WAISTAWAYS January 2020 Chat

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,093 Member
    Options
    I like the hourly steps idea. Gotta see about that...
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    cedarfoxy wrote: »
    When I first set up my account, I saw a place where the steps and exercise can be discounted from caloric intake. I can't find it now but want to turn it off. Help?

Home > Settings > My Goals
    Down at the bottom, you can toggle on/off

Thanks! I'll go look for that toggle now.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Back in 2014 when I broke my elbow, the xray tech said my wrist bones were unusually close together and asked if I often had pain.

I don't, but I am prone to pinched nerves. My wrist hurt after the gym on Tuesday, was feeling OK this morning, and then I briefly put weight on it and now it's useless. :/

Looks like I'm picking up a brace. *sigh*

It's very cold here which isn't helping. Very tempted to kill half my calories with giant mugs of hot chocolate with extra marshmallows. XD
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    Back in 2014 when I broke my elbow, the xray tech said my wrist bones were unusually close together and asked if I often had pain.

I don't, but I am prone to pinched nerves. My wrist hurt after the gym on Tuesday, was feeling OK this morning, and then I briefly put weight on it and now it's useless. :/

It's very cold here which isn't helping. Very tempted to kill half my calories with giant mugs of hot chocolate with extra marshmallows. XD

Sadly, marshmallows are too stressful on wrist joints! (kidding)

I *strongly* recommend using a neutral brace (keeps wrist in neutral) ONLY at night while you sleep. If putting weight on your hand stresses out the joints and makes the nerve pinching worse, use a smaller/narrower mid-arm wrap (often touted as good for epicondilytis) while working or exercising can be helpful. Physio tape or an Ace bandage can help while up and about, too. Again, the brace should *only* be used at night while you sleep because, if worn during the day, you will subconsciously "fight" it and royally annoy those very muscles and nerves you hoped to placate. (I am a massage therapist and also used to work in the Orthopaedics Department)
    Good luck!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options

Sadly, marshmallows are too stressful on wrist joints! (kidding)

I *strongly* recommend using a neutral brace (keeps wrist in neutral) ONLY at night while you sleep. If putting weight on your hand stresses out the joints and makes the nerve pinching worse, use a smaller/narrower mid-arm wrap (often touted as good for epicondilytis) while working or exercising can be helpful. Physio tape or an Ace bandage can help while up and about, too. Again, the brace should *only* be used at night while you sleep because, if worn during the day, you will subconsciously "fight" it and royally annoy those very muscles and nerves you hoped to placate. (I am a massage therapist and also used to work in the Orthopaedics Department)
    Good luck!

Thank you, I will try this!

I'm sure it'll be fine in a couple days as long as I can remember not to lean on it until it heals.

It's the pushups fault I think. Having my wrist at a 90 degree angle is hard.
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options

Boo that sucks... I put myself in a brace a few days ago, but just for my thumb, I don't know whats wrong with it, probably arthritis since it's everywhere else, but it hurts when I move it, so I thought I'd try not to move it for a few days to see if it felt better... Hope the brace helps, and it is just a simple strain.
  • jugar
    Options
    It's the pushups fault I think. Having my wrist at a 90 degree angle is hard.

Everything is always the pushups fault. Everything. Even eating marshmallows. And the cold weather. Blame the pushups.
  • jugar
    edited January 2020
    Options
    It is time for the week's BIGGEST weigh-in! HEADS UP!

deft76vceseh.png

Due FRIDAY:
    @Connie7355
    @jugar
    @AmyRobF
    @Pearl4686
    @Steph1498
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @mrsjar5311
    @mrs_chivonne
    @bunnybuns1111
    @ann_1403
    @conleywoods
    @mbutler2013
    @robertefortier536

There are some people on this list we have not heard from very much this week - let's hope there will be some lovely green numbers appearing anyhow! And after weighing in, post another message telling everyone how it is going, ok? Along with any questions, cool things you have tried, crazy rants, anything that you'd like to share! Of course, we want to hear all those things any day, whether or not it's your weigh-in day. :smiley:
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    @micki48 Sorry, it has been a crazy busy week.

Sun- 12,649
    Mon - 8,969 (meetings all day)
    Tues - 12,097
    Wed- 10,732
    Thurs - 13,866

I have only been sleeping 6ish hours...and not in a row, thanks to a sick baby. I feel pretty good about my eating this week, but y workouts have been lacking.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,260 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    @KellyBgetsfit Thank you for the steps. Nice job with your steps. So sorry to hear your baby is sick. Nothing worse than a sick baby. Hope they feel better soon. Glad to hear your eating went well. Wishing you more sleep and a healthy baby.
  • jugar
    Options
    @KellyBgetsfit - so many hugs flying your way. The hours of missed sleep are one of my strongest memories of early motherhood. My first was an insomniac - never slept more than a couple of hours at a time for 4 years. Don't worry for a minute about missing workouts, but take some good moments when you can to breathe deeply, stretch, and put your shoulders down. And hopefully you can sleep when the baby sleeps during the day a bit, at least on the weekends. Keep well, and look at those steps anyhow! Well done!
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Weight this am 216.2
This discussion has been closed.