  • KonaKat
    cwlvbl2rpha6.png
  • Helene610
    My day one was pretty good too. I did 1500 steps. That’s less than I’ve been doing but I still have company. I find it hard to be as active when I have company. I was on plan with food though and the scale showed a two tenth drop this morning. I had been bouncing up and down about a pound over the holidays. I stabilized at my lowest number a couple of days ago so this was my first movement downward in about a month. It’s a small amount but the direction is significant to me.
  • KonaKat
    Helene--The downward direction on the scale is something to celebrate. You have done a tremendous job the past few months.

I just finished an hour of pedaling while watching a TV show. Yesterday, I did 50 minutes and it was a challenge to get 60 minutes in. Tomorrow, I go to the city so there will be no exercise in the morning...and perhaps it will end up being a day of rest. If a day of rest, then Saturday will automatically be the day I have to exercise to get in the 5 days.
  • mdubbs1
    cwlvbl2rpha6.png

I would laugh at that if it wasn't exactly what I'm doing.

I went to the grocery store this morning and bought ZERO none diet stuff but I'm not throwing away anything at this point.
  • mdubbs1
    Helene610 wrote: »
    My day one was pretty good too. I did 1500 steps. That’s less than I’ve been doing but I still have company. I find it hard to be as active when I have company. I was on plan with food though and the scale showed a two tenth drop this morning. I had been bouncing up and down about a pound over the holidays. I stabilized at my lowest number a couple of days ago so this was my first movement downward in about a month. It’s a small amount but the direction is significant to me.

WAY TO GO!
  • mdubbs1
    Helene--The downward direction on the scale is something to celebrate. You have done a tremendous job the past few months.

I just finished an hour of pedaling while watching a TV show. Yesterday, I did 50 minutes and it was a challenge to get 60 minutes in. Tomorrow, I go to the city so there will be no exercise in the morning...and perhaps it will end up being a day of rest. If a day of rest, then Saturday will automatically be the day I have to exercise to get in the 5 days.

• PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    I’m also working on getting rid of the bad food. Unfortunately, DH would have a heart attack if I threw any of it away, so we are eating our way through it. I’m trying to limit myself, but it’s hard.
  • KonaKat
    Pam--The only food I have thrown away is food that was shoved to the back and had expired dates on it. I'm trying not to buy things I will have to convince myself to eat no matter how much others like it.

Limiting yourself is hard when trying to eat up the food. I take the position that it has already been paid for so the money spent doesn't know the difference between being thrown away and eaten but you and your wallet know.