2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    A handy little calculator to tell you how many calories you need to maintain your weight, lose, etc. based upon age, height, current weighhht and activity level:
    https://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,829 Member
    Talk about life isn’t fair. Poor kitty!
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    KonaKat wrote: »
    A handy little calculator to tell you how many calories you need to maintain your weight, lose, etc. based upon age, height, current weighhht and activity level:
    https://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html

• Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,829 Member
    That was interesting. According to the calculator, I can lose on 1333 calories a day. I try for 1200 so that makes me feel good that a little overage won’t slow me down. My maintenance level was 1800 calories. I’ve rounded that number because I didn’t write it down. And since I’m not planning to just maintain, it wasn’t important.
  • mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,645 Member
    Me:

Light exercise 1436

Sedentary 1189

Okay, so getting on the treadmill buys me a little over 200 calories!!
  • mdubbs1
    DH rousted me from bed at 6 am so I could go feed before "heavy snow".

I was dubious about feeding in the dark but it wasn't too bad. The worst part was I'm responsible this weekend for all the colonies and finding two of them on my own for the first time in the dark wasn't the easiest.

It is now almost 11 am, I'm sleepy and we've yet to see a flake.

Someone owes me big time (DH? weather channel?). LOL!

• KonaKat
    My goal for exercise for the week was five days with a minimum of 30 minutes each day. This morning, according to the FitBit, I got in 6 days with a total amount of 4 hours and 23 minutes.
  • mdubbs1
    My goal for exercise for the week was five days with a minimum of 30 minutes each day. This morning, according to the FitBit, I got in 6 days with a total amount of 4 hours and 23 minutes.

WOW!! Just wow!!
  • KonaKat
    Maryanne--Isn't it amazing how "few" calories are burned in 45 minutes to an hour? A minute on the lips may mean an hour of exercise to compensate.

We had the temperature drop but just rain. I feel for those in the Mid West from what I saw on the Weather Channel and possibly the Northeast in a few hours.
  • mdubbs1
    Maryanne--Isn't it amazing how "few" calories are burned in 45 minutes to an hour? A minute on the lips may mean an hour of exercise to compensate.

We had the temperature drop but just rain. I feel for those in the Mid West from what I saw on the Weather Channel and possibly the Northeast in a few hours.

• mdubbs1
    Adopted a grizzled veteran who is missing an eye, chunks out of his ears, and the ability to meow

cctkmki8nbqc.png
  • mdubbs1
    For some reason I get a kick out of this crafter's cat prints on book pages. I have several of them.

ccpex74bd2xl.png

https://www.etsy.com/shop/NotMuchToSay?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=485057933&ga_search_query=cat prints book pages
  • KonaKat
    Oh, that poor kitty! Good that he was adopted by you!

A dusting of snow this morning. I am not thrilled. Very little sleep last night.
  • mdubbs1
    Oh, that poor kitty! Good that he was adopted by you!

A dusting of snow this morning. I am not thrilled. Very little sleep last night.

I took that off the "newly adopted faces of the week". Not my guy unfortunately!
  • KonaKat
    I awakened at 4am and couldn't go back to sleep so I got up and started working in the house. There is a room in which I'm moving stuff around getting ready to put organizing shelving in it.

Twelve days until a new month and see how much progress has been made during this month. Yesterday I got in 64 minutes of exercise and burned 163 calories in the first session of 34 minutes and 113 in the second session of 30 minutes. The heart rate was lower in the second session,

• mdubbs1
    I awakened at 4am and couldn't go back to sleep so I got up and started working in the house. There is a room in which I'm moving stuff around getting ready to put organizing shelving in it.

Twelve days until a new month and see how much progress has been made during this month. Yesterday I got in 64 minutes of exercise and burned 163 calories in the first session of 34 minutes and 113 in the second session of 30 minutes. The heart rate was lower in the second session,

Boy, you're WAY ahead of me this morning. I just stumbled out of bed in the last hour.
  • mdubbs1
    I'm still working on cleaning out the freezer and am sort of planning meals around that. Last evening we had sole and I discovered to my surprise that our Sammy likes sole (none of our current crew have a lot of interest in people food)! He's DH's cat, without a doubt, but for some reason he always sits next to me on the floor when he likes the smell of dinner.
  • mdubbs1
    I tried the NS high protein pancakes today. I like wonderslim better - lighter in color and fluffier. Wonderslim has mostly better specs.

NS - 160 calories, 10 grams protein, 1 gram saturated far, 3 grams fiber

Wonderslim - 120 calories, 12 grams protein, no saturated fat. 5 grams fiber

Wonderslim does have 1 more gram of sugar
  • KonaKat
    I haven't tried the NS pancakes but I really like the Wonderslim pancakes.

Midnight is giving me that "I want a treat" look.
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    I slept in this morning as well. I usually wake up around 7:30 but today I didn’t open my eyes until 8:45. I guess I needed some extra sleep.

Today I’m doing laundry and maybe some cleaning. I noticed yesterday that my tables really need to be dusted. I absolutely hate dusting, so that’s one chore that I put off as long as possible. When I was a child dusting was always my chore, so I suppose that is where my dislike stems from. We lived in West Texas where dust storms were almost a daily occurrence, so dusting had to be done frequently. That isn’t an issue where I live now, but I still hate dusting.