• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    -Feb 17-
    on-plan cals: :mrgreen:
    on-plan carbs: :mrgreen:
    workout: :mrgreen: 1/6 cardio
    NEAT: :mrgreen:

Didn't get to workout Fri and do all the kids' things took up my whole day.

Yesterday I actually got to walk outside! Which means the ground was dry enough, and it wasn't raining for a change. It was warmish too. It's almost hiking. The Fitbit calls it 41 floors of stairs. Awesomeness!
  • vkrenz
    vkrenz Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    After a very fun walk/run outside on Sunday. We got over 5 inches of snow on Monday, the weatherman forecasted rain. Ick, hopefully it melts soon, the piles are getting higher.

Check in for Feb 17
    1. get rid of 5 lbs by 2/29. I've got the rest of this week and next, I'm hopeful
    2. stay < 35 net carbs daily. Did great after bombing the weekend
    3. stay < 1,500 calories daily. Did good
    4. intermittent fasting 16:8 every day. Good
    5. Plan ahead every day.

Keep up the good work everyone. Consistency+Persistence+Time= Success
  • bacpath
    bacpath Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Doing well on calories and carbohydrates. Fasting is going well- I think it is really helping me. Better than expected weight loss. Good news after over indulgence on Valentines with wine and chocolates.
    Have severe metatarsalgia in my foot and cannot weight bear, so exercising is a challenge. Any suggestions for sitting, or non-weight bearing programs?
    Good wishes to all
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    2/18

Spent time in gym last two days, so at least I feel good about that. Downloaded a free book on sugar addiction. It is located on sugaraddiction.com, if anyone is interested. Thought it might help me with my intense sweet tooth.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    bacpath wrote: »
    Doing well on calories and carbohydrates. Fasting is going well- I think it is really helping me. Better than expected weight loss. Good news after over indulgence on Valentines with wine and chocolates.
    Have severe metatarsalgia in my foot and cannot weight bear, so exercising is a challenge. Any suggestions for sitting, or non-weight bearing programs?
    Good wishes to all

Check out youtube for things like "chair exercise", seated exercise, etc.
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Feb 16-18 check in:
    Mindful eating ✅
    Under calories 🥴
    Carnivore ✅ Eatin’ meat like a champ
    Water consumption ✅

Calories have been up the last few days but I’m trying to work out how much meat will satisfy me at each meal. A full week in and hubs and I are doing well with it so far.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Day 18:
    1. Eat within cal/carb limits o:)
    2. Do scheduled strength training o:)
    3. Do 20 min cardio >:)
    4. Find some daily inspiration and share it o:)

Hit Costco on the way home, so by the time strength training was done there was no time for cardio...looking at my calendar I'm now a full 2 weeks without cardio (or I forgot to write it down, which is also a possibility)...so, I need to really make that happen...to be fair, I do walk and take the stairs every day, but I'm also trying to get a bit more cardio in...good for the heart and all.

Today's inspiration:

wrn63usxbknq.jpg
  • vkrenz
    Options
    Check in for Feb 18

1. get rid of 5 lbs by 2/29. about 10 left, I am hopeful
    2. stay < 35 net carbs daily. keeping them low
    3. stay < 1,500 calories daily. Did good
    4. intermittent fasting 16:8 every day. Success
    5. Plan ahead every day. Need to make my lunch for the next day before 11pm at night :)
  • CrispyStars3
    CrispyStars3 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Days 17-19

1. Workout-> cardio OR weights:
    Monday: :neutral: Tuesday: :neutral: Wednesday: :sweat_smile:
    Working late & going in early last 3 days (& today). Multiple co-workers are out sick and customers want everything TOMORROW. :lol: Found a fantastic resolution before leaving work last night- super excited for the changes to come... including getting my workout in every day. ;)

2. Weigh/log food daily:
    Monday: :naughty: Tuesday: :naughty: Wednesday: :yum:
    It is coming together :lol:

3. Keep carbs to a minimum/daily <50:
    Monday: :naughty: Tuesday: :naughty: Wednesday: :star: :
    I am going to assume I went way over on Monday & Tuesday. I do keep specific foods with me at work should I not take a lunch (which is often), but I am terrible at keeping track at what/how much I am consuming.

4. Tan: at least 3 times a week--
    **Ha! Not happening so far... maybe tonight if I leave work at a decent time.

8. Try 10 new recipes: 3 down, 7 more to go...
    I made myself cook despite getting home late. Was good!

6. Clean out garage by end of month: ...in progress.
    Super excited for this weekend! Moving out a few large pieces of furniture on Friday (weather permitting). Saturday will organize & finish out the job.
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Day 19:
    2. Do scheduled strength training >:)

Taxes last night, so no workouts...I'm planning to try to make it up tonight...headed to the beach house this weekend for massive yard work...not sure if I'm going to pack weights to try and keep up the strength training or not, but I'll decide tomorrow...for sure I won't be working out Friday since I'll be driving, might double up Saturday, and should totally be able to do Sunday...and I'll be traveling in the truck, which bothers my hips less than the car, so that's cool and it's way better for hauling dirt and mulch!!!
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    ygb9reummvbl.jpg
  • taylok23
    Options
    Feb 19 check in:
    Mindful eating 🤨
    Under calories 🥴
    Carnivore ✅
    Water consumption ✅
    Yesterday’s dinner may have been too light but I didn’t give it time to settle before I grabbed some nuts to snack on. I did mindfully set them aside before going overboard but likely should have had more protein instead. The darn things are almost gone so I will get them out of here soon. Still no sugar cravings and am sleeping great. Hubs is starting to see a loss on the scale. I’ll wait and check over the weekend for results but am just feeling firmer across the board.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    -Feb 19-
    on-plan cals: :mrgreen:
    on-plan carbs: :mrgreen:
    workout: :mrgreen: 3/6 cardio
    NEAT: :mrgreen:

Good day. Knee mostly behaved. We shall see if we can do more legs in strength today.

• amckholmes
    amckholmes Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Back after being away from home for nearly two weeks. Bottom line did not remain mindful about ANYTHING good. Am home now and remembering it was a bumpy patch of road. Day three of super clean, very low carb eating and normal gym time. Feeling proud of myself for not throwing in the towel and punishing myself further by continuing the poor decisions. Onward! Big thanks to everyone on this forum who continues to share, it is not only motivating, but also helps me realize I am far from alone on a bumpy patch.
  • vkrenz
    Options
    Good job with everyone's successes. I agree people sharing is a great motivator.

Check in for Feb 19

1. get rid of 5 lbs by 2/29. remaining hopeful with 9 days to go
    2. stay < 35 net carbs daily. way low at 13
    3. stay < 1,500 calories daily. success
    4. intermittent fasting 16:8 every day. another success
    5. Plan ahead every day. I'm already planning my Saturday.

I have been using the Darebee workout website doing Foundation Light every day. So far, so good.
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Day 20:
    2. Do scheduled strength training o:)o:)

Yesterday was top end for calories, so within goal, but just barely. No cardio, but I did catch up on strength so completed Wed and Thurs workouts.

Tonight I'm headed to the beach house, which means phone only and no PC. Typically MFP doesn't work on my phone, so I end up tracking food with Fat Secret which does work.

I will get on if I can, but if you don't hear from me, I'm still cheering for everyone and wishing you the best!!!

Also, my scale is being totally crazy, but I think I'm down at least a pound for the month so far...and my rings are still tight, so I'm hopeful that there's at least one more pound in water to come off...but, I ordered a new scale since I just replaced the batteries in this one and it's started cutting off and being rather inconsistent...already...what a pain in the patootie.
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    0ev3lvky5rhx.jpg
  • taylok23
    Options
    Feb 20 check in:
    Mindful eating ✅
    Under calories ✅
    Carnivore ✅
    Water consumption 👎
    Didn’t drink as much water as I should have but it wasn’t terrible either. I ate less yesterday at both lunch and dinner because I just wasn’t feeling it. Definitely not craving anything and at least a bit, food doesn’t seem to have the same draw it did just a few weeks ago. Progress? We’ll see. Keep up the good work everyone!