2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,645 Member
    DH doesn't think amazon selling a small cheap blow torch for men to melt cheese on a burger is a gag gift. LOL!
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    I’m not sure if someone just didn’t think it through, or if they had a wild sense of humor. Either way, this is funny!

https://cdn.exploroz.com/images/forum/uploads/55273_1154__TN600F.png?gid=16603893iin8qy6yp2.png
  • mdubbs1
    Pam - that's hilarious!
  • mdubbs1
    Need a new protein source?

vqndcoheritz.png

• mdubbs1
    Great responses to the cheeto's stupid "I just want the world to stop killing itself" tweet:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-world-stop-killing-itself-response-twitter_n_5fd36430c5b68ce171875630

This is just one of millions of pieces of evidence that not all our countrymen are stupid. Not enough of them though.
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    I sent a message via the patient portal that I wanted added to any list being made of those to receive the Covid vaccine.
  • mdubbs1
    u2yanh63vn3u.png
  • mdubbs1
    I went to the Giant at 1 am to pick up a prescription and get my TDAP shot. Great time to go. I think there were maybe 3 shoppers in the whole store.
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,829 Member
    That was a great plan of going to Giant in the wee hours. Maybe that’s when you should be doing your grocery shopping.
  • PamS53
    None of the grocery stores in my area have 24 hour pharmacies. Some are open 24 hours for shopping but the pharmacies have limited hours. I’m curious — are you normally up that late?
  • mdubbs1
    edited December 2020
    PamS53 wrote: »
    None of the grocery stores in my area have 24 hour pharmacies. Some are open 24 hours for shopping but the pharmacies have limited hours. I’m curious — are you normally up that late?

Not even close. And I didn't stay up. When I woke up in the middle of the night, I went over.

Not sure why this one store/pharmacy stays open. There is a much nicer Giant a little farther away from us - the one I usually went to in the before times. It isn't open 24 hours. It can't possible make business sense for them to be open. But I'm not complaining. It's mighty handy.

To the best of my knowledge this isn't just the only 24 hour pharmacy near us but the only 24 hour grocery store.

I've discovered 10-11 pm is perfect to pick up a prescription but the middle of the night is emptiest and best for vaccinations.
  • mdubbs1
    Helene610 wrote: »
    That was a great plan of going to Giant in the wee hours. Maybe that’s when you should be doing your grocery shopping.

I've never not bought a few things but at that time of night I'm too sleepy to want to do my "main" shopping.
  • mdubbs1
    The WSJ publishes an opinion piece suggesting Dr. Jill Biden stop using the 'Dr.' title

Twitter thread: https://twitter.com/i/events/1337831558447677440
  • PamS53
    mdubbs1 wrote: »
    The WSJ publishes an opinion piece suggesting Dr. Jill Biden stop using the 'Dr.' title

Twitter thread: https://twitter.com/i/events/1337831558447677440

That’s infuriating. Dr. Biden worked hard to earn that title and deserves to use it if she so desires.
  • KonaKat
    Pam--I agree! We have a teacher in my favorite school with a doctorate. Her room is labeled as "Dr.--" and the students refer to her by that title

O.K. Our Saturday Covid instructional map just posted. I'm in a gold county so we likely will have in-school instruction for those that signed up for it.

9cy0k0oybe5s.png
  • mdubbs1
    iwgar9fnjia9.png
  • KonaKat
    Spent part of the day decluttering. I work tomorrow; it pays but decluttering doesn't. Some of my cat collectibles are being donated. I have great memories, pictures, a few cat items kept plus the urn. I miss Midnight. I used to joke that some things I bought for Christmas for me came from Midnight.
  • mdubbs1
    Washington Post column about that atrocious op ed about Dr. Biden in the WSJ:
    His reasoning, as it were: Jill Biden is not a medical doctor. In her 50s, she acquired an EdD from the University of Delaware; she now works as a community college professor, and plans to continue through her husband’s presidential term. For Biden to use the title of “Dr.” is highfalutin and misleading, Epstein wrote, as “no one should call himself Dr. unless he has delivered a child.”

If you witnessed online outrage over this column, it was probably over these aforementioned paragraphs, so let’s dispense with them quickly:

1) There is nothing “comical” about toiling for years to achieve a credential that is technically and socially correct for Jill Biden to use.

2) The fact that she accomplished this later in life, after having raised three children and worked another career, is admirable. The title of her dissertation — “Student Retention at the Community College Level” — sounds important and not, as Epstein writes, “unpromising.”

3) The premise that only medical doctors should get to hold the Dr. title is etymologically specious because, as Merriam-Webster dictionary pointed out on Twitter, “doctor” comes from the Latin word for “teacher”; it was scholars and theologians who, back in the 14th century, used the title well before medical practitioners.

4) Absolutely nobody is worried that if a pilot gets on the intercom and asks, “Is there a doctor on this flight?” Jill Biden is going to leap from her seat and try to perform a tracheotomy.

And finally: If he wants to get technical about it, Biden did deliver a child, out of her own uterus.

As supporting evidence for his reasoning, Epstein cites his own refusal to be called “Dr.” when he taught courses at Northwestern University — which would, in fact, have been fraudulent and comical because Epstein’s highest degree is a bachelor’s. It seems he would like Jill Biden to deny herself what she earned, because he denied himself what he did not.

• mdubbs1
    i029kero8bjs.png
  • mdubbs1
    Professors Sexually Harassed Me for 10 Years, You're Goddamn Right I Go By 'Doctor'

caution: some of this is pretty raunchy

https://jezebel.com/professors-sexually-harassed-me-for-10-years-youre-god-1845879684