2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,646 Member
    PamS53 wrote: »
    Maryanne, I’ve been watching that situation in Portland as well. From what little I’ve been able to read on the subject, it may be Customs and Border Patrol agents who have been deputized to form this secret task force. I’m seeing nothing on any of the national news sources about it, but lots on Twitter.

It's finally made the front page of the Post and the Times. Maybe that will get some attention. At least now we know who's behind it.
  • mdubbs1
    From My 600-lb life: trampoline aerobics!!

At first I was thinking boy, that looks like fun. And it does.

But then I thought "how many bones could I break doing that". LOL!

There's a "trampoline park" I drive by several times a week. I never thought there might be exercise classes in that!
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    Trampolining is actually a pretty tough workout, but not recommended for older folks with osteoporosis, like myself. Huge calorie burn, and fun at the same time.
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,830 Member
    He couldn’t get the army to do his dirty work so now it’s unidentifiable federal workers. And what was with the rant about dishwashers and water use. He doesn’t talk about what he’s going to do to fight the pandemic but he talks about kitchen appliances? How do his supporters not see how incompetent this man is? And his PR woman says Trump wants to reopen the schools and scientists should get out of his way. Sheer lunacy.
  • mdubbs1
    qnkzs8o5x686.png
  • PamS53
    l40zagaj20rq.jpeg
  • mdubbs1
    l40zagaj20rq.jpeg

and smirking.....

• mdubbs1
    I am so proud of myself. I ordered DH a 2-piece fried chicken on a grocery order (dark meat). I got a 4-piece order with an extra wing and breast, which he doesn't eat. I buried them in the bottom of the trash can and forced myself to forget about them!

Both of my grandmothers are turning over in their graves but I'm trying to learn that sometimes tossing food is better than eating it.
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    Nothing new here. Icing my shoulder. It hadn't been bothering me but today I forgot and picked up something heavy. It didn't take long to start complaining.

I have physical therapy tomorrow morning. I am thinking about weighing myself. I hate to think how much I have gained.
  • Helene610
    Maybe the chicken only came in 4 piece portions. I wouldn’t feel bad about tossing it if neither of you would eat it. Particularly a wing. Who eats wings anyway. There’s little meat and a whole lot of bones.

Jean, I hope the icing gives you relief. Sounds like it was a good reminder not to do heavy lifting. Why don’t you wait until you’re fully recovered before weighing yourself. Your physical activity is probably still limited so wait until you feel up to walking again. Or use you floor pedal thingy.

• mdubbs1
    Helene610 wrote: »
    Maybe the chicken only came in 4 piece portions. I wouldn’t feel bad about tossing it if neither of you would eat it. Particularly a wing. Who eats wings anyway. There’s little meat and a whole lot of bones.

Yeah, with these food delivery services I'm constantly wondering what they think "no substitution" means. LOL!
  • mdubbs1
    Unidentified troops to be sent to other Democratic run cities. Scary as as heck! I love how their primary excuse for sending out storm troops is "violent terrorists" doing graffiti.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/mark-meadows-trump-democratic-cities_n_5f14c04fc5b6d14c3368cdda
  • Helene610
    Latest Trump headline. I’ll be right eventually. He’s talking about Covid disappearing. Yeah, and a broken clock is right twice a day too.
  • PamS53
    edited July 2020
    He also said, of the test he says he took to determine his mental health, that the last 5 questions get very hard. Here are 2 of them: What is today’s date, and What is this place, and where is it located (photo of a famous landmark)?
  • mdubbs1
    Helene610 wrote: »
    Latest Trump headline. I’ll be right eventually. He’s talking about Covid disappearing. Yeah, and a broken clock is right twice a day too.

LOL!
  • mdubbs1
    He also said, of the test he says he took to determine his mental health, that the last 5 questions get very hard. Here are 2 of them: What is today’s date, and What is this place, and where is it located (photo of a famous landmark)?

I've seen those questions. From Medicare. Do you think he's enrolled in Medicare? LOL!

My internist has a note in her file that she's to ask me those questions on pain of death (hers, not mine).
  • mdubbs1
    I don't know if anybody watched Council of Dads. I did because I'm a big Tom Everett Scott fan and there's not a lot on TV this summer. It was cancelled but ended in a cliff hanger. Here's what they could get out of the creator about what would/might have happened in a season 2: https://www.tvinsider.com/940122/council-of-dads-canceled-series-finale-season-2-details/
  • mdubbs1
    edited July 2020
    I got back on track with the diet last week. I didn't get my 50-lb bear out of the closet when I technically could have because I had cravings and had a feeling I might slip and I was right....

Hopefully I'll soon be back down to that 50 pounds and feel confident enough to spring the bear....

I checked the closet and I have remaining a 60-lb bear and a goal bear. How ambitious am I????

nkgvjf62s5oq.png

• Helene610
    Goals are good. You’ll get that 50 pound bear out of jail soon. LOL