MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLE January 2020 Chat

Options

Replies

• its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Well I am almost at the end of my exercise blitz this week. 9 workouts/exercises in 7 days. Just one more this afternoon- some strength training upper body.

So this is the first time I've done this much and it was a grind, not really physically but mentally and also finding the time. I had a very very light week at work so that helped. If anyone is interested these are the kind of activities:

-run x2
    -stair climbing x2
    -core workout x2 (this was core and some rehabbish type work)
    -upper body strength training x2
    -lower body strength training (this was some rehabbish type work for my hips)

So next week I am aiming for slightly less -8-. This is my own little program lol of 9-8-7-6 monthly cycles. I might come later and post my weekly goals. I also need to rejig my goals on the habit tracker, and make some changes.

Calories I have done ok and I checked my weight yesterday and it was down 2lbs although my official weigh in day is tomorrow.

@Katmary71 way to go with all the habits!

@sunshineplace it always feels good to get back on track.

@Motiv8tedMom so sorry about your root canal! I've had one so I know what it's like....I actually had one and then they wanted to replace the crown because it wasn't fit properly. Fortunately that was painless.

@raleigh_girl congrats on the loss!

@TeresaW1020 I'm so sorry to hear about your pastor. I hope he will be okay, sending warm, healing thoughts to him and all of you.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,558 Member
    Options
    Saturday check-in
    Exercise- recumbent bike
    Calories- under
    Water over

Not feeling well so just a quick peek in.

Habits
    Weights 3xs a week- done
    Cardio 30 minutes- done
    Yoga workout- no, recovering
    Core stretches daily- no because of injury
    Cleaning/decluttering- same as above
    Recipe- still working on rotisserie chicken, made potatoes and asparagus but that's not a recipe
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    weigh in

I think this is week 4? Not sure

Name: its_cleo
    PW: 157
    CW: 156.2
  • Motiv8tedMom
    Motiv8tedMom Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day Sunday
    Pw: 212
    Cw: 209
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    qavofjth3815.jpg

8sm7leo4p8gs.png
    shksgcgi6ir8.png

35h6l6ynusf8.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Weight No More 0.45%
    2nd Mission Slimpossibles 0.39%
    3rd Downsizers 0.31%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Weight No More 24.0 Lbs
    2nd Mission Slimpossibles 18.7 Lbs
    3rd Waist Aways 14.6 Lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @achagpar 4.27 %
    2nd @Luciicul 4.21%
    3rd @gharvey2753 4.00 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @gharvey2753 7.2 Lbs
    2nd @Luciicul 6.1 Lbs
    3rd @nbbaby 5.9 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @hope002
    @cory17
    @lennoncpa
    @raleighgirl09
    @kirsten11872
    @michaelyoulten
    @kayla7303
    @simbersea

f2kezktqhgrm.png

• apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Weigh in
    Apple852hk
    Week 4 - Jan 2020
    Sunday
    PW 164.4 (74.6kg)
    CW 163.8 (74.3kg)
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Wayyyyy to go Slimpossibles!! We fell a little bit but look how close we were to number one! I know that we can push hard and get back on top for next week!! B)

b1k1ny3bklim.png
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    Sunday Check-in:
    Calories: under
    Water: over
    Exercise: rest day

I took full advantage of my rest day and after church drank some of my amazing Christmas blend coffee and worked my newest jigsaw puzzle while listening to Dr. Jason Fung on intermittent fasting and to Jame Clear's book Atomic Habits. I was very happy to see my pastor this morning looking and feeling great. He still has some vision loss and we are all praying that it returns fully. :)

INFORMATION for those you do Intermittent Fasting or those interested!!

I know that many of us here do some form of IF or you might be interested but not sure what it's all about. I just signed up for The Fasting Lifestyle Summit. It's FREE!! It starts tomorrow and runs through February 2nd. There will be many speakers on the topic of IF and other health-related topics that you can listen to. If you are interested click the link below and it will explain it all. You can purchase all the programs but I am just doing the free and will listen to the talks that I'm most interested in. Plus, I downloaded the FREE stuff they had to offer. ;)

The Fasting Lifestyle Summit
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Sunday check in
    Hello peeps! Apologies for such a long time away! Quick check in - I have had a busy several days! Last night I read through a couple days of posts and created a long reply that was sucked away by the internet devils. =<

CONGRATS to all who lost and maintained, it's awesome work! Slimpossibles had a great showing again this week and it's due to the personal attention to the details - this weight loss stuff is not for wimps! I personally had a 2 pound gain on both Saturday and Sunday morning so I am just hoping to maintain by my weigh day on Thursday and be official green! But I'm doing what is needed and will just try to figure out the sodium and not worry about the rest.

Water is not as good for the last few days
    Cals are good with the exception of Friday when I decided to snack - have not logged it yet but keep thinking I will - hope I'm not kidding myself
    Exercise has been good
    Sleep has been good on the weekend but will be short tonight
  • canzone777
    canzone777 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Canzone777
    Week 4
    Previous: 163
    Current: 163
  • canzone777
    canzone777 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Frustrated that lb numbers are moving all over the place, but I have lost an inch around my abdomen this month, so that is good. Work has been rough this month, averaging 12 teaching hours at school most days (extracurricular season!). Add to that the stress of dealing with challenging students, and I have made some poor food choices due to shear exhaustion. Not giving up though. The past is the past and I choose to look ahead. It is a new week and I have made a few life changes to try and curb the exhaustion. Fingers crossed that this week is more on track! Come on will power!!!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @its_cleo good loss!

@Motiv8tedMom nice drop!

@apple852hk great loss!

Congratulations team!

@TeresaW1020 I'm glad you were able to see your pastor and hope his eyesight recovers. It sounds like you had a very relaxing and healthy time learning about fasting, drinking special coffee, and doing your puzzle. I hope your knees are feeling better today.

@canzone777 I hope this week goes better for you and your changes go well! Sounds like you're losing inches despite the scale not moving.

• Katmary71
    Options
    Sunday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- bike
    Water- over

Today's better than yesterday though I didn't get much sleep because of pain. Hoping tonight goes better. I only started doing body strength exercises in December and yoga 2 weeks ago but miss doing it after cardio! It is nice to get out of sweaty clothes right away though. It's stupid but it's bugging me that I don't get to check boxes in Habit Tracker and my exercise bullet journal but know I need to rest or I won't recover. I'm going to the gym tomorrow, hopefully the stair treadmill and leg machines won't be too jarring as long as I'm careful about holding on.

If any of you go to Panera and like butternut squash the Autumn Harvest soup is really good, I ended up wishing I'd ordered a bowl instead of cup and salad.

Habits
    Weights 3xs a week- going tomorrow but arm weights are on hold
    Core/stretching daily- on hold
    Yoga- on hold
    Cardio 30 minutes a day- done
    Decluttering/cleaning- to finish the kitchen I need to mop and polish cabinets so I'll need to recover first. Didn't do anything aside of dishes and straightening up
    Recipe- nothing planned, making turkey taco meat for lettuce wraps but it's not a recipe. Maybe something with salmon.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,043 Member
    Options
    Team Mission Slimpossible! Welcome your first new member for February - I am sure they will be dropping by here to get all ready to go for next month:
    @starcrystal3
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    Congrats to @its_cleo, @Motiv8tedMom, @apple852hk for your losses this week!! B)

@canzone777, yes not losing weight is frustrating. I know!!! But you are losing inches and your attitude is exactly what you want it to be. You are NOT giving up and moving forward with determination. It’s really not about willpower but about the commitment you make to yourself. You got this and we are here for you! <3

@Katmary71, yes you need to take rest days and especially if you are in pain. Be good to yourself! <3

@starcrystal3, welcome to the team!! Please jump right in and make yourself at home. :)

Good morning and happy Monday!! :) I am starting this week determined to lose weight and crush my goals!! I’m starting a new Beachbody on Demand workout called 80 Day Obsession. I’m going to make a menu for healthy, calorie-controlled dinners, fast for at least 19 hours a day, drink all my water, and stay focused! I have some big events coming up at the end of February so I’m going to keep my eye on the prize, which are the new shirts that are hanging in my closet and need to be worn!! B)

ztsq4fsk5f8l.jpg
  • wrknonmedaily
    wrknonmedaily Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Good morning, I was expecting so much more because Friday I had hit 230. Not today. Today I am 233. Crazy how that works. Happy I am not over tho. :) I'll take staying the same.
    Monday weigh in:
    Username: wrknonmedaily
    Week 4
    Monday
    PW 233
    TW 233
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Monday, January 27 weigh in
    rachelleahsmom
    week 3
    starting weight 145
    previous weight 143
    current weight 142
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Hurray Team Slimpossibles! As a team, we lost over 18 pounds last week. Super impressive! Hurray for everyone, however your number landed on this particular week!

@wrknonmedaily - Hurray for staying steady, for sure!
    A 3 pound change between Friday and Monday just sounds like water weight, so it's great you have such a good attitude. Do you eat out more on the weekend? Restaurant food can contain lots of hidden salt.
    Anyway, keep up the great work! 😀

@TeresaW1020 - It sounds like you are frisky and raring to go this week! I love those new shirts calling to you! 👍🏽👍🏽
    Oooh, and so great you hooked up with the Dr Jason Fung summit. It sounds inspiring!
    Playing with your daily fasting window is a really effective tool for many people! (I go for 13-14 fasting hours/day, and that seems to be working well for me right now.)

@Katmary71 - I am so sorry about your injury bothering your sleep. Sending relaxing thoughts and mojo. 👐👐

@canzone777 - Hurray for staying steady! (That takes work!) Hurray for your great attitude! And hurray for losing that inch!
    Is there anything you can do in advance to make choices easier for yourself? Just asking. Leaning on willpower can get tiring!
    Whatever you do, keep up the great attitude and the great work! 😀

@Apple852hk , @its_cleo and @Motiv8tedMom - 🎈 WOW!Great weigh-ins this week, all three of you! Congratulations!

@its_cleo - Your exercise blitz has sounded like such fun for you! That is SO great!
  • nbbaby
    nbbaby Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    nnbaby
    Week 4
    Monday
    PW: 213.8
    CW: 211.0
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Sunday Check-in
    Calories: on target; all good, on-plan choices
    Water: on target
    Exercise: platform stepping
    5 Habits: Checks for 5 out of 5! ✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️
    Grateful for: my son's safe return from his trip; my husband's partnership in parenting, housework and fitness

Goals and Improvements for Today (Monday)
    Work my 5 Habits!
    - Breathing Exercises (daily 2+ min)✔️
    - Meditation (daily 2+ min)✔️
    - M.A. Forms Practice (daily 2+ min)
    - Exercise (6 x week/45+ min)
    - Food weighed/measured/on plan (daily)
    Exercise
    - Martial Arts Class
    Other
    - Work on the To Do List!
    - Includes working on my office!
This discussion has been closed.