Monday 1/13-9202
    Tuesday 1/14-8836
    Wednesday 1/15-7981
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Emmajhare wrote: »
    Just added another great reason to exercise to my list:

This evening I left work a bit early to fit in my Week 9 Couch to 5K session before sunset. I decided to head towards a local lake and when I got there I saw a huge murmuration of starlings displaying. Watching them swirl around against the sunset was truly beautiful and it has really made my day!

I confess I wasn't familiar with the term "murmuration" although I've seen it many times growing up in rural Minnesota. Here's a good article to geek out on. Starling behavior modeled in robotics might solve traffic jams and cancer to name a couple applications.

https://animals.howstuffworks.com/birds/starling-murmurations.htm
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    mulecanter wrote: »
    Emmajhare wrote: »
    Just added another great reason to exercise to my list:

This evening I left work a bit early to fit in my Week 9 Couch to 5K session before sunset. I decided to head towards a local lake and when I got there I saw a huge murmuration of starlings displaying. Watching them swirl around against the sunset was truly beautiful and it has really made my day!

I confess I wasn't familiar with the term "murmuration" although I've seen it many times growing up in rural Minnesota. Here's a good article to geek out on. Starling behavior modeled in robotics might solve traffic jams and cancer to name a couple applications.

I didn’t know what a murmuration was either 😄

Interesting article.
  • simbersea
    Options
    Steps 1-15 18,627
  • Emmajhare
    Emmajhare Posts: 224 Member
    Options

Great article @mulecanter thanks for sharing. The video is superb too!

Glad I have managed to enlighten folks on the term murmuration with my mid-week musings 😁
  • kmfeig87
    kmfeig87 Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    Thanks @Emmajhare & @mulecanter for helping us learn something new!
  • kmfeig87
    Options
    Steps
    1/15 15,708
  • achagpar
    achagpar Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    1/14: 3375
    1/15: 6163
    1/16: 6219

Moving in the right direction!
  • simbersea
    Options
    1/17 8,722 steps
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    Steps
    1/16 9,363
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,789 Member
    Options
    1/16-11,250
  • kmfeig87
    Options
    1/16 16,061
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Steps

Jan 15 - 9,743
    Jan 16 - 19,458
  • mulecanter
    Options
    Here in Albuquerque we got several inches of sloppy snow, enough for a two-hour school delay. My son was still in bed 10 minutes before the bell. :/ My mom and sister are in Minnesota and getting blizzard-lite right now. My sister lives on a farm, she said if she fills the tub with water for toilet flushing then they don't lose power [and the well pump will work] and vice versa. A true pioneer woman of the Great North.

• mulecanter
    Options
    jenready wrote: »
    Steps
    1/14 23,659

Good Lord! Did you walk to Tierra del Fuego??
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,789 Member
    Options
    Here in Albuquerque we got several inches of sloppy snow, enough for a two-hour school delay. My son was still in bed 10 minutes before the bell. :/ My mom and sister are in Minnesota and getting blizzard-lite right now. My sister lives on a farm, she said if she fills the tub with water for toilet flushing then they don't lose power [and the well pump will work] and vice versa. A true pioneer woman of the Great North.

I remember those days. we had a cistern and had to haul water. then make sure you had enough water, to they a sink run slightly all night so pipes dont freeze.

We never get 2 hour delays. once in a while, we get snow days, but only when we are getting close to a foot of snow, AND the temps are below 0 degrees Fahrenheit.
  • DreaRN15
    DreaRN15 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Steps
    1/14 - 3862
    1/15 - 3624
    1/16 - 4916
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,074 Member
    Options
    simbersea wrote: »
    1/17 8,722 steps
    @simbersea
    Was this for the 16th or 17th? JK
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,074 Member
    Options
    You know how you plan ahead and you're doing so well to follow that plan...and then it falls apart...at that moment, you have the opportunity to throw in the towel or readjust...so today, when that happened, I readjusted and took a walk...went to plan B...plan B didn't work either...again...I readjusted...then the stress hit...took a walk...didn't help...thought things through, readjusted AGAIN...gave myself a little treat (needed something sweet, which is VERY RARE for me)...had that treat...counted the calories...came home...ate a sandwich, figured up my calories...ended up with a great food day...went over by a few...took a long walk to burn some extra calories and I'm ending up the day, BETTER than my plan A or B would have been...

I'm not hungry...and am VERY proud of myself...

Apologies if this didn't make sense...perhaps I'm the only one who constantly readjusts...but my job can be kinda stressful (IT related) and today was bad.

Hoping for a good day tomorrow with my piano students...we shall see!
    Hope ya'll had a wonderful Friday!
    Jessica :smile:
This discussion has been closed.