MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLE January 2020 Chat

Options

Replies

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Team Mission Slimpossible! Welcome your first new member for February - I am sure they will be dropping by here to get all ready to go for next month:
    @starcrystal3

Hello, @starcrystal3 ! Welcome to the Slimpossibles team! Feel free to join in the conversation!

23d14n149jy5.gif

• raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Monday check in

Uuuhhh - this is hard this week! Ugh! A struggle week and I'm not sure why but also seems like not a lot of time to really dive in.... I'm working to knock off at least one item, but more if I can, from what seems like a very long list of to-dos. Honestly put - I think it's just things I have put off and for some reason decided now to make them more important. Ok - so I finally called the dentist office about the payment we never received from the insurance from the hubby's September visit. Ok - so, for real - it's only a stressor because I waited for so long to make remembering it a priority. And, of course, it was joined by other things, over time. Dunno - just tryin' to continue calling my BS on my BS when the BS pegs so hard to the right that it breaks!!!

@its_cleo CONGRATS on a successful week! Love your 9-8-7-6 monthly cycle plan - WAY TO GO on a great weigh in!!
    @Katmary71 hey, I sure hope you're feeling better and the injuries are healing... =>
    @Motiv8tedMom wow, look at you go - congrats on the great weigh in!
    @Apple852hk so awesome - on the green team, go girl!
    @Canzone777 way to hold steady, nice and still GREEN!! =>
    @TeresaW1020 I love your plan for marching toward and crushing the goals! I do the same with clothes 'hanging' around, it really does motivate me!!
    @wrknonmedaily I really admire your outlook! I also have very wide swings in weight and one day can be 1 to several pounds in either direction - we'll just keep forging ahead, right?!? =>
    @rachelleahsmom great weigh in, so happy for you!
    @nnbaby - WOW, that is a fabulous drop, way to go!
    @AustinRuadhain I am thrilled to see you often lift up your hubby in gratefulness for his partnership with you. I know my life is more full and happy for the Franklin I have in it. It is a true blessing to have the gift of a true bonded partner and love <3<3<3

• sunshineplace
    sunshineplace Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Oh @raleighgirl09 you are singing my tune. Both about the struggle week and about calling the BS on your BS. I needed to hear that. Lol

I haven’t checked in for awhile...so much about my promise to myself. So I re-evaluated things. I am having yet another very busy week and I am overwhelmed. I decided to just get through this week however that looks and cut myself some slack. This is a journey and there will be bumps along the way and this is a bump. (I just feel like 2019 was full of so many bumps and I expected better from 2020!). Losing weight and taking good care of myself takes a lot of time and focus and some weeks I don’t have the time or the focus.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,122 Member
    Options
    Please welcome your newest member! Recommended by @AustinRuadhain (thanks!) -
    @vegan4lyfe2012

They will be added to the spreadsheet and dropping by here to get started!
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Jactop
    Weigh in: Monday
    Week 4
    Previous: 207
    Current: 207
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,600 Member
    Options
    Welcome @vegan4lyfe2012 !

Good maintaining @Jactop !

@starcrystal3 welcome to the gang!

I'm having trouble posting tonight so my posts will be short in case I lose them.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Monday check-in
    Exercise- stair treadmill, leg weights, bike
    Calories- under
    Water- over

Gym was tough today, probably did more than I should've but iced when I got home and have been resting since.

Habits
    Weights 3xs a week- did legs
    Cardio 30 minutes- done
    Yoga- on hold
    Core- on hold
    Cleaning/decluttering- none, just did laundry
    Recipe- made turkey taco meat with homemade seasoning, kind of counts?
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    01/29
    Check In
    Username: mrmcgrath
    Weigh in week: Week 3
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Weight: 198.3
    Todays Weight 196.8💥

Yesterday
    Calories: under
    Water: over/under? Over
    Macros: low protein
    Exercise: walking

Yesterday’s Fitbit/mfp stats:
    5872 steps. 4500 goal steps
    2.56 miles
    2402 burned calories
    27 active
    79 sleep score
    58 resting sleep
    1311 calories consumed

Macros by grams. carb 162g, goal > 258g, fat 52g, goal 44-77g, protein 63g, goal 70g

Basic Goals
    30 active (heart rate driven) minutes: 👎
    Complete food diary: 📖
    Stay hydrated(more than 64 oz): 💦
    Stay below sugar goal: candy 🍭
    Meet fiber in range:🥬
    Daily self care: meditating, crafting, reading, etc. 🧚🏻
    Sleep: minimum 7 hours 💤

My vision for 2020:
    To find out who I am outside of “mom” since I will be an empty nester in the 5 months.
    To love me no matter where I am at in my journey.
    To pursue habits and hobbies that I will enjoy and that will enrich my soul.
    To focus on total health (mind, body, and soul)

Don’t let any one weigh-in dictate what I do.
    Choose to do the work.
    Choose to show up & do the actions.
    Don’t give up when you get your first bit of resistance.
    Stick to your habits no matter what. Ignore your ego and avoid complacency.
    Keep a connection with others who understand what this journey. Isolation is not helpful
    Don’t hide when weight gain happens. Assume it will. Share your truth, and don’t let your mind tell you no one will understand.
    Make up your mind that you are and will be successful.
    Accept that this is your struggle, and you will not be fixed. I will need to continuously manage my condition.

Spent the weekend camping with my husband! The hiking and fishing were good for my soul!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options

@raleighgirl09, I hear you about putting things off. On the front of my computer monitor, right in my face, are several sticky notes of things that I really need to do. Maybe it’s time for me to call BS on my BS too! ;)

@vegan4lyfe2012, welcome to the group!! Being recommended by the great AustinRuadhain means you are going to be a wonderful addition to the team! :)

@Kaymary71, I thought you were going to take it easy! But I love your determination and commitment. <3

@mrmcgrath, so glad that you had a relaxing time camping with your DH. I wish my DH understood how shopping is good for my soul. :D

Good morning!! :) So, I did my first 80 Day Obsession workout yesterday and forgot how hard this program is. Last time I only made it 2 weeks but I’m going all the way this time and will modify when I need to. The trainer uses resistant bands in many of her routines and the last time I attempted to do the program the stupid rubber bands kept rolling up my legs making me crazy. So, the other day I ordered some fabric ones and they are amazing and don’t roll up at all! This morning is a booty workout with the bands and I’m already hurting just thinking about it. :#

Remember Team that this is the last week for our KEEP IT GREEN CHALLENGE!! Let’s finish strong and at the top!!!

1mclp7suoc2b.png

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Monday check in

Dunno - just tryin' to continue calling my BS on my BS when the BS pegs so hard to the right that it breaks!!!

LOVE THIS!!!!! I needed to hear this right now!

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    @starcrystal3 @vegan4lyfe2012 Welcome!

@Katmary71 Hope the soreness goes away soon.
    @TheresaW1020-Glad to hear your pastor/friend is better and hope his vision continues to improve
    @mrmcgrath Sounds like a great weekend!

Just caught up on several days of posts, so I'm sure I forgot something important.......

STAY GREEN ALL!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @mrmcgrath Camping is so relaxing, I'm glad you were able to go and hope it wasn't too cold.

@TeresaW1020 Way to go on being dedicated to your workout! I know what you mean about rubber resistance bands, I did a HIIT cardio workout recently and you tie the band around your ankles and jump in the air spreading your legs for resistance. Not only was it hard but the band kept rolling to my calves. I didn't even know there was fabric ones! I figured I was taking it easy! I'm not doing arm weights, planks pushups and sit ups, and no yoga because of all the arm balancing. Gym IS pushing it a bit.

• vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    Oh my! I just read all the previous posts – what a fabulous bunch of humans you all are!

Hello, everyone! My name is Jennifer. I just turned 46 this month and I am a single parent of 3 adult children – my oldest (son) is 24 and currently deployed on a carrier ship. My middle (daughter) is about to turn 23 in March and is happily married and lives about 45 minutes away. My youngest (daughter) is going to be 20 in two weeks. She lives at home and is enrolled at the local community college. I am about to celebrate 15 years at my job. I work in Community Development for my County. I love it because I’m doing something different almost every day.

My highest weight was about 9 years ago when I was 210. I got down to 145, then back up to 190, then down to 150. I am such a classic yo-yo dieter. Three years ago I was at my “happy weight” of 155. Stress from my son being in the military and my youngest daughter being bipolar has affected me in such a negative way. Unfortunately, I am back up to 198. I try not to beat myself up. I’ve been seeing a therapist and she also referred me to a dietician. Things are steady looking up. I feel like this time of losing weight will be better as I am not depending on myself. I am depending on God to sustain me through the rough patches. I had ankle surgery last September to repair a tendon. Doctor said it can take up to a year for it to be back to normal, so I am doing exercises as my ankle allows. As the weather improves, I enjoy hiking at the dunes. (I live in Southwest Michigan, on the Lake, so it’s beautiful to hike.)

I am looking forward to sharing triumphs with all of you! Thank you for including me!
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Monday Check-in
    Calories: under; all good, on-plan choices
    Water: on target
    Exercise: outdoor walk
    5 Habits: Checks for 5 out of 5! ✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️
    Grateful for: my health

Goals and Improvements for Today (Tuesday)
    Work my 5 Habits!
    - Breathing Exercises (daily 2+ min)
    - Meditation (daily 2+ min)
    - M.A. Forms Practice (daily 2+ min)
    - Exercise (6 x week/45+ min) (outdoor walk today?)
    - Food weighed/measured/on plan (daily)
    Other
    - Work on the To Do List!
    - Includes working on my office!
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Oh my! I just read all the previous posts – what a fabulous bunch of humans you all are!

Hello, everyone! My name is Jennifer. I just turned 46 this month and I am a single parent of 3 adult children – my oldest (son) is 24 and currently deployed on a carrier ship. My middle (daughter) is about to turn 23 in March and is happily married and lives about 45 minutes away. My youngest (daughter) is going to be 20 in two weeks. She lives at home and is enrolled at the local community college. I am about to celebrate 15 years at my job. I work in Community Development for my County. I love it because I’m doing something different almost every day.

My highest weight was about 9 years ago when I was 210. I got down to 145, then back up to 190, then down to 150. I am such a classic yo-yo dieter. Three years ago I was at my “happy weight” of 155. Stress from my son being in the military and my youngest daughter being bipolar has affected me in such a negative way. Unfortunately, I am back up to 198. I try not to beat myself up. I’ve been seeing a therapist and she also referred me to a dietician. Things are steady looking up. I feel like this time of losing weight will be better as I am not depending on myself. I am depending on God to sustain me through the rough patches. I had ankle surgery last September to repair a tendon. Doctor said it can take up to a year for it to be back to normal, so I am doing exercises as my ankle allows. As the weather improves, I enjoy hiking at the dunes. (I live in Southwest Michigan, on the Lake, so it’s beautiful to hike.)

I am looking forward to sharing triumphs with all of you! Thank you for including me!

Welcome, Jennifer! This is a great group of people. They are my new best friends!

I'm originally from Michigan - but the other side of the state from you. We spent many summers climbing the dunes and doing fun things in SW MI. I live in the frozen tundra of ND now.

Sounds like you are doing all the right things, and you have definitely come to the right place for acceptance and inspiration. I'm glad you're here.
  • metubal
    metubal Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven't posted anything all week... and no weigh-in yesterday.

Metubal
    January week4
    PW 178.6
    CW 179

So frustrated with myself for the last 2 weeks. Not paying attention to my caloric intake or macros, not exercising, not drinking enough water, and definitely snacking in between meals.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 It's wonderful to meet you! It sounds like you have a great emotional and spiritual base. Hiking is wonderful exercise, I hope you're able to enjoy it more as you recover!

@AustinRuadhain You're doing amazing with your habits!

@metubal What about trying to change one habit at a time? Sometimes doing all of it at once is too much at the same time.

• Katmary71
    Options
    Tuesday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- recumbent bike
    Water- over

Habits
    Weights 3xs a week- doing legs tomorrow, arms still on hold
    Cardio 30 minutes- done
    Core/stretches- on hold
    Yoga- on hold
    Cleaning/decluttering- nothing worth noting
    Recipe- made more vegetable broth, not really a recipe. I placed my Imperfect produce order Thursday then stopped at the store Sunday, the box came yesterday and I now have 2 of everything, including 5 broccoli crowns and two huge red cabbage and a bag of coleslaw. I just discovered I like cabbage these days but come on! At least it stays fresh for awhile. Anyhow, going to try coconut aminos on broccoli, it's really good on popcorn and I can't stand coconut!
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    @Katmary71 - What's the goal you have related to "Recipe?" Is it "cook something from scratch?" If so, making your own broth, from some perspectives, is AWESOME.
    Oh, and as far as cabbage -- that's a winter veggie I have been loving of late. Something I do is cut it into strips, put in a microwaveable dish with a spoonful or so of water, and then steam until toothsome and tender. Yum! It's slightly sweet and a lovely texture. I have just been sprinkling with a bit of black pepper to play off against that slight sweetness. I'll see if I have any coconut aminos to try on it today!
    Another great way to eat cabbage -- my husband loves a broth-y soup, Keto No Noodle Chicken Soup, in which cabbage strips are added late in the soup making and cooked until just tender to replace noodles.

Oh, and thanks for the nod on the habits!

Hey @Metubal - We are so glad to see you checking in! Big hugs on the number not being what you want. We have all certainly been there!
    You have a whole long list of things there you want to improve! As @Katmary71 says -- would it help to ramp up? So maybe just choose focus on one thing from your list, like tracking caloric intake or macros, as a start? Picking one do-able thing at a time, and having the day be a win if you get that one thing done, can make this whole fitness project so much more manageable and fun!

@vegan4lyfe2012 - We are so glad you joined our team! This truly is a great, warm,. generous bunch of people, super supportive. I hope our team is a great resource for you as you work on taking care of yourself and meeting your fitness goals.

@Cornanda - I am with you -- the whole idea from @raleighgirl09 of "calling my BS on my BS when the BS pegs so hard to the right that it breaks" is awesome!

Back later!
This discussion has been closed.