WAISTAWAYS - February 2020 Chat

Options

Replies

• deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods I also had plantar fasciitis on my left foot since last Friday. I went for a 1.5 mile walk in my work Vans which have lost ALL shock absorption. I was really hurting Sat & Sun, but this week was much better. Like you, I hope it fades away. I've been biking, & I did 2 slower 1.5 mile walks. I also used Kinesio tape for a few days.
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    @deniners2 Glad to hear you are taking it easy on your foot. I got my new shoes and have been taking it easy on my feet and they feel much better. I have had chronic plantar fasciitis in the distant past so I don't mess around when it shows up. The physical therapists I work with are always saying most people would never need to come see a PT if they would just rest their injury. Hope you are back to yourself soon!
  • bunnybuns1111
    bunnybuns1111 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Ugh work has us do a weigh in and if we are in our healthy BMI weight we get an extra $600. I have know about this since January 1st and have been working really hard to get to my weight. My weigh in was yesterday and I was still overweight according to my BMI. I’ve only lost 5 lbs in these last two months and they were all mostly lost in the first 2 weeks. Now I do have another chance to get the $ but I have to do a program like Weight Watchers or Noom. I’m a little frustrated.
    Shexio wrote: »
    @bunnybuns1111 dang on the missed BMI. Would a program like the Beachbody 21 Day fix also be an option? I enjoyed the portion control of that program when I did it a couple years ago.

Maybe you could suggest our program? You have to weigh in weekly just like WW, you can commit to the exercise program of your choice and report daily, keep up your food/exercise diary, etc. We'd love to be your team for this, and then we can cheer you on and toss the tiaras around when you get your bonus! At least this one is free - but if you have to do another program, I hope you'll stick with us to share your progress.

Let the frustration push you forward - one of my favourite reminders comes from a fantastic novel by Peter Behrens (The Law of Dreams). "Anger gave you strength. Disquiet kept you going."

No I can’t do beach body or count this as my program. They give you the programs that are allowed which is WW, Noom, or our hospital weight loss program. We have to pay for it initially but then submit for reimbursement. I am definitely going to keep going! Thank you for your support everyone:)
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Hello Fat2Fit team members!! We have one week left to finish February strong! So dig deep and work to keep yourself and your teammates in the GREEN!! Be encouraging and supportive! Be your own best cheerleader and strive to be each other's biggest cheerleaders.

NEW WEEK NEW MINDSET!!
    B)

njzr2oegrxqo.png
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    I'm feeling pretty down. This month marks 1 year since joining mfp. I lost 30-35 lbs in the first 4/5 months and since then been losing and regaining the same 5 lbs. I just can't seem to get into THAT zone again. I remember at the time, when I joined, thinking I can lose all the excess weight in 1 year. Yet here I am 1 year later....
    URGH
    So depressing to think I could have easily lost that last 30 lbs if only I'd stuck to the plan...
    SW: 212
    CW: 179.9
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    Hi.. went for a fab walk today! Weather nice in Toronto today.

Andreabroadley
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 154.7
    CW: 154.2

Creeping down.. Is there a sloth emoji? :D
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,043 Member
    Options
    Pearl4686 wrote: »
    I'm feeling pretty down. This month marks 1 year since joining mfp. I lost 30-35 lbs in the first 4/5 months and since then been losing and regaining the same 5 lbs. I just can't seem to get into THAT zone again. I remember at the time, when I joined, thinking I can lose all the excess weight in 1 year. Yet here I am 1 year later....
    URGH
    So depressing to think I could have easily lost that last 30 lbs if only I'd stuck to the plan...

I know you're feeling discouraged, but you are at least stuck at the bottom 5 pounds and have not rebounded all the way back up. That happens way too often! I think this is one of the reasons we try all kinds of crazy diet plans, newfangled theories, or what have you. We want that zone back. Sometimes the experimentation works, sometimes it just crashes and burns. I did the Whole 30 about a year into my weight loss, and it was both horrible and really helpful. The purpose is to pare the diet down to a limited number of foods (protein, vegetables, fruits, reasonable amount of fats) and eliminate all dairy, grains, legumes, sugar, alcohol, etc. etc. etc. Then after the 30 days, to spend another month re-introducing them one by one. I learned a lot by doing that. What was horrible was the 30 days eating that much protein! I really can't deal with animal protein very well, so that was a heck of a lot of fish. And I dislike eggs. The first thing I re-introduced was legumes and that was the most wonderful news to see that they made me feel so good! The surprise was how bad grains made me feel. Ever since, I have kept grains to a much lower level than before, and I eat so many vegetables it is quite easy (most the time) to keep to a good number of calories.

All that to say - you are at the point where the old zone isn't going to work. You might need to think of the "density" of your foods so that you can eat large amounts of food with low caloric density (veggies!). This is satisfying, as long as you cook them in interesting ways, and there are a lot of those. Or you need to try something else that might shake you loose from the stuck place. I know a lot of people do well with intermittent fasting, but I am not one of them. It works well for people with a lot to lose, so that might not be for you at this point. I think you are due for a period of experimentation, don't you? It sure beats UGH! Good luck and many hugs to you!
  • jugar
    Options
    Registration for the March F2F challenge is OPEN! Please do NOT re-register if you are just continuing on. Do nothing, and you will automatically stay on the team for March.

For NEW people - the registration thread is at
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10786420/fat-2-fit-registration-for-march-2020#latest

Please share this link with your friends and on other discussions. Let's bring in a few new members!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    e391uscvq1b5.png

Week 3 Step Results
    As a group we walked 455,980

Top 3 Steppers...

1. 🥇@steph1497 with a whopping 116,238!!!!!
    2. 🥈micki48- 72,804
    3. 🥉@kellybgetsfit - 70,929

Great stepping everyone! We topped last week’s total and almost everyone who is reporting got all their steps in. Hurray. Way to go!! Let’s wrap up February with our best stepping week yet. :)<3
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Pearl4686 wrote: »
    URGH

@Pearl4686 I understand you are feeling down, but you really have done great. Losing slowly is always better than losing quickly, for our body and the long run. Not always what we want. @jugar is right. It may be time to change things up and give your body a jolt. You have been busy for a year on this journey and sometimes, all it takes is something new. Like our bodies have become bored with us, get stubborn, and hang on to those same pounds. In any case, we know you can do this. It's a journey. It's not like there is a finish line. We have to keep at the lifestyle changes for the rest of our lives to keep it off. Sending you encouraging thoughts.
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Wow - just been in the Habits spreadsheet to update it - I had to update two weeks! Note to self - try to do it daily! :)
  • reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Username: reflectionofme
    Weigh in day: Monday

PW: 121.1
    CW: 121.7
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Steps for 2/23 = 5788
  • jugar
    Options
    YinxFed wrote: »
    Wow - just been in the Habits spreadsheet to update it - I had to update two weeks! Note to self - try to do it daily! :)

I had to do that recently too - yikes. And I ALWAYS forget to update my steps Friday and Saturday. Arrrrgh!
    6dmlaf489izz.png
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy Monday!

Only 2 reminders for today:
    @ejdp254
    @Juliemargaretkim

Hope to have news as well as numbers!
This discussion has been closed.