Mon 12,019
  • mrslrucker
    mrslrucker Posts: 3 Member
    Is this how I report for my weigh in?
    SW:171.4
    CW:170.7
  • juliemargaretkim
    juliemargaretkim Posts: 206 Member
    Hi again! Look at me posting two days in a row! I go back to work this week, so I don't know if this will be a habit. I'll do my best -- I love reading everyone's posts.

@jugar -- I was in avoidance all during the holidays and did not weigh in -- I didn't want to know! We had a house guests and eggnog on tap! Sometimes there was rum involved (smile!) and of course those cookies. Anyway, I did go to yoga a few times and hoped that would counteract some of the indulgences! Let's just go with that 137 and watch it COME DOWN this month! I did it once (got to 122) so I know I can do it again!

@evangsimmons170 - I'm proud to be an inspiration in my 60's! I have done some form of yoga my whole life (started with a class in college in the 70's!) but it was when I got serious about losing those 30 pounds 3 years ago that I started going to the PowerYoga studio (opened a couple blocks from me so I had NO excuse!) -- it's Baptiste yoga -- we do it in 92 degrees, and it's flow yoga -- we move and hold and strengthen our core and open our hearts. It is truly amazing, and the best yoga I've ever done. It's hard. It's physical. And I have NEVER heard anyone walk out of there saying they wouldn't come back. It's terrible while you're doing it (smile!), and immediately after, you LOVE that you did it. You sweat. You feel your abs. I have biceps. There are old and young, thin and plump, and it doesn't matter. You do what you can, stop when you have to, and go on when you can. Everyone should try it! Google Baptiste Power Yoga --really -- there's no where I'd rather be than on my mat!

As for eating habits, my husband and I have a routine (when it's not holidays!) -- we start our main meal with greens -- spring mix salad usually (we just buy the big bin at the store) and we add in protein (sorry @jugar -- usually chicken!) but sometimes it's fish -salmon, mahi mahi burgers -- and we cook up some mushrooms/cauliflower (add garlic and tumeric!) and eat that -- we don't even use salad dressing -- it's a beautiful meal and it fills us up! I've been drinking tea this week whenever I want a glass of wine -- there was much wine during the holidays! -- but I think it's important to detox. I have a delicious blueberry green tea that is quite satisfying on winter evenings.

I love the suggestions everyone is posting -- we also have a 2 yr. old black lab mix we got from the animal shelter last summer (she's "medium" -- 50 pounds) and FULL of energy -- and she loves carrots too! Walking her is another activity -- she will walk forever! And I hear you about the strength training that goes with walking a dog -- she's good until she sees a squirrel up a tree and thinks she can actually get it! :wink:
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,836 Member
    mrslrucker wrote: »
    Is this how I report for my weigh in?
    SW:171.4
    CW:170.7

Perfect! Thanks, and well done!
  • jugar
    edited January 2020
    @juliemargaretkim you have made me feel ever so slightly bad about living so far away from anywhere that would have Baptiste Power Yoga! It sounds amazing. I will try to find a studio in central Massachusetts when I am down dog and house sitting for my dad in the last week of January. And thanks for the meals descriptions. Holidays are over, but eating wonderful stuff isn't!

I got lots of steps in today - a big snowshoe trek around the woods - I did the full circle that takes around 90 minutes, and is FULL of hills, all going up for most of it! When I'm feeling tired, I do it in the other direction :blush: But today it was perfect. I saw the nicest little area of deer beds under three huge old hemlock trees. Looks like they had not gotten up long before. The snow is perfect right now. Then I did a pretty tough Pilates routine to work the arms and abs. Making up for a lot of sitting yesterday - feels good.

GOLD STARS o:) for everyone with Sun-Mon-Tue weigh-ins! They are all in!

HEADS UP for Wednesday people:
    @fourathomej
    @offitgoes
    @evelynladams527
    @cedarfoxy
  • ddmiddleton2
    ddmiddleton2 Posts: 17 Member
    ddmiddleton2
    1/7 steps= 13,406
    Today was hard as I’m fighting a cold or something so it is really wearing me out. All I feel like doing is sleeping. On the bright side, I’m logging my food consistently this week😀
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,245 Member
    ddmiddleton2
    1/7 steps= 13,406
    Today was hard as I’m fighting a cold or something so it is really wearing me out. All I feel like doing is sleeping. On the bright side, I’m logging my food consistently this week😀

That is great! But be sure to listen to your body.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Steps for 1/6/20 5,299

Did you post steps for 1/5?
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,223 Member
    STEPS:
    1/1 - 12922
    1/2 - 13016
    1/3 - 13271
    1/4 - 11934
    1/5 - 16297
    1/6 - 14308
    1/7 - 13092
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 536 Member
    Hi again! Look at me posting two days in a row! I go back to work this week, so I don't know if this will be a habit. I'll do my best -- I love reading everyone's posts.
    What a treat to read about your varied activities and cooking with your husband. I'm glad to see you here and look forward to reading more about the other teammates, as well.
    Cheers!
  • EvMakesChanges
    Steps for Tuesday 1/7/2020: 5,000
  • EvMakesChanges
    Weigh in: 190.0
    When I first set up my account, I saw a place where the steps and exercise can be discounted from caloric intake. I can't find it now but want to turn it off. Help?

I feel good about my weigh in today especially because it was pre-morning ablutions, as it were. I'm sure it'll be lower after that! I'm excited to be so close to the next "decade" down. Today will be a challenge to get much exercise, but I'll try. It's "meet up with step-mom and Dad" for lunch 3-hours (round trip) away Day. My step-mom and I have trouble communicating with each other and we both have overly sensitive feelings, it seems. I'll try approaching her with gratitude for taking care of Dad and attempt to be reasonable. If all else fails, I'll channel my sister, @jugar. That should help quite a bit since they all seem to get along so much better!
    Enjoy the day. I'll report back with steps...hopefully in the 6K range!
  • jugar
    edited January 2020
    Weigh in: 190.0
    When I first set up my account, I saw a place where the steps and exercise can be discounted from caloric intake. I can't find it now but want to turn it off. Help?

I feel good about my weigh in today especially because it was pre-morning ablutions, as it were. I'm sure it'll be lower after that! I'm excited to be so close to the next "decade" down. Today will be a challenge to get much exercise, but I'll try. It's "meet up with step-mom and Dad" for lunch 3-hours (round trip) away Day. My step-mom and I have trouble communicating with each other and we both have overly sensitive feelings, it seems. I'll try approaching her with gratitude for taking care of Dad and attempt to be reasonable. If all else fails, I'll channel my sister, @jugar. That should help quite a bit since they all seem to get along so much better!
    Enjoy the day. I'll report back with steps...hopefully in the 6K range!
    I think the Goal - Food + Exercise = Remaining is a constant in MFP, at least for free accounts. I just ignore the final number and try to stick to the first number for my calories. If I eat into some of the exercise calories, I try really hard to to exceed the final number ("Remaining"). Does anyone else know if this can be changed? I guess you could simply stop recording your exercise minutes and time in MFP, but that's no fun! I think also if you are using a connected device (fitbit or whatever) then there is a way to turn off "negative" something-or-other in your account settings. Hope that helps! I'm sure others are better at this stuff than I am. Basic User is me.

Have a good lunch today - I'm sure you'll do fine! My secret is a LOT of letting things just wash over me. I don't let it get to me - and just take a deep breath and agree (very silently!) to disagree. If it isn't going to change, and it isn't doing me harm, I let it go. Otherwise, find a calm way to discuss it or make your boundaries known. You've got this! I really don't think she and I get along so much better - I'm just good at building a strong bubble...

FABULOUS weigh-in!!! You are in the GREEN, and almost the 180s!
  • jugar
    edited January 2020
    STEPS:
    1/1 - 12922
    1/2 - 13016
    1/3 - 13271
    1/4 - 11934
    1/5 - 16297
    1/6 - 14308
    1/7 - 13092

OK - everyone - challenge accepted? Let's see if we can catch up to the amazing @fourathomej !!!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 968 Member
    @micki48 sorry I don't have steps for the 5th. My smart watch was having technical difficulties and did nothing that day.
    1/7 2,397 steps

Making slow progress on steps but getting there!
  • jugar
    Steps
    1/6 - 5911
    1/7 - 5839

Yesterday I wasn't as active as I wanted to be, but I did get 25 minutes on the treadmill, oh and I took a nice long hot bath... sometimes I guess you just need those down days. We had Lasagna for dinner, it was a a mini one from when I made one for the whole family a few weeks ago, (Kids work wonky schedules, so they aren't home for dinner much) meant to have a little salad with it, but I forgot.. I did Yoga, Pilates and Barre this morning, I decided that since going up a level in yoga, I would take my time down and build it back up, I did 15 minutes, so I added 10 minutes of Barre and 5 minutes of Pilates... I did find a new Pilates app I will try when I give myself more time, it snowed/ iced last night , so it took me forever to clean off my car.. I'm really liking the Barre though... Maybe eventually I can even get myself a tutu... :D

We all need the photo of @Gidgitgoescrazy in a tutu. Rocking that tutu. Please add a tiara to go with it - you are earning it these days!
    4wzvkec9j3n6.png
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    PW:177.2
    CW: 177.8

Tues Steps 12,099
This discussion has been closed.