WEIGHT NO MORE - February 2020 Chat

Options

Replies

• 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 932 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    @sleepymom5 Thanks for the encouragement, Pam. I'd like to keep my weigh-in day at Friday, even though I was late last week. I'm thrilled about your great week ~ you needed that. Great loss too! I'm going to print out your rhino/unicorn post. Very apt for when we get down on ourselves.

@Cafelelia What a great idea to post here instead of eating. I'll give that a try. Right now I'm drinking STASH Chocolate Mint tea. Such a treat and zero calories. It smells and tastes ridiculously like cheating. The wind and the snow that past couple of days has kept my footsteps down. I see it hasn't stopped you from running. I'm very happy for you. It's hard to be away from running for so long, but good that you waited. I'll come cheer you on at your 5k and take pics for the rest of the group. :smile:

@timibotkin I agree with you about coming here and the group cheering me up. Sorry to hear about your health news. Big big hugs.

@tryingagain5 Big congratulations on losing 50! Also you had some great days this week balancing your shift work with activities and rest. That's such a difficult balance to keep.

@GingerPwr I switched to black coffee about five years ago and can't imagine it any other way. I used to be convinced that there was a preponderance of bachelors drinking their coffee black because they didn't have it together to keep stocked up on cream, etc.

@lennoncpa Is tax season over yet? Grandchildren are such fun. Soon enough you'll be back to building snowmen. Great loss!

@JillyBT Great idea about using the scale at the gym!

@ljdanny Layla Jane is a lovely name. :smile:

@Mrsbell8well Wow, do I ever like your fairy room! The bedding is perfect and everything is set up in such a relaxing yet inspirational kind of way. Were those Tinkerbell slippers I saw in one pic ~ the grey ones with the pom-poms? On that note, my parents nicknamed me Tinkerbell when I was little. In an awful twist, they nicknamed my sister Tubsy. She's a good sport though and has given me a collection of Tinkerbell gifts over the years including a watch and a Royal Doulton figurine from their Fairies collection. Also, thanks for the tarn-x tip. I am going to look for that and clean up my silver things too.
    xtz0k4mwbefc.jpg

• 1theresamcvean
    Options
    @Freeglerock Oh, my goodness. After all the losses you've had recently, now your cat Dax. People underestimate the grief at the death of a pet and Dax was 19. My heart just breaks for you and your family. Take good care. Nice to see you moving back into tracking. You'll regroup and be back on track soon enough and we'll be here to help.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,453 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    @pacsnc6 Nice loss! Great way to end February! You are so close to the 150s!
    @lennoncpa You had a good week and a great month!
    @Mrsbell8well Beautiful jewelry! It is like Christmas but with things you already had! I wish I went to Molly's school, our class rings were just the typical class rings. That is so cute!
    @timibotkin I have been thinking about you. I know that isn't the news you wanted to get and I totally understand why you would feel the way you do. You have been doing everything right for so long and I am sure you are at a level that is more than frustrated. (Angrated? Frustanger? I am new to the combining words :)) I don't have to tell you, it is better to know and be treated than to not know until it is too late. I know you are tired of all of this but just know you are in my thoughts and prayers. Continue all the healthy habits you have developed and don't for get about self care too. Don't be afraid to take people up on their offers to help. People genuinely want to help and don't know what to do. Make things easier on you. Sending prayers and hugs. xoxo
    @tryingagain5 I have seen those hydro beds but have never been able to try one. I would be afraid they would have to wake me up to get me out of it! Lol! Sometimes it is hard to make choices when you are hungry. You are usually so good so don't beat yourself up and get back on track.
    @1theresamcvean OMG! Can Pippa be any cuter? And look at that little tea set! How adorable. I know you are going through a lot and you also are in my thoughts and prayers. I am glad Pippa could bring a little joy into your day. xoxo
    @Freeglerock I am so sorry about Dax! To lose a beloved pet who has been part of the family for so long is hard. Hugs my friend. I think just putting one foot in front of the other and just take it day by day. Like you said, you are doing better than you have. Just meet yourself where you are at and just try to make each day a little better than the one before. You got this my friend!
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    @KUMEcyclingteam Congratulations on the loss! Great looking meal prep.
  • CassieGetsFit2013
    CassieGetsFit2013 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! Just wanted to wish you all a happy Friday and also hope everyone has a great weekend! I'll be here Sunday to post my weigh in. HOPE it's a good one! Also, here's a UGLY pic of me and it shows how obese I am...😭 Love you all! 🥰
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @timibotkin that’s an awesome thing to have on your bucket list!! I forgot where you live. Do you normally get a lot of snow?

@Freeglerock I think I heard we are supposed to be in the 50’s coming up this week so the snow will all be gone. This has been the strangest winter. Seriously, last Sunday it was 54 and then on Wednesday we had a major blizzard. Go figure!!!

I’m still in the heart of tax season, but my eating has been very healthy so I feel very healthy. Isn’t that amazing how it works that way!! So I take it a day at a time and today I choose to only put good food in my body. I’ve been keeping off the pounds that I’ve lost so slowly my clothes is getting looser on me. That feels great! Don’t you hate when your clothes feel tight and you have to suck in to zip up your pants!! Anyways, I try not to overcommit myself so I won’t set myself up for failure. Little goals and doing it a day at a time. That seems to work best for me!!
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    Friday 2/28 check in
    Food: logged and on track
    Water: 64oz
    Exercise: 30 min walk, PT, Strength and Stretching

I had a good week and plan to keep it going through the weekend. Tomorrow morning I am going to go to a show in Lancaster which is about an 1.5 hours away from me. A group of us are going so it will be fun. We are leaving very early so we can have brunch before the show. I am hoping we will go home right after. I am not worried about this. I planned a rest day, I am going to order the healthiest option and eat till my plus 2. I won't be drinking. I will make up the water when I get home. I will drink before, at brunch and the rest when I return. Sunday I have nothing going on. I hope to get some stuff done around the house and get ready for the week ahead. Not sure if I will have time to get on here tomorrow morning but I will catch up when I get home. Have a great weekend everyone!

@KUMEcyclingteam Awesome loss! Meal prepping is a great way to set yourself up for a successful week. I need to start doing it myself!
    @CassieGetsFit2013 I think it is a good picture. The only thing that is missing is a smile :) You have great hair btw!
    @lennoncpa I just love your attitude! Little goals and one day at a time is a smart approach to weight loss and it does work.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,215 Member
    Options
    On February 29th, be sure to go answer the final question on the Leaping Groundhogs Challenge!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10783307/leaping-groundhogs-the-02-2020-questions-challenge#latest
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    39nfrc9a1b7q.jpeg

March team chat is now open! We will still be posting on this thread on Saturday but will start posting Sunday on the March thread. Please go over and introduce yourselves, reflect on February and set your goals for March.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10787087/weight-no-more-team-chat-march-2020/p1?new=1
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Friday 2/28 check in
    Food: over
    Water: 48 oz
    Exercise: rest day

No OT for anyone today but we have to go in 2 hours early on Sunday. I slept my morning away and ended up not doing much with my afternoon. Every once in a while I have a day or two where all I want to do is eat. That was yesterday and today. Wasn't necessarily unhealthy food, just way too much.

I probably should have gotten up earlier to go to the gym. I usually get more energized when I go.

I had dinner with my dad, sister and brother-in-law tonight. Got home around 9 and was going to watch TV for a while before going to bed. Apparently I fell asleep in my chair and woke up about 10:15. Guess I should go to bed.😊
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    Options
    Trying to catch up on all the posts...

@Freeglerock I'm so sad about your cat Dax. I'm a big Star Trek fan, although my boy is named Drax after Guardians of the Galaxy.

@sleepymom5 Yes it is really nice cycling to and from work, even though it's hot here. 27 Celcius on the way home each night. I feel like "me" for the first time in a few years though, being able to get out and exercise. It's awesome. And which entry in my diary specifically did you like, lol? I have a few! "Adipose is my Bit$h", "Fat-bottomed girls, get on your bike and ride!" And "Go go thunder Thighs!" Pmsl. I'm sure I'll think of more, too 😁

@lennoncpa I have been ice-skating, but not since the 90s when I was a teen. We have rinks here. We also have snow, but not in places I have been to. And the only time I've lived in places where it snows in winter it hasn't snowed! (I'm sure it's me!)

@timibotkin I'm sorry you're having a rough time right now with your diagnosis, but spring is coming so maybe you'll be able to get out riding more. I'm all for doing whatever I can that makes me happy, whenever I can manage to do it 🙂

@ljdanny what a beautiful name your granddaughter has! My children all have family names in their names too, or names from our family heritage/bloodlines. They love being able to say why they have the names they do.
  • CassieGetsFit2013
    CassieGetsFit2013 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    sleepymom5 wrote: »
    @CassieGetsFit2013 I think it is a good picture. The only thing that is missing is a smile :) You have great hair btw!

Thank you for thinking my pic is a good one! I know, I hate smiling...I mean it's like literally hard for me to do! I always seem to only smile when someone makes me laugh...😜 I always get compliments on my hair! It needs a trim, but ONLY a SMALL trim! Lol. I like it long and sometimes I don't even realize how long it is til I see it in a video or picture!

• sleepymom5
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Just checking in quick before I finish getting ready! Hope everyone has a great day!

Don't forget-tomorrow we will be on the March thread that I posted above. Go over and introduce yourselves, reflect on February and state your goals for March. :)

Ok...now have a great day ;)

@tryingagain5 Everyone has those days, sometimes it just means your body needs more fuel, somedays it could be something else and not really hunger, boredom for example. Next time, eat healthy if you are truly hungry. If you are not, go back and read the post I did about a week ago about no giving in and making new habits. This is something I struggle with. You have lost 50 pounds so I know you know what you are doing. Just a thought. :)
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx I am so glad you are back and feeling more like yourself. I was so happy when I saw you post again on MFP. Through the years you have been such a supportive friend on here. And..I love all of the exercise names you have! Lol! I saw another one this morning when I was scrolling Lol!
    @CassieGetsFit2013 Yes you do have beautiful hair, long and thick! I have always had thinner hair so I could never grow it that long. :)
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    The final question on the Leaping Groundhogs Challenge

Day 28 - February 29th. Well, it is time for the Leap Day question. Leap day is traditionally a time to be bold. The day of the red petticoats, the decisive action, the wild leap. What really brave thing have you done this month? What really brave thing do you need to do soon? Answer both if you dare!

yr03fvfutshi.png

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10783307/leaping-groundhogs-the-02-2020-questions-challenge#latest
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    02/28 steps 11423
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Brown6267
    Week 4
    PW 138.8
    CW 137.8
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Zumba_luvah
    Week 4
    Pw- 184.4
    Cw- 185.4

• Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    6lgqs11fed0r.jpeg
    A day late but I will take it. Yesterday morning I was 148.8. I felt pretty ashamed about it. But also ready. I had over 11K steps, drank all my water, downloaded the IF app...I’m over 18 hours and counting, and pretty much accomplished everything on my to do list.
    Slept 8 1/2 hours. Weight this morning 146.4. Phew!!!! That’s better. My next goal is 146 by Monday then 1 pound a week till I’m back at 142.
    Now that my house is so clean i am noticing anything that isn’t. Things you overlook now stand out. It’s been such a luxury to have time to do it all! I feel like I’m back to me again.
    Goals today: 10K steps, 64 oz water, no gluten, no sugar, no lectin.
    Today I am going to the bank, grocery shopping, finishing moms happy planner (we had fun working on it together last night), deep cleaning our bathroom tub especially the jets, and food prepping with Skylynn. It’s her Sunday to cook. Spinach stuffed shells, salad, garlic bread and Macarons. She has been begging to make macarons for almost a year. She has never had one but totally intrigued by them. I will snap a picture. They are a challenging cookie and a bigger challenge since we’re making them vegan with aquafaba. (Canned Garbanzo bean liquid).
    Have a great weekend everyone!!!
This discussion has been closed.