WEIGHT NO MORE - February 2020 Chat

Options

Replies

• rundgrenrocks
    rundgrenrocks Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    @tryingagain5 thanks for the book titles. Congratulations on 50 pounds lost! I lost two pounds this month, so I could be like you in two years if I can just keep it up. It was inspiring to hear from someone on the other side of that 50 pound loss! Thank you!
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    02/26 steps 11111
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5 great job stringing up your good days! Glad you get a chance to pause and focus on your needs. Those ivory booties were on my Christmas wish list. I had been drooling over them for months! Molly let me buy them but I had to put them under the tree. I love wearing them.
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx yes those are tinker bell type slippers!!! I love them. Bought them at old navy ❤️
    I met my step goal of 7k yesterday. Today 8k.
    Food still over. I’m going to have to do some skipped dinners. Molly is taking me to lunch tomorrow so I will skip dinner tomorrow night. Maybe go out to a movie.
    I have been enjoying my time off and eating all this wonderful comfort food. But I need to get the scale back down. We all know how 5 pounds up easily turns into 10 pounds. Uh uh not gonna happen!
    I have general cleaning today and helping mom set up her new planner. No errands today.
    Have a great day everyone!!!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    ru3qhz71b026.jpeg

Omg these damn hot flashes! Ugh! Oh well, onward-ready for another great day! I am like Angelina-no errands! It is windy in Philly, I need to go find our garbage cans. I swear when we have winds, it is always trash and recycling day. Hope everyone has an awesome day no matter what the weather is by you.

ffqt95sc6dcq.jpeg

It isn't too early to start thinking about the weekend. What are your plans? Do you have a plan if you are going out or have some social occasion? Remember, not to let the weekend ruin the progress you have made. You can still go out and have fun but it is really easier if you plan ahead how you are going to handle things. It takes the stress out of making a decision in the moment when you may be more tempted. Looking up menus before you go to restaurants, planning how many appetizers and drinks you will have at a party and keeping up with exercise and water will all help you navigate your weekend plans. Just something to think about heading towards the weekend. :)

@xX_PhoenixRising_Xx I was thinking that the bike ride home, although not an easy ride, must be nice after a long day. Hope you had a good nights sleep and Happy Friday to you down there! :) Btw-I have to say I love how you named your bike ride in your exercise diary Lol!
    @rundgrenrocks I am glad you hit your goal for the month. I didn't even hit the not to gain goal. Although I didn't lose this month but I have actually been losing slowly. Restriction and exercise routines I can't keep up didn't work for me long term. I would take 50 lbs in 2 years too.
    @brown6267 How about that number?! Hope all is going well :)
    @Mrsbell8well Do you go back to work on Monday? I want you to take the time before you go back to think of where you were post surgery and where you are now. See how those little steps added up? Also see how well you feel now compared to when you were still recovering? You needed that time to heal and recover. I want you to remember this when you have to listen to your body and slow down or recover. It isn't the end of the world, you will be back to where you were. For how strong we are, the human body can be surprisingly fragile. You need to listen when it needs a break or needs to heal. I am glad that you are doing so well now. I know you are probably ready to get back to work. :)
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!
    Running around this morning so will catch up on posts a bit later. 15 cm of snow overnight!! Schools still open but me son’s bus was cancelled so he has to tag along with me today. Shovelling all of that snow did not do much to close my Apple watch exercise ring! It is a rest day anyway but that watch is such a little taskmaster!
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    @Mrsbell8well Great job organizing that room! We need to rework our closet space, but we also need to go out and get a new dresser in order to do that.

Yesterday was pretty good with food, but I got home hungry and had probably too much of some popcorn.

Doing okay on the no sugar thing - I used half and half in my coffee this morning because it only had 1 gram, but I think drinking it black will be easier.

I have another run today! Tuesday's run was better than Sunday, but still not great. Fingers crossed that today will be better.
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    nstephenson01
    Week 4
    Thursday
    PW: 168.2
    CW: 168.8

Grrrr... wrong direction. Gotta run and pick up my neighbor to take her to her doctor's appointment. Hope to catch up on posts later today.
  • sleepymom5
    edited February 2020
    Options
    @Cafelelia I just don’t know what the Apple Watch is thinking sometime! Lol! Good luck with your busy day.
    @GingerPwr The no sugar is a huge deal, for me at least. Great job so far, keep it going!!
    I am also impressed how you put it out there and committed. I am having trouble doing that for alcohol.
    @nstephenson01 That isn't much of a gain at all. Did you realize you have lost over 2lbs this month? Great job!

• sleepymom5
    Options
    I almost forgot!!

Today's Leaping-Groundhog challenge-

Day 26 - February 27. What’s the most underrated diet or fitness idea you can think of?

lislfkh9duc6.png

The link- https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10783307/leaping-groundhogs-the-02-2020-questions-challenge#latest
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Hello all! Hope you are doing well! Sorry I have not posted much lately, been busy & the app kept giving me issues.

This week has been going ok, not too bad, but not great. I have not worked out much this week, I have been getting in a lot of steps, but I have not done a workout. I am going to try to go to the gym tonight. I have a dentist appointment after work, then I am going to go home, change and head right out. Even if I tell myself to just do a half hour, it is better than nothing. I am sure, once I am there, I will do at least 45-60 minutes, I just have to get myself there!

My eating has been ok. Yesterday I did well with my eating, I felt good last night, not full or bloated. I packed my food for the day, all healthy stuff, so I am hoping to have another good day. I just have to figure out what I am going to eat for dinner.

@tryingagain5 congrats on the 50 pound loss, that is awesome! I am struggling to lose anything at this point!

@sleepymom5 did you every try the cocktail mix? I am curious to find out what you think.

Have a great day! :smile:
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx you totally made my day. What a hoot! So you’ve never gone skiing or snowboarding or ice skating until you couldn’t feel your toes anymore!! I don’t do that anymore but I definitely used to always do it as a kid. I can’t wait to have grandkids so I can build a snowman. I haven’t done that since my boys got too old to enjoy rolling balls of snow into the shape of a snow man.
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @tryingagain5 we had major storm warnings for Wednesday so all the local schools called a snow day ahead of the snow, which is unusual. We kept thinking that the forecast was wrong until about 2:00 pm when it started to snow and didn’t stop until sometime past midnight. For the most part we have had a pretty mild winter for sure. The weird thing is - last Sunday it was like 54 degrees out which you would understand is like a heatwave this time of year. I guess that was just a tease. But I definitely got my steps in yesterday. And a good upper body workout lifting that snow.
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Ljdanny
    Week 4
    Thursday
    Pw 188 ?
    Cw 188.8
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    Thursday 2/28 check in
    Food: logged and on track
    Water: 64 oz
    Exercise: 30 minutes walk, PT, strength and stretching

Can you believe it? Another good day! Tomorrow should be too. I am happy I have been sticking to my plan this week. Next week I will level up but I am not sure with what yet. I know little steps add up so time to make another little step up. Tomorrow I have an early morning so I am not sure if I will get back on here except to post my weight. Hopefully I will check back in at some point. No plans tomorrow night. Thanks goodness. I feel like I have been going out almost every weekend, usually starting on Thursdays. I am going to a play on Saturday afternoon. We are supposed to go to brunch first. I will know more tomorrow.
    @kirsten11872 The app seems to be giving people trouble again. I know you are busy. On days you don't have time or don't feel like driving to the gym can you work out at home? Maybe do a workout video? Just a suggestion, I know sometimes after a busy day, the last thing you want to do is turn around and go back out. I actually haven't tried the mixer yet, I brought them to the shore but everyone was drinking beer. I just drank when we were out. I ordered more for here so I will try them soon. I am hoping this is something I like for the summer.
    @ljdanny Just a small gain this week. It is hard when you are in pain. I hope that shot helps and you start feeling better. You have been suffering so long with this. I love your Granddaughter's name. It is so sweet that both of your son's included you or your mother in their daughter's names. Yes, sometimes kids can be nice Lol!
  • Fi45
    Fi45 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Fi45
    PW 201.0
    CW 203.6

Birthday week so although there were some reasonable food choices made, there were also some very bad ones! A lovely week with friends and family so happy to take the hit.
  • rosieposiesrl
    rosieposiesrl Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Weigh-In Day: Friday
    Week #: 4
    PW: 65.50 Kg / 144.40 lbs
    CW: 65.75 Kg / 144.95 lbs

I’m hoping to get back on track for March, but has some traveling involved which is a bit difficult with my diet restrictions so will have to plan really well. I’m really looking forward to it!
This discussion has been closed.