2020 - We can be our BEST SELF every day!

Options

Replies

• suzyqholland
    suzyqholland Posts: 1,353 Member
    Options
    Thank you Milove! Oh my gosh, I had no idea you were on the front lines. How terribly sad about your coworker and so many getting this virus. I know you’re taking as many precautions as possible and hope and pray that you’ll get through this healthy. Take care Milove!

Snoozie, that is hilarious! I’m so glad that you continue to keep your sense of humor. I’m sure your friends and family appreciate the laughs!
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    Oh, Milove, I didn't know you were right there in the thick of it. What an amazing job you are doing! I can only remember how desperate and demoralising things could get on a really bad day on the ward, years ago - I can't imagine how much more difficult this situation is. And with 16 hour shifts. It sounds traumatic! I'm so sorry to hear about your co-worker. I can't imagine what you are going through emotionally. Hoping there is some respite for you now, with the new facilities. And thank goodness you have been given proper PPE.

I know you'll be hearing it a lot, but you are a hero! I have been thinking a lot about the people who have to go to work, especially on the front line, and I'll be thinking of you now too. Hope you can get some rest and relaxation over the weekend, and that it easies off a bit. Sending love x x
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Milove, I had been worried about you. Glad you checked in. Sorry about your co-workers. It must be so hard to have to work to save people and be concerned about your wellbeing. Peace and Prayers for you to Stay safe, my friend!
  • suzyqholland
    Options
    Just checking in! How’s everyone doing? So far so good with me and my family. I’ve been enjoying time with my granddaughter by going over during the week to help my daughter out. She’s struggling with not getting much sleep so I watch the baby and she can nap, shower and get a break. I’m loving it! I limit any exposure to anyone else so hopefully we’ll get through this okay. I’ve been thinking of you all and hope you’re well and coping with these scary times.
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    Oh!! I know you are loving getting to see the baby and helping your daughter get some rest. Glad you are all ok .

Still ok here. We have people all over the plant coming down with the C-19....but they just send some of the ones that have been in close contact with them and clean up and move on. As long as we keep moving merchandise....

but I am glad to get a check every week, but they should pay us hazard pay!!

Stay well my friends, Keep your distance!!

G
  • Vailara
    Options
    It's lovely that you are getting to spend so much time with your daughter and granddaughter, Suzy. It must be helping your daughter so much to be able to nap and shower. And you get bonding time with your granddaughter!

I'm am OK. Friends are losing people to Covid, and it's very difficult at the moment as they can't say goodbye and no funerals. I feel so sad for them.

I have been cooking, baking and eating too much. It needs to stop!

Hope you are all OK.
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    Hi all.. just checking in..

Milove - thank you for taking the time to check in; i had no idea either you were on the front line medical care - please know how much myself and everyone else respects the hell out of you and are so grateful for all of the front line personnel. Sending huge virtual hug and please continue taking every precaution to take care of yourself <3

Gail I completely agree anyone designated an essential service worker should be getting extra danger pay!! And i honestly think the onus is on the rest of of us to STAY HOME and stop the spread ... far too many people here keep looking for loopholes or dont seem to think the 6 ft social distancing rules apply to them.. people who think its ok to sit in your driveway on a lawnchair with your neighbours "as long as you're 6 feet away".. shaking head.. OR i'll just walk thru the path even tho the park is closed what can it hurt" the arrogance and selfishness of people who are only about "me" instead of the greater good are gonna keep us isolated in our homes even longer.. honestly i know we Canadians have a reptuation for being polite but at this point i just want to scream from the rooftops "STAY THE #@%$@# HOME EVERYONE" !!

And don't get me started on the whole mask thing... omg.. YES i wore a home made mask when i had to go for a grocery run...because of the people who dont think SD rules apply in a store! i made it 2 weeks without having to shop but for some reason people think if they slap a mask on their face, they're good to go about anywhere and doing anything they want!!!!! it's like a licence to go free ... arggggghhh... They don't seem to realize wearing any mask except an N95 (which no one should be wearing in my opinion except medical staff) but all the other masks do little to protect YOU.. they just protect other people FROM you.. but suddenly its like hey i have a mask on i don't have to stay home...

hmmm can you tell the frustration is getting to me?? lol sorry rant over... where was i?

Oh right.. Vail what's happening with your son, is he still iiving at home with you? I know the NHS there is posting a lot of places for people in the medical field to stay while they isolate from their families ... i hope you both stay safe and well my friend! (oh and would you believe my brother in law just had all his appliances delivered?? why NOW in the middle of the pandemic i dont know.. but at least he has it now lol)

Suz i'm glad to hear you have been able to see your grand daughter and daughter... how are your parents doing thru all this?? I'm assuming they are self isolating, can they get meds and groceries delivered or are you doing that too? i hope you and your family stay well and safe too..

The reality of this virus touching people we know has heightened the fears i think we already have.... sometimes seeing the numbers worldwide are so overwhelming its hard to remember that each of those numbers had someone who loved them and cared about them...

Stay well and stay safe my friends... and please keep checking in when you can .. hugs
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Hi all.. its midweek so thot i would just check in withe everyone - hope all are staying well and safe as best they can...

we're about 1/2 way through our projected12 week isolation; there is talk in about 2 weeks they may start lifting some outdoor restrictions but for now still just hunkered down. I gained 5 lbs since this started; which may not sound like a lot but remember due to the hyperthyroidism i've been losing weight since October no matter what I ate... reality has just hit me in the face this morning via the scale lol... it shouldnt have been a surprise really but guess its time to stop using the pandemic as an excuse to stuff my face :)
  • suzyqholland
    Options
    Hello Hatters! Still here. Still eating. Still healthy (thankfully). I’m in complete denial about how much weight I’ve gained, Snoozie. I keep thinking I’m going to snap out of it and come to my senses but that hasn’t happened yet. Today was my 37th wedding anniversary and we got curbside pickup from our favorite restaurant...everyone in their masks and gloves. It was delish though.

Our state governor is trying to jump the gun and allow some businesses to start opening tomorrow as long as they follow safety guidelines. I’m not going to change my safety measures until I know that things are much safer out there though. I’ve got a new granddaughter to think of.

Stay safe everyone!
  • Vailara
    Options
    Five pounds here as well! I'm close to the highest I've ever been since losing the weight in the first place, if that makes sense. I can really feel it too. My latest excuse was that I'd had some bananas in a delivery and I don't really like them, so I made banana cake to use them up.

Congratulations on your anniversary, Suzy! Great that you got a meal out! A couple of my friends have celebrations coming up and have ordered from local restaurants.

Here were are going to be living with some level of restrictions for a long time, I think. I've been obsessively reading the reports, and it's quite chilling to think of measuring deaths in that way. I feel so sad that we didn't take advice from one of the other places who got on top of this earlier. But I suppose everywhere is going to have a problem until there's a vaccine or treatment. I think our restrictions will ease in a while, and the schools will go back and so on, but I feel I'm going to have to try to keep safe at home for much longer.

Which means I must, must, must get on top of my eating! I have been thrown with not being able to shop as normal, and with having no cooker (who knows when I'll have one now?), and the general stress of the situation, but there is no way that those things force me to consume more calories - lol! Time to get back on the case!
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Happy belated anniversary Suzy! Glad you had a nice treat at least together!

Vail - i just had to laugh at your banana cake... because here the standing joke is "who is sick of banana bread" (which i think is like your cake; as its a sweet loaf cake) but everyone has rotting bananas and the "go to" is always banana bread!! We just dont know what else to do with them lol..

and honestly - some of my baking is to not waste stuff.. ya ok nothing that goes in sweets goes bad ha... but i'm sticking to my story!! I have cut back now tho.. i was pretty much baking every other day - it was like as soon as i ran low on any kind of cookie/brownie/cake it was panic city.. gotta bake before i run out! I tend to freeze half of what i bake but honestly its a waste of time because by the time i finish the half of whatever i left out, i am digging out the frozen one a day later! I did make some old recipes; one was a sour cream coffee cake that was so good and i havent made it in prolly 20 yrs.. i do have some apples i have to use up... it's gonna have to be some kind of apple crumble i guess because i dont really have any receipes for apple things..

and i completley agree with you in that even when they start thinking about opening up some things around here (which may not be til summer - at this point its still another 6 weeks of isolation; we don't have lockdown here but i swear they just did a poll here saying about 62% of Canadians want a lockdown.. because the stupid people are keeping us in this isolation by spreading it with their selfish arrogant behaviour (i promise no more rant).. Right now experts are thinking we may be at the top of the curve so to speak... but even that's a just a maybe of course as it will take a few weeks to see if the daily case #'s start dropping.. but i guarantee i won't be out running around once it does start to open up either... i know some of the states are talking about opening up some things in the next few days and i honestly think the rest of us are looking to see what happens there once they do..

i have finally finished prepping the china cabinet i had planned to paint... only taken me 6 weeks hahahah... but i'm pacing myself!| otherwise i am not accomplishing any great feats during this time; i read a lot, watch a lot of bad tv and generally look at the things i should be doing and think .. nope... not today....

as for the reports...i literally had the news on 24/7 for the first couple of weeks... and people were posting never ending things on FB about it.... i can't do that anymore now so in the morning, i have my coffee and read a few chapters of my book on waking up.. then i turn on the news on the hour then turn it off... around 345pm here our local health experts and the premier of Ontario do an update so i watch that but that's it.. it was just too much and too overwhelming.

I'm kinda mixed on whether i want some nice weather its been cold here still considering we're almost into May and at times i think please warm up.. but then i worry people will start going out in droves just because of the weather.... we have a big park here in Toronto that's famous for it's cherry blossom season... thankfully the mayor finally announced the park would remain closed this year but you know people are still going to try and sneak in because yep.. selfish and arrogant.. no concept of "we" just "me".

Righto... i have been up since 3am my back is a little sore from all the work and moving the damn cabinet as its quite heavy even empty.. and my sunroom looks like a 2nd hand store cause i've stacked all the china and stemware and stuff into the book shelves in there ha... so i dont think i'll start the painting today... maybe i'll do my income tax!! umm no.. brain isnt' alert enough for that ... guess its back to reading and bad tv! stay safe and well my friends..
  • suzyqholland
    Options
    I think the weather is part of the problem here in Atlanta. We’ve had some gloriously beautiful days and Atlanta is so gorgeous in the Spring. People just want to get out of their houses. All the trails are still closed (for now) but I know my husband is going to want to get out there as soon as they open....along with the thousands of other people who are getting cabin fever. Hiking with a mask on is not my idea of fun.

Hahaha! I’ve made three loaves of banana bread so far!
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    Happy Anniversary, Suzy! Our anniversaries are so close. April 24th! 33 years! ....uh, I think...we got married in 1987.....Oh well, I always say we've had at least 25 good years....just kidding. But we never remember it on the day , it is usually a few days or weeks later , one of us will say "didn't we just have an anniversary? " lol

Working Sundays for a few hours and some Saturdays also...so I am busy but
    3 or 4 pounds for me and I'm not even quarantined! ...just symphony eating for you girls! ; } wink wink

Same here on not planning to get back out too soon, and still going to wear a mask when out shopping... have to , with Hubby having COPD.

Snoozie, I wish I had the space to do projects...maybe one day. I did tell Hubby that instead of buying a shed for the junk, we should just buy a long shed and make it a 'shed-away" to watch tv, listen to music, do projects, take naps...anything "I" wanted.....Leaving the junk in the house. hahaha...

I just bought 75 INCH TV a few months ago. So I could put it in there. It is still in the box...cause it's really too big for my small, fully packed house. But I've always wanted a bigger one, we have two 48'.....
    but I wanted it , saw it, bought it, and then realized it wouldn't even fit in my truck with the bed cover much less my house! Can anyone relate to IMPULSE SHOPPER!! yep, that's me. I'm the reason they have those shelves beside the checkout....I scan that AREA so hard ,just hoping I can'T find something I don't need, so I CAN BUY IT.

Vail, I KNOW It must be rough not having the proper cooker. I have a small tabletop type Kitchen-aid, that I could give you , if we lived closer...It is too powerful and trips the breaker if we have the microwave , clothes dryer and IT going at the same time and someone starts the hair dryer.. funny how often that happens at the same time. lol
    I HOPE YOUR SON IS DOING WELL. Will keep him in good thoughts and prayer to stay well.

Susan & Milove , we hope you are all safe....especially you milove with you working out front. Sending prayers and hugs{{{}}}
    Keep your distance!
    Take care friends!!
    G

• Vailara
    Options
    So funny about the gigantic TV! Thank you for the laugh! I completely get it. I have the occasional impulse buy and I only have a small house. Of course, now I don't have a cooker I feel completely vindicated because I couldn't manage with out my kitchen appliances! I would have appreciated the Kitchen-Aid if we lived closer! Thanks for thinking about my son. He has moved out now, and of course I'm worried, but chances are he will be fine. He is more worried about me, of course.

I know what you mean about checking the news, Snoozie. I'm trying to do it less. I just don't know ... in some ways it's reassuring to feel that I'm up to date with what's going on.

Hope you can get out for hikes soon, Suzy. I imagine if you can go to quiet places, it's a pretty safe activity. Masks are not advised over here yet, but some of my friends and I are wearing them in public places. They are not pleasant and will be worse when it gets hotter in the summer! But probably if you can get out to the countryside there is no use for them anyway!
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Gail my laugh was when you plug in the mixer and anything else all the fuses blow lol... i can't relate to the impulse shopping because for me shopping is like having a root canal... sad but true.. but i do have friends who need retail therapy to survive (and hey we all have our own therapies mine just happens to be wine so no judgement here lol).. but i can understand the need for sure! I have a digital box sitting in the box it came in.. i have a tv in the living room (32") and one in the bedroom and i got the box for the one in the bedroom.,, about 7 months ago. .and still havent hooked it up cause i gotta figure out the whole cable thing.. and yet i'm being charged for the rental on it every month... so your TV still being in the box is completley understandable!

Suzy our parks and trails are still closed too... and thankfully they just announced the closure of one of our biggest park where people traditionally go to watch the cherry blossoms fall every year... i for one am very glad because stupidy reigns eternal out there and i know people will still try to breach the barriers so they've upped the fines to $5K .. not that that will stop anyone and people will just go online and whine they got a ticket for just "being" in a park... we had our first protest here in Toronto the other day.. only about 40 idiots whining they wanted a haircut so open the businesses... nice to know they're ok with potentially killing someone cause they want a haircut... oops ok no rant this time i promise lol ...

oh and Gail i live in a 950 square foot condo lol.. space is not something i have a lot of but being only one person and usually eating on my lap in the living room, using the tiny dining room i have to paint the cabinet isn't exactly a trial... at least the room is getting some use now ha... i will say tho when this pandemic is over or under control at least... i will be decluttering even more.. i think i have at least 50 teacups and saucers in that cabinet ..some my moms and grandparents... and really... waht the hell am i going to do with them.. i will keep a few that remind me of them but the rest... gone gone gone... also i have a few champagne flutes and martini glasses... which i have never used in 20 yrs lol... so bye bye birdie... i plan to be ruthless to be honest.. altho the other day i was matching socks and found 8 black socks (from work days) and none of them had mates.. 8 single socks none of which matched... did i throw them out?? no.. i rolled them together in a ball and put them back in the drawer... ?????????? in the back of my pea brain i think im gonna find the mates even tho i pulled out every sock i have and nope... not there.. sigh.... oh well lol !!

I'm not gonna lie the self isolation is getting to me a wee bit now and then.. i do try to go out for a walk on the nice weather days but there are times i feel like im incarcerated and get my hour of outside time alloted lol.. but then i realize how lucky i am to have a place to stay, money for food and shelter etc ... and then i'm good for another couple of weeks.

I did finally finish the cabinet i wanted to paint tho.. took me 7 weeks to start it and about 5 days to finish it because i kept losing interest lol... i kept doing touch ups tho and wish i had left it alone after the first 2 coats... ankyway it has to "cure" for about 2 weeks as i used fusion mineral paint, so when its all done i'll post a before and after pic ....

ok i should either eat breakfast or shower and get dressed.. there are some days im still in my jammies at noon but usually i try to shower and dress by 9am ... even if i do nothing for the rest of the day i feel i should for some reason!!

Milove - I think of you every day and hope you are staying well and safe while working the front lines... know you will always have my respect and gratitude for what you do... hugs

Vail - same with your son ... i hope he found a place to stay and i know you miss him.. prayers both of you stay safe and well (and same for all of our hatters and those they hold dear)..

Righto.. breakfst or shower.. decisions.. decisions.... :)
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    hahaha.....me too with the socks.I have started cutting them up,the bands are too tight on my legs, so I cut them off at the top just at the cuff....makes a good pony tail thingy.

950 is tight! we aren't too much bigger, around 1200 ft. but I have carport and yard....so no complaints here.

I feel better if I go ahead and shower and dress. But there are those days it just makes since to trudge around in jammies!

• suzyqholland
    Options
    I’m not much of a shopper, either. I just don’t enjoy it. I have the hardest time making decisions when it comes to big ticket items...who am I kidding, I fret over which lipstick to buy. I hate shopping. However, I have no problem getting rid of clutter. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve gotten rid of something and then need it later.

Our governor has decided to lift the “shelter in place” order except for the elderly and medically fragile. Everything is opening back up with restrictions on numbers of customers and wearing masks, etc. I’m not jumping on that bandwagon though. Now if I can just convince my husband to stay put. He wants to go hiking this weekend but I’m not going for two reasons: I think the trails will be packed and I’m having a problem with my foot. I’ve got a pain in the ball of my foot and of course, no way to go to a doctor. I’ve looked it up online and think I know what it is, just don’t know why it happened. Maybe because I’m overweight, been sedentary, going barefoot and strained it on a walk in the neighborhood.

I was able to stay home today instead of going to my daughter’s house. I was a total couch potato and I don’t even feel guilty about it. I had to take my car in for service and that’s the only reason I even got dressed.

Sending positive vibes out there for everyone’s continued good health, especially Milove and Vail’s son with them being on the front lines. I know I’m not alone in wanting this whole thing to be over and back to less scary times.

(By the way, made two more banana breads today 😂😂😂 I think it’s against the law to throw out over ripe bananas)
  • Snooozie
    Options
    LOL Suzy at the banana bread... i wonder just how many banana breads are being made across the world during this pandemic! and yes.. my theory is im trying not to waste anything either.. and with only shopping every 2 weeks, im trying to get better at "planning" ahead.. same prob tho i take out pork chops from the freezer to thaw overnite.. adn then i dont feel like them the next day LOL.. but meals are still sometimes more about "what do i need to use up" rather than what do i want.. i forgot to get carrots when i was out last time so i will be carrotless for a while.. last time i had so many i considered making a carrot cake before they went bad.. but instead made my "squirmit" (the carrots and turnip cooked and mashed together) and froze it down for when i want a side veg... i had a few dinner i made and froze, a few mac and cheese and some chili but i've gone thru all of them (apparently there are more nights i dont want to cook and grab one of those lol).. so i'll have to spend a day cooking again and freezing some stuff... we're still about another 6 weeks away i think before even starting to think about openeing things here... and the 3 stage plan will be more essential services type like construction and production lines i think... i think one thing out of this pandemic has been that peoples' priorities have changed dramatically; a lot of my friends biggest goals right now are just to be able to hug their grandchildren again... mine is to be able to sit in a friend's backyard 9even if it's 6 feet away from em) and have a drink with a few freinds, and to be able to travel down east to see my family...

Gail i also try to shower and dress most days.. but i admit to having my jammie days!! I saw a video online of meryl street and 2 others (can't remember their names) having a virtual chat wine therapy session together and they were all in their bathrobes.. i have a weekly video chat with my 2 good friends and we usually all try to dress nice and even do our makeup etc.. but yesterday i put on my one pair of "fancy" pajamas, really nice earrings and necklace, makeup and then bundled myself in my housecoat for the call LOL... wasn't quite as good as my paper mask day... but at least gave us all a laugh! (i did peel off the housecoat so i had my pretty pajamas in view instead!)

Suzy sorry to hear about your foot.. my hand has been bothering me for about a month; i thot at first maybe i sprained it or perhaps the carpal tunnel thingy but i dont really know.. but its more annoying when i go to do something and can't use it to lift a heavy weight or if i turn it the wrong way it hurts like hell... so i feel for you.. i hope it feels better soon! and i hear ya on the fear of crowds.. we're supposed to have a few amazing weather days over the weekend but i wont be heading for the lake.. i imagine the foot traffic even around my \hood is gonna be bad but i have more room to move around people here than at the lake...

well it's almost noon and all i have accomplished is a few rounds of candy crush and showered and dressed.. so i better get my butt in gear lol... Stay safe and well all
  • Vailara
    Options
    I'm sorry about your foot, Suzy, and your hand, Snoozie. I hope they manage to heal on their own, or maybe a doctor would be able to do a video call if needed? It's so annoying to be in pain, especially when you're wanting to be active.

I love that you're decluttering, Snoozie. I've been hampered by the fact that the tips and charity shops are closed here, so nowhere to take stuff, but I think I probably need to get on and make some changes, especially now my son has moved out. Like you I have a lot of crockery and so on that belonged to family members who are no longer here. I find it very difficult to get rid of that - partly because it's functional and the family members had to live through poverty and it seems such a shame to waste it! And nobody wants old-fashioned crockery so can't give it away. But once the places re-open, I probably need to (in the words of Frozen) let it go, let it go, can't hold it back any more! I have a friend who is also decluttering so I'm thinking we should video chat and share our progress for motivation!

Gail, I'm getting dressed too - obviously on work days but on days off too. I feel if I let myself slob about it could become a habit! I have put on makeup for Zoom chats too, even though I don't normally wear makeup. My hair is a nightmare because I can't see a hairdresser, but everyone else is the same - it is fun watching people's hair evolve into more natural styles!

I am finished with the banana bread/cakes. I'm making sure I don't order any fruit and veg boxes with bananas. I did make another cake recently for a celebration, but now that's the end of it! There's no need to turn healthy food like fruit into unhealthy calorific nightmares! I need to get on top of this weight! I worry about wasting food during this crisis, but I have to remember that it's still wasting it if I stuff it in my gob and make myself fat! LOL!

Milove, I hope you're OK. Thinking of you.

I hope the restrictions being lifted mean it's safer where you are, Suzy. I'm a bit out of touch with the rest of the world - we get the broad numbers, but I don't know what it's like in individual places. I think you are right to still be cautious, and understand that if the trails are going to be busy you want to keep distance - is there anywhere quiet you can go instead? My feeling is that this has been the safest time, during lockdown, but before and after, the risk is higher. Most people in the UK don't want the restrictions lifted as we're scared! But it has been very bad here, we are one of the worst in the world.
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Hi Hatters.. thought it was time for a weekly roll call... hoping everyone can check in just to let everyone know you're ok.. i know most of us have nothing new going on ... |yup its today.. oh.. ok its thursday not wednesday... yup pandemic still here..i got nothing... " we kinda laugh during my weekly wine therapy chats now cause it's like.. anyone got anything new? nope? right then.. let's solve the worlds problems!

Vail - good luck with your decluttering project lol... you can vid chat me if you need motivation! i started putting stuff back into the cabinet and im sorting the stuff that IS going to go. like you i tend to hang on to stuff for sentimental reasons...and guilt at getting rid of it. i'm now getting better at realizing my memories belong to the people not the things.. however that said i am keeping a few things that are simply due to sentiment but not guilt anymore lol I did reach out to some cousins and one of them would very much appreciate having our grandmothers china set woo hoo!! So I will box it up and if/when we can ever travel again I can bring it down to her when i get to visit my family again.. I suspect i'm going to have to drive tho whenever it happens.. which i admit i dont relish the thought of.. it's about 24 hrs and altho i would break it up a lot, i much prefer a 2 hr flight to be honest lol.. But whatever it takes to see my sister and cousins again, i'll do it!

Pandemic wise.. Vail i know the UK has been one of the hardest hit countries (as is the US too Suzy).. how is the re opiening going in your neck of the woods Suzy? They are starting a VERY small reopening here this weekend.. of all places.. nurseries and gardening centres... sigh.. they were only going to do curbside pickups but now i hear they have decided to allow peope in keeping to social distancing and number of customers inside... and with mothers day here happening on sunday... i'm worried about whether we are going to see a spike again 2 weeks from now.... but i guess it has to happen eventually so we'll just all have to keep our fingers crossed... Gail and Milove - hope you are both well and doing ok..

I had to call my doc last week because i found a bump on my neck.. well i think i found it i dont remember feeling it before.. but to be honest i wasnt sure if it was just my thyroid i ws feeling .. anyway called her and she called back but wanted to look at the ultra sound of my thyroid and the doppler i had done on my neck arteries first. Long story slightly shorter im going in on monday so she can have a look... i think i will be the only one there and haveto wear a mask going in which is fine.. i have a home made one because you cant buy any non medical disposable ones here at all... but she went over the tests with me in more detail than the specialist who had ordered them lol.. apparently the blockage in the carotid arteries is around 50%.. (which freaked me out at first) and apparently it has to be over 70% for them to start thinking about doing something which is why i didn't have to see the neurologist based on the percentage. My cholesterol is good but she talked to me about trying to "clean out the arteries" perhaps by getting my diabetes under good control and changing to more of the mediterranean diet way of eating, and to add an omega 3 supplement as well. Of course .. I was literally eating another bag of chips while I was talking to her ... omg... lol.. I fully admitted to her i have been eating complete crap for the past 8 weeks... nothing BUT carbs and sugar really ... but talking to her did open my eyes to just how badly i've let myself get into such bad habits during this.. I'm not beating myself up - none of us has ever been thru something like this pandemic before and most of us still probably dont relize how stressed out its made us whether we realize or recognize it as such... i think i've done really well on one hand but then i realize i've been using junk food for comfort and reassurane or whatever...

So.. i'll spend the next few days trying to educate myself on what exactly the mediterranean diet entails ... i know the basic idea is mostly veg and some proten from legumes and eggs and very little white meat and almost no red meat.. but i'm not going to try to go whole hog.. i have to use up the actual good food i have anyway lol... but once i learn what it recommends i can start to incorporate more of the things they recommend.. and i'm going to try to increase my walk every day... faster if not further.. my doc did warn me a good omega 3 supplement is gonna be expensive.. sigh... big surprise lol... so i'll look into that as well.. she told me to jot down any questions so i'll a list as i go... and i may ask her if its ok if i simply do a voice memo of her answers (like a video but audio only) so i can go over the answers later at home rather than try to remember or scribble down the answers as she is talking to me..

ok im hungry so gotta get going for brekkie but will be back to see if everyone is ok!