2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    According to my FitBit, yesterday I burned 1,534 calories which included one hour of exercise. The exercise was estimated to be 225 calories. Off to log my food.
  • mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,645 Member
    Helene610 wrote: »

I can’t imagine what your friend is going through finding her husband dead in the kitchen. My sister’s neighbor had a similar experience. Her husband was working in the backyard and dropped dead. She didn’t check on him for a while because she thought he was working. She had great feelings of guilt that she could have saved him if she’d checked sooner. I don’t think it would have made a difference but she can’t get past that. As bad as losing someone to illness, at least you have time to mentally prepare and say goodbye.

That is so true. The first time I lost a cat I worked with a grief counselor. She said the difference between a sudden death and a lingering death is not the overall amount of sadness but the time over which that sadness is experienced. That stuck with me over the years.
  • mdubbs1
    The bluetooth headphones I use with my tablet on the treadmill died. I guess I'd better order a new set asap! Of course to make it more difficult the ones I have are no longer available.

First two days this week - stuck with my food plan and got on the treadmill (not a long time but I did it - baby steps - sort of literally - LOL!)

I'm watching a Where are They Now 600-lb life episode on the treadmill. One woman went back to visit her family. I noticed she's now smaller than her sister. During the trip her boyfriend "hooked up with" her sister and she went back to Houston without him. Soon thereafter announced they were pregnant. Sometimes you wonder about these people.
  • KonaKat
    Maryanne--You are doing great. Baby steps lead to more steps. Keep up the good work. didn't see the "Where are they now" episode but I thought the first episode of this year's new ones which dealt with the brothers was excellent.

• mdubbs1
    KonaKat wrote: »
    Maryanne--You are doing great. Baby steps lead to more steps. Keep up the good work. didn't see the "Where are they now" episode but I thought the first episode of this year's new ones which dealt with the brothers was excellent.

I have a ways to go to get to this year's episodes. I am WAY behind.
  • KonaKat
    Maryanne--There has been a 600 Lb marathon today. I didn't realize it until 4pm.

OK, today's food log says I am at 1202 calories. I just finished 45 minutes of exercise. most of which were in the cardio zone. According to the FitBit, I've burned 1,362 calories today of which 172 were exercise.
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    Maryanne--There has been a 600 Lb marathon today. I didn't realize it until 4pm.

OK, today's food log says I am at 1202 calories. I just finished 45 minutes of exercise. most of which were in the cardio zone. According to the FitBit, I've burned 1,362 calories today of which 172 were exercise.

• PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    Today was a lazy day for me, which I needed. Yesterday was emotionally draining so it was nice to have a slow day with no place I had to go. I chose to get a mani/pedi, which was sorely needed and was a nice treat for myself. I checked in with my friend who lost her husband via text messages and I think she is a little better today. I’m sure she will have good days and bad days for awhile to come.

I’m trying to eat healthy and watch my portion sizes, and it seems to be slowly working. I am down around 2 pounds since the first of the year. DH is doing his annual 3 week Daniel fast, which is something his church does every year. I think this is helping me, even though I’m not doing the fast with him, because he isn’t bringing in the usual things he enjoys that tempt me. The fast is basically a vegan diet the way he chooses to do it, and no sweets of any kind are allowed. That is my biggest temptation, so the 3 weeks without having those around is helping me.
  • KonaKat
    Pam--Congrats upon the 2 pound loss. Like you, sweets are a big temptation so I don't keep them in the house. I may get a serving once a month when eating out. Yes, your friend will have good days and bad days.Good that your DH's fast is coinciding with your efforts.
  • mdubbs1
    Pam--Congrats upon the 2 pound loss. Like you, sweets are a big temptation so I don't keep them in the house. I may get a serving once a month when eating out. Yes, your friend will have good days and bad days.Good that your DH's fast is coinciding with your efforts.

• mdubbs1
    PamS53 wrote: »
    Today was a lazy day for me, which I needed. Yesterday was emotionally draining so it was nice to have a slow day with no place I had to go. I chose to get a mani/pedi, which was sorely needed and was a nice treat for myself. I checked in with my friend who lost her husband via text messages and I think she is a little better today. I’m sure she will have good days and bad days for awhile to come.

I’m trying to eat healthy and watch my portion sizes, and it seems to be slowly working. I am down around 2 pounds since the first of the year. DH is doing his annual 3 week Daniel fast, which is something his church does every year. I think this is helping me, even though I’m not doing the fast with him, because he isn’t bringing in the usual things he enjoys that tempt me. The fast is basically a vegan diet the way he chooses to do it, and no sweets of any kind are allowed. That is my biggest temptation, so the 3 weeks without having those around is helping me.

Good job on the 2-pound loss!

Unfortunately my temptations are all over the place from spaghetti to sweets to salty snacks but luckily DH doesn't bring in much of anything that tempts me!
  • KonaKat
    edited January 2020
    kned09z2imdm.png

• mdubbs1
    kned09z2imdm.png

Good one!

There is a My 600-lb Life episode about "Doug". I'm watching the ":where are they now" episode. He's been researching diets online and has decided he knows better than Dr. Now. He gives up meat protein and eats more vegetables and carbs. HAS HE NEVER WATCHED THIS SHOW????? His wife keeps trying to steer him back on track. He has his Dr. Now appointment. He's supposed to have lost like 40 or 50 pounds for skin removal surgery and instead, to no one's surprise except his, has gained 6 pounds.
  • mdubbs1
    So far this week I've been doing really well. I know, four whole days. But if I can string enough of them together......
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,829 Member
    I’ve had to modify my no eating after seven. We were out all day yesterday. DH had 3 back to back appointments at the ear, nose throat practice. So we got home late and didn’t finish dinner until 8. But I did stick to no snacking after dinner.

DH was without his hearing aides for 5 weeks. They were sent back to the factory in early December. We expected to get a call that they were back in 2 weeks. We figured things got slowed down for Christmas so we called the week after. Turns out they were back but had been sent to the office where the audiologist works rather than the office we left them off. By the time we called, the audiologist had no appointments until mid January. She had to recalibrate them. DH had a hearing test, then the audiologist calibrated them. Lastly, he saw the doctor and found his test was great and there were no changes. The audiologist was very apologetic that he waited so long. She gave me her email so it doesn’t happen again. She would have squeezed him in if she’d known about the wait.
  • mdubbs1
    Helene610 wrote: »
    I’ve had to modify my no eating after seven. We were out all day yesterday. DH had 3 back to back appointments at the ear, nose throat practice. So we got home late and didn’t finish dinner until 8. But I did stick to no snacking after dinner.

DH was without his hearing aides for 5 weeks. They were sent back to the factory in early December. We expected to get a call that they were back in 2 weeks. We figured things got slowed down for Christmas so we called the week after. Turns out they were back but had been sent to the office where the audiologist works rather than the office we left them off. By the time we called, the audiologist had no appointments until mid January. She had to recalibrate them. DH had a hearing test, then the audiologist calibrated them. Lastly, he saw the doctor and found his test was great and there were no changes. The audiologist was very apologetic that he waited so long. She gave me her email so it doesn’t happen again. She would have squeezed him in if she’d known about the wait.

I'm glad he finally has his hearing aides but my goodness.......5 weeks...... I'm glad he got some contact info for the future.

• Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,829 Member
    The audiologist has been great. DH worked with her weekly last year to get the settings just right. So we’ve had the most contact with her. She even told us about a gluten free bakery in Naples which is down the street from the other office. It didn’t occur to us to call her directly during the wait. She told us she lives close to the office and would have come in just for him if she’d known that his hearing aides were at her office. DH said being without them was like walking around without his glasses and trying to see. I’m glad it’s all straightened out now. He sees her in April before we head north so she can check that they are working properly.
  • mdubbs1
    kw5widqn15di.png
  • mdubbs1
    cm0qduf24vn2.png