WAISTAWAYS - February 2020 Chat

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,050 Member
    Options
    cory17 wrote: »
    CW 211.8

Woo hooo! You had a great week. Now be sure that you don't celebrate by having a not-so-great week - you get 2 weeks green in a row, and you'll be dancing in the livingroom! Well done.
  • jugar
    Options
    ejdp254 wrote: »
    wow , so i've missed 26 posts..... i will catch up! seeing as i have another week until i can go back to work ..... had some holiday, then managed to injure my back, now off work.... feeling like there are so many things wrong with me right now and i am doing nothing to help myself, nothing to move forward, absolutely nothing , it's like i don't care enough or value myself , seriously, i know i'm worth it and i just want to be the old me who was active and could run and move and felt (and looked! ) good. But i just can't motivate myself!!!!!!

Any way , working on trying some hobbies....trying to learn photography....and how are your weeks going?? :smile:
    So good to have you back! It sounds like you're a bit burned out and discouraged. I went through a bad burnout about 8 years ago. I wanted to do exactly nothing. Even things I usually enjoyed - nope. I got some help, and the idea that worked was to pick one thing from the list of all the stuff I thought I should be doing but could not make myself do. I had to do that one thing, come what may, every single day. Could not go to bed at night if it was not done. For me it was exercise, even if only 10 minutes. That helped slowly but surely. Maybe you could try the "just do one thing every single day" approach and see if it helps you get your mojo back.

Photography is amazing (but hard for a visually clueless person like me!) - that must be something to learn to do well!

Keep us posted on your process - and give us a weigh-in for this week! Thanks :heart:
  • jugar
    Options
    Hi everyone I am happy to be part of the team. Pumped and ready for March. :)

Welcome Grace! (I assume that is your name but I might be completely wrong :blush: ) I'm glad you found us. It would be wonderful to hear a bit about you, where you are, whatever you feel comfortable telling us about your goals, why you joined MFP, etc. In the new March thread, which will be open shortly I'm sure, we all re-introduce ourselves even if we have been with the team for a while, so you'll get to catch up and start to know the team.

Any questions or ideas, this is the place to post them!
  • jugar
    Options
    HEADS UP!
    February is almost over - tomorrow and Saturday are the last weigh-ins for the week. Let's be sure they're all in - the good, the bad, the ugly, the fabulous!
    efdzuay1dtel.png

Overdue:
    @ejdp254
    @evelynladams527

Due Friday:
    @jugar
    @AmyRobF
    @Pearl4686
    @Steph1498
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @mrsjar5311
    @mrs_chivonne
    @bunnybuns1111
    @conleywoods
    @robertefortier536
    @Shexio

Let's see if we finished off the week GREEN!
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @mickie48 Steps: 4,2300
    @ juger Weight: 185.8
    My body is doing a good job at the homeostasis game but not helping with the downward slope! Good thing I’m going to the gym at work tomorrow to get more movement in.
    It’ll figure this next phase out. I’m ready!
    Have a Good Friday, everyone!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Just a quick Helloo! I’m heading to bed. Can’t keep my eyes open.
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I've had a quiet and snowy week here - not too much going on.
    Just started french lessons and thinking there is so much to learn!

Here's my weight info for the week
    CW: 166.0
    PW: 167.4?

@micki48 Here are my steps so far this week
    2/23: 7,142
    2/24: 10,803
    2/25: 10,325
    2/26: 6,127
    2/27: 10,242
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday gang! Welcome Grace! Back soon!
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    vk4fmz3bwh7f.jpeg
  • jugar
    Options
    Great job so far on Friday weigh-ins - and @Pearl4686 - I know you'll get back on track soon. You know what to do! @Steph1498 - you put down 2.4 pounds! Don't pick those back up again - et on va se parler en français maintenant :smiley: Viens me voir au Québec!
    @bunnybuns1111 - under 159 - well done! I know it takes ages, but you're getting there o:) It took me all month to get rid of 1.4 pounds, and I expect the 6.6 pounds left to lose will take approximately forever. But we're determined, right?

Happy Friday, everyone!
    It is a snowy paradise here. The stuff is everywhere, and still drifting down. I went snowshoeing yesterday, of course, but it was miserable. The snow is wet and heavy, builds up under my boots and the hinged part of the snowshoe, ugh. But it sure works up a lot of sweat, panting, and (in this case) cursing. Shower earned. We should be getting some serious cold starting later today, so that will help.

I have started some radical de-cluttering, so somehow I have to bring 4 huge bags of stuff down the hill to the used stuff store in Sherbrooke. They have to leave the house! I'll strap it all to a toboggan (the person who invented bungie cords is one of the minor deities), and practice my cursing even more as the toboggan tips, slides off track, and does other evil things all the way down. When you load them kind of top heavy, they get seriously evil. But I can curse in several languages, so it is good for the soul.

Have a good one!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I thought I hated chia seeds. Turns out they just really do need to sit in liquid overnight. The whole flavor changes. The person who told me 5 to 10 minutes was incorrect. =P

So I'm going to start adding those to my breakfast in an attempt to make breakfast more filling and slowly increase my fiber.
  • jugar
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    I thought I hated chia seeds. Turns out they just really do need to sit in liquid overnight. The whole flavor changes. The person who told me 5 to 10 minutes was incorrect. =P

So I'm going to start adding those to my breakfast in an attempt to make breakfast more filling and slowly increase my fiber.

I just ate some for breakfast - and you are absolutely right. Without that overnight swelling up thing they do, they are worthless! I use them to get more Omega 3s which are important to hopefully slow down my macular degeneration. I can't take the supplement, get sick of salmon and sardines, and chia seeds make great breakfast, puddings, etc. Your 5-10 minute person was definitely incorrect!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Hello WAISTAWAYS!!!!!

March team chat is open! Please see the link below. Feel free to go over and introduce yourself :)

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10787083/waistaways-team-chat-march-2020#latest
  • jugar
    edited February 2020
    Options
    As usual when the new team threads go up, we'll only post introductions over there until Sunday. Keep doing weigh-ins and other chit chat here until then!

If you want to re-use and update your intro from this month or earlier, I have them all collected on our team google doc, or you can just go back to the first page or two of this month. Hit Quote, select all, go to the March chat, paste it in. Delete the open and close quote (bracketed bits) so that it looks brand new, revise whatever you want, and it's done!

Just a straight copy and paste from the google doc is even easier if your bio is already on there -
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1y_cLaQDEEoxZiulsWKKIPyfSGR5985PeQvWa6_wjKLA/edit?usp=sharing

I'll keep adding new ones to this document and everyone can edit their own bio any time they want.
This discussion has been closed.