WAISTAWAYS January 2020 Chat

Options

Replies

• juliemargaretkim
    juliemargaretkim Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I am a missing member -- and I do apologize (as always) for that --life gets so crazy, and I'm not a faithful blogger/poster -- it's the last thing I think of at night as I drift off.... so I'm here to tell you I'm still alive (whew!) and that I'm still doing side planks and all kinds of crazy yoga stuff (crow, anyone? -- remember I did silk yoga a little while ago -- went flying!) and that I'm 62 yrs. old -- lost 30 lbs a couple of years ago, and now I'm back a full 15 pounds up from that low weight that made me so happy. If I missed January, I'll take the hit. If I'm still eligible, put me down for 137 (gulp!!) and I'll make Monday my weigh in day. I fully plan on getting back to 120's in the near future! (Spring Break, anyone?) If you're sick of me, just let me know! :)
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Hey all! I am a missing member -- and I do apologize (as always) for that --life gets so crazy, and I'm not a faithful blogger/poster -- it's the last thing I think of at night as I drift off.... so I'm here to tell you I'm still alive (whew!) and that I'm still doing side planks and all kinds of crazy yoga stuff (crow, anyone? -- remember I did silk yoga a little while ago -- went flying!) and that I'm 62 yrs. old -- lost 30 lbs a couple of years ago, and now I'm back a full 15 pounds up from that low weight that made me so happy. If I missed January, I'll take the hit. If I'm still eligible, put me down for 137 (gulp!!) and I'll make Monday my weigh in day. I fully plan on getting back to 120's in the near future! (Spring Break, anyone?) If you're sick of me, just let me know! :)

Wow 62 and still doing yoga! You're an inspiration for us youngens, although 62 is by no means old! :smiley:
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    No zumba tonight - just wasn't feeling it! Thank goodness I did a workout this morning. Tomorrow will be better. See ya!
  • jfp420
    jfp420 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Going to be about 500 calories over today. My son's birthday and his favorite restaurant doesnt have very healthy options. But enjoyed the celebration. 14 years old already!! Will have to try to eat a little less the rest of the week but will be tough. Have dinner and a movie scheduled with friends Friday night and a pancake breakfast fundraiser Saturday morning. Scary! It's so much easier to stay on track when I eat at home.
  • ddmiddleton2
    ddmiddleton2 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    ddmiddleton2
    1/5/20 steps: 12,414
    Hope everyone had a good Monday!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,043 Member
    Options

We could never be sick of you! Flying yoga, crows all over the place -- no worries, you're stuck with us. I'll move you to Mondays - by any chance do you have a weight for LAST Monday? That way your 137 counts for week 1. If not, it isn't a big deal - I'll just put this weight for both your starting weight and today's.

So, back on plan, ok? And be sure to check in sometimes or we'll miss you too much :heart:
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    @juliemargaretkim So glad to see you back in touch and how could we forget you and the silks. Made me very curious about doing that. Sure sounds fun. We are not sick of you and welcome back! You can do this. @jugar will check in with you, but I’m sure your weigh in day is fine. Today’s weight would most likely be your starting weight and week 1 weight. She’ll let you know.

@Terytha I’m so sorry you got bad results on your blood tests today. Today it may not feel worth it, but you know you are doing good things for your health. Seventy + pounds down is nothing to sneeze at. If you need to vent more, we’re here for you.

@YinxFed Great idea to listen to your body and you already had one workout down today. Good job. 👏🏼👏🏼

@jfp420 Wew! That’s a challenging week. I totally get celebrating your son’s birthday. My daughters was last Friday. Right before my weigh in. When I have weeks like that, I just have to take it a meal at a time and do the best I can. Try to focus on being mindful. You can do this.

I hit my 8K step goal and now I’m recharging my Fitbit, so unlikely to get many more steps. I have had plenty of water today, did 18 minutes of Pilates, logged all my food, but I’m either over or pretty close to over. I need to go close out. But I made cookies for hubby and ate two. 😐 I haven’t been out of my house ALL day. Ahhhh.
  • jugar
    Options
    So gang, it looks like it is a pretty good Monday.

But big hugs to you @Terytha - getting bad blood results is the pits. I hope it is just boring stuff like cholesterol that you are working on fixing, and I know you will improve. Because you are doing this and going to hit Onederland soon! This month!

@YinxFed sorry you missed your zumba, but good job on already doing a workout this morning. I'm not doing the Self Mag 2020 program but I did their program a few years ago and it was really good. I hope you find some buddies to do it with you!

@jfp420 - congratulations to your son! 14 is a big one. He's going to be quite the young man soon - get ready, mama! You'll be back to eating right at home soon - but in the meantime, just decide in advance to do little things like have only ONE pancake, or drink your coffee black.

@evangsimmons170 - just you watch us ladies in our 60s! @juliemargaretkim and I and a few others can really mix it up! You will be wowing them in your 60s too if you stick with us :wink:

Only a tiny WEIGH IN list:
    @reflectionofme - due today
    @mrslrucker - due Tuesday

Thanks!
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy News!

Some of you are aware that we had some big changes in the Fat2Fit leadership last month. I am thrilled to announce that we now have have two new Moderators:
    @Cafelelia (Lisa - co-captain of Team Weight No More)
    and
    @TeresaW1020 (Teresa - co-captain of Team Mission Slimpossible

Beka and I have been having a great time working closely with quite a few of the Captains through this transition, and it was not easy to pick only two people as new moderators. The New Year has brought us really large teams, but the energy is fabulous. Let's keep it all going - and a big thanks to Lisa and Teresa!
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Steps: 4,322
    It’s been a little snowy today and I almost took a walk after morning pool exercise but thought I’d wait until my hair was dry after lunch...could explain why the number is lower than my target of 6K! Tomorrow is a new day and I’ll be giving 3 massages in the afternoon so a walk-in the morning will be very nice!
    Have a good night everyone!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    @Terytha such a bummer to get bad results. I had that happen a few months ago and it is soooo frustrating to make so many changes and then get results that don't reflect your effects. Hang in there and don't give up.
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Steps for 1/6/20 5,299
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! A new fitness tracker thread is up for the entire F2F group! If you are looking for more friends on your Fitbit, Apple Watch or other trackers, you can visit the link below to share your information. Please remember to state what kind of device you are using.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10778697/fitbit-apple-watch-fitness-tracker-users-share#latest
  • jugar
    Options
    Good Morning My Fabulous Fit Friends..... It was a good day yesterday, did Yoga and Pilates in the morning, the chaturungas were tough, I mean real tough, I felt like I was gonna fall, but I didn't ... Worked and both of my bosses were out, so that made for a great Monday at work... Nice and quiet, but I got a lot of the 2019 stuff boxed up and stored.. When I got home I made chicken fajitas, but just ate the chicken, peppers, onions & salsa, so it stayed well within my calories.. Then I walked on the treadmill for 20 minutes, then worked with the doggies on their leash skills, one is 95 lbs and he gets a little excited and pulls, so it's a strength workout too lol... Did some laundry and cleaned the house a bit. Then I decided since my sons piano is just sitting in his room collecting dust, I would teach myself to play the piano... LMAO.. Lets just say I have a LONG way to go, I'm not sure I have the finger dexterity for this, but it was fun, so who knows.. I'd just like to pick one song (A really short one preferably) and learn to play it, that's all I need to feel accomplished... I did not do yoga this morning, I decided to enjoy my sleep, so I will do it this evening.. turns out I have a lot of time in the evening to do stuff, when you decide sitting and watching TV isn't a hobby...
    Just reading about this day makes me feel wonderful. Well, except for the chicken part - I can't seem to get around chicken anymore. But the rest is perfect - especially working the dogs. I cannot have dogs because of my husband's severe allergic asthma, but I still miss them after 29 years without. I used to love working my dogs - including those strength workouts that I could not wait to see the end of! Soon I get to go dogsit for my dad for a week. I love those times. And your housecleaning, some piano - you had a really perfect day. Exercise, work, animals, cleanup, sound, a humbling experience, a good sleep. Thanks for sharing such a beautiful day with us.
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!

I hope that everyone who wants to is trying out our habit tracking spreadsheet. There is already a good crop of green check marks! If you want to give it a try, it is at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hGjC7OQrH9Cb8U5gmkeax8VXYm2wsTiSYg43Dg0s_LE/edit?usp=sharing

I think you need to be logged in to your Google account to be able to use it, especially for mobile. If anyone is either having some problems or has great solutions, let us know! If this tracker is useful to people, we'll make it permanent and find it a more user-friendly home.

Don't forget - you're ALL on track to lose this week. Every day needs to have at least a minimal calorie deficit, and attention to portions, avoidance of trigger foods - all that good stuff - is needed. Vigilance! Don't go to extremes (PLEASE) because then you might just jump right back up, but a good steady small loss every week will get us there. Just try to stay in the green! I know that not everyone will succeed every week. Salty meals and water retention happen. TOM happens. Birthdays and other celebrations happen. But we'll all try to keep those to one day affairs, and move along with more good days than bad.

For me the biggest challenge is always, always in the grocery store, and in the world outside my house in general. When grocery shopping, trigger foods call out to me - even after all this time of being right around my target weight. It does not go away, so I have some prepared mental responses. If you were inside my head during my shopping, you would be laughing. I tell those foods that I will not be able to stop, so I cannot take them. I tell them that if I buy them, I will eat them. And that will make me sad. I tell them that they are amazing, but afterwards I will have that heavy, stuck, leaden feeling in my stomach. I will not be enjoying life.

There ARE, though, certain foods I know I can use as a treat. For me, digesting fat is a problem, and I love ice cream. So I make amazing sorbet - all fruit with a bit of sugar, some lime zest or herbs or other special ingredients. I half cup of that is the best treat, and even if I have a bit too much, the damage is minimal.

When I want crunchy, salty - I go for pickles. Weirdly enough, a whole grapefruit, peeled and the white stuff removed, is a great deterrent when craving desserty foods. Want cookies? Have grapefruit first. Somehow it works.

What are your tips and tricks for making good decisions day in and day out?
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Somethings that help me...
    I love nuts but will over indulge every single time, so when I buy sunflower seeds or almonds I buy raw unsalted, I can still eat them, but they don't trigger that eat them all mentality.. As for cashews I can only buy them in really small sizes, then I immediately give the rest to my kids, or husband. Pecans and walnuts I always buy unsalted/raw, so they aren't an issue, but I do snack on them. Ya know those sunflower seeds in the jar, I think every single grocery store has their own brand.. I can eat the entire jar in one sitting no problem.. They would have to be my single most favorite food...

I like the sugar free Jello cups.. Black Cherry and strawberry Kiwi, I eat like 3 of them at a time, but at 10 calories each... no biggie

When I buy Ice cream, I buy butter pecan... can't stand it.. so it's for my husband.. I buy fudgesicles for myself at 40 calories each, again not an issue, I can have 2 if I want...

I keep a bag of carrots, broccoli and celery cut up and cleaned in the fridge, they are snacks for me, and for my dogs, cause one of them is on the chubby side, and those weirdos love carrots and broccoli...

If I decide I want chips or something, I always buy the small bag..

I keep a couple of jars of pickles in the fridge all the time.. I love pickles..

I find it's important for me to have good choices front and center, If I do I will make the good choice.. Case in point, I actually have 2 containers of fudge in the fridge still, ( I am not throwing that out, that was not easy to make) but I haven't eaten any lately, I think I had one piece on Saturday, because I had better choices easily available.

• reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Username: reflectionofme
    Weigh in day: Monday

PW: 122.3
    CW: 122.2

This discussion has been closed.