TRIMSTONES January 2020 Chat

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,071 Member
Welcome Fat2Fit Challengers

This chat room is where the members of this team meet. Here is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Cheer each other on to success!

We are beginning the January 2020 Challenge - We have six great teams this month. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @beka3695

Our Team Captains:
*Mission Slimpossible - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
*Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
*Weight No More - @sleepymom5 and @cafeleia
*Waist Aways - @jugar and @micki48
*Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695
*Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and (open)

Our Team Motivators:
*Mission Slimpossible - @AustinRuadhain
*Trimstones - @Angmarie28
*Weight No More - @nstephenson01
*Waist Aways - @Terytha and @evangsimmons170
*Shrinking Assets - @TheMrWobbly (Fitness Captain)
*Downsizers - @UTMom81 and @Kres567

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, and at the end of the week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captain here on your team chat page. If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team.

In addition to your own team, there are F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the “Announcements” section for full group challenges.

This month, we have a Green January Challenge. We want every single person here to stay “in the green”. Losses appear in green on our spreadsheet, and that is what we want to see! 100% of us losing in January. Every week. Even if it is only a small amount. We can do it!

Let’s make our new challengers feel welcome and show them some F2F love!! Introduce yourselves, and let the new month begin.

THANKS!

Replies

• SaraMakingChanges
    SaraMakingChanges Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,071 Member
    Options
    I know you'll all be coming over here to post introductions and get started with the new year soon, but just in case anyone missed this on the December chat ---

UPDATE! F2F's own Habit Tracker

Everyone on any team is welcome to use our habit tracking spreadsheet. The tracking starts on Sunday, but please go in and set up your name and list of habits before then if you can. Here is how it works:
    1. open https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hGjC7OQrH9Cb8U5gmkeax8VXYm2wsTiSYg43Dg0s_LE/edit?usp=sharing
    2. go to the bottom, and choose your team from the tabs
    3. put your MFP use name in the column on the left (highlight "name" and type in yours to replace it)
    4. add up to five habits you want to track daily
    5. check the box when you do it!
    It is completely up to you to update your own tracking. Do it every time you finish, daily, weekly - however you want. Just be sure it is complete at the end of every Saturday so we can include this in the weekly winners circle!

Any problems? Message me @jugar or ask here and your Captains can find out!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,077 Member
    Options
    xmzvuaulw174.jpg

What are you working on in 2020??!!!
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    I personally can't wait to start using the habit tracker tomorrow!! I'm kinda psyched about 2020 and all the goals and resolutions we're all setting. I've got a feeling it's gonna be an AWESOME year for all of us! I even set goals for the year with my piano students today...excitement, energy and positivism is infectious!

Jessica
  • gelatinouscube
    gelatinouscube Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    The habit tracker is great! I'm new - about 6 weeks in to properly trying to lose weight and now things are slowing down I really need to bed down some good habits.

For 2020 I'd like to average ~1lb per week loss, start getting active, and practice music consistently.
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    They've changed our color scheme on the spreadsheet and I'm all disoriented! Purple Power!! I also see we are now a HUGE team! Welcome to all the new additions whether you are transplants from other teams or new to the F2F challenge and MFP for that matter. Jessica has been doing all the work over the holiday and I've been eating. All of this must stop. The other co-captain is back and ready to enter Onderland and hopefully stay there (it's been a revolving door for me for months now). A new decade and new willpower. Any questions just fire away. Please try to participate and post your weight promptly each week.

ri613kuf7mwu.png
  • achagpar
    achagpar Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I’m totally psyched to be part of this and ready to get serious about getting healthy again! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the habit tracker and can’t wait to use it! I really think it’s gonna help me keep to my goals and hopefully shed 15 lbs or more. Thank you SO much for all the work the organizers are doing to make this possible! It’s really awesome! Love from a newbie
  • kmfeig87
    kmfeig87 Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    Steps
    1/3 9,859 took my Fitbit of to charge it and forgot to put it on for 4 hours.... Oops!
    1/4 12,955 -- kind of silly that I didn't make 13000!!
  • Emmajhare
    Emmajhare Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Greetings from Nairobi!

Username: emmajhare
    Weigh-in day: Sunday
    PW: 189 lb
    CW: 187 lb

Not unreasonable given the holiday food and beer 😁
  • schlerin
    schlerin Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Week 1
    Sunday
    PW: 203.8
    CW: 202.0 Yea green

Steps
    1/4 = 4,892
    oj64kdy3qiiq.png

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    vggyapz3385l.jpg

THE WINNERS ARE...
    TEAM % Mission Slimpossibles 0.10%
    INDIVIDUAL % @nbbaby 2.89%
    TEAM LBS LOST Mission Slimpossibles 3.3
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST @nbbaby 6.5

As a group we GAINED 1.1 pounds...
    TIME TO GET GOING!

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Weight No More 0.67%
    2nd Mission Slimpossibles 0.22%
    *gaining teams are not being recognized

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST
    1st Weight No More 21.9
    2nd Mission Slimpossibles 7.4

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @Freeglerock 2.39%
    2nd @twyla77 2.35%
    3rd @raleighgirl09 2.23%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST
    1st @freeglerock 4.9
    2nd @timibotkin 4.8
    3rd @Smart_Beautiful_and_Strong 4.4

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @tryingagain5
    @Luciicul
    @TheMrWobbly
    @reflectionsofme
    @nbbaby
    @schlerin
    @kmargut
    @jugar
    @Terytha

3zcnysihd1ox.png
  • achagpar
    achagpar Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Ok. Here’s my first official weigh in!

Achagpar
    Weigh in day Sunday
    PW 124
    CW 124.2
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    8n3hx9j8bw95.jpg

DECEMBER IS OFFICIALLY IN THE DUST!!!!

THE WINNERS ARE...

TEAM % Mission Slimpossibles 0.10%
    INDIVIDUAL % @nbbaby 2.89%
    TEAM LBS LOST Mission Slimpossibles 3.3
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST @nbbaby 6.5

uccxr6loksp9.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Weight No More 0.97%
    2nd Mission Slimpossibles 0.77%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST
    1st Weight No More 30.8
    2nd Mission Slimpossibles 25.6

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @amytriesww 7.61%
    2nd @luciicul 7.23%
    3rd @kayla7303 6.44%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST
    1st @amytriesww 15.7
    2nd @kayla7303 13.4
    3rd @Luciicul 11.4

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @raleighgirl09
    @KathynDes
    @wwood008
    @Freeglerock
    @aliciap0116
    @Terytha
    @kmargut
    @jedaschultz
    @matthewsfive

3m4p0y5bryba.png
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    The habit tracker is great! I'm new - about 6 weeks in to properly trying to lose weight and now things are slowing down I really need to bed down some good habits.

For 2020 I'd like to average ~1lb per week loss, start getting active, and practice music consistently.

Hey there...what instrument do you play?? I've been teaching piano for 21 years! :smile: Welcome fellow musician!
    Jess
  • jessicakrall8
    edited January 2020
    Options
    94jldw7awsd4.jpg

Step up and join the Steppers Challenge!!!

I do not assume that walkers carry over each month, so you must report in and sign up. Also, you MUST (please) report in every day or two, as anyone who's been here even a short amount of time will attest, JESSICA DOES NOT LIKE EMPTY CELLS IN THE SPREADSHEET! hehe I'm not really all THAT overbearing...it's just a pet peeve. Finally, when you post to sign up, give me a daily step goal and that goes on the chart too!!

To summarize:
    1. Sign up to walk
    2. Give a daily step goal
    3. Report in every day or two
    4. Move your booty!

According to @mulecanter all work on my part must stop, so report in those steps so that HE has to record them! BWA HA HA HAAAAAA!

Let's see how active we're gonna be this month!!! MOVE IT TO LOSE IT!!!

Jessica
  • schlerin
    schlerin Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Still a stepper. Daily goal of 10,000.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,789 Member
    Options
    94jldw7awsd4.jpg

Step up and join the Steppers Challenge!!!

I do not assume that walkers carry over each month, so you must report in and sign up. Also, you MUST (please) report in every day or two, as anyone who's been here even a short amount of time will attest, JESSICA DOES NOT LIKE EMPTY CELLS IN THE SPREADSHEET! hehe I'm not really all THAT overbearing...it's just a pet peeve. Finally, when you post to sign up, give me a daily step goal and that goes on the chart too!!

To summarize:
    1. Sign up to walk
    2. Give a daily step goal
    3. Report in every day or two
    4. Move your booty!

According to @mulecanter all work on my part must stop, so report in those steps so that HE has to record them! BWA HA HA HAAAAAA!

Let's see how active we're gonna be this month!!! MOVE IT TO LOSE IT!!!

Jessica

Im still a walker

1/4-8,461
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    Steps
    1/4 11,876
This discussion has been closed.