Options

Replies

• Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Terytha wrote: »
    Saturday weigh in: 298.2

Weight loss just so slow since the new year started. Not that I should be surprised what with all the birthdays and events. Oh well. I'm still getting stronger and putting on muscle so I just need to find some patience.

My allergies have basically cleared up today and I slept pretty well so we'll call this the fresh start. I'm gonna just have one really good week, that's my first goal.

Pssst! Amber! You are so used to typing a 2 as the first digit of your weight, that you forgot you can now start with a 1!! :wink:

Glad your allergies are feeling better! Go for that perfect week :heart:

Oh gosh, that's funny. Yep, I gained a hundred pounds this week! A gallon of gasoline has 31,000 calories and I was very thirsty you see. =P

I've been in a very negative headspace lately. This week I'm gonna try get my life together.

Step one is a secret, because they say talking about doing a thing gives you the same satisfaction as actually doing it, so you should never tell anyone about something you want to do until you've been doing it a while. Otherwise you might not.

Next weekend we're traveling to another city for a hockey game though so who knows what my calories will be. We're going to try make up for it by walking everywhere.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,263 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Hi there Waistaways!

@jugar and I do this on line Pilates thing called The Balanced Life and she has a free 5 day challenge coming up in March. The emphasis is on strength and stress relief, so if anyone is interested in trying it out, here's the link to sign up below. She's really good. Let us know if you're going to try it out and we can all be accountable. The more the merrier.

https://thebalancedlifeonline.com/pilates-strength-stress-relief-challenge/?inf_contact_key=74a52303e1e22257586870b90a1e5bd716358d5485884e2f31e6019a0d26c8b0
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Trying to do better today at keeping the calories down.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,114 Member
    Options
    cory17 wrote: »
    Trying to do better today at keeping the calories down.

You've got this - make this week a reasonable loss, then next week, too, so you have 2 in a row. You're getting good at the one week, so see if you can hang in there for 2. You'll feel great. :heart:
  • jugar
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Hi there Waistaways!

@jugar and I do this on line Pilates thing called The Balanced Life and she has a free 5 day challenge coming up in March. The emphasis is on strength and stress relief, so if anyone is interested in trying it out, here's the link to sign up below. She's really good. Let us know if you're going to try it out and we can all be accountable. The more the merrier.

https://thebalancedlifeonline.com/pilates-strength-stress-relief-challenge/?inf_contact_key=74a52303e1e22257586870b90a1e5bd716358d5485884e2f31e6019a0d26c8b0

You beat me to it! I was going to share this link. Even if you only do the free 5 days, it will make your week. It begins on March 9th.
  • micki48
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Hi there Waistaways!

You beat me to it! I was going to share this link. Even if you only do the free 5 days, it will make your week. It begins on March 9th.

Great minds think alike!🤣😘
  • micki48
    Options
    I am still struggling to stay focused and disciplined. This afternoon I started eating lots of sweet things. Something I haven’t done in a while. While it was not mindful, I was able to finally stop myself and log it all. Check out my diary if you want to see the wide range of things I was shoveling in my mouth. Lol Repeat, as ugly as it was, I logged it!! That’s a win. I didn’t want to go to the gym because it’s getting cold and dreary. I knew I needed to get some cardio in, so I hauled out my stationary bike and pedaled for 34 minutes. Then I made dinner. We had angus burgers. My husband does not want to buy in to the meatless Monday thing and I am not into cooking two meals. I ate about 2/3 of my dinner and got the worse tummy pains. I stopped eating. It felt horrible. That doesn’t usually happen to me. I feel better now, but ugh. So I’m pretty sure I’m done eating for today and ended up under calories.

I forgot to share I may have broken my index finger yesterday or at the very least injured it badly. It’s so bruised from my middle knuckle down to my hand. Swollen stiff. Oowie!!! Taking ibuprofen helps. How did I do this you ask??? I smashed my hand into a doorway carrying a microwave that we were loaning to someone. #klutz 🤚🏼💥🔥🤬
  • jugar
    Options
    I am still struggling to stay focused and disciplined. This afternoon I started eating lots of sweet things. Something I haven’t done in a while. While it was not mindful, I was able to finally stop myself and log it all. Check out my diary if you want to see the wide range of things I was shoveling in my mouth. Lol Repeat, as ugly as it was, I logged it!! That’s a win. I didn’t want to go to the gym because it’s getting cold and dreary. I knew I needed to get some cardio in, so I hauled out my stationary bike and pedaled for 34 minutes. Then I made dinner. We had angus burgers. My husband does not want to buy in to the meatless Monday thing and I am not into cooking two meals. I ate about 2/3 of my dinner and got the worse tummy pains. I stopped eating. It felt horrible. That doesn’t usually happen to me. I feel better now, but ugh. So I’m pretty sure I’m done eating for today and ended up under calories.

I forgot to share I may have broken my index finger yesterday or at the very least injured it badly. It’s so bruised from my middle knuckle down to my hand. Swollen stiff. Oowie!!! Taking ibuprofen helps. How did I do this you ask??? I smashed my hand into a doorway carrying a microwave that we were loaning to someone. #klutz 🤚🏼💥🔥🤬

Holy moly! Maybe there is a link between the maybe-broken index finger and the sweets? Pain makes us do weird stuff. But wow - you logged it all, you did the stationary bike - and you're done for the day. Take a deep breath, a deep bow, and rest. Then rest some more. And maybe get that finger looked at???? :heart:
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    Hope you all made it through Monday. Sounds like it was a little harder for some of us. I hear you guys on the sweets lately. I had a big platter of Valentine's candy in the house and I dumped it all in the trash this weekend. I still have a few things in the house but trying to keep it together. Got my workout in this morning and doing good on calories so far as long as I stay out of the snacks.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    @micki48 I checked your diary. Tasty stuff! Chicken Spinach Artichoke Lasagna sounds amazing. :)

Too much snacking gives me stomach pain too. I made some bad choices yesterday and ate most of a bag of Lindor chocolates and I've had discomfort since. I guess it's just a reminder that moderation isn't just for weight loss, it's also because too much of a good thing can be a bad thing.

I hope your hand feels better soon. Remember to have lots of RICE. ;)
  • juliemargaretkim
    juliemargaretkim Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Only one day late this week! Wish it was better news (it's not because I'm not trying....it seems like my body LIKES this extra 10 lbs....)

134.2 for this week. I'm looking for 133 by next week.... I'm taking it one day and one pound at a time.

@jugar -- I think you will appreciate this -- my husband and I met with our retirement funds person yesterday and it's official...I am retiring end of this semester. Do you guys know what that means??? I have to finally clean my office. For real!

Great weeks everyone -- I've not had much time to get on here -- but I'll try to catch up....
    @micki48 - I'm going to look into the pilates thing - I will let you guys know for sure if I sign up (that AND yoga should help get those stubborn pounds gone!) --- and good luck @matthewsfive !
  • jugar
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Only one day late this week! Wish it was better news (it's not because I'm not trying....it seems like my body LIKES this extra 10 lbs....)

134.2 for this week. I'm looking for 133 by next week.... I'm taking it one day and one pound at a time.

@jugar -- I think you will appreciate this -- my husband and I met with our retirement funds person yesterday and it's official...I am retiring end of this semester. Do you guys know what that means??? I have to finally clean my office. For real!

Great weeks everyone -- I've not had much time to get on here -- but I'll try to catch up....
    @micki48 - I'm going to look into the pilates thing - I will let you guys know for sure if I sign up (that AND yoga should help get those stubborn pounds gone!) --- and good luck @matthewsfive !

Wow wow wow! Retiring after a long time in higher ed is quite the change, but clearing the office is the worst!! Luckily, I had moved offices several times as I went through 2 positions in the upper admin and several construction-induced building changes, and was back in my department only the final 4 years before retiring, so the clearing out was already partially done. But it was still brutal. I think there are still boxes unopened ever since, and there is a filing cabinet filled with teaching materials that I do not have the slightest idea what to do with. A bonfire is probably the best option. Have fun with that!

Yes, your body likes that extra 10 pounds, but once you retire you'll have no excuses! And you DID lose 2.8 of them this month :smile:
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!
    It's a still and dreary morning here, so I can get a lot of work done, right? I'm bummed because it is too warm for snowshoeing - the snow packs up under the feet and turns the whole thing into an uncomfortable mess. It will get snowy tomorrow for a few days, and cold again, thank goodness. Meanwhile, I'm stuck on transforming my daughter's old room (the STUFF!!!!), cleaning, and the exercise bike. And Pilates!

@conleywoods you are today's poster child! Already exercised, threw out candy - officially inspiring. Thanks! :grin:

@Terytha yep, pain from overdoing is real. Even overdoing healthy food. Dangit.

@matthewsfive - good luck! I hope you'll let us know how you're doing after the surgery some time. We'll be rooting for you!

@KellyBgetsfit - remember when you were giving birth? Someone was probably telling you when it was time to push, and the then cheering you on. Well, now you need to push! You know what to do, and can try to find new ideas when you need them. You are in the right place, so ready, set - log, move, and eat healthy! You've got this! :mrgreen:
  • AmyRobF
    AmyRobF Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    @micki48 I hope your finger is better soon!

I’m reading everyone losing a pound and even half a pound! Be proud. It is still a huge accomplishment.

I have been doing pretty well so far this week. I saved some calories for cake. I’m pretty excited. 😁 I really Hope come Friday Morning I have lost at least something!!!

Y’all keep up the good work!
  • jugar
    Options
    Good to see you @AmyRobF ! I hope you enjoy the cake, but then keep on track until Friday! And Beyond!!

Quick catch up -

OVERDUE:
    @ejdp254

DUE TODAY:
    @ddmiddleton2

HEADS UP for Wednesday weigh-ins:
    @offitgoes
    @evelynladams527

This is the home stretch for February, folks! Let's hope we wrap up the month in fine fettle.
  • ddmiddleton2
    ddmiddleton2 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    ddmiddleton2:
    PW: 200
    CW: 200lb

Seriously this is a reflection of last week. I hit rock bottom last Friday night when I let the stress of my work get to me. I came home from work, had scrambled eggs and a bagel. Then took my daughter to her gymnastics class where one of her friends parents went to get their and came back with dinner for me as a kind gesture. To my horror and sense of trying to spare this parent’s feelings, I proceeded to eat the Culver’s crispy chicken sandwich, half the fries and half the chocolate shake. I have not been that disgusted with myself in a long time. I woke up Saturday morning and made a plan to find a workout plan I will enjoy and be way more mindful of what I put in my body. So far I have worked out every day. I have logged my food every day as well- still need to make progress but I know that this a journey so I am trying to be patient with myself. I hope moving forward I can make my way in day be Saturdays to correlate with my reboot for the month of March. Thanks to all of you who share. It helps me to not feel alone with my frustration.
This discussion has been closed.