2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    My DH is a mechanical engineer. He says that there is a gas additive that you can pour into the gas tank that protects the fuel system when a car will be sitting for a long period of time. He’s used it for cars that he was doing restoration work on before.
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,830 Member
    MA residents seem to care about their neighbors. Almost everyone wears a mask in public. I saw an interesting post on FB the other day. It said Click it or ticket, Mask it or casket. Maybe that will make some of those people think more carefully about the choices. I saw on the news that Trump canceled a campaign event in NH tomorrow night. The Republican governor said he wouldn’t be attending because of Covid. Campaign staff said he was canceling because of the storm coming up the coast. That’s supposed to be over in the morning. More likely he doesn’t want another poorly attended event on the news.
  • mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,646 Member
    "mask it or casket"

Good one!

I also like - If you don't like a mask, you'll HATE a ventilator!

The hospital reports in some states are starting to sound like New York. People are stacking up in the ER because they have no beds. They say they're adding beds but that you need more than beds - you need staff and equipment. And those states are reporting an upsurge of folks dying at home. What's sad is now that we know, these deaths were mostly preventable. They fall squarely on the head of the administration and state "leaders".

Let's undo the tax breaks for wealthy individuals and corporations and use that money to let ordinary workers stay home where we can. JMHO!
  • mdubbs1
    PamS53 wrote: »
    My DH is a mechanical engineer. He says that there is a gas additive that you can pour into the gas tank that protects the fuel system when a car will be sitting for a long period of time. He’s used it for cars that he was doing restoration work on before.

Interesting!
  • mdubbs1
    vzkrf4bhudhj.png
  • mdubbs1
    sf41pct4t51u.png
  • mdubbs1
    ziqsi2402fwu.png
  • Helene610
    Those kitty ties are adorable! Two of my cats would have clawed anyone who tried to put one on them. The third cat was more mellow so she might have been the exception.
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    Nothing exciting here. Just watching the numbers increase, especially in a county neighboring PA and also home of our largest university. The increase there is exponential, so he is considering closing the bars and indoor dining in that county. People did not listen and casually went about their ways when we had a good situation and took things for granted, and got careless. It just took the right carriers to infect the right target areas, and zoom we went.

The governor had warned that if they didn't clean up their act, he would enact masks being required. He followed up on that, and it was amazing to see the number of masks suddenly being worn again. Of course, that hasn't stopped the anti-mask people from voicing their concerns. Now, we ar waiting to see what Monday brings and if the numbers will motivate him to shut things down again in that county.
  • KonaKat
    hax0t0y0mwoc.png
  • mdubbs1
    Helene610 wrote: »
    Those kitty ties are adorable! Two of my cats would have clawed anyone who tried to put one on them. The third cat was more mellow so she might have been the exception.

I have several "business cat" t-shirts. Love business cat!!
  • mdubbs1
    DH has been wondering what was going on at "his" hospital (he ran the lab for decades). It is a no emergency room orthopedic hospital that mostly did elective surgeries and rehab. Well, we found out what's going on. It's been converted to a COVID-19 rehab facility. Makes perfect sense. It's part of the University of Maryland Medical System and the perfect place to offer COVID rehab.
  • mdubbs1
    ftcj1gws4mgb.png
  • mdubbs1
    9awen2komien.png
  • KonaKat
    Florida shatters single-day record of cases. Trump says the CDC is lying---and the beat goes on.

I'm off to PT. I have ortho surgeon follow-up appointment tomorrow. Saturday, I have hair cut appointment, and I scheduled a Walmart grocery pick up for that day.
  • Helene610
    I’m glad we left FL when we did. The island where we winter is probably still safer than many places in FL but the news in general is very scary. We left about 5 weeks ago and have been very careful about going out here. We mask up every time and limit where we go. We were supposed to have dental appointments last week but they canceled us and rescheduled for mid August. We’ll see what happens then.
  • mdubbs1
    KonaKat wrote: »
    Florida shatters single-day record of cases. Trump says the CDC is lying---and the beat goes on.

I'm off to PT. I have ortho surgeon follow-up appointment tomorrow. Saturday, I have hair cut appointment, and I scheduled a Walmart grocery pick up for that day.

The cheeto's administration apparently sent false disparaging information to the Washington Post and some others regarding Dr. Fauci.
  • mdubbs1
    Helene610 wrote: »
    I’m glad we left FL when we did. The island where we winter is probably still safer than many places in FL but the news in general is very scary. We left about 5 weeks ago and have been very careful about going out here. We mask up every time and limit where we go. We were supposed to have dental appointments last week but they canceled us and rescheduled for mid August. We’ll see what happens then.

I made a dental appointment in mid August. It's the one thing on my calendar I keep equivocating about.
  • Helene610
    Part of the reason my appointment was canceled was that the office is limiting the number of staff that can work at the same time. My hygienist was not on the schedule that day. DH and I go on the same day because our dentist is in CT. He could have kept his appointment but we would have had to make another trip for me. We canceled his appointment and scheduled both of us for August. Their new procedure is to call from outside the office. They will let the patient in, check temperature and bring them to a treatment room. So it looks like they are taking a lot of precautions to keep staff and patients safe.
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    I think my state is headed for another shutdown. Our republican governor made some vague statements that if our numbers don’t improve this week, more restrictive measures will be necessary. That sounds like a shutdown to me. I plan to get a pedicure this week and maybe a manicure, although I could go another week for that. However, if we are going into another shutdown, I’d like to go into it with freshly done nails. Last time my manicure was ready for a refresh just as the shutdown was imposed. I waited as long as I could but eventually had to file off the dip powdered product then tried to preserve as much of my natural nail as I could. That worked for 2-3 weeks, then my nails began to split and break even though I kept them filed very short. I originally started wearing product on my nails because my nails were very thin and split easily, so that has not improved. I don’t have any other appointments that might be impacted by a shutdown unless it lasts several months again. We will see how it goes, I guess.