2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,645 Member
    KonaKat wrote: »
    Pam--The only food I have thrown away is food that was shoved to the back and had expired dates on it. I'm trying not to buy things I will have to convince myself to eat no matter how much others like it.

Limiting yourself is hard when trying to eat up the food. I take the position that it has already been paid for so the money spent doesn't know the difference between being thrown away and eaten but you and your wallet know.

• PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    Pam--The only food I have thrown away is food that was shoved to the back and had expired dates on it. I'm trying not to buy things I will have to convince myself to eat no matter how much others like it.

Limiting yourself is hard when trying to eat up the food. I take the position that it has already been paid for so the money spent doesn't know the difference between being thrown away and eaten but you and your wallet know.

Jean, I agree with you about that. To me, it is just as wasteful to eat more than I want just to avoid throwing away food, or to eat food I don’t want rather than to throw it out. However, DH doesn’t agree and gets angry about it if he knows I’m throwing out food (unless it is expired, of course). Luckily, there isn’t much of the tempting stuff left, so I’ll be done with it soon.
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    Breakfast is out of the way. I took time to make a donation to the effort to financially support the effort to fight the Australian fires. If you care to make a donation of any amount, you can read about it and donate at this link:

https://msn.benevity.org/community/fundraiser/302
  • mdubbs1
    Breakfast is out of the way. I took time to make a donation to the effort to financially support the effort to fight the Australian fires. If you care to make a donation of any amount, you can read about it and donate at this link:

https://msn.benevity.org/community/fundraiser/302

Thanks for that link!
  • mdubbs1
    Well, the last two days I'd give myself 90% of eating right. Baby steps I guess.
  • mdubbs1
    I got SO much done today. Hopefully I'll accomplish just as much tomorrow!
  • KonaKat
    Maryanne--Baby steps take you in the right direction

I got 5 days of exercise in this week. According to the FitBit, I got in 3 hr and 40 minutes this week and today the equivalent of 6299 steps. Of the 60 minutes of exercise today, 41 minutes was in the cardio zone and 6 minutes in the higher peak zone.
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,829 Member
    Pam, you could always tell DH he has to eat the excess or it gets thrown out.I wonder if he’d feel the same way about tossing something he didn’t want to finish. We try not to waste food but sometimes the leftovers don’t get eaten in a timely manner. I’m not making us sick if I think something is past it’s prime.

We drove my sister and BIL home yesterday and spent the night. I really don’t no how I did but I’ll be back on program tomorrow.
  • mdubbs1
    Maryanne--Baby steps take you in the right direction

I got 5 days of exercise in this week. According to the FitBit, I got in 3 hr and 40 minutes this week and today the equivalent of 6299 steps. Of the 60 minutes of exercise today, 41 minutes was in the cardio zone and 6 minutes in the higher peak zone.

Good job!
  • Helene610
    Great job, Jean. The number of steps is impressive. I’m back on track with eating but my exercise outlook could use improvement.
  • KonaKat
    Helene--Thank you. Today was a day off. I went to the city to have lunch with my niece, but brought half of it home. No exercise today except to "run my mouth."

Good job on getting back on track with eating. The exercise will come; not everything can be done immediately.
  • mdubbs1
    Helene--Thank you. Today was a day off. I went to the city to have lunch with my niece, but brought half of it home. No exercise today except to "run my mouth."

Good job on getting back on track with eating. The exercise will come; not everything can be done immediately.

Boy, if running my mouth could slim me down..................a person can dream. LOL!
  • KonaKat
    I logged my food for yesterday which included the Outback late lunch/early dinner. I went over 300 calories for the day. I guess I should think about getting the exercise out of the way as I didn't do any yesterday. Yesterday was truly off plan with both food and exercise. I had a sliver of a cheesecake yesterday. Cheese has protein so there had to be protein in that cheesecake. :)
  • Helene610
    I’m limping around today. My leg is very achy today. I just realized it’s because of all driving we did over the weekend. It didn’t seem that much when we did it but it caught up to me last night. I’m doing Tylenol and icing today.
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    My scale finally went down today, so I’m feeling a bit better. For now I’m trying to focus on eating the right foods in the correct amounts and drinking water. I haven’t started back to the gym yet as I’d prefer to wait until the resolutions crowd thins out a bit. And also because I really hate going to the gym, lol!

Jean, I’m sure there was some protein in that cheesecake. Besides the cheese, it also had eggs and they have protein as well. Practically health food!

Helene, I’m sorry your leg is hurting today. I hope the ice and Tylenol help. Are you still doing the PT exercises?

Maryanne, I’m with you on wishing running my mouth counted as exercise. I’d be model thin if it did, lol!
  • Helene610
    I slacked off on the PT exercises so that probably contributed. We drove several hours Friday to take my sister home. We stayed the night and drove back home on Saturday. Usually I have more of a break between the two trips but we had things scheduled for Sunday and Monday so we couldn’t stay the weekend. I’ll probably feel better in a couple of days.
  • Helene610
    Surprisingly, I was down a half pound this morning. I’ve gotten back on track this week but I didn’t expect to see results this soon. That should be encouragement for me to keep doing what I’ve done this week.
  • mdubbs1
    I logged my food for yesterday which included the Outback late lunch/early dinner. I went over 300 calories for the day. I guess I should think about getting the exercise out of the way as I didn't do any yesterday. Yesterday was truly off plan with both food and exercise. I had a sliver of a cheesecake yesterday. Cheese has protein so there had to be protein in that cheesecake. :)

Cheesecake = protein. At least it has that going for it!

(I actually don't like cheesecake.)
  • mdubbs1
    Helene610 wrote: »
    I slacked off on the PT exercises so that probably contributed. We drove several hours Friday to take my sister home. We stayed the night and drove back home on Saturday. Usually I have more of a break between the two trips but we had things scheduled for Sunday and Monday so we couldn’t stay the weekend. I’ll probably feel better in a couple of days.

Whenever I sit too long, even in the house, I limp so I can't even imagine what a long drive would do to me! Feel better!
  • mdubbs1
    Helene610 wrote: »
    Surprisingly, I was down a half pound this morning. I’ve gotten back on track this week but I didn’t expect to see results this soon. That should be encouragement for me to keep doing what I’ve done this week.

Congrats!!!