2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,645 Member
    A Running List of Right-Wing Politicians and Media Figures Who Downplayed the Virus But Skipped the Line to Get a Vaccine

https://jezebel.com/a-running-list-of-right-wing-politicians-and-media-figu-1845927776
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,829 Member
    Maryanne, if you find a convenient participating dental practice, call and ask if they can give you nitrous oxide. Just because they mention oral sedation, it doesn’t necessarily mean they can’t offer other options. For example, people in recovery wouldn’t be appropriate for any narcotic products. Maybe you’ll find someone that can accommodate you. Maybe volunteering at an animal shelter would be a good fit for you. I was in the church choir the last three years. Covid put a stop to that. I really miss it and the group of people in choir. We did a couple of stand alone volunteer projects with church. One was preparing baggies of food supplements that went to feeding children around the world. Several churches banded together and at least 500 people participated over several days.
  • mdubbs1
    edited December 2020
    Helene -

You're right; I should put more time into the search and less into complaining. LOL!

I have to be SO tough in so many areas of life. There's no way I could summon up enough tough for an animal shelter. It's not in me. I'm thinking maybe helping abused women might be more my speed.
  • mdubbs1
    From Lin-Manuel Miranda's twitter feed:

True Story From Tonight-A One Act Play

[Dinner.]
    The Six Year Old: Mommy, are you younger than Daddy?
    @VAMNit
    :Yes. Two years younger.
    The Six Year Old: But how come you know so much more than him?
    [I look up from my pizza. End of play.]
  • Helene610
    mdubbs1 wrote: »
    From Lin-Manuel Miranda's twitter feed:

True Story From Tonight-A One Act Play

[Dinner.]
    The Six Year Old: Mommy, are you younger than Daddy?
    @VAMNit
    :Yes. Two years younger.
    The Six Year Old: But how come you know so much more than him?
    [I look up from my pizza. End of play.]
    Out of the mouths of babes.
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    I move that we do away with "Christmas in July" sales pitches that is the opening of six months of Christmas buying hype.
  • mdubbs1
    KonaKat wrote: »
    I move that we do away with "Christmas in July" sales pitches that is the opening of six months of Christmas buying hype.

Good luck! I marvel sometimes just how many web sites exist only due to advertising and wonder just how long that is sustainable. So far, apparently infinitely. I've never once clicked on a link that pops up but people must or the bubble would burst.
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    Maryanne, thank you for the e-card. I’ve been playing off and on today. So far, I’ve won twice, with scores of 11,025 and 11,090 and lost on level 9 once. It’s a fun little game.
  • mdubbs1
    PamS53 wrote: »
    Maryanne, thank you for the e-card. I’ve been playing off and on today. So far, I’ve won twice, with scores of 11,025 and 11,090 and lost on level 9 once. It’s a fun little game.

One of my colleagues emailed me sadly after Thanksgiving to say "where's the puzzle"? My best friend also loves the puzzles. Anyway, I CAN be taught! For Christmas, I looked only at cards that came with puzzles. LOL!
  • mdubbs1
    ffnb2ziwas3q.png
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    Maryanne--I also thank you for the e-card and puzzle. I confess to being one of those people who likes to play games, etc.

I went to the city yesterday. I was originally scheduled to see the urologist but the office cancelled the appointment in late afternoon the prior day. I still had my nails done and had a Christmas lunch with a friend.
  • mdubbs1
    Senators and hypocrites first

p8bjmg84w5o4.png

• mdubbs1
    0vomofrkdw8o.png
  • Helene610
    I love the e-card too. I’ve played it several times and won a few. After playing a few times, I read the rules and realized you got bonus points for the Santa and present ornaments. The gingerbread and bell are a few extra points. It reminded me of the Easter egg card which I also loved. Thanks so much.
  • mdubbs1
    edited December 2020
    Headline from the Post (and people wonder if I can work until 75 (not that I'm comparing myself to Fauci of course)):

Fauci’s Christmas Eve: Turning 80 and fighting the pandemic
  • mdubbs1
    I still sent paper Christmas cards (along with the obligatory Christmas letter LOL!) but I enjoy sending the e-cards too.

Certainly the number of paper cards we receive is about 1/5 of what it was back in the day.
  • mdubbs1
    While feeding the colonies today I drove by what was obviously the cleanup of a traffic accident (the tow truck was almost loaded). There were 4 Baltimore County police officers on the scene, mostly chit chatting at that point, and I was shocked to see only two of them had masks on.

I'm sort of about at the point of giving up on my fellow countrymen.
  • mdubbs1
    I have an ebay package that started in Reading PA and is now in Orlando. Florida. Go figure. Guess I won't be seeing that for Christmas.
  • mdubbs1
  • Helene610
    BIL mailed us his homemade cookies December 12th. They still haven’t shown up. We were at the Post Office yesterday but no package. We’re going down today as this is the last chance before Christmas. They’ll probably be stale if they ever show up. The worst part is the time and effort he put into baking them. What a disappointment all around.