WEIGHT NO MORE - February 2020 Chat

Options

Replies

• sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,447 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    3e2eka4cbpr6.jpeg

Someone posted this on MFP and I thought it was cute. I am not going to read into it that it may not be a realistic goal, I just like how hard she is trying. :) But still a good message. Don't give up on your dreams. As I said last night-good day yesterday, no reason for it not to be a good day today! Hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday!

@amsandos That isn't too bad after pancake day. Just get right back on track. I hope you get the internet sorted out soon. We do miss your posts. Are you still training? I don't want to ask too much because I know you can't always get online.
    @GingerPwr That's not a bad weigh in between TOM and Mardi Gras. I love what you are doing for lent too! I was going to do the 40 bags for 40 days for lent but maybe I need to do something healthy instead.
    @brown6267 Fantastic stepping!
    @Freeglerock I am so happy to see you posting! I missed you! I know that you had a lot going on in your life so it is not too surprising that your healthy habits took a back seat to everything else. Don't be too hard on yourself. I am so happy you are still doing well with not smoking. So give yourself a huge pat on the back for that. I think concentrating on your sleeping is a good place to start, especially if you are getting up to eat during the times you are awake. Remember with everything else, small steps add up. Drink 1 more glass of water than you are now, add 500 extra steps a day, leave a few bites on your plate-you would be surprised how these small things do add up. I haven't even had close to the last 6 weeks that you have and I put on 5 lbs. I also was very close to being back over 200 so let's both finish February strong and have an awesome March! Hugs! I am so glad you are back!
    @Cafelelia I have had to cut walks short for the same reason Lol! Other than cutting your run short, sounds like you had a great day! Isn't it cold up there? I think it must be tough running in the cold or maybe your winter is mild like ours.
    @nstephenson01 I know the scale can be a great motivator but it also can make you feel like you are today. Remember, if you are doing what you are supposed to, just keep it going. The extra pound could be anything. Even if tomorrows weigh isn't what you wanted, stick to it and the scale will cooperate eventually. Hang in there. Good luck with all you have to do today. I know you are a good neighbor but I was wondering if you had a community transit service. I know in my town and my Mom's they had a transportation van for elderly. I have only seen it in my neighborhood but we did sign my Mom up for hers and it was $3 a trip. They only stayed in the county. I am not sure if you are in too of a remote area for that to exist. I was thinking maybe you could talk her into signing up incase you aren't available or are away. I do feel bad her world is kinda turned upside down right now. It is nice that you are such a loving neighbor.
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    Today's Leaping-Groundhog challenge-

Day 25 - February 26. What fears might be holding you back? What would you do right now if you feared less?

wyn825b8zd1t.png

The link- https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10783307/leaping-groundhogs-the-02-2020-questions-challenge#latest
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    tryingagain5
    Wednesday
    Week 4
    PW: 186.6
    CW: 185.8
    .8 loss
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    I have spent 3 days cleaning and organizing the Fairy room. Just finished. That was so challenging. I had to organize all my clothes, (2more bags to goodwill), all my jewelry (more goodwill), all my crafts and planning supplies, and my fairies. I dusted, cleaned baseboards, mirrors, and vacuumed nooks and crannies. I took before and after pictures. It’s such a happy room!!!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    5d6whae5t7ih.jpeg
    avg6c9i1c65e.jpeg
    fkmkvocc5nt7.jpeg
    ivlrqjpndhh6.jpeg
    Before
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    fvinhjjzd6az.jpeg
    Day 2
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    q870fps42vo6.jpeg
    wa1eui0tewd9.jpeg
    0r71x7uhn3bj.jpeg
    1d8sydwxdyzu.jpeg
    lcxkmoixvr20.jpeg
    zzg7gebr0qzt.jpeg
    g6mqtsd1dkug.jpeg
    After
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    51kk59sqcroz.jpeg
    I love how my card wall turned out.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    I ate so much yesterday. My goal is 147 by Friday. I need to get my actions to match my goals. I think it was the pressure of getting everything done. I’m running out of time. Feeling good though.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    @nstephenson01 don’t get too discouraged. I gained weight these last 2 weeks just so I can jump back in with you! Lol. It’s definitely not easy. I was doing good then weighed and felt discouraged too. I think that’s why I ate so much yesterday. So much is pure mental. Hang in there! Spring is a great time to renew our efforts!
    @Cafelelia I am so excited that you are finally able to do a 5K again! Good for you. I know it has been a long journey. Great job with the water too. I’m being told that I need to keep mine high up there too.
    @Freeglerock my heart goes out to you in your time of grief. Pretty remarkable that you are now a non-smoker. One of the worst habits to break. Hang in there. Good to hear from you.
    @sleepymom5 sounds like your getting back into a good groove! I’m holding on to each day of Winter. I love the 4 seasons. But there is no doubt that Spring is coming quickly! I have thought of you while I was cleaning. I never did do the “nitty gritty” in the fairy room last year. Just closed closets and doors and made it presentable. But I did do all the other rooms. Now I look around and it’s time to do them all again!
    @1theresamcvean you have been through so much. But it sounds like decisions have been made. Hang in there. The majority of us our emotional eaters so we can definitely relate. It will be okay. Keep showing up. We are here for you.
    I miss doing my work outs. Water and steps are on track!
    I will catch up with everyone else later!
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    Tuesday 2/25 check in
    Food: logged and under
    Water: 64 oz
    Exercise: 40 minutes
    10 minute warmup on the treadmill
    30 minute intense session with my trainer

I stayed for OT, even though I had planned on saying no, I ended up saying yes. It will be nice on the paycheck. Got to bed late because of the OT, then the gym and since I didn't get enough sleep I took a nap before work so the day seemed really short.
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Hello and happy Wednesday team. It’s a lovely snowy night here in Romeo Michigan and I’m taking turns at watching some tv and shoveling snow. It’s still snowing but I don’t want to let it get so heavy that I can’t lift it😀. Plus,there is something relaxing and peaceful about shoveling snow during a snowstorm. Maybe that sounds crazy and obviously I would rather not shovel snow at all - but since it’s unavoidable I’m trying to appreciate the beauty of the evening. Plus I’m getting a few extra steps in🕺
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @lennoncpa
    No snow here in West Michigan. On Monday they had put out a winter weather watch for us from Tuesday through Thursday for up to 6 inches of snow. By yesterday morning the watch had been cancelled. The storm system went south of my area. There was maybe an inch of snow this morning when I got out of work.
    I think of snow shoveling as exercise too. It's been a pretty mild winter on this side of the state.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @rungrendrocks
    We just finished Still Alice about a 50 year old with early onset Alzheimers and are currently reading Before we were yours, which is story based on real events. It's about Tenessee Children's Home and a lady named Georgia Tann, who took kids from poor families and basically sold them to wealthy families.
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    Options
    Shhhhh, I'll tell you a secret. In the middle of the afternoon I like to sneak away from my desk and into the work gym and do some nice peaceful stretching. Ahhhhhh, bliss.
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    Wednesday 2/26 check in
    Food: logged and on track
    Water: 80 oz
    Exercise: 30 minute walk, PT, Stretching and strength

I really have been doing well this week. I know it is only Wednesday but considering how the rest of the month has gone, I am excited. I do seem so tired lately. I feel like I have been rushing around from place to place. Now that I am home, I am going to make a point in getting at least 7 hours a night. Looks like a quiet day tomorrow so no reason not to continue my little string of good days. Hope everyone's week is going well.

@tryingagain5 Congratulations on 50 pounds lost!! I know it isn't easy but you have worked hard and have been really focusing on living a healthier life. You are really an inspiration! :)
    @Mrsbell8well What a productive day! The room looks amazing! :) Those white booties are so cute! I was afraid you got rid of them but I see they are tucked further in the closet.
    @lennoncpa I actually know what you mean. It is so quiet and you can sort of hear the snow falling. It is peaceful! Enjoy! And yes-good exercise and extra steps. :)
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx It is so nice there is a place you can sneak away to! I bet that is a great escape after sitting at your desk all morning.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx what a nice break!
    @tryingagain5 congratulations!!! 50 ponds is a big achievement!!! I’m glad your trainer was so supportive!
    @lennoncpa I love the story of you shoveling in a snowstorm. It does sound peaceful and like a lot of exercise!
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    Options
    Now that I'm home from work...

@tryingagain5 Congrats on 50 lbs. That is a true achievement!

@Mrsbell8well I love your room. Are those Tinkerbell/fairy style slippers that I see? Because I'm going to need a pair like those lol!

@lennoncpa You realise that shovelling snow is only something that happens in stories in my world, right? One day I'll see snow fall, and build a snowman, and burn a bazillion calories shovelling snow while earning a healthy dislike for it most likely. But for now it exists in fairytales and Christmas songs. Do you wanna build a snowman??? ❄🎵

@sleepymom5 You're doing great. I need to get more sleep too, I've been going to bed far too late and then getting up early to leave for work by 6.30am. Today I was barely awake in a meeting and then nodding off at my desk this afternoon! That's when I disappeared to the gym and posted that photo, but I go there most afternoons anyway. Nobody has found me yet 😁😁 The break and the stretching did wake me up a bit at least. I am going to bed early tonight though, thank goodness tomorrow is Friday!
This discussion has been closed.