Steps
    1/21 28,935

A Trimstones record?

I'm tired from all of that yesterday so today's steps will be very low. :D
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,088 Member
    Options
    Emmajhare wrote: »
    @jessicakrall8 I would like to join the happy steppers. I guess best to start from Feb? I've got step counts for January but they were somewhat supplemented by the very bumpy roads in Kenya so not exactly accurate!

Do I need a daily target or is weekly okay? My step counts will vary widely depending on day and exercise type. Thanks.

@Emmajhare We'd love for you to join us...yes, we're over halfway through the month now, so let's start in February. I do ask for a daily goal, but it should be reachable...not too far above what you're doing now, just enough to motivate you to push a little. I do 7k, many others do 10k, but take a look at the step chart and you can see a wide range of choices.

Jessica
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    1/21 Steps 7723
  • achagpar
    achagpar Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    mynacha73 wrote: »
    About 5 years ago I had a perfect storm of losses and hurts that I handled by eating. And eating and eating and eating until I gained 90 lbs in one year. Since then I've yo-yo-ed around over 200 lbs. With some major life changes - taking some time off work for my mental health, moving cross country to be near family, a lot of writing and self-reflection, and some serious attention to therapy, I've been healing and thinking and feeling again. Well. This morning I stepped on the scale, and I weighed 199.7 lbs. I feel like the 200 lb wall (my own glass ceiling) was just shattered. I feel empowered and liberated and strong. I'm never going to forget the grief of that year, but it doesn't define me, rather it teaches me. I'm sad for the self-destruction, but I'm proud of my self-forgiveness. My weight has been so tied into my self-image that I could spin out of control if I pop back up over 200. Well, you know what. I will go back over 200 lbs because our weight naturally fluctuates a few pounds because of salt or water or whatever, but the trajectory is downward to my 145 goal. My wins are that I'm making healthy food choices, I move most every day, and I am in this group with all of you inspiring people who remind me that health is the journey, not the destination. So, thank you for the support and the motivation and the incredible stories and honesty you all share here each day.

Congrats on reaching Onederland! Keep up the great work! (And ya, I know it’s hard work to get there... so congrats!!!)
  • achagpar
    Options
    1/21: 6694
  • kmfeig87
    kmfeig87 Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    @mynacha73 What an inspiring post. Congrats on shattering the 200 pound ceiling. Glad to be sharing the journey with you. It's hard work, but so much is also self love, self forgiveness and treating yourself with the compassion you would afford to others! Hugs!
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    Steps
    1/22 10,046
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    achagpar wrote: »

There's an entry of 4326 on your 1/21 walk day, is this a 1/22 total or do we have a bad entry on the spreadsheet?
  • kmfeig87
    kmfeig87 Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    Steps
    1/21 14,014
    1/22 16,995
  • achagpar
    Options
    mulecanter wrote: »
    achagpar wrote: »

There's an entry of 4326 on your 1/21 walk day, is this a 1/22 total or do we have a bad entry on the spreadsheet?

My bad! The 6694 was 1/22. Sorry about that! 🙄
  • DreaRN15
    DreaRN15 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Steps
    1/22 - 3213
  • Emmajhare
    Emmajhare Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 can you point me in the direction of the step spreadsheet please? I can't find it. Thanks!
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    1/22 steps 12,047
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,088 Member
    Options
    Emmajhare wrote: »
    @jessicakrall8 can you point me in the direction of the step spreadsheet please? I can't find it. Thanks!

@Emmajhare Just like the weight chart, the step chart is view only...the captains will post for you, so simply post your steps with the date in the chatroom and one of us will update the chart. For viewing it's directly below the weight chart, so scroll down and you'll find it.

I'll add you once the new February chart is up and running...
    Can't wait for you to join us!! Do you use Fitbit or a different tracker? You can add me as a friend if you use Fitbit (jakrall@cox.net is my email)...
    Jess
  • achagpar
    Options
    1/23: 9031
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    Steps
    1/23 7,497
  • Emmajhare
    Emmajhare Posts: 224 Member
    Options

@Emmajhare Just like the weight chart, the step chart is view only...the captains will post for you, so simply post your steps with the date in the chatroom and one of us will update the chart. For viewing it's directly below the weight chart, so scroll down and you'll find it.

I'll add you once the new February chart is up and running...
    Can't wait for you to join us!! Do you use Fitbit or a different tracker? You can add me as a friend if you use Fitbit (jakrall@cox.net is my email)...
    Jess

Thanks Jess. I see it now!
    I've been using just the Samsung Health app on my phone to track steps but I just splashed out and ordered myself a watch, which should be much more accurate in steps and calories and hopefully inspire me to keep moving. It's a Garmin Forerunner 45 so sadly I don't think I can link with yours. I looked at the Fitbits but I wanted something with its own GPS as I'm trying to get back into running. A little present to myself for making it to Week 6 of my couch to 5k without flaking on any runs (despite the cold and rain)! Hope it arrives soon :-)
This discussion has been closed.